S-FM Masquerade Madness (7P) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM Masquerade Madness

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    COM claiming and hunting is prohibited in M-FMs. But it still happens.

If you're not going to give the SK an advantage, consider banning posts with sentences that do not have proper grammar and spelling, emoticons, gifs, yahdah yahdah.
    No, please. Don't ban shit like that, it will suck the fun out of the game. Just pick someone skillful to be your SK, someone who doesn't mind putting an extra 10 seconds into a post to match persona.

If a Town member talks a specific way, the SK's advantage is being able to copy that and blend in. I assumed that was the entire point of the setup.

Banning COM hunting/claiming, punishable with an instant modkill, will prevent the Town from using it, or detriment them when they lose a player due to stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    No, please. Don't ban shit like that, it will suck the fun out of the game. Just pick someone skillful to be your SK, someone who doesn't mind putting an extra 10 seconds into a post to match persona.

If a Town member talks a specific way, the SK's advantage is being able to copy that and blend in. I assumed that was the entire point of the setup.

Banning COM hunting/claiming, punishable with an instant modkill, will prevent the Town from using it, or detriment them when they lose a player due to stupidity.
    Then it's a meta of who signed up to be sk you might as well have hidden signups.

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    Then it's a meta of who signed up to be sk you might as well have hidden signups.
    Well if you're doing anon accounts, makes sense to do anon sign-ups too.

Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

4. ISO #54

Yes, banning posts with emoticons/bad grammer etc is pointless, since its easy to emulate. If you become the SK, then use spell check, google if youre unsure, read back your sentences, etc. Your job is to hide, put in the effort, and if you do slip, big deal, everyone makes mistakes occasionally, its not gamebreaking if you do.

The biggest issue is still the timezones. A few solutions ive considered are the following (all have their pros and cons):

Breaking a 24hr hour day across 2 real life (48hr) days. Limiting the posting window to 12 hours a day where the timezones most comveniently overlap.

Randomising each players posting times during the day. Eg - day 1, you may post 12am-4am, 9am-12pm, 7pm-11pm. And each player having different windows that are changed daily, then nobody knows when its comvenient for anyone or what window theyre posting in.

Limit the pool of players to 1 countrty/continent (MIGHT be possible with suxh a small sfm, but im not hopeful)

Any other suggestions are good. Id imagine its not possible, but if we could remove timestamps on posts in a specific thread, that might help and let us run normal days

Monopoly of the Iced variety

5. ISO #55

Also i thought we are not allowed to pre-select who gets what role and had to be random?

Quote Originally Posted by Iced_Monopoly View Post
    Yes, banning posts with emoticons/bad grammer etc is pointless, since its easy to emulate. If you become the SK, then use spell check, google if youre unsure, read back your sentences, etc. Your job is to hide, put in the effort, and if you do slip, big deal, everyone makes mistakes occasionally, its not gamebreaking if you do.
    Agin its not about the gamebreaking aspect. its more about how a player will feel. You are also missing the part of day 1 lynch can end the game.

The biggest issue is still the timezones. A few solutions ive considered are the following (all have their pros and cons):

Breaking a 24hr hour day across 2 real life (48hr) days. Limiting the posting window to 12 hours a day where the timezones most comveniently overlap.
    Still extremely hard cus even if you do account when everyone could be on you have to accound when people are sleeping or working. so if the 12 hr comes in at a time where someone is at work they might only have 3-4 hrs at most. it still doesnt change the overall timestamp stuggle of "oh they posted in the first 3 hr but now they are not"

Randomising each players posting times during the day. Eg - day 1, you may post 12am-4am, 9am-12pm, 7pm-11pm. And each player having different windows that are changed daily, then nobody knows when its comvenient for anyone or what window theyre posting in.
    Again they just look at when someone post and when someone does not and compare. If X posted at this time and does not next time it means they are scum"

Limit the pool of players to 1 countrty/continent (MIGHT be possible with suxh a small sfm, but im not hopeful)

Any other suggestions are good. Id imagine its not possible, but if we could remove timestamps on posts in a specific thread, that might help and let us run normal days
    I doubt we have enough people form a single continent to make it work

to summarize here the big issue:
    A) timestamps are an issue
    B) game could end on day 1 due to a lynch on sk (making the mechanic itself pointless)
    C) host can not pre-select who the sk

6. ISO #56

The best fix to it IMO is to either

A) allow sk to not desguise
    B) find a way to remove the time stamps (would need admin acp)
    C) have players talk under one account and votes are sent via pm on day two onward. Day one would be all annons so you could do. And death
    Last edited by ika; November 20th, 2016 at 10:51 AM.

7. ISO #57

Also i thought we are not allowed to pre-select who gets what role and had to be random?
    The host can do whatever they want. They can random or they can "random". It can create host meta, but it's solved by anon accounts.

8. ISO #58

The best fix to it IMO is to either

A) allow sk to not desguise
    B) find a way to remove the time stamps (would need admin acp)
    C) have players talk under one account and votes are sent via pm on day two onward. Day one would be all annons so you could do. And death
    What does posting under 1 account do? If you're signing your posts, there are still time stamps. Also let's people sign with someone else's name.
    If you're not signing, no one knows who they're voting nor for what reasons.

This setup is fine.

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

What does posting under 1 account do? If you're signing your posts, there are still time stamps. Also let's people sign with someone else's name.
    If you're not signing, no one knows who they're voting nor for what reasons.

This setup is fine.
    its not all that fin IMO if somone can use an outside influence of the game to scum hunt the sk (ie timestamps) players would not havr to sign nor should they be signing. It allows sk to hide his timezone of who he took, dont forget that day 1 would be outside in their own annons so it jsut allows more cover for sk. and before you start arguing that us players do stuff like that already (ie whos on and whos not) its not the same in the sense that the sk as to not only mimic a playstlye but a posting and timezone style. its not like they can jsut afk the game

if its fine you should approve it for signups im just saying that the game is super town sided and if iced is allowed to "select" his sk this should be barred from ladders and achevments

also adding in, the host himself dislikes someone can use timezones as na idea and we are trying to find a solution to fix it. it would be nice to explain why its ok as is if you think so or give us some ideas instead of shutting it down
    Last edited by ika; November 20th, 2016 at 12:56 PM.

11. ISO #61

Any game with single scum can be ended on day 1, and it's happened before, if it happens here, then it's just bad luck.

Also any host can assign any role to any player under the guise of 'random selection', so youd have to just kill the ladder entirely. Ive hosted before and randomed, and I'll host again and random, pre meditated roles are boring, and favoritism is shit.

Monopoly of the Iced variety

12. ISO #62

Any game with single scum can be ended on day 1, and it's happened before, if it happens here, then it's just bad luck.
    I know and i am just giving you the heads up that people can be sour about that idea (both town and scum) im not saying to abloish it if you want it im jsut giving you the heads up about the pros and cons of it

Also any host can assign any role to any player under the guise of 'random selection', so youd have to just kill the ladder entirely. Ive hosted before and randomed, and I'll host again and random, pre meditated roles are boring, and favoritism is shit.
    I agree, what cryt was saying was to not "random" it and give it to a player of choice. i said if anyone is to do that they need to not count on ladder cus thats not real "random"

i understand "random" the role (ie pr or town randoms) but "randoming" what a player gets specifically in s-fm would skew the ladder and achevment format. I understand there are some games where it not "random" due to setup itself but in general it should be left to rng gods

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

Will you be able to host this soon?

@Iced_Monopoly
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

I can start signups rn
    @deathworlds
    You are approved to post anonymous signups. To seek help creating anonymous accounts, contact MattZed or Answer Hall.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

17. ISO #67

18. ISO #68

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    I think that it is way too hard for SK to win. Here is what I see happening--

Day 1: Talk about anime. No lynch.
    Day 2: Talk about the policy lynch that never happened on day one. No lynch.
    Day 3: COM hunt/COM claim. Policy lynch the person easiest to hide as.
    Day 4: Lynch the person that doesn't sound like Yukitaka Oni.

Idea: Give a randomized value to the number of days the SK stays an SK. (I'd weight it toward 1)

After a number of days, the SK's rolecard is passed to someone else.
    A wild Yuki appeared v)o.o)v........)o.o)........o.o......and....gone.. .

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~