S-FM Infiltrated
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

S-FM Infiltrated

Ready for Review
    RP
    The scene is downtown Chicago. The 76th Street Gang has successfully eliminated their rivals (or so they thought) and is closing onto complete autonomy in the area. What they don't know, however, is that one of their members is the last member of the 74th Street Gang who was sent to infiltrate the 76th Street Gang 3 years ago and he has sworn vengeance and has help from his best friend who pretends to be an upstanding civilian. Who will survive the war torn streets of Chicago?

Role List
    Mayor
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Town Random
    Mafia Random
    Mafia Random
    Mafia Random
    Mafia Random

Roles

Spoiler : Roles :
    Town
    Mayor - Can reveal during the day and instantly get 3 votes, cannot be town random, cannot be healed.

Doctor - Target someone and save them from death if attacked.

Sheriff - Determines alignment (town, 76th gang, 74th gang). The 74th mafia member appears as 76th until he reveals.

NSA Agent - Each night can pick two players and if one attacks the other (order doesn't matter) then the attacker will die instead.

Police Officer - Can detain a person and gain a night chat (even when lynch). During the night he can choose to roleblock, give night immunity, or prevent the detainee from voting the following day (each has 1 use), or nothing at all.

Copycat - Can target a player and gain their night ability and use it the following night (will not be told what it is if any). Targeting any mafia player will give 1 vigilante shot. He must target another player the following night (if the ability needs 2 targets and only 1 listed the other one will be RNG).

Citizen - Has a 1 time use vest.

Mafia
    Hacker - Targets 2 town players and if 1 visits the other then the visitor dies. (If they both visit eachother the first to submit action dies)

Kidnapper - Can detain a person and gain a night chat (even when lynch). During the night he can choose to roleblock, give night immunity, or prevent the detainee from voting the following day (each has 1 use), or nothing at all.

Consigliere - determine a player's role.

Assassin - Has a unblockable day kill, but he will die in the process.

Janitor - Cleans the target's role/lw (and gains access to lw), 2 uses.

Mafioso - No special abilities.

Feedback
    Spoiler : Feedback :
    Doctor - "Your target was attacked last night", or "Your target was not attacked last night"
    Sheriff - "Your target is town aligned", "Your target is a member of the 76th Street Gang!", or "Your target is a member of the 74th Street Gang!"
    Copycat - "You successfully copied your target's night ability", "You failed to copy your target's night ability" - comes up if target killed or is citizen, receives feedback of the role used, (vigilante shot same as mafioso feedback)
    NSA Agent - "Neither target attacked the other", or "One of your targets attempted to attack the other, but you were able to intervene and shoot the attacker"
    Police Officer - "You have placed your target under police protection" - for night immunity, "You have locked up your target overnight" - for roleblock, "You have sentenced your target to community service" - can't vote next day, "You had a nice chat with your target - none, or "You failed to jail your target" (kidnapper jailed first, or jailed yourself)
    Citizen - "You are now out of vests"
    Hacker - "Neither target visited the other", or "One of your targets visited the other and you had a biological virus waiting for him upon his arrival"
    Kidnapper - "You have placed your target under police protection" - for night immunity, "You have locked up your target overnight" - for roleblock, "You have sentenced your target to community service" - can't vote next day, "You had a nice chat with your target - none, or "You failed to kidnap your target" (police officer jailed first, or jailed yourself)
    Janitor - "You successfully sanitized your target and his last will is _____", "You successfully sanitized your target and he left no last will", or "You failed to sanitize your target" (not killed)
    Mafioso - "You snuck up on your target in the cover of night and fired your gun at your target"

Special Mechanics

The 74th street gang consists of two members, one who is given a random town role, and another who is given a random mafia role. They know who each other are, but the member with the town role does not know who the mafia members are and won't until the member with the mafia role reveals and tells him. The player with the random mafia role has access to the mafia night chat, is told who the other members of the mafia are, and is in turn revealed as a mafia (76th street gang) to the other members. The 74th street gang member with the random mafia role has a 1 shot gun that he may use at night and it will go through the following day (generally shooting another mafia member), and in the process will be revealed to the remaining mafia as a 74ther and will lose access to the night chat. Once this occurs he gains a night chat with the 74th street gang member with the random town role (if he is alive). The 74th gang will never have a night kill, but both retain their night abilities that they received at the start of the game.

Mechanics
    Days are 48 hours and nights are 24 hours.
    The mafia share a night chat and the 74th street gang gains a night chat after the mafia member reveals. (mafia = 76th street gang + 74th infiltrator until reveal)
    Last wills are allowed, publicly revealed if not sanitized by janitor.
    Lynches will be handled by the automated lynch system using [vote] tags, with a 51% hammer, all lynches are optional.
    All actions must be PM'd to me 1 hour before each cycle ends.
    Game starts at Day 1.
    Suicide will not be allowed.
    Cause of death will not be revealed.
    Roles and alignment will be revealed upon death.
    The mafia share a factional night kill.

OoO
    0) Pre Night
    a. Police Officer/Kidnapper jails (if same target first to submit action successfully jails, other doesn't)
    1) Protective/Other
    a. Hacker targets two town players (police officer target doesn't count)
    b. Vest used.
    c. Copycat takes someone's ability
    d. Heal from Doctor.
    e. NSA agent picks its 2 targets.

2) Killing
    a. mafia factional kill
    b. shot by 74th gang mafia member
    c. shot by copycat
    d. shot by hacker
    e. NSA agent shoots the attacker and saves the target

3) Investigative
    a. Sheriff investigates.
    b. Consigliere investigates.

4) Other
    a. Janitor sanitizes

Win Conditions
    Town: Have 1 or more member(s) alive with the 76th Street Gang and the 74th Street Gang eliminated.
    76th Street Gang: Have 1 or more member(s) alive with the Town and the 74th Street Gang eliminated.
    74th Street Gang: Have 1 or more member(s) alive with the Town and the 76th Street Gang eliminated. The 74th wins a tie with the town.

The Ten Commandments Rules:

1. Inactive players will be replaced or modkilled at host discretion.

2. White Bold Text shall not be used by mere mortals, this text shall be used only by me.

3. Players are not allowed to post screenshots.

4. Do not post links to other websites.

5. Videos and photos must be in spoilers.

6. Excessive insulting is not allowed.

7. Thou who edit or delete thine post shall be smited.

8. Quoting any host to player communication (excluding feedback) will result in an immediate modkill.

9. Usage of invisible ink is not allowed.

10. Communicating with players or through third parties about the game is strictly forbidden.

Shoutout to deathworlds as I sniped his format and also I would want to look for an experiences Co-Host as I am newish.
    Last edited by Spruance; August 3rd, 2016 at 07:01 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: S-FM Infiltrated

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, deathworlds is crying for having his rules stolen
    Yo Gyrlander, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Spruance has one of the best RNG games of all time…one of the best RNG games of all time!

In all seriousness, 99% of the time, RNG / probability-based events in Forum Mafia games are TERRIBLE. They should be heavily limited, if not outright eliminated from most games, unless very limited and very carefully balanced. Essentially, RNG / probability events turn a hotly contested Forum Mafia game into a bunch of coin flips / dice rolls / random.org generated numbers. With the amount you've added to this game, there is a significant chance of this game heavily turning on those events, which can be very discouraging to players who are trying very hard to win the game based on actual strategy, reads, etc. It's one thing to win or lose based on your own skill or persuasive ability -- it's another entirely to lose because the host rolled a bad number so your lead got messed up or you accidentally shot a Town member.

In any event, if it's not abundantly clear, I would recommend pulling all of the RNG / probability events as a starting point to improving this setup.
    Last edited by DarknessB; August 3rd, 2016 at 02:34 PM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Yo Gyrlander, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Spruance has one of the best RNG games of all time…one of the best RNG games of all time!

In all seriousness, 99% of the time, RNG in Forum Mafia games is TERRIBLE. It should be heavily limited, if not outright eliminated from most games, unless it's very limited and very carefully balanced. Essentially, RNG turns a hotly contested Forum Mafia game into a bunch of coin flips / dice rolls / random.org generated numbers. With the amount you've added to this game, there is a significant chance of this game heavily turning on those events, which can be very discouraging to players who are trying very hard to win the game based on actual strategy, reads, etc. It's one thing to win or lose based on your own skill or persuasive ability -- it's another entirely to lose because the host rolled a bad number so your lead got messed up or you accidentally shot a Town member.

In any event, if it's not abundantly clear, I would recommend pulling all of the RNG as a starting point to improving this setup.
    Death, yet the Town.
    ~The Town Code

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post

In all seriousness, 99% of the time, RNG / probability-based events in Forum Mafia games are TERRIBLE. They should be heavily limited, if not outright eliminated from most games, unless very limited and very carefully balanced. Essentially, RNG / probability events turn a hotly contested Forum Mafia game into a bunch of coin flips / dice rolls / random.org generated numbers. With the amount you've added to this game, there is a significant chance of this game heavily turning on those events, which can be very discouraging to players who are trying very hard to win the game based on actual strategy, reads, etc. It's one thing to win or lose based on your own skill or persuasive ability -- it's another entirely to lose because the host rolled a bad number so your lead got messed up or you accidentally shot a Town member.

In any event, if it's not abundantly clear, I would recommend pulling all of the RNG / probability events as a starting point to improving this setup.
    Alright I will remove RNG for starters.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    whats to stop the 74th from just outing all 76 members in the day thread, sure it reveals himself but the upside it has to it seems to outweigh the downside
    The 74th member with a town role doesn't know who the 76 members are, and if the 74th mafia member did that he could get night killed by the remaining mafia as he would be considered revealed and removed from the night chat. He could do that later in the game but doing it early would basically guarantee a town victory as the 74th mafia member would be killed by the remaining 76th and the 74th never gain a night kill on their own and the 74th town member would lose the tie. Also the town could just choose to lynch the 74th member who revealed to make sure he wasn't lying.

The setup forces the 74th to work with the 76th until late game.
    Last edited by Spruance; August 3rd, 2016 at 06:02 PM.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

the op does not have who wins ties if they do not win 1v1 (which 74th should win cus they have no nk to begin with) then i can understand. but otherwise its best play to claim and removed them and try to make it basicly nightless
    But if you claim early then you will be lynched because 74th does not with with town... But I agree 74th should win 1v1s

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Spruance View Post
    But if you claim early then you will be lynched because 74th does not with with town... But I agree 74th should win 1v1s
    but what im saying with this is that 74th gets lycnhed, entire mafia scum team gets lycnhed then and you cna use the one shot on town while mafia eliminates the rest (yes then can forsaken nk and let town stomp but thats gamethrowing)

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

i guess my point is this if im not clear

74 mafia is up for lynch, he goes "im 74th mafia heres all the 76th mafia". gets lynched and 76th cant win

i would make a rule that 74th can reveal 72 and instead that they join at a predetermined time
    You mean the 74th mafia member can't reveal the 76th gang members until he fires his shot and formally becomes excluded from the night chat? That could work. Is that what you mean?

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

what i meant is that he can not go in day chat and say "74th are XYZ" (nor can anyone to clear themselfs)
    I think to counter that the mafia should be able to vote to lynch one of their members at night as if you suspect somebody is the rat then they can take matters in their own hands. Also the 74th could try to pin it on someone else before he uses his gun. But I won't restrict any day chat.