M-FM XXX Poll Now Open!
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

M-FM XXX Poll Now Open!

M-FM XXX Poll is now open! Poll submissions will close in 2 weeks, on Sunday, September 18th!

To submit a game to the poll, please send a PM my way. You MUST attach a brief description (a few sentences) with your game to give your audience a summary of what you have planned in store. You may hype it up, but make sure you hit the main point of your game. If you fail to do that, then I will write one for you, but it will be completely objective and lacking hype.

I will edit in this post with your submissions as soon as I read it and verify that it's complete enough to be in the poll.

Please use this thread for relevant questions, suggestions, comments, and hype only.

"Rick and Morty" by Frog
    This balance-proven semi-open variant features classic roles, 1 Neutral Killer, 5 Mafia, and 15 Town. Purposeful day chat is emphasized by disallowing last wills. The Alignment Cop role featuring a randomized night zero true town peek, and the Godfather, and Neutral Killing roles featuring a night zero modifier choice allows for meaningful discussion to begin day 1. Rick and Morty themed flavor all squanching game.
    "Fringe" by SuperJack
    A 20-player game with two separate day chats with 10 players each. Lynch occurs at end of day and the player with the most votes, regardless of day, is lynched.
    "Election: 1960" by MattZed
    The year is 1960, and presidential candidates Richard M. Nixon and John F. Kennedy are in a close race for the White House. Five Factions: the Far Left, the Democrats, the Independents, the Republicans, and the Far Right, are fighting to eliminate opposing factions from the political process.

The Independents take the role of the town, opposed by rival scum factions via the Far Left and Far Right. However, the Democrats and Republicans are small cults who must choose between siding with the Independents or their respective scum factions.

Do you have what it takes to discover your allies and eliminate your enemies? Vote for Election: 1960, and find out!

FAQ:

I submitted my game for a previous poll, but I didn't win. Do I have to send you another PM to submit it?
    Yes.
    Last edited by MattZed; September 18th, 2016 at 11:37 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: M-FM XXX Poll Now Open!

I was offered a cash bribe the other day. In exchange, I was supposed to create a balanced Rick and Morty themed setup and advertise some bathroom cleaner. Of course I declined, because I am a person with high moral standards and strong willpower. Just as strong as Ajax, the super strong bathroom cleaner. Now available with scented lemon and vanilla.

This balance-proven semi-open variant features classic roles, 1 Neutral Killer, 5 Mafia, and 15 Town. Purposeful day chat is emphasized by disallowing last wills. The Alignment Cop role featuring a randomized night zero true town peek, and the Godfather, and Neutral Killing roles featuring at night zero modifier choice allows for meaningful discussion to begin day 1.

4. ISO #4

@MattZed

Can I throw in more than 1 setup suggestion?

Dont really care whether or not I host, just throwing out balanced setups.

Planning on suggesting a 2-opposing factions setup similar to C9++ two-fold in case people are against the solo neutral killer. Figure people here prefer more power roles, this ensures that across the board however they'll be somewhat limited to X-shots and faction specific actions.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    @MattZed

Can I throw in more than 1 setup suggestion?

Dont really care whether or not I host, just throwing out balanced setups.

Planning on suggesting a 2-opposing factions setup similar to C9++ two-fold in case people are against the solo neutral killer. Figure people here prefer more power roles, this ensures that across the board however they'll be somewhat limited to X-shots and faction specific actions.
    lol, keep it to one suggestion per player, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    K. Just saying... My setup is a larger, simpler adaptation of C9++ with buffs to account for more players, and changes to account for more balance based on history of this setup:
    https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B

If people want a two faction game instead of Mafia and a neutral killing, I could easily make a larger and simpler adaptation of Two-Fold C9++:
    https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?...-Fold_C9%2B%2B

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Just my two cents, but I think we need a sex themed game for M-FM "XXX"
    Lol, yes.

8. ISO #8

My two cents: I suppose it can't hurt to see how many submissions are ultimately received by the deadline, but let's not forget that we have a grand total of two right now, one of which was recycled from a previous poll -- i.e. not exactly the golden age of M-FM interest. Given the lack of submissions, can't really see the harm in letting players submit two setups if they want. If anything, that will probably reduce the chances of them hosting since their supporters might be inclined to split votes among their multiple submissions.

I understand the general principle / rule, but I'd rather support community interest in hosting games / having more choices of what to play vs. stamping that out, especially given how sleepy FM has been as of late.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    My two cents: I suppose it can't hurt to see how many submissions are ultimately received by the deadline, but let's not forget that we have a grand total of two right now, one of which was recycled from a previous poll -- i.e. not exactly the golden age of M-FM interest. Given the lack of submissions, can't really see the harm in letting players submit two setups if they want. If anything, that will probably reduce the chances of them hosting since their supporters might be inclined to split votes among their multiple submissions.

I understand the general principle / rule, but I'd rather support community interest in hosting games / having more choices of what to play vs. stamping that out, especially given how sleepy FM has been as of late.
    It's about the host just as much as it is about the players, though. A person putting 2 setups actually increases their chances of hosting, while decreasing everyone else's chance. If a host asks their friends to vote for a game, they will likely tell them which game to vote for. All the legitimate voters voting on a per-game basis will pick between the three and possibly take a vote from another setup. That could steal a vote from the second favorite game, which could be from a player who only has 1 setup in the poll.

I think it's most fair to everyone to have just 1 setup per person in the poll.

I also think that a host will put more heart and effort into their setup & hosting if they are focusing on their one game, instead of throwing 2-3 random setups in without caring if they host or not. Meanwhile, people spend hours and hours fine tuning a single setup, and multiple polls with 1 setup, only to not be given to opportunity to host.

I understand that the more setups in the poll, the more likely we will have a game that a majority wants to play; but it's just not fair to the hosts.

I'd be willing to accept multiple setups if every poll participate were to submit the same number of setups lol.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    It's about the host just as much as it is about the players, though. A person putting 2 setups actually increases their chances of hosting, while decreasing everyone else's chance. If a host asks their friends to vote for a game, they will likely tell them which game to vote for. All the legitimate voters voting on a per-game basis will pick between the three and possibly take a vote from another setup. That could steal a vote from the second favorite game, which could be from a player who only has 1 setup in the poll.

I think it's most fair to everyone to have just 1 setup per person in the poll.

I also think that a host will put more heart and effort into their setup & hosting if they are focusing on their one game, instead of throwing 2-3 random setups in without caring if they host or not. Meanwhile, people spend hours and hours fine tuning a single setup, and multiple polls with 1 setup, only to not be given to opportunity to host.

I understand that the more setups in the poll, the more likely we will have a game that a majority wants to play; but it's just not fair to the hosts.

I'd be willing to accept multiple setups if every poll participate were to submit the same number of setups lol.
    Wat?

(Are you trolling this forum?)

*edit* looking forward to your input on the setups, lmfao. Seriously, are you trolling on purpose?
    Last edited by Frog; September 11th, 2016 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Stop trolling Crypt

11. ISO #11

I don't see a problem in proposing extra setups to pick from if the people submitting them are only allowed to choose to be the locked host of one of their submissions. The extra submissions would be open for anybody else to host.

For instance, Frog throws in a C9++ suggestion in addition to his Rick & Morty setup(of which he is the locked host). The additional setup gets the majority of the votes. A new poll is made to select the person who will have the honor to host the next M-FM game, and it cannot be Frog.

Players who want to host will get a chance to host regardless, and there will be a wider array of setups to pick from.

Problem with this: It delays the M-FM because a new poll would need to be created to choose the new host. This site has bureaucratic mods, so we would have to wait until the Americans raise the minimum wage in 2017 to play the next M-FM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    DUDE, YOURE ONLY LEFT ALIVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA CHROMOSOME DO YOU NOT SEE THAT

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Never Unlucky View Post
    I don't see a problem in proposing extra setups to pick from if the people submitting them are only allowed to choose to be the locked host of one of their submissions. The extra submissions would be open for anybody else to host.

For instance, Frog throws in a C9++ suggestion in addition to his Rick & Morty setup(of which he is the locked host). The additional setup gets the majority of the votes. A new poll is made to select the person who will have the honor to host the next M-FM game, and it cannot be Frog.

Players who want to host will get a chance to host regardless, and there will be a wider array of setups to pick from.

Problem with this: It delays the M-FM because a new poll would need to be created to choose the new host. This site has bureaucratic mods, so we would have to wait until the Americans raise the minimum wage in 2017 to play the next M-FM.
    Lol. 2017! Kek.

I just wanted to present balance proven options that are varianced towards this playerbase (number and skill)

I'm gladly offering to host to allow you all to play.

After enough games, balancing and setup creation is second hand fluent.

If SJ wants to host, he can host whichever setup he wants, no matter which setup is chosen.

@SuperJack you're my boy blue!

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Wat?

(Are you trolling this forum?)

*edit* looking forward to your input on the setups, lmfao. Seriously, are you trolling on purpose?
    How is it trolling, don't be a retard.
    ps. You specifically say you don't care if you host or not. Yet, I'm sure SuperJack does care if he hosts. I think that's pretty inconsiderate
    Last edited by Cryptonic; September 11th, 2016 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Semantics

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    By that logic, we'd be playing M-FM Watermeloann. Actually, can that happen?
    Yas post it
    I'd vote

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    just want to host some crazy shit game with crazy shit mechanic cause ya know crazy is fun :P
    It reminds me of fallout FM in a way

18. ISO #18

How is it trolling, don't be a retard.
    ps. You specifically say you don't care if you host or not. Yet, I'm sure SuperJack does care if he hosts. I think that's pretty inconsiderate
    You're commenting on something you have had no interaction with and no knowledge about.

You're either trolling or teetering between insanity and mouth-breather.

Looking forward to actual content from you.

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by ModsOntheCupboard View Post
    Hey friends! Just a friendly reminder that personal attacks on members character will not be tolerated, even in circle jerk orange. Tensions may run high in certain intense forum games, but if you have an issue with a certain player please take it up with them privately instead of shaming them in the public forum. I have locked and deleted this thread.

-the mods
    Let's not call each other insane or retards :-)

20. ISO #20

K. Just saying... My setup is a larger, simpler adaptation of C9++ with buffs to account for more players, and changes to account for more balance based on history of this setup:
    https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9%2B%2B

If people want a two faction game instead of Mafia and a neutral killing, I could easily make a larger and simpler adaptation of Two-Fold C9++:
    https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?...-Fold_C9%2B%2B

Lol, yes.
    Two-Fold C9++

Sounds like a winner!

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

LMFAO -
    Brendan and Crypt negging me with troll comments:
    "Why are you back"

Take a look at the M-FM feedback I gave.

I don't see any of your feedback or interest in the setups at all other than to troll me in particular.

If abusing this little bit of power makes you feel better about yourselves, enjoy it. That's all you'll get.

I'd rather see you two be constructive and improve the site rather than actively try to kill it.

Wish you two nothing but the best.

23. ISO #23

LMFAO -
    Brendan and Crypt negging me with troll comments:
    "Why are you back"

Take a look at the M-FM feedback I gave.

I don't see any of your feedback or interest in the setups at all other than to troll me in particular.

If abusing this little bit of power makes you feel better about yourselves, enjoy it. That's all you'll get.

I'd rather see you two be constructive and improve the site rather than actively try to kill it.

Wish you two nothing but the best.
    No, you're just being a bitch when I am stating my opinion in my own section, saying i'm trolling you. Then when I ask you to stop being said bitch, you just continue on being one.
    I don't see how me saying that it's only fair if everyone has the same number of setups in the poll is trying to kill activity?? If it was as easy as giving my opinion to kill your activity, I'd be a happy camper because then I wouldn't have to read your condescending posts for no reason.

If you want to come back, come back. But stop being so fucking petty.
    We unbanned you, that's us welcoming you back. So, just stop.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Just both stop fucking talking to each other. Problem solved

And if one of you are stupid enough to reply. Grow some balls and just ignore them.
    Agreed. He should stop quoting me and sending me notifications

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    For once, I actually agree with SuperJack. You two chest-thumping is as useful as two egotistical townies fighting each other in-game.
    Yes ma'am

28. ISO #28

No, you're just being a bitch when I am stating my opinion in my own section, saying i'm trolling you. Then when I ask you to stop being said bitch, you just continue on being one.
    I don't see how me saying that it's only fair if everyone has the same number of setups in the poll is trying to kill activity?? If it was as easy as giving my opinion to kill your activity, I'd be a happy camper because then I wouldn't have to read your condescending posts for no reason.

If you want to come back, come back. But stop being so fucking petty.
    We unbanned you, that's us welcoming you back. So, just stop.
    Honestly, I was summoned back by images of a bunch of things I liked.

Some crazy voodoo or something.

I'm back, giving my feedback on all setups.

Don't need the petty negs from you guys when I'm putting in solid effort across the board here.

Just want to host/play an M-FM, this hostility is unnecessary.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    For once, I actually agree with SuperJack. You two chest-thumping is as useful as two egotistical townies fighting each other in-game.
    Sounds familiar...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    DUDE, YOURE ONLY LEFT ALIVE BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA CHROMOSOME DO YOU NOT SEE THAT

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

Frumpy the angry dolphin
    40 player setup with the following roles list

Roles List:
    Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester

Frumpy the angry dolphin

Win conditions:
    Jester: Get lynched and have Frumpy the angry dolphin lynched prior to games end
    Frumpy the angry dolphin: Survive

Overview:
    Pretty much players want to get lynched but must also set up lynching Frumpy. If they are the ones to lynch Frumpy they loose

This setup is totally untested and has MAJOR issues. But 1/2 of the players are just going to afk the game anyways so its all good.

-edit
    I will also mention that Frumpy is in fact a black man. So it is morally questionable for the town to actively try to lynch him
    Last edited by Helz; September 13th, 2016 at 03:45 AM.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    >.>

Yayap waits in the shadows to see if a balanced setup worth playing gets voted...
    Shh... my setup is joining the poll on the last day after all of the non-FM moderators get a chance to submit their feeble setups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

Shh... my setup is joining the poll on the last day after all of the non-FM moderators get a chance to submit their feeble setups.
    Can I give it a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Frumpy the angry dolphin
    40 player setup with the following roles list

Roles List:
    Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester Jester

Frumpy the angry dolphin

Win conditions:
    Jester: Get lynched and have Frumpy the angry dolphin lynched prior to games end
    Frumpy the angry dolphin: Survive

Overview:
    Pretty much players want to get lynched but must also set up lynching Frumpy. If they are the ones to lynch Frumpy they loose

This setup is totally untested and has MAJOR issues. But 1/2 of the players are just going to afk the game anyways so its all good.

-edit
    I will also mention that Frumpy is in fact a black man. So it is morally questionable for the town to actively try to lynch him
    Lmfao. This is oddly appealing. Can you submit the C-9 two-fold premise of a setup since I can't submit more than 1? :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    >.>

Yayap waits in the shadows to see if a balanced setup worth playing gets voted...
    Woop!

42. ISO #42

Lmfao. This is oddly appealing. Can you submit the C-9 two-fold premise of a setup since I can't submit more than 1? :-D
    Yeah man. Not a problem : )

Although it dashes my hopes for hosting a 39 jester game. Heh
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

43. ISO #43

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Yeah man. Not a problem : )

Although it dashes my hopes for hosting a 39 jester game. Heh
    Lol, you're right. Keep yours in.

If I understand this correctly, the dolphin has to survive mislynches. Can the dolphin kill the jesters? If he has a 1 KPN...

D1 - 40
    D2 - 38
    D3 - 36
    D4 - 34
    D5 - 32
    D6 - 30
    D7 - 28
    D8 - 26
    D9 - 24
    D10 - 22
    D11 - 20
    D12 - 18
    D13 - 16
    D14 - 14
    D15 - 12
    D16 - 10 (1/9)
    D17 - 8 (1/7)
    D18 - 6 (1/5)
    D19 - 4 MYLO (1/3)

Lol, I don't think Frumpy ever wins surviving 19 mislyncges.

*edit* with 20 players it's 9 mislynches

*edit again*
    I considered something like:
    1) Bus Drivers (targets are not notified of being bussed. BD is not notified of success)
    2) Witches (targets are not informed of being witched)
    3) Arsonists (targets are not informed of being doused. Ignite kills targets of those doused, in addition to those doused. Ignite bypasses night immunity)
    4) Jesters
    5) Survivors (1x auto bulletproof vest)
    6) Vigilantes
    7) Mafiosos
    Godfather (night immune)
    Last edited by Frog; September 13th, 2016 at 05:50 AM.

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49