Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Roles cards
    Kira
    You are detection immune.
    At night you are able to either kill a player of your choice of investigate them, learning their exact role, you can't do both within one same night.
    You will be given the choice to trade your night detection immunity for the ability to double the efficiency of your night action : this will make you able to either kill or investigate two players of your choice at night instead of just one.
    Should you accept this trade, it will take effect at the start of the following night.
    You can only accept this trade during night one or night two, if you are alone, as a Kira.
    You also have a one time ability to turn a player of your choice into a Second Kira.
    If you try to turn L into a Second Kira, the game instantly ends in a town victory.
    If you successfully turn a Citizen into a Second Kira, you will lose your ability to kill but retain your ability to investigate, but only one player at a time. You will however get your detection immunity back if you previously traded it away.
    Turning a Citizen into a Second Kira does count as a full night action, making you unable to do anything else that night.

Second Kira
    At night, you are able to kill a player of your choice, except for Kira.
    You know who Kira is.
    You are not detection immune.
    You don't share a night chat with Kira.
    If you die while Kira is still alive, Kira will get their ability to kill back.

L
    At night, you are able to investigate a player, learning, if they are not detection immune, whether your target is a Kira or not.

Citizen
    You have no special abilities.

Win conditions
    Kira and Second Kira : Eliminate L and all the Citizen, or be in a position where this cannot be stopped, you will still win if you are dead when this condition is met.

Town : Eliminate all the Kiras.

Mechanics
    The game will start on Day 1.
    Days are 48 hours long.
    Nights are 24 hours long.
    Lynches will occur at 51% and will lock the thread.

Order of Operations
    0.Kira accepts or refuses the night detection immunity trade (takes effect the following night).
    1.Kira investigates.
    2.L investigates.
    3.Kira turns the player of their choice into a Second Kira.
    4.Kira kills.
    5.Second Kira kills.

Rules
    No out of game communication.
    No editing posts.
    No direct quoted PMs from the host.
    No personal attacks on players.
    Last wills are not allowed.
    Death notes are allowed.
    Images may be posted, videos may not.
    Threatened, attempted, or faked gamethrows are prohibited and will result in force replace or modkill at the host's discretion.
    Players are required to play the game, which means be active and post about the game, host has total discretion to replace anyone for not participating in the game at any time. A warning may or not be given.
    Questions can be asked in Green and optionally tagged with a @mention, or PM'd to host.
    Last edited by Sino; February 7th, 2017 at 08:24 AM.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: S-FM Death Note

Why would Kira need night immunity if nothing attacks them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Yeah, that's why I said that lol. Insta town win.
    Oh, that could be suject to a change, but i didn't want Kira to learn about L's identity that way, and it makes sense for L to not be recruitable, so i went with the solution that made the most sense to me.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    -vote Sino

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Yeah, I understand. But imagine waiting for your game to finally start and has to end N1. I would go mad.
    Yeah, there is that risk, but it's pretty unlikely, Kira doesn't have to use this ability N1, and it's mostly a question of reads, which belong to the game.
    -vote Sino

13. ISO #13

Would optimal play from Kira to be investigate night 1 and then recruit or kill that player depending on L investigation and then N2 take the trade? That's what I would do at least.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    Would optimal play from Kira to be investigate night 1 and then recruit or kill that player depending on L investigation and then N2 take the trade? That's what I would do at least.
    I'd prefer if you could save those discussions for the game itself if you don't mind.
    -vote Sino

18. ISO #18

It seems my setup's main problem is the instant town victory in case Kira tries to recruit L, i'm willing to change that but i don't have any idea how it should be changed.

Obviously, Kira shouldn't be able to recruit L, and i also don't want Kira to find about L's identity that way, so does anyone have an idea of what should happen in that case instead ?
    -vote Sino

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by Sino View Post
    It seems my setup's main problem is the instant town victory in case Kira tries to recruit L, i'm willing to change that but i don't have any idea how it should be changed.

Obviously, Kira shouldn't be able to recruit L, and i also don't want Kira to find about L's identity that way, so does anyone have an idea of what should happen in that case instead ?

You could make a few people unable to become Second Kira. Like 3 Citizens + L. That way, It doesn't confirm him at all. And the Immune Citizen's don't know they're immune, or something.

Alternatively, you can make it so that Kira HAS to get his Second Kira n1. Then, you can have a random living Citizen get L's rolecard after N1.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Angel View Post
    You can restrict him from recruiting night 1 and balncing the game in another manner

or adding a fake L in game - and kill him instead of L if kira tries to kill L or some modifications like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    You could make a few people unable to become Second Kira. Like 3 Citizens + L. That way, It doesn't confirm him at all. And the Immune Citizen's don't know they're immune, or something.

Alternatively, you can make it so that Kira HAS to get his Second Kira n1. Then, you can have a random living Citizen get L's rolecard after N1.
    That kinda goes against the point of this game : i wanted to have one very powerful scum with a lot of possibilities vs an entire town, i don't like the idea of restricting Kira's actions.

The instant town victory also fits the RP : it's a game of cat and mouse between Kira and L, if Kira tries to recruit him, it's giving away his identity, thus ending the game, if people really don't want it, i could also simply have the recruit attempt fail, but i'd prefer leaving it that way, not only does town have to find Kira, but Kira also has to find L.
    -vote Sino

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

I understand that you don't want to make any serious changes, but having a possibility of Town winning in one night simply because they tried to convert the sheriff would ruin the game for people if it occurred.

Going on to Crypts idea, if you make citizens immune (even a few) it suddenly makes the game a 1v9 where the evil role has a possibility of not getting an accurate conversion.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

24. ISO #24

Then remove Citizen and make Second Kira a confirmed role.
    That would imply also changing the entire Kira role :<

I'd rather just have the recruit attempt fail.

Is that game over really such a big deal to all of you ?
    -vote Sino

25. ISO #25

That would imply also changing the entire Kira role :<

I'd rather just have the recruit attempt fail.

Is that game over really such a big deal to all of you ?
    It's no different than a 1 member scum team getting lynched day 1.

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    I understand that you don't want to make any serious changes, but having a possibility of Town winning in one night simply because they tried to convert the sheriff would ruin the game for people if it occurred.

Going on to Crypts idea, if you make citizens immune (even a few) it suddenly makes the game a 1v9 where the evil role has a possibility of not getting an accurate conversion.
    Yeah, but the game could also just end D1 with a Kira lynch, that's why i'm not that willing to change this mechanic

Wouldn't make some citizen conversion immune be a too big Kira nerf ? I'm considering make 2 of them immune so there are not that much of them, but i'm worried about the balance of the game.
    -vote Sino

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

I don't think you need to change the mechanic, I just thought you were looking for ideas.
    If Kira is too afraid to end the game in town win d1, then he can just kill until L is dead, then convert.

29. ISO #29

I don't think you need to change the mechanic, I just thought you were looking for ideas.
    If Kira is too afraid to end the game in town win d1, then he can just kill until L is dead, then convert.
    Unknown and Gyrlander expressed some worries about it.
    -vote Sino

30. ISO #30

Unknown and Gyrlander expressed some worries about it.
    There definitely are worries, but it's up to you if you are willing to assume the risk. It just sucks when you spend all this time making a setup, waiting on the queue, waiting for signups, post your game, and it ends in 48-72 hours.

31. ISO #31

There definitely are worries, but it's up to you if you are willing to assume the risk. It just sucks when you spend all this time making a setup, waiting on the queue, waiting for signups, post your game, and it ends in 48-72 hours.
    I'm definitely willing to risk it, this mechanic really belongs to this game, if it happens, i still have the setup and can rehost it.
    -vote Sino

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    to clarify, if he trades off his immune for kill and L investigates kira on the same night (aka he takes it night one and gets investigated n1) the results still show him as town right?
    Right, as it only takes effect the next night, Kira will also be able to kill/check only one player N1 for the same reason
    -vote Sino

34. ISO #34

Right, as it only takes effect the next night, Kira will also be able to kill/check only one player N1 for the same reason
    i feel like potimal play then is to take kill n1 and jsut keep double killing. I know yuo do want some of this dicussion for the actual game but dicussing it here can help with an overall ballance check.

i do think if you are worried about the day 1 GG thing is to make day 1 a no lynch day, ti would also allow and encurage dicussion about the mechanics itself and what kira/L should do

35. ISO #35

I think a no lynch d1 is good, because it drops the chance of Kira getting ganked before d2 by half (if he chooses to convert).

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    i feel like potimal play then is to take kill n1 and jsut keep double killing. I know yuo do want some of this dicussion for the actual game but dicussing it here can help with an overall ballance check.

i do think if you are worried about the day 1 GG thing is to make day 1 a no lynch day, ti would also allow and encurage dicussion about the mechanics itself and what kira/L should do
    That could be a good idea, but i've never seen a D1 no lynch here, i don't know how it would turn out

Quote Originally Posted by Cancer View Post
    Can second kira make the deal for the Shinigami eyes?

Also lorewise second kira doesn't know the identity of Kira unless they make the deal and see they can't see the name of Kira
    Nope, second Kira can't make the deal.

Sadly everything can't follow the lore, I don't want second kira to accidentally kill the first Kira, and having players forget previous events isn't a function on this forum.
    -vote Sino

38. ISO #38

That could be a good idea, but i've never seen a D1 no lynch here, i don't know how it would turn out
    I haven't read the rest of the thread. I just saw "No Lynch" and decided to link to this wonderful and extremely productive D1 ;)

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...s-Hidden-Setup

In other news, why not just rerun the game if the game ends D1?

If you don't want to risk the setup going to waste then consider that. MZ had two runs of the Suicide Allowed games so it's not unprecedented.

39. ISO #39

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    I haven't read the rest of the thread. I just saw "No Lynch" and decided to link to this wonderful and extremely productive D1 ;)

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...s-Hidden-Setup

In other news, why not just rerun the game if the game ends D1?

If you don't want to risk the setup going to waste then consider that. MZ had two runs of the Suicide Allowed games so it's not unprecedented.
    Lol, what a tremendous amount of productivity.

We're keeping a day 1 lynch guys.

Also, people won't be able to post during nights, lol.
    -vote Sino

40. ISO #40

Nope, second Kira can't make the deal.

Sadly everything can't follow the lore, I don't want second kira to accidentally kill the first Kira, and having players forget previous events isn't a function on this forum.
    You can make it if Kira hits L-1 second kira learns their identity lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

41. ISO #41

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    You can make it if Kira hits L-1 second kira learns their identity lol
    Lol, that wouldn't be suspicious at all

"intent to hamm... wait nvm, i just learned this guy is actually my ally, please unvote guys"

And i also was thinking about the possibility of second kira accidentally night killing kira.
    -vote Sino

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Lol, that wouldn't be suspicious at all

"intent to hamm... wait nvm, i just learned this guy is actually my ally, please unvote guys"

And i also was thinking about the possibility of second kira accidentally night killing kira.
    If 2nd Kira attacks Kira he learns his identity instead of killing him. How's that?
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    I'd like to add a rule as an experiment :

At least 50% of players' posts much be relevant to the game, what is and isn't relevant to the game is decided by the host.
    How about: "Players must make a minimum of x game-related posts" then? This policy would help against lurkers as well as the so-called "shitposters" without giving the players a feeling that they have to censor themselves to meet the 50% quota.
    DUDE, YOURE ONLY LEFT ALIVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA CHROMOSOME DO YOU NOT SEE THAT

46. ISO #46

Quote Originally Posted by Never Unlucky View Post
    How about: "Players must make a minimum of x game-related posts" then? This policy would help against lurkers as well as the so-called "shitposters" without giving the players a feeling that they have to censor themselves to meet the 50% quota.
    That's not a bad idea, but imo, the best thing would be to try both at the same time.

Usually hosts ask for a minimum of 5 posts a day, i also think, to avoid lurkers, that this cap should be raised to 20.
    -vote Sino

47. ISO #47

Any sort of a numerical cut-off is fraught with problems because undoubtedly, the host and player are going to get into a pissing match as to what constitutes a game-related or relevant post. If the idea to empower hosts to do something, they should just use their own judgment to decide whether a player is shitposting / non-participating enough to warrant a replacement. Any sort of an "objective" measure isn't going to work and will just be worked around. I understand hosts feel better having a clear rule, but at the end of the day, it's their game and they should be the sole judge of whether someone warrants replacement, not some arbitrary rule.

48. ISO #48

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Any sort of a numerical cut-off is fraught with problems because undoubtedly, the host and player are going to get into a pissing match as to what constitutes a game-related or relevant post. If the idea to empower hosts to do something, they should just use their own judgment to decide whether a player is shitposting / non-participating enough to warrant a replacement. Any sort of an "objective" measure isn't going to work and will just be worked around. I understand hosts feel better having a clear rule, but at the end of the day, it's their game and they should be the sole judge of whether someone warrants replacement, not some arbitrary rule.
    Yes, I like that better.

Dino, I think you'd be better off following DB's advice of judging by yourself who's lurking/hindering others' experience with their excessive shitposts than by drawing a clear-cut line between what you deem okay and bad with some arbitrary value.
    Last edited by Never Unlucky; December 8th, 2016 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Mispraised the Dino maymay
    DUDE, YOURE ONLY LEFT ALIVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA CHROMOSOME DO YOU NOT SEE THAT

49. ISO #49

Yes, I like that better.

Sino, I think you'd be better off following DB's advice of judging by yourself who's lurking/hindering others' experience with their excessive shitposts than by drawing a clear-cut line between what you deem okay and bad with some arbitrary value.
    Alright.
    -vote Sino

50. ISO #50