S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1

    S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    WIFOM Mafia Q

    Greetings and welcome to WIFOM Mafia Q, hosted by the infamous host RLVG.
    This game is largely focused on the aspect of WIFOM and only one role with a certain gimmick may perform night kills, with exception to a Jester.
    Agents is the Mafia who can only investigate and communicate with eachothers, with no ability to kill.

    It is up to the Town to deduce who the bad guys are and eliminate them.
    It is possible for all factions to lose.

    Lynches are forced and the game won't end until a non-Jester win condition has been achieved.



    Setup :

    1. Joker
    2. Jester
    3. Agent
    4. Agent
    5. Agent
    6. Detective
    7. Detective
    8. Lookout
    9. Citizen
    10. Citizen
    11. Citizen
    12. Citizen
    13. Citizen



    Roles :

    Joker :
    • Target a first target (Seen by investigatives) and a secondary target, may self target.
    • When two are targeted, one of the two must be lynched during day.
    • Lynching someone other than the two Joker targets will allow the Joker to decide their fate (kill one/both or spare, this isn't seen by investigatives).
      • If this happens, the Joker may discard their original action the following night to plant a bomb to a targeted player.
      • Bomb causes everyone in that house (thus no visit / being visited) to die.

    • The Joker has a limited 4 kills from his manual kill ability, this does not reflect on Bomb.



    Jester :
    • Target someone in order to simply visit them.
    • When lynched, the Jester targets an alive player during the night to kill them.


    Agent :
    • Target someone in order to gain feedback of who they visited and was visited by.
    • May self target.
    • Shares a night chat with the other Agents.


    Detective :
    • Target someone in order to gain feedback of who they visited.


    Lookout :
    • Target someone in order to gain feedback of who they was visited by.
    • May self target.


    Citizen :
    • Target someone in order to simply visit them.




    Win Conditions :
    • Joker : Eliminate the Agents (first) before eliminating the Citizen, or be in a 1v1 tie situation to anyone other than Jester.
    • Jester : Get lynched. (Game doesn't end)
    • Agents : Eliminate the Joker (first) before eliminating the Town.
    • Town : Eliminate the Joker and the Agents, no one cares about Jester.
    • No One Wins : This happens when no one has won the game and a win is no longer possible by anyone.




    Mechanics :
    • Days last 48 hours and Nights last 24 hours, no exception, an early lynch pauses the game until scheduled time.
    • Game starts during Night 1 with actions enabled.
    • Every day is a forced lynch day and if no lynch, highest voted will be lynched or randomed by ties.
    • In order to lynch someone, a player need to be voted by Majority of the players that's alive. (51%)
    • Last Wills are not allowed.
    • No Action are allowed, and it will be seen as self visiting.
    • Suicide is not allowed, you sinner.
    • Night Actions are locked when a hour remains.
    • Kills made by Joker and Jester is revealed at the start of the day, Lynches are revealed at the end of the day.
    • Kills made during night all look identical.
    • Kills are made before night actions, with exception of Bomb that is at the end of night.
    • The Mafia gains a Factional Night Kill upon the death of the Joker.
    Last edited by RLVG; February 17th, 2017 at 02:04 PM.

  2. #2

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    if the Lookout visits himself, does this show as them visiting themselves? (Just to clarify)

    Can the Agent visit themself?

    Points #3 and 4 under mechanics seem to contradict each other. Could you clarify?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  3. #3

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    if the Lookout visits himself, does this show as them visiting themselves? (Just to clarify)
    Yes.

    (Semi-related) No Action will be seen as self visiting as well, making it easy to mistake a lookout self targeting. (I'll clarify further on that)

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Can the Agent visit themself?
    Yes. I'll fix that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    Points #3 and 4 under mechanics seem to contradict each other. Could you clarify?

    • Every day is a forced lynch day and if no lynch, highest voted will be lynched or randomed by ties.
    • In order to lynch someone, a player need to be voted by Majority of the players that's alive. (51%)


    It's conditional on the fact that someone is lynched, or if the day ends without there being a lynch.

    There's also this, from Point 1.


    • Days last 48 hours and Nights last 24 hours, no exception, an early lynch pauses the game until scheduled time.

  4. #4

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Okay I understand what you are saying there now. The part that confused me was the mandatory 51% (which would mean no ties if there was a lynch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  5. #5

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    what happens if the joker visits himself and one other person, and neither are lynched? Does he survive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  6. #6

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    what happens if the joker visits himself and one other person, and neither are lynched? Does he survive?
    Opps, I forgot that part.

    Yes, both of them survives in this scenario. (I'll fix that)



    Edit : Added this.

    If the Joker is among the forced lynch targets and neither of the two are lynched, both will survive it. (still grants bomb)

  7. #7

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Joker's win con says it needs to eliminate citizens after agents, is intended for joker to not care about town power roles?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  8. #8

  9. #9

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Days last 48 hours and Nights last 24 hours, no exception, an early lynch pauses the game until scheduled time.
    What if the site breaks? Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Is it really alright to just call them "dark" templar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    please stop shitposting
    Hopefully you'll get banned and hit by a truck.

  10. #10

  11. #11

  12. #12

  13. #13

  14. #14

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Quote Originally Posted by BigWood View Post
    I would like to participate in this
    Do not trust @SuperJack s spontaneous signs in threads. This is merely the setup thread, and the game has not been put in sign up page yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

  15. #15

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    If a person that the Joker did not target is lynched, so the players die at the end of the day, or the end of the following night?
    Just to clarify Joker role card: "If it happens". "it" = Joker targets are not lynched, correct?
    Jester rolecard says they target someone to kill them when lynched. Is this the target from the night before, or does he get to choose someone the night following his lynch?
    If it's prior target, does it happen same time as Jester lynch, or the end of the following night?

    The Win Conditions don't really work.
    Agents have to kill the Joker first it says. What happens if the game comes down to 3 Agents vs Joker? Regardless of the Joker's targets, Mafia can still eliminate the Joker and have 1 player left alive. In this situation, none of the win conditions are met.
    In fact, if Town is eliminated first in any situation, neither scum factions can win (except Joker, but Mafia can NK him or lynch him). Is it your intent to have the game end in a "No One Wins" situation?

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  16. #16

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Mind sharing the reasoning behind starting during the night-phase?

    It seems choices in night actions on n1 will be largely random / shallow. It may be useful for investigatives to crumb results they found in the day 1 chat, but they can do that on later days anyway, and getting targeted by a joker on d1 for reasons largely out of your control seems like a slap in the face.

  17. #17

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Mind sharing the reasoning behind starting during the night-phase?

    It seems choices in night actions on n1 will be largely random / shallow. It may be useful for investigatives to crumb results they found in the day 1 chat, but they can do that on later days anyway, and getting targeted by a joker on d1 for reasons largely out of your control seems like a slap in the face.
    Probably most likely to have the Joker Mechanic in the game from the start, instead of having the Joker wait until Day 2/Night 2 to have any affect on the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  18. #18

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Probably most likely to have the Joker Mechanic in the game from the start, instead of having the Joker wait until Day 2/Night 2 to have any affect on the game.
    Upon more thought, it would certainly liven day 1 up to have it in from the start. But the Joker himself doesn't even have a way of knowing if his target-choice will benefit his WC, so it may not necessarily even be in his interests. The only meaningful decision anyone will make on n1 will be whether the Joker chooses to self-target lol.

  19. #19

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Of course my computer decides to sepukku.
    Stupid computer. Sorry for the slow reply!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    If a person that the Joker did not target is lynched, so the players die at the end of the day, or the end of the following night?
    The Joker kills them at the end of the night. The victim may use their night action and will be seen as visiting, but ultimately they will die and their actions won't do that much for the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Just to clarify Joker role card: "If it happens". "it" = Joker targets are not lynched, correct?
    "Lynching someone other than the two will cause the two to be killed (not seen by investigatives), exception is if Joker is lynched.

    • If it happens, the Joker (following night only) may discard their original action to plant a bomb to a targeted player."


    I see a lost in translation issue here. I'll rewrite this section.

    "Lynching someone other than the two Joker targets will cause them to die (not seen by investigatives), exception of death is if Joker is among the two.

    • If this happens, the Joker may discard their original action the following night to plant a bomb to a targeted player."


    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    Jester rolecard says they target someone to kill them when lynched. Is this the target from the night before, or does he get to choose someone the night following his lynch?
    If it's prior target, does it happen same time as Jester lynch, or the end of the following night?


    The reasoning of Citizen and Jester having the ability to visit is because of the Bomb mechanic and investigatives ability to see visits.
    This doesn't reflect on the Jester's kill ability and instead it's entirely manual who the Jester get to kill.

    I'll word this differently so it's easier understood.

    "When lynched, the Jester targets an alive player during the night to kill them."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    The Win Conditions don't really work.
    Agents have to kill the Joker first it says. What happens if the game comes down to 3 Agents vs Joker? Regardless of the Joker's targets, Mafia can still eliminate the Joker and have 1 player left alive. In this situation, none of the win conditions are met.
    In fact, if Town is eliminated first in any situation, neither scum factions can win (except Joker, but Mafia can NK him or lynch him). Is it your intent to have the game end in a "No One Wins" situation?
    Indeed, it is my intention of having a "No one wins" scenario.
    In a 3 Agents vs Joker, Town has been eliminated in which none of them are able to win and it'll be the sadest game of all time.

    For the sake of drama, I'll add the No One Wins condition.
    No One Wins : This happens when no one has won the game and a win is no longer possible by anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Mind sharing the reasoning behind starting during the night-phase?
    The reason behind it is to give the Joker some starting synergy and give the game a wakeup call from the start.
    Jesters can move around to incriminate themselves, the Agents will look for TPR and TPR will look for Scum, so it's a natural circle anyway for night actions.

    There's just one flaw, there's no reason for the Citizen to move though... Maybe I should have a bomb at the start?




    Feedback requested :
    1. Should the Joker start with a Bomb?
    2. Should the Joker have the ability to decide to kill or not to kill the two chosen targets?
    3. Should the Mafia get a factional kill if the Joker dies? Or better yet, a bomb ability?



    Changes made :
    1. Rewritten the Jester and Joker to understand it easier.
    2. Added a No One Wins condition.



    Miscellaneous notes :
    1. Presigns are not something I'll take in consideration, however I might send a PM to notify I've made a signups.
    2. People will hate this setup one way or another and still sign for it lol.

  20. #20

    Re: S-FM (13P) : WIFOM Mafia Q

    Further to your questions regarding the Joker, maybe give him a X number of kills? like 4 or 5?

    And then he can choose to kill both targets, 1 target, or neither?

    That way, the Joker isn't confirmed if he selects himself. Or, he can frame someone as Joker, ect.



    I do think that the Mafia should get a Factional NK if the Joker dies.

    I think Joker shouldn't start with a bomb, but just my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •