User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: This name is a no no?

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    This is how your name looks in games:

L Name.png

This is NOT acceptable and constitutes Name Abuse given it is not readable to the other players and appears to be a blank slot / dead player.
    Not to be rude, but you already knew you shouldn't be the one to answer this question. and now im sure the rest is just gonna go with your reply instead of giving their own answer

thats one way to kill the mood.
    Last edited by MasterNinja; October 13th, 2016 at 09:56 PM.
    I WILL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS IN MY SIGNATURE.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNinja View Post
    Not to be rude, but you already knew you shouldn't be the one to answer this question. and now im sure the rest is just gonna go with your reply instead of giving their own answer

thats one way to kill the mood.
    To be fair, without being able to see what those color codes produce on the screen, there's not much point to asking the question -- no one who isn't familiar with HTML is going to be able to associate 000000 and EE0000 with black. It's a question of optics and attempting to deceive other players into believing that you are dead or not in the game.

5. ISO #5

To be fair, without being able to see what those color codes produce on the screen, there's not much point to asking the question -- no one who isn't familiar with HTML is going to be able to associate 000000 and EE0000 with black. It's a question of optics and attempting to deceive other players into believing that you are dead or not in the game.
    As we all know, i dont use names like this. maybe it occurs a few times a year when im drunk or so like that beeing up all night. and it was just a question with dark color and 1 letter.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

what you say? and can i have my points back to rank 6+ of what i had.
    -<c val="000000">L</c><c val="EE0000"><c val="EE0000">
    If your gonna be in SuperJ then never use this name cause it's.rule.breaking and again the sport of the game. Make sure people can see.your.name. it's only fair.
    ^^ I hope you understand friend =)
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    If your gonna be in SuperJ then never use this name cause it's.rule.breaking and again the sport of the game. Make sure people can see.your.name. it's only fair.
    ^^ I hope you understand friend =)
    SuperJ sounds like Superjack, so now my clan tag resembles you... when i join mafia, people have no way to tell if its a mafia clan or not unless they know about it in advance.

and dont worry jack, i already knew the rules before you even signed up at the forums.

what about my rep? 4 years of service and one of the best players having bananachucho on my back.
    Last edited by MasterNinja; October 14th, 2016 at 09:42 AM.

11. ISO #11

SuperJ sounds like Superjack, so now my clan tag resembles you... when i join mafia, people have no way to tell if its a mafia clan or not unless they know about it in advance.

and dont worry jack, i already knew the rules before you even signed up at the forums.

what about my rep? 4 years of service and one of the best players having bananachucho right behind me.
    Yah but still clan is supposed to have a good name yah.
    Yah just be careful because rules change overtime. Even now we bring in new rules or change old ones. For example after a series of people abusing the blank/invisable naming ability and people reporting it, the admins decided to restrict the use of it.

Like leave train punishment is only 2 years old.
    =)

You understand though right? .^^ no more camouflage/blank names yas?

^^you one tonight yah?
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

I remember people doing that =D. Wow, that's banned nowadays?

Doesn't the game show a box next to every votable/visitable player, making it immediately obvious when someone is pulling that trick? There are other things that made it really hard to pull off like the vote count. I haven't played in a long time though.

Honestly, if there was some massive epidemic of players doing it and floods of reports to mods about it, it makes sense to ban it. And it doesn't really live up to the tasteful, well-mannered sportsmanship the sc2mafia community has worked hard to cultivate ^^.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I remember people doing that =D. Wow, that's banned nowadays?

Doesn't the game show a box next to every votable/visitable player, making it immediately obvious when someone is pulling that trick? There are other things that made it really hard to pull off like the vote count. I haven't played in a long time though.

Honestly, if there was some massive epidemic of players doing it and floods of reports to mods about it, it makes sense to ban it. And it doesn't really live up to the tasteful, well-mannered sportsmanship the sc2mafia community has worked hard to cultivate ^^.
    yeah it shows the voting box and people does it all the time, its annoying me.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Leave trains have been banned? WHAT?!
    yes
    like bananachucho / watermelon or watermeloan if thats the same guy (as watermelon), did it all the time. yet i didn't have too much proof, made a quick youtube video where bananachucho be mad after doing a leavetrain where we had to rejoin then he started kicking me and others from the next lobby
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d8vcQYZMgM
    ps that youtube channel is not related to me.

but what can you do rite, if you dont get evidence in time then there's nothing to do about it.
    Last edited by MasterNinja; October 14th, 2016 at 10:43 AM.

17. ISO #17

It appears they're trying to remove toxicity or something. They do not appreciate the true value of sc2mafia ^^

I hope you can still call yourself Martin Luther King and get lynched for being black =/

18. ISO #18

yes
    like bananachucho / watermelon or watermeloan if thats the same guy (as watermelon), did it all the time. yet doing youtube videos as proof and some replays didnt get nowhere, was a waste of time trying to make a report.
    loool. Though, even if it's hard to police, it's probably for the better to ban it tbh

19. ISO #19

loool. Though, even if it's hard to police, it's probably for the better to ban it tbh
    done editing, only reason i got in touch with bananachucho was his bank account. end of story
    Last edited by MasterNinja; October 14th, 2016 at 10:54 AM.

20. ISO #20

Once you get colored names, you have your choice of literally any other color to use, ~98% of which are easily visible to other players. The only reason anyone would pick pitch black as their name color is to hope that other players don't notice them and figure that their slot is dead. By its very nature, this is attempting to exploit the name options / background color of the game to conceal oneself. Also, merely because other players break the rules doesn't sanction the behavior. If they get reported for this type Name Abuse, they will get punished as well.

21. ISO #21

i had to edit but all i had was this so, i guess i see why it didn't work out, but i had replays tho so idk. bananachucho always played with watermelon teaming up with eachother. and his bank was so obvious it shouldn't even been possbile. he even kept changing it and then he claimed he gave away thousands of points in roulette as excuse etc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d8vcQYZMgM
    Man I love you guys. I've never knew BC played sc2mafia. She must play at different times to when I did / only started playing recently.

I'm so confused. Host never used to be able to kick people from lobbies. Does that also count as leave-training nowadays? Because I thought leave-training was just when you typed "LEAVE TRAIN" in-game then left, prodding others to do the same hahah.

22. ISO #22

Man I love you guys. I've never knew BC played sc2mafia. She must play at different times to when I did / only started playing recently.

I'm so confused. Host never used to be able to kick people from lobbies. Does that also count as leave-training nowadays? Because I thought leave-training was just when you typed "LEAVE TRAIN" in-game then left, prodding others to do the same hahah.
    Leave Training is when you're in the actual game, not the lobby waiting for the game to begin. Leaving a game lobby is not inciting a Leave Train. The purpose of the Leave Train offense is because it can take some time to get a game going given the lobby needing to load up, the game needing to load, etc.

Finally, we also have no technological means of reviewing what happened in a game lobby as opposed to in the game itself, as replays are not created until a game starts. What happens in a game lobby is more of a Blizzard concern than a Mafia one.

23. ISO #23

Leave Training is when you're in the actual game, not the lobby waiting for the game to begin. Leaving a game lobby is not inciting a Leave Train. The purpose of the Leave Train offense is because it can take some time to get a game going given the lobby needing to load up, the game needing to load, etc. Finally, we also have no technological means of reviewing what happened in a game lobby as opposed to in the game itself, as replays are not created until a game starts.
    That's what I thought. I think I misread the reason he posted the video.

How long does it typically take for a game to start from the moment you join the lobby these days? It typically took like 10/20 mins at peak time, if I remember correctly.

24. ISO #24

That's what I thought. I think I misread the reason he posted the video.

How long does it typically take for a game to start from the moment you join the lobby these days? It typically took like 10/20 mins at peak time, if I remember correctly.
    During peak times, it can take 3-5 minutes or so -- usually, it's the same crew of players entering into games so once a previous one ends, a lobby will fill up fast. During off-peak times, it can be much longer.

25. ISO #25

at US 5-11PM time it fills up fast.
    yes the video was just showing bananachucho being angry after he did a leavetrain.

this is all i gotta say on bananachucho https://image.prntscr.com/image/537b0...9bf836c304.png
    him claiming to give away points in roulette to friends, 5000 points change in 50 games.

first off you dont have 30 000 points with 750 games played. not without other giving you in roulette and or donating.
    https://image.prntscr.com/image/44864...249facc70f.png
    Last edited by MasterNinja; October 14th, 2016 at 11:22 AM.

26. ISO #26

yes the video was just showing bananachucho being angry after he did a leavetrain.

this is all i gotta say on bananachucho https://image.prntscr.com/image/537b0...9bf836c304.png
    him claiming to give away points in roulette to friends, 5000 points change in 50 games.

first off you dont have 30 000 points with 750 games played.
    Pretty sure this was all from 2014-2015 and has been dealt with on the reports side already so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up here?

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    Banana probably has two computers she plays from.

I have one computer at 50k points 2000 games
    two computers at 3k points
    like two at 1k points
    etc.

Point is your same account can have different values for everything and change 100k points in a day without cheating....
    same reason as im stuck at 10 000 to 14 000 points everytime i play even tho i have over 3000 games played.

and by the time i reported banana was the first time he made an account on the forums, Same with Watermelon to back him / her up. and nobody had seen the persons ever since, your sc2 name stays the same nomatter how many computers you're on. so he was Susp but got away.
    Last edited by MasterNinja; October 14th, 2016 at 11:32 AM.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

and here is big pic, notice i did over 230 games in 1 month here average 7-8 games a day. and bananachucho does like 35 games and loses 5000 points. its just sad how obvious it was for me who witnessed everything.
    I never really took the time to understand points. And I don't think either of us really wanna discuss that kind of crap anyway.

Woah, all of you have sucky winrates! Back when the legendary stinkywinky was on that leaderboard, he got a 70% winrate ^^

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Cant you just make it so that you cant use those colors. Cant you just update the codes that work?
    As background, the colors are determined via HTML hexadecimal codes. Given the number of digits, there are something like 16.7 million different color possibilities. It would be a very onerous task to hardcode all the ranges of colors that show up very dark or unreadable and that analysis is somewhat subjective anyway. The overwhelming majority of players understand that deliberately making your name unreadable or blank is against the rules and those who don't will either be told and learn (verbal warning), reported and stop after they are punished (watch list), or continue to violate the rules and be point banned.