Replacement Policy
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Replacement Policy

In light of recent events, there will be a new condition regarding replacements. Players without a real life emergency who wish to replace out should either warn the host at least 24 hours ahead of time, or present an available substitute to the host. Quitting a game outside of an emergency is unfair to everyone else who put time and effort into the game.
    Last edited by MattZed; July 14th, 2016 at 11:38 PM.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Replacement Policy

What If A Player has a suspiciously high amount [or coincidentally only in the games they dislike] of real life emergencies?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Lynching paladin is like picking out the biggest guy in prison and trying to beat him up because he looks the toughest.He is the most townie person here and its really silly he [has a train on him], given the level of stupid on this wagon, should I be even surprised?

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaladin View Post
    What If A Player has a suspiciously high amount [or coincidentally only in the games they dislike] of real life emergencies?
    Then they should stop playing FM

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Punishments for whinerbringers rage quitters?
    They count as a less severe offense of Griefing (2-5 points of infractions). For cases that severely impact a game, a game ban will be imposed.

There won't be retroactive punishments, but since you're referencing Firebringer, I saw he's only replaced out once out of the last ten games he's played. Thus, I'm content with this being a warning.

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

8. ISO #8

If excessive, a game ban will be imposed, but no infractions unless I can prove that the player is lying. Lying about emergencies is an obvious exploit since it's so hard to prove, and I don't want to risk infracting an innocent player.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    Can we extend this to enforce instant mod kills on people who solely troll post. Ex. Richard Dawkins from charmander revenge 2.

Will provide more examples in a few days, but it really is obnoxious.
    Unless bound by a previous ruling, forced replacements/modkills are handled by the host.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I reference whinerbringer since he has a history of doing this.

I am content with that answer though.
    I have replaced out of a total of 2 games on Sc2mafia.
    With over probably 30 games played here.

If you think this is a long history, so be it.
    I am not playing games anyways on here as long as you continue to play, so you have zero worries.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

12. ISO #12

When I sign up for a game I'm essentially signing up a contract that I should play the game and maintain an adequate amount of activity.
    By voiding the contract I would ruin trust and credibility among my future contract holders.

I am not playing games anyways on here as long as you continue to play, so you have zero worries.

What.

13. ISO #13

Have we ever tried a system where we rank some SFMs based on sweat, so the sweaty players who want a sweaty experience sometimes can go to a dedicated sweaty corner, where they can huddle close with other master-race sweaty players that have been designated as "sweaty enough not to rage-replace/go inactive" (I'm not talking about FMs / MFMs because they're too big and too infrequent)?

And the inactive players that like to sign up for things rather than play them can have sometimes have a dedicated "lurkers allowed" zone, where the setup itself is designed to cater for lurkers/shitposters?

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Have we ever tried a system where we rank some SFMs based on sweat, so the sweaty players who want a sweaty experience sometimes can go to a dedicated sweaty corner, where they can huddle close with other master-race sweaty players that have been designated as "sweaty enough not to rage-replace/go inactive" (I'm not talking about FMs / MFMs because they're too big and too infrequent)?

And the inactive players that like to sign up for things rather than play them can have sometimes have a dedicated "lurkers allowed" zone, where the setup itself is designed to cater for lurkers/shitposters?
    Wouldn't that just cause people to lurk in those games since you are explicitly saying HEY GUYS LURK?

Lynching paladin is like picking out the biggest guy in prison and trying to beat him up because he looks the toughest.He is the most townie person here and its really silly he [has a train on him], given the level of stupid on this wagon, should I be even surprised?

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Yes, if they can.

Design a setup where people have to reach out to others or they are punished by the mechanics.

And the lurkers can lurk all they want to lurk ;)

That's basically every setup if you are town.

18. ISO #18

That's basically every setup if you are town.
    Yes and no.

It is beneficial to you to reach out to others as town.

But there's this little thing called "collective responsibility". It's that lazy feeling that makes you shrug your shoulders and say "pff, I'm doing enough. I'll let someone else do it. If we lose, I'm not the only one to blame."

I was talking about punishments with individual responsibility. In other words, if you don't look for someone, or find someone, you and only you get punished, not a collective. I wasn't necessarily referring to a psychology game with teams.
    Last edited by yzb25; July 16th, 2016 at 07:34 AM. Reason: "and only you"