M-FM Fringe: Alternate Universe - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: Alternate Universe D1 Continued

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Cruise Elroy View Post
    I think the chances of a jailor pulling a successful jail off are miniscule given all we need is one vote on one dude for a lynch to happen. Given the double-blind nature of the game, I can't see it easily happening; all scum have to do is post a vote at the last minute to prevent a jail. It'll reveal them as scum, sure, but they could sacrifice a useless role for a good role.

Also, AssRhamur, are you actually going to contribute here, or are you just going to make jokes and say stupid shit?
    Not quite. Only one lynch happens across both universes, so if we had 0 votes on anyone and a scum last-minute voted to cause a lynch, not only would they out themselves as scum (which should be enough to make this not worth it for them most of the time), but they also very likely wouldn't even cause a lynch as the other universe would only need to have 2 votes on a single target to prevent that from working.

That being said however, mafia can communicate 24/7, which means that if they're smart/active they will never try this tactic unless the mafia in the other universe give them confirmation that it would actually work. But they would still then be revealing themselves as mafia, so I still don't think it would be an effective strategy- they'd be better off taking their chances with the jailor.

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Yes View Post
    Giving role information to a possible jailor is the idea. The idea isn't for him to execute lol.
    That's even worse. Why would we want to no-lynch just so the jailor could jail and not execute? Are you trying to get yourself lynched? You know there's no jester possible in this setup, right?

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

here I'll isolate it + make it large and bright so you can see it
    Nice try at condescension, but it won't work on me- you are in the presence of a master. I invented this shit.

I saw that sentence the first time around and still posted, but you didn't get it so I'll spell it out for you:

Even as a day one play it doesn't make sense and it's fucking terrible.

One more time, larger so you get the message:

5. ISO #105

6. ISO #106

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Marksman View Post
    Nice try at condescension, but it won't work on me- you are in the presence of a master. I invented this shit.

I saw that sentence the first time around and still posted, but you didn't get it so I'll spell it out for you:

One more time, larger so you get the message:

Okay dude, that's cool. I'm really sorry I don't want guaranteed info for free without killing a town member based on no actual information but your "reads". 4 of you seem to be pretty shitty at "reading" so far.

7. ISO #107

Selfish and Reactive Behavior
    Other than to quickly call people scum[#23, #110, #135, #151], Marksman only replies to defend herself. This is probably the "arrogant" attitude that others have picked up on— I'd simply call it that she is concerned about herself. In other words, survivalistic and overly careful about her influence in discussion.

Picks at reasons to call people scum#28 After saying that RVS is scummy, she does not follow it up with an explanation. She knows that the thought is unconventional, but does not explain it or want to explain it for us which is anti-town. She is not new and she is a forum mafia player. So taken in context, this was a)an attempt to shut down RVS b)a way to pick at something in order to call me scum c)extremely selfish

Disconnect of her thoughts and her actions
    #109Marksman says that this stage is for discussing game mechanics, yet does not take the time to do so. Her only post about game mechanics yesterday was #102, a mild speculation on the distribution of roles.

"Finally, a comment about the actual game. (exasperated)" #102 She implies she is annoyed at the lack of discussion about the game, yet nowhere does she ask questions to reengage people.
    Instead, her use of questions is for sarcastic defense. Example: "Are you going to discredit all my reads just because the person I'm reading happens to think I'm scum?" #141

When players say one thing and do another.. that is the definition of deception.

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Almost Late View Post
    Ugh this website is shitting itself, last post got deleted. Alright so finally found the universe. 2 or 3 of the people here are scum. Looking at the list i'm going to guess 3.

What i didn't expect and suprises me is that we can't see anything of the other universe at all. We can't see their chat , their votes, who died. I thought we would have acces to the thread. We should have tried to form a strategy before we split.

This also makes this game a whole lot harder considering scum can talk with each other 24/7 and report. So they know how the votes are going on the other side and try to sway if needed. And with the posts so far i think this is the hardest universe.

Yes why are you spending your time posting shitty emoticons, instead of being productive ?

-vote M-FM Yes
    These blanket assumptions are useless. We could easily have 4 scum players in our universe. The balance will shift throughout the game so it doesn't really matter what we start with. Looking at the list of players shouldn't give you an idea of the amount of scum players we have.

13. ISO #113

Also @late I don't really like your reasoning for voting for me that you described in your original post when there were also a couple of other players who hadn't contributed before me. You gave further explanation later on but that's not good enough for me. You should have just said that in your original post.

14. ISO #114

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Kool-Aid View Post
    Right now I'm thinking Kyoko & almost late.
    Kyoko seems to have an attitude but has given minimal worthy input with it. This is in contrast to marksman who has as well an attitude, but at least explains why.
    Marksman is probably one of my higher town reads. however I like Zealot as well. I think for pregame its important just to show up... give a little input here and there. I think scum would be more of the "go with the flow" kind of people.... but zealot doesn't seem to be taking other people's shit sooo
    I can understand town reading zealot right now but your reasoning for town reading marksman is her attitude? I don't follow.

15. ISO #115

16. ISO #116

17. ISO #117

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

Okay dude, that's cool. I'm really sorry I don't want guaranteed info for free without killing a town member based on no actual information but your "reads". 4 of you seem to be pretty shitty at "reading" so far.
    You only dislike my reads because they include you as #1 scum. Several other people agree with me, hence all the votes on you. Speaking of which, funny (read: super scummy) how the person in the most danger of being lynched is also the most vocal opponent of lynching.

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Kyoko Kirigiri View Post
    Selfish and Reactive Behavior
    Other than to quickly call people scum[#23, #110, #135, #151], Marksman only replies to defend herself. This is probably the "arrogant" attitude that others have picked up on— I'd simply call it that she is concerned about herself. In other words, survivalistic and overly careful about her influence in discussion.
    Not true at all, I have defended myself some, but those are not my "only" replies. Self defense isn't a majority or even a plurality. And it couldn't be further from the truth because I really don't give a fuck if anyone thinks I'm scum, but I know how this game works- if I ignore the accusations I'm "refusing to explain myself" and "ignoring the accusations/laying low and hoping they go away". So I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. But I like the way you included that in your attack so that when I defend myself from your blatantly false accusations it looks as though I'm proving your point to further put me in an unwinnable position. Very sneaky.

Picks at reasons to call people scum#28 After saying that RVS is scummy, she does not follow it up with an explanation.

I explained myself. Learn to read. Or get better at lying.

She knows that the thought is unconventional, but does not explain it or want to explain it for us which is anti-town. She is not new and she is a forum mafia player. So taken in context, this was a)an attempt to shut down RVS b)a way to pick at something in order to call me scum c)extremely selfish
    I like that you call me selfish here. 1) Because the closest thing you have to evidence is that I defend myself from attacks, which anyone would do and 2) Because even if I was selfish that means nothing in the scope of the game. All that matters is whether or not I'm scum, but you don't call me out as scum, you instead resort to attacking my character as if that somehow matters.

Disconnect of her thoughts and her actions
    #109Marksman says that this stage is for discussing game mechanics, yet does not take the time to do so. Her only post about game mechanics yesterday was #102, a mild speculation on the distribution of roles.
    This is your first and only fair criticism of me. I should have discussed the mechanics more. That being said, no one else really brought anything to the table on this topic or even expressed much interest in talking about anything other than the fact that I shit on their beloved "RVS" bulshit. So I only take half responsibility for this one.

"Finally, a comment about the actual game. (exasperated)" #102 She implies she is annoyed at the lack of discussion about the game, yet nowhere does she ask questions to reengage people.
    Instead, her use of questions is for sarcastic defense. Example: "Are you going to discredit all my reads just because the person I'm reading happens to think I'm scum?" #141
    I was exasperated and that's exactly what zealot was doing, so yeah I stand by those posts.

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

22. ISO #122

You only dislike my reads because they include you as #1 scum. Several other people agree with me, hence all the votes on you. Speaking of which, funny (read: super scummy) how the person in the most danger of being lynched is also the most vocal opponent of lynching.

Not true at all, I have defended myself some, but those are not my "only" replies. Self defense isn't a majority or even a plurality. And it couldn't be further from the truth because I really don't give a fuck if anyone thinks I'm scum, but I know how this game works- if I ignore the accusations I'm "refusing to explain myself" and "ignoring the accusations/laying low and hoping they go away". So I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. But I like the way you included that in your attack so that when I defend myself from your blatantly false accusations it looks as though I'm proving your point to further put me in an unwinnable position. Very sneaky.

I explained myself. Learn to read. Or get better at lying.

I like that you call me selfish here. 1) Because the closest thing you have to evidence is that I defend myself from attacks, which anyone would do and 2) Because even if I was selfish that means nothing in the scope of the game. All that matters is whether or not I'm scum, but you don't call me out as scum, you instead resort to attacking my character as if that somehow matters.

This is your first and only fair criticism of me. I should have discussed the mechanics more. That being said, no one else really brought anything to the table on this topic or even expressed much interest in talking about anything other than the fact that I shit on their beloved "RVS" bulshit. So I only take half responsibility for this one.

I was exasperated and that's exactly what zealot was doing, so yeah I stand by those posts.
    How did you quote me while actually quoting someone else. wp

23. ISO #123

24. ISO #124

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

29. ISO #129

I'd say scum hasn't had time to plan a big power play yet, especially since they didn't know who would be in what universe. So I think of the Marksman/Zealot/Yes group, at least one of them is scum. I'm beginning to think that Yes is not a very skilled player, and possibly scum, thus his unwillingness to contribute at all. Kyoko might be allied with him and trying to soft defend, or might have legitimate issue with Marksman, I can't tell yet.

AssRhamur is useless and might make a good lynch later if we don't have any better leads and he doesn't shape up.

In any event.

-vote M-FM Yes

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

To put this in context, Yes, there are 9 people in this universe and 5 of them currently want your head. You might want to defend more seriously, roleclaim, or both.
    Okay man I guess me contributing isn't actually contributing. Should I post more emoticons?

33. ISO #133

34. ISO #134

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

Off the top of my head.

Ass says he is a new forum mafia player, yet he plays like the biggest douche i've ever seen. But a new forum mafia player instantly asks somebody if they are Mesk.
    How did nobody see this giant gaping hole.

Then Koolaid also says he is a new forum mafia player, then he votes Yes a train I started even though he put me as a scumread ? (you remind me of NU when he got lynched D1 as scum on Politico)

Now we have Yes suddenly contributing i'm happy my vote had effect but the train that happened tells me Yes isnt scum.

Then kirianimenofuckingclue name puts on a wall of text making the shittiest accusation of Marksman meanwhile using only her pronouns and basically revealing the COM behind the anon account.

Jesus fuck people

37. ISO #137

Off the top of my head.

Ass says he is a new forum mafia player, yet he plays like the biggest douche i've ever seen. But a new forum mafia player instantly asks somebody if they are Mesk.

Then Koolaid also says he is a new forum mafia player, then he votes Yes a train I started even though he put me as a scumread ? (you remind me of NU when he got lynched D1 as scum on Politico)

Now we have Yes suddenly contributing i'm happy my vote had effect but the train that happened tells me Yes isnt scum.

Then kirianimenofuckingclue name puts on a wall of text making the shittiest accusation of Marksman meanwhile using only her pronouns and basically revealing the COM behind the anon account.

Jesus fuck people
    they r friends. rip ur giant gaping hole

38. ISO #138

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Kyoko Kirigiri View Post
    I see active deception from Marksman. While I read more carefully about the other scummy looking people, which could just be bad town play:
    -vote M-FM Marksman
    No you see what you want to see , if you think your play can result in trains you are delusional , pretty much like the illusion you made when you accused Marksman.

These blanket assumptions are useless. We could easily have 4 scum players in our universe. The balance will shift throughout the game so it doesn't really matter what we start with. Looking at the list of players shouldn't give you an idea of the amount of scum players we have.
    No ugh amatuer, read the damn setup we cant have 4 scum players in our universe. you are now active but remain useless

I'd say scum hasn't had time to plan a big power play yet, especially since they didn't know who would be in what universe. So I think of the Marksman/Zealot/Yes group, at least one of them is scum. I'm beginning to think that Yes is not a very skilled player, and possibly scum, thus his unwillingness to contribute at all. Kyoko might be allied with him and trying to soft defend, or might have legitimate issue with Marksman, I can't tell yet.

AssRhamur is useless and might make a good lynch later if we don't have any better leads and he doesn't shape up.

In any event.

-vote M-FM Yes
    There is so much wrong with this posts it pings you as scum to me. I'll break it down
    First you say Marksman Zealot yes are a group , first of all 2 of them are voting Yes and the same 2 people are some of our most active pre game chatters, You meanwhile made this post your first official post aka YOU HAVE NO INFLUENCE because you decided to do some shitty rp that nobody found funny or appreciated. Then you jump on Yes as the 10th person or something.
    Then you feel the need to include Ass in your post. This feels like you are trying to turn the spotlight away from an Ass lynch.

Ugh

The only people i trust in this universe are Marksman and Zealot

I don't think Yes is a good lynch because it formed too quickly with shit reasons

My top scumreads are Koolaid and Cruise with Ass being a retard.

39. ISO #139

40. ISO #140

41. ISO #141

I'm not really feeling the pressure tbh. If you want me to defend myself more seriously than find a more serious reason for voting me. I've got like 32 or so hours left.
    Highlighting this post for discussion.

Given the mafia have 24/7 communication and can constantly keep each other informed of what's going on in both universes, what do we think about the possibility that Yes doesn't feel the pressure because he has information about the vote tally in the other (main?) universe?

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

Given the mafia have 24/7 communication and can constantly keep each other informed of what's going on in both universes, what do we think about the possibility that Yes doesn't feel the pressure because he has information about the vote tally in the other (main?) universe?
    No he's simply responding like you should, don't let the pressure get to you. He's trying to not show weakness.

44. ISO #144

No you see what you want to see , if you think your play can result in trains you are delusional , pretty much like the illusion you made when you accused Marksman.

No ugh amatuer, read the damn setup we cant have 4 scum players in our universe. you are now active but remain useless

There is so much wrong with this posts it pings you as scum to me. I'll break it down
    First you say Marksman Zealot yes are a group , first of all 2 of them are voting Yes and the same 2 people are some of our most active pre game chatters, You meanwhile made this post your first official post aka YOU HAVE NO INFLUENCE because you decided to do some shitty rp that nobody found funny or appreciated. Then you jump on Yes as the 10th person or something.
    Then you feel the need to include Ass in your post. This feels like you are trying to turn the spotlight away from an Ass lynch.

Ugh

The only people i trust in this universe are Marksman and Zealot

I don't think Yes is a good lynch because it formed too quickly with shit reasons

My top scumreads are Koolaid and Cruise with Ass being a retard.
    Wanna switch it up?

-vote M-FM Cruise Elroy

45. ISO #145

Off the top of my head.

Are you actually retarded? Im not hiding behind an anonymous profile. you can look at my forum posts and see if I've ever played. I know mesk from the Starcraft 2 Mod. Could you please take your head out of your head? I think ill dub thee Headass
    RIDE OR CRY

46. ISO #146

That could be a possibility but it would look really bad for Yes if someone over there was lynched with 7 or more votes and he had 5

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

Quote Originally Posted by AnassRhamur View Post
    Are you actually retarded? Im not hiding behind an anonymous profile. you can look at my forum posts and see if I've ever played. I know mesk from the Starcraft 2 Mod. Could you please take your head out of your head? I think ill dub thee Headass
    Could you tone down the insults please?

49. ISO #149

No he's simply responding like you should, don't let the pressure get to you. He's trying to not show weakness.
    Ok, so given that you think the train on him mounted too quickly for him to be scum and you think he is responding to pressure in the correct way, why do you still have your vote on him?

I'd also like to point out that even though I just brought up the possibility of him being mafia, he could also be William Bell, which could explain both his scummy behavior and the speed at which the votes piled onto him. Though I personally am choosing not to read much into the speed of the train.

50. ISO #150

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Zealot View Post
    That could be a possibility but it would look really bad for Yes if someone over there was lynched with 7 or more votes and he had 5
    True.

Actually, now that you mention it: Are we informed of lynches (and the vote tally/role-flip on those lynches) that occur in the other universe?