M-FM - The Festival of Blood Redux
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

M-FM - The Festival of Blood Redux

Let me retell you a tale.

A tale of bloodshed, murder and deceit... That took place right in front of nearly 20000 citizens of New Marais. Yet so quietly that nearly all were oblivious to it.

Hello friends,

Elixir here, you may remember me from such FMs as New Marais, Return to New Marais and The Festival of Blood. I got nostalgic after reading some of the game threads from back then. They were very good games. I am aware that FMs have changed a lot since my time but considering how well the return to New Marais was recieved and played - I figured I'd bring this one back for another shot seeing as the last one was FOUR YEARS AGO O_O

I always like to innovate and change things with how I host. I was the first on this board to do a themed game, the first to use music to set atmosphere and the first to attempt different night parameters (which kinda sucked in retrospect). My games generally have a deep story side (which can be ignored if its not your thing) up to and including npc deaths and fights.

Also neutrals seem to win a lot more in my games than most, and my games (aside from XI) have pretty much all gone down to a final showdown (with arsonists generally picking up the wins).

But enough about me,

What is the Festival of Blood?

Pyre night is a historical day in New Marais' history. It takes place in New Marais every year to keep Vampires away and to celebrate the death of Bloody Mary, who was burned on a pyre by Father Ignatius. During Pyre Night, partygoers line the streets along with tents, fireworks, and balloons scattered around.
    Though this year... Something was different... Someone was different. The insurgence of Conduits, men with superhuman like abilities, made for a very different Pyre Night.

This is meant to be a Cult V Town Game with a twist.

16 Players.

Each night the Cultfia(tm) can either recruit with Mary, or Kill with the Devourer. Not both. Neither are immune to investigation or killing and will show up as Vampires to Zeke.

Converted Town become Vampires, Cultfia(tm) Citizens if you will.

Half will die with Bloody Mary. Devourer unaffected. Assuming Bloody Mary and 2 Vampires are alive (in the event of the death of the Devourer), A Vampire can be sent to kill. If Both Bloody Mary and the Devourer are dead, the remaining Vampires cannot kill, nor recruit, and must win via sole numbers.

The Cultfia(tm) can thus either play this for blood, by killing, or by stealth, via recruiting. It's up to them to read how the game is progressing and adapt accordingly.

If the Cultfia(tm) recruit Cole MacGrath, he retains his role and can kill independent of the other constraints.

Cole Does not have a limit on his kills. Though, if I were you... I would avoid Staking Humans. He cannot "Day" Kill.

Masons recruiting standard Vampires will kill them. Masons attempting to recruit the Devourer will be killed. Masons attempting to recruit Bloody Mary will become Vampires but will not be removed from Mason chat... Double Agents.

Spoiler : other options :

The Vampires can either recruit or kill, not both. Converted Town become Vampires
    Half will die with Bloody Mary. Devourer unaffected. Assuming Bloody Mary and 2 Vampires are alive (in the event of the death of the Devourer), A Vampire can be sent to kill. If Both Bloody Mary and the Devourer are dead, the remaining Vampires cannot kill, nor recruit, and must win via sole numbers.
    Cole has infinite kills.
    Nix has a single auto vest that will prevent one attack. She can ignite during the day up to twice after 6 hours have passed. Targets are not notified they are doused.
    Amnesiac cannot remember unique roles. (Cole and Zeke count as Unique for this purpose)
    Executioner's target must be Town. If his target is killed at night he will commit suicide.
    Jester gets to choose 1 person who voted them guilty to kill.
    Student has no restrictions
    Witch's targets will not know they are controlled. They can cause self target.
    Mayors votes count for 3. They can be healed. If revealed, they cannot be converted. If converted before reveal, they will become a vampire and lose this ability
    Medics and Bodyguards both prevent kills and converts. A Bodyguard will kill a mason or Bloody Mary if they are guarding someone they attempt to recruit.
    Armorsmith armor prevents killing, not recruting.
    Bus Driver can self target. Targets are not notified.
    Detectives and Lookouts can see all as there are no investigation immune targets.
    Veteran is limited to 2 fireworks sessions on the hunt
    Jailor is limited to a single execute. Hey may jail even if there is a lynch.

Spoiler : Setup 1 for 16 players :

Bloody Mary (Cult Leader)
    Devourer ("Mafioso")

Nix (Arsonist)
    (Hidden Neutral)

Cole MacGrath (Vigilante)
    Zeke Dunbar (Sheriff)
    Priest (Mason)
    (Hidden Town)
    (Hidden Town)
    (Hidden Town)
    Party Attendee (Citizen)
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee

Spoiler : Setup 2 for 20 players :

Devourer ("Mafioso")

Vampire

Nix (Arsonist)
    (Hidden Neutral)
    (Hidden Neutral)

Zeke Dunbar (Sheriff)
    Priest (Mason)
    (Hidden Town)
    (Hidden Town)
    (Hidden Town)
    Party Attendee (Citizen)
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee

Party Attendee
    Party Attendee

Random Neutral(s): Amnesiac, Executioner, Jester, Student, Witch,
    Hidden Power Town: Coroner , Mayor, Stripper, Medic, Gunsmith, Armorsmith, Bodyguard, Detective, Lookout, Bus Driver, Jailor, Veteran
    Last edited by Elixir; October 1st, 2016 at 11:39 PM.
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

2. ISO #2

Re: M-FM - The Festival of Blood Redux

Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post

Let me retell you a tale.

A tale of bloodshed, murder and deceit... That took place right in front of nearly 20000 citizens of New Marais. Yet so quietly that nearly all were oblivious to it.

Hello friends,

Elixir here, you may remember me from such FMs as New Marais, Return to New Marais and The Festival of Blood. I got nostalgic after reading some of the game threads from back then. They were very good games. I am aware that FMs have changed a lot since my time but considering how well the return to New Marais was recieved and played - I figured I'd bring this one back for another shot seeing as the last one was FOUR YEARS AGO O_O

I always like to innovate and change things with how I host. I was the first on this board to do a themed game, the first to use music to set atmosphere and the first to attempt different night parameters (which kinda sucked in retrospect). My games generally have a deep story side (which can be ignored if its not your thing) up to and including npc deaths and fights.

Also neutrals seem to win a lot more in my games than most, and my games (aside from XI) have pretty much all gone down to a final showdown (with arsonists generally picking up the wins).

But enough about me,

What is the Festival of Blood?

Pyre night is a historical day in New Marais' history. It takes place in New Marais every year to keep Vampires away and to celebrate the death of Bloody Mary, who was burned on a pyre by Father Ignatius. During Pyre Night, partygoers line the streets along with tents, fireworks, and balloons scattered around.
    Though this year... Something was different... Someone was different. The insurgence of Conduits, men with superhuman like abilities, made for a very different Pyre Night.

This is meant to be a Cult V Town Game with a twist.

16 Players.

Each night the Cultfia(tm) can either recruit with Mary, or Kill with the Devourer. Not both. Neither are immune to investigation or killing and will show up as Vampires to Zeke.

Converted Town become Vampires, Cultfia(tm) Citizens if you will.

The Cultfia(tm) can thus either play this for blood, by killing, or by stealth, via recruiting. It's up to them to read how the game is progressing and adapt accordingly.

If the Cultfia(tm) recruit Cole MacGrath, he retains his role and can kill independent of the other constraints.

Cole Does not have a limit on his kills. Though, if I were you... I would avoid Staking Humans. He cannot "Day" Kill.

Masons recruiting standard Vampires will kill them. Masons attempting to recruit the Devourer will be killed. Masons attempting to recruit Bloody Mary will become Vampires but will not be removed from Mason chat... Double Agents.

Spoiler : other options :

The Vampires can either recruit or kill, not both. Converted Town become Vampires
    Cole has infinite kills.
    Nix has a single auto vest that will prevent one attack. She can ignite during the day up to twice after 6 hours have passed. Targets are not notified they are doused.
    Amnesiac cannot remember unique roles. (Cole and Zeke count as Unique for this purpose)
    Executioner's target must be Town. If his target is killed at night he will commit suicide.
    Jester gets to choose 1 person who voted them guilty to kill.
    Student has no restrictions
    Witch's targets will not know they are controlled. They can cause self target.
    Mayors votes count for 3. They can be healed. If revealed, they cannot be converted. If converted before reveal, they will become a vampire and lose this ability
    Medics and Bodyguards both prevent kills and converts. A Bodyguard will kill a mason or Bloody Mary if they are guarding someone they attempt to recruit.
    Armorsmith armor prevents killing, not recruting.
    Bus Driver can self target. Targets are not notified.
    Detectives and Lookouts can see all as there are no investigation immune targets.
    Veteran is limited to 2 fireworks sessions on the hunt
    Jailor is limited to a single execute. Hey may jail even if there is a lynch.

Spoiler : Setup 1 for 16 players :

Devourer ("Mafioso")

Nix (Arsonist)
    (Hidden Neutral)

Zeke Dunbar (Sheriff)
    Priest (Mason)
    (Hidden Town)
    (Hidden Town)
    (Hidden Town)
    Party Attendee (Citizen)
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee

Spoiler : Setup 2 for 20 players :

Devourer ("Mafioso")

Vampire

Nix (Arsonist)
    (Hidden Neutral)
    (Hidden Neutral)

Zeke Dunbar (Sheriff)
    Priest (Mason)
    (Hidden Town)
    (Hidden Town)
    (Hidden Town)
    Party Attendee (Citizen)
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee
    Party Attendee

Party Attendee
    Party Attendee

Random Neutral(s): Amnesiac, Executioner, Jester, Student, Witch,
    Hidden Power Town: Coroner , Mayor, Stripper, Medic, Gunsmith, Armorsmith, Bodyguard, Detective, Lookout, Bus Driver, Jailor, Veteran
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

I haven't forgot about this. I'm working on a few changes before I try to enter it. ~

edit: though I can't fathom I posted this over a year ago what the hell.
    Last edited by Elixir; October 23rd, 2017 at 05:08 PM.
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    I haven't forgot about this. I'm working on a few changes before I try to enter it. ~

edit: though I can't fathom I posted this over a year ago what the hell.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓