7 of my friends changed gender today - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 360
  1. #121

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    People who have the drive and determination + skills will excel.. it does not matter their gender. I personally know hundreds of females that have gotten promotions to CFO/Vice president positions over equally skilled males. They chose to put in the time and effort, and they rose to the top, simple as that.
    Anecdotal.

    I think Duck is trying to commit every fallacy there is.
    When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.

  2. #122

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Until modern times, it was considered absurd for a woman to have power over a man, no matter her skills. While the paradigm has certainly shifted, it is still a ways away from being accepted by everyone.
    In a lot of modern culture this is still the case. Mormons for example consider the male to be the head of the household and the leader, and a woman's "role" is to care for children and the home.

    Its no surprise to me that Utah, where the LDS church has a firm grip on the state government and Mormon culture affects everyone, has the second highest wage gap between men and women in the nation.
    When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.

  3. #123

  4. #124

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Yeah this guy is a retarded shitlord and idk why anyone is bothering to even talk with him at this point. Just cite a bunch of opinions as if they are fact when they're not.

    This is your average Trump supporter. Retarded by choice.
    AFAIK you have yet to provide any of your citations stating otherwise? If you post sources countering my claims, I will gladly post my real sources and not go off my experiences. You are still unwilling and unable to refute the question of why is every company not purely women then?

    What about trump's policies do you not like? I think I saw you ranting about him being a bigot? or something along those lines, can you explain to me other than those points.

  5. #125

  6. #126

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Yeah this guy is a retarded shitlord and idk why anyone is bothering to even talk with him at this point. Just cite a bunch of opinions as if they are fact when they're not.

    This is your average Trump supporter. Retarded by choice.
    Vote 4 Trump ^)o.o)> v(o.o(v make murica great again!


    v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

  7. #127

  8. #128

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatalis View Post
    I never meant to offend anyone and I am really sorry if I did. I just stated my opinion on the matter.
    Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.
    When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.

  9. #129

  10. #130

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    No need to be sorry, I doubt anybody would be offended by what you said.
    No one would be offended by saying LGBT is a mental illness and the community members deserve no support? lol

    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

  11. #131

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    No one would be offended by saying LGBT is a mental illness and the community members deserve no support? lol
    Is that what he said? For some reason I thought he was the one who posted that suicide rates are higher, and that we should focus on treatment and not accepting it. Either way people should not be offended.

  12. #132

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    Is that what he said? For some reason I thought he was the one who posted that suicide rates are higher, and that we should focus on treatment and not accepting it. Either way people should not be offended.
    Saying that you have a mental illness which isnt classified as such by the APA isnt something youd be offended by...[note this statement was/is in reference to Homosexuality]

    Last edited by ThePaladin; July 2nd, 2016 at 09:28 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Lynching paladin is like picking out the biggest guy in prison and trying to beat him up because he looks the toughest.He is the most townie person here and its really silly he [has a train on him], given the level of stupid on this wagon, should I be even surprised?


  13. #133

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    I'm pretty sure that no one in this thread has said that homosexuality is a mental illness. Either I missed a post, or you retards are talking shit. If you guys are referring to me, I never said that homosexuality was a mental illness. I said that transexuals have a mental illness.

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Nice personal incredulity fallacy.

    You should ask someone who is transgender BTW. Or you know, read their experiences and use empathy instead of being a retarded bigot.
    Nice ad hominem, retard.

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    For transgendered people, they know when their body isn't right. Many examples are boys who identify as girls not wanting to be called their boy name, wanting girl toys, liking girl colors, not understanding the traditional male roles in society or feeling incongruent with them. Like being gay, trans people don't have the words when they're younger, but once they're able to understand what they're feeling, they are able to understand what they're feeling is the wrong gender. If you really want to know, it's better you hear from a trans person. Watch this video, if not the whole thing, watch from 1:30 to 1:45. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5FviqVGtOE
    We shouldn't help gender identity disorder patients by allowing them to have sex changes and the sort. That would be the equivalent of allowing schizophrenics to do whatever they want because they believe they're Obama or some shit. Shouldn't we be looking for ways to help these people get with the norm?

    Some trannies that undergo sex change may be satisfied with the results, but some experience depression and anxiety because they have to take hormones or undergo surgery. They feel that it's not "natural". Of course this may be a case-by-case basis, but what I'm trying to say is that even if society "accepts" them, they will still be prone to depression, mood swings, etc. because of the hormones in their body. Now I'm not an expert, but it sounds like there should be a better way to help transexuals rather than patting them on the back and let them freak out society.
    Spoiler : Forum Mafia :

    FM VI: Ash (Sinner) FM VII: Glen (Drug Dealer) FM VIII: Liane (Vigilante) FM IX: Andrei (Reserved Proletarian) FM X: fm Deathfire123 (Modkilled Blacksmith) FM XI: Corki (Citizen) FM XIII: Phoebe (Bodyguard) FM XIV: Helena (Grave Robber) FM XV: FM Pikachu (Mayor) FM XVI: FM Master Chef (Escort)

  14. #134

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    No one would be offended by saying LGBT is a mental illness and the community members deserve no support? lol
    I don't know what he said but to my knowledge, gender dysphoria is a mental illness.
    Spoiler : Forum Mafia :

    FM VI: Ash (Sinner) FM VII: Glen (Drug Dealer) FM VIII: Liane (Vigilante) FM IX: Andrei (Reserved Proletarian) FM X: fm Deathfire123 (Modkilled Blacksmith) FM XI: Corki (Citizen) FM XIII: Phoebe (Bodyguard) FM XIV: Helena (Grave Robber) FM XV: FM Pikachu (Mayor) FM XVI: FM Master Chef (Escort)

  15. #135

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I don't know what he said but to my knowledge, gender dysphoria is a mental illness.
    http://psy-gradaran.narod.ru/lib/clinical/DSM5.pdf

    According to the DSM V* put forth by the American Psychiatric Association(the largest psychiatric organization in the world composed of both American and International members)
    [The DSM is the standard guide used worldwide to diagnose psychiatric conditions and their possible treatments and recommendations.]**


    Technically, Ash's statement is correct.

    See Page 452[page 486pdf]

    Spoiler : Gender Dysphoria :

    Gender DysphoriaDiagnostic CriteriaGender Dysphoria in Children 302.6 (F64.2)A. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assignedgender, of at least 6 months’ duration, as manifested by at least six of the following(one of which must be Criterion A1):1. A strong desire to be of the other gender or an insistence that one is the other gender(or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).2. In boys (assigned gender), a strong preference for cross-dressing or simulating femaleattire: or in girls (assigned gender), a strong preference for wearing only typicalmasculine clothing and a strong resistance to the wearing of typical feminineclothing.3. A strong preference for cross-gender roles in make-believe play or fantasy play.4. A strong preference for the toys, games, or activities stereotypically used or engagedin by the other gender.5. A strong preference for playmates of the other gender.6. In boys (assigned gender), a strong rejection of typically masculine toys, games,and activities and a strong avoidance of rough-and-tumble play; or in girls (assignedgender), a strong rejection of typically feminine toys, games, and activities.7. A strong dislike of one’s sexual anatomy.8. A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics that matchone’s experienced gender.B. The condition is associated with clinically significant distress or impairment in social,school, or other important areas of functioning.Specify if;With a disorder of sex development (e.g., a congenital adrenogenital disorder suchas 255.2 [E25.0] congenital adrenal hyperplasia or 259.50 [E34.50] androgen insensitivitysyndrome).Coding note: Code the disorder of sex development as well as gender dysphoria.Gender Dysphoria in Adolescents and Adults 302.85 (F64.1 )A. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assignedgender, of at least 6 months’ duration, as manifested by at least two of the following:1. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and primaryand/or secondary sex characteristics (or in young adolescents, the anticipatedsecondary sex characteristics).2. A strong desire to be rid of one’s primary and/or secondary sex characteristics becauseof a marked incongruence with one’s experienced/expressed gender (or inyoung adolescents, a desire to prevent the development of the anticipated secondarysex characteristics).3. A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the othergender.4. A strong desire to be of the other gender (or some alternative gender different fromone’s assigned gender).5. A strong desire to be treated as the other gender (or some alternative gender differentfrom one’s assigned gender).6. A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender(or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).B. The condition is associated with clinically significant distress or impairment in social,occupationali^or other important areas of functioning.Specify if:With a disorder of sex development (e.g., a congenital adrenogenital disorder suchas 255.2 [E25.0] congenital adrenal hyperplasia or 259.50 [E34.50] androgen insensitivitysyndrome).Coding note: Code the disorder of sex development as well as gender dysphoria.Specify if:Posttransttion: The individual has transitioned to full-time living in the desired gender(with or without legalization of gender change) and has undergone (or is preparing tohave) at least one cross-sex medical procedure or treatment regimen—namely, regularcross-sex hormone treatment or gender reassignment surgery confirming the desiredgender (e.g., penectomy, vaginoplasty in a natal male; mastectomy or phalloplasty ina natal female).SpecifiersThe posttransition specifier may be used in the context of continuing treatment proceduresthat serve to support the new gender assignment.Diagnostic FeaturesIndividuals with gender dysphoria have a marked incongruence between the gender theyhave been assigned to (usually at birth, referred to as natal gender) and their experienced/expressed gender. This discrepancy is the core component of the diagnosis. There mustalso be evidence of distress about this incongruence. Experienced gender may include alternativegender identities beyond binary stereotypes. Consequently, the distress is notlimited to a desire to simply be of the other gender, but may include a desire to be of an alternativegender, provided that it differs from the individual's assigned gender.Gender dysphoria manifests itself differently in different age groups. Prepubertal natalgirls with gender dysphoria may express the wish to be a boy, assert they are a boy, or assertthey will grow up to be a man. They prefer boys' clothing and hairstyles, are oftenperceived by strangers as boys, and may ask to be called by a boy's name. Usually, they displayintense negative reactions to parental attempts to have them wear dresses or otherfeminine attire. Some may refuse to attend school or social events where such clothes arerequired. These girls may demonstrate marked cross-gender identification in role-playing,dreams, and fantasies. Contact sports, rough-and-tumble play, traditional boyhood games,and boys as playmates are most often preferred. They show little interest in stereotypicallyfeminine toys (e.g., dolls) or activities (e.g., feminine dress-up or role-play). Occasionally,they refuse to urinate in a sitting position. Some natal girls may express a desire to have apenis or claim to have a penis or that they will grow one when older. They may also state thatthey do not want to develop breasts or menstruate.Prepubertal natal boys with gender dysphoria may express the wish to be a girl or assertthey are a girl or that they will grow up to be a woman. They have a preference fordressing in girls' or women's clothes or may improvise clothing from available materials(e.g., using towels, aprons, and scarves for long hair or skirts). These children may roleplayfemale figures (e.g., playing "mother") and often are intensely interested in femalefantasy figures. Traditional feminine activities, stereotypical games, and pastimes (e.g.,"playing house"; drawing feminine pictures; watching television or videos of favorite femalecharacters) are most often preferred. Stereotypical female-type dolls (e.g.. Barbie) areoften favorite toys, and girls are their preferred playmates. They avoid rough-and-tumbleplay and competitive sports and have little interest in stereotypically masculine toys (e.g.,cars, trucks). Some may pretend not to have a penis and insist on sitting to urinate. Morerarely, they may state that they find their penis or testes disgusting, that they wish them removed,or that they have, or wish to have, a vagina.In young adolescents with gender dysphoria, clinical features may resemble those ofchildren or adults with the condition, depending on developmental level. As secondarysex characteristics of young adolescents are not yet fully developed, these individuals maynot state dislike of them, but they are concerned about imminent physical changes.In adults with gender dysphoria, the discrepancy between experienced gender andphysical sex characteristics is often, but not always, accompanied by a desire to be rid ofprimary and/or secondary sex characteristics and/or a strong desire to acquire some primaryand/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender. To varying degrees, adultswith gender dysphoria may adopt the behavior, clothing, and mannerisms of the experiencedgender. They feel uncomfortable being regarded by others, or functioning in society,as members of their assigned gender. Some adults may have a strong desire to be of adifferent gender and treated as such, and they may have an inner certainty to feel and respondas the experienced gender without seeking medical treatment to alter body characteristics.They may find other ways to resolve the incongruence between experienced/expressed and assigned gender by partially living in the desired role or by adopting a genderrole neither conventionally male nor conventionally female.Associated Features Supporting DiagnosisWhen visible signs of puberty develop, natal boys may shave their legs at the first signs ofhair growth. They sometimes bind their genitals to make erections less visible. Girls maybind their breasts, walk with a stoop, or use loose sweaters to make breasts less visible. Increasingly,adolescents request, or may obtain without medical prescription and supervision,hormonal suppressors ("blockers") of gonadal steroids (e.g., gonadotropin-releasinghormone [GnRH] analog, spironolactone). Clinically referred adolescents often want hormonetreatment and many also wish for gender reassignment surgery. Adolescents living inan accepting environment may openly express the desire to be and be treated as the experiencedgender and dress partly or completely as the experienced gender, have a hairstyle typicalof the experienced gender, preferentially seek friendships with peers of the other gender,and/or adopt a new first name consistent with the experienced gender. Older adolescents,when sexually active, usually do not show or allow partners to touch their sexual organs. Foradults with an aversion toward their genitals, sexual activity is constrained by the preferencethat their genitals not be seen or touched by their partners. Some adults may seek hormonetreatment (sometimes without medical prescription and supervision) and gender reassignmentsurgery. Others are satisfied with either hormone treatment or surgery alone.Adolescents and adults with gender dysphoria before gender reassignment are at increasedrisk for suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, and suicides. After gender reassignment,adjustment may vary, and suicide risk may persist.PrevaienceFor natal adult males, prevalence ranges from 0.005% to 0.014%, and for natal females,from 0.002% to 0.003%. Since not all adults seeking hormone treatment and surgical reassignmentattend specialty clinics, these rates are likely modest underestimates. Sex differencesin rate of referrals to specialty clinics vary by age group. In children, sex ratios ofnatal boys to girls range from 2:1 to 4.5:1. In adolescents, the sex ratio is close to parity; inadults, the sex ratio favors natal males, with ratios ranging from 1:1 to 6.1:1. In two countries,the sex ratio appears to favor natal females (Japan: 2.2:1; Poland: 3.4:1).Development and CourseBecause expression of gender dysphoria varies with age, there are separate criteria sets forchildren versus adolescents and adults. Criteria for children are defined in a more con-crete, behavioral manner than those for adolescents and adults. Many of the core criteriadraw on well-dofumented behavioral gender differences between typically developingboys and girls. Young children are less likely than older children, adolescents, and adultsto express extreme and persistent anatomic dysphoria. In adolescents and adults, incongruencebetween experienced gender and somatic sex is a central feature of the diagnosis.Factors related to distress and impairment also vary with age. A very young child mayshow signs of distress (e.g., intense crying) only when parents tell the child that he or sheis "really" not a member of the other gender but only "desires" to be. Distress may not bemanifest in social environments supportive of the child's desire to live in the role of theother gender and may emerge only if the desire is interfered with. In adolescents andadults, distress may manifest because of strong incongruence between experienced genderand somatic sex. Such distress may, however, be mitigated by supportive environments andknowledge that biomedical treatments exist to reduce incongruence. Impairment (e.g.,school refusal, development of depression, anxiety, and substance abuse) may be a consequenceof gender dysphoria.Gender dysphoria without a disorder of sex development. For clinic-referred children,onset of cross-gender behaviors is usually between ages 2 and 4 years. This corresponds tothe developmental time period in which most typically developing children begin expressinggendered behaviors and interests. For some preschool-age children, both pervasivecross-gender behaviors and the expressed desire to be the other gender may bepresent, or, more rarely, labeling oneself as a member of the other gender may occur. Insome cases, the expressed desire to be the other gender appears later, usually at entry intoelementary school. A small minority of children express discomfort with their sexual anatomyor will state the desire to have a sexual anatomy corresponding to the experiencedgender ("anatomic dysphoria"). Expressions of anatomic dysphoria become more commonas children with gender dysphoria approach and anticipate puberty.Rates of persistence of gender dysphoria from childhood into adolescence or adulthoodvary. In natal males, persistence has ranged from 2.2% to 30%. In natal females, persistencehas ranged from 12% to 50%. Persistence of gender dysphoria is modestly correlated withdimensional measures of severity ascertained at the time of a childhood baseline assessment.In one sample of natal males, lower socioeconomic background was also modestlycorrelated with persistence. It is unclear if particular therapeutic approaches to genderdysphoria in children are related to rates of long-term persistence. Extant follow-up samplesconsisted of children receiving no formal therapeutic intervention or receiving therapeuticinterventions of various types, ranging from active efforts to reduce genderdysphoria to a more neutral, "watchful waiting" approach. It is unclear if children "encouraged"or supported to live socially in the desired gender will show higher rates of persistence,since such children have not yet been followed longitudinally in a systematicmanner. For both natal male and female children showing persistence, almost all aresexually attracted to individuals of their natal sex. For natal male children whose genderdysphoria does not persist, the majority are androphilic (sexually attracted to males) and oftenself-identify as gay or homosexual (ranging from 63% to 100%). In natal female childrenwhose gender dysphoria does not persist, the percentage who are gynephilic (sexuallyattracted to females) and self-identify as lesbian is lower (ranging from 32% to 50%).In both adolescent and adult natal males, there are two broad trajectories for developmentof gender dysphoria: early onset and late onset. Early-onset gender dysphoria starts inchildhood and continues into adolescence and adulthood; or, there is an intermittent periodin which the gender dysphoria desists and these individuals self-identify as gay or homosexual,followed by recurrence of gender dysphoria. Late-onset gender dysphoria occursaround puberty or much later in life. Some of these individuals report having had a desireto be of the other gender in childhood that was not expressed verbally to others. Others donot recall any signs of childhood gender dysphoria. For adolescent males with late-onsetgender dysphoria, parents often report surprise because they did not see signs of genderdysphoria during childhood. Expressions of anatomic dysphoria are more common andsalient in adolescents and adults once secondary sex characteristics have developed.Adolescent and adult natal males with early-onset gender dysphoria are almost alwayssexually attracted to men (androphilic). Adolescents and adults with late-onset genderdysphoria frequently engage in transvestic behavior with sexual excitement. Themajority of these individuals are gynephilic or sexually attracted to other posttransitionnatal males with late-onset gender dysphoria. A substantial percentage of adult maleswith late-onset gender dysphoria cohabit with or are married to natal females. After gendertransition, many self-identify as lesbian. Among adult natal males with gender dysphoria,the early-onset group seeks out clinical care for hormone treatment and reassignmentsurgery at an earlier age than does the late-onset group. The late-onset group may have morefluctuations in the degree of gender dysphoria and be more ambivalent about and lesslikely satisfied after gender reassignment surgery.In both adolescent and adult natal females, the most common course is the early-onsetform of gender dysphoria. The late-onset form is much less common in natal females comparedwith natal males. As in natal males with gender dysphoria, there may have been aperiod in which the gender dysphoria desisted and these individuals self-identified as lesbian;however, with recurrence of gender dysphoria, clinical consultation is sought, oftenwith the desire for hormone treatment and reassignment surgery. Parents of natal adolescentfemales with the late-onset form also report surprise, as no signs of childhood genderdysphoria were evident. Expressions of anatomic dysphoria are much more common andsalient in adolescents and adults than in children.Adolescent and adult natal females with early-onset gender dysphoria are almostalways gynephilic. Adolescents and adults with the late-onset form of gender dysphoriaare usually androphilic and after gender transition self-identify as gay men. Natal femaleswith the late-onset form do not have co-occurring transvestic behavior with sexual excitement.Gender dysphoria in association with a disorder of sex development. Most individualswith a disorder of sex development who develop gender dysphoria have already come tomedical attention at an early age. For many, starting at birth, issues of gender assignmentwere raised by physicians and parents. Moreover, as infertility is quite common for thisgroup, physicians are more willing to perform cross-sex hormone treatments and genitalsurgery before adulthood.Disorders of sex development in general are frequently associated with gender-atypicalbehavior starting in early childhood. However, in the majority of cases, this does notlead to gender dysphoria. As individuals with a disorder of sex development becomeaware of their medical history and condition, many experience uncertainty about theirgender, as opposed to developing a firm conviction that they are another gender. However,most do not progress to gender transition. Gender dysphoria and gender transitionmay vary considerably as a function of a disorder of sex development, its severity, and assignedgender.Risk and Prognostic FactorsTemperamental. For individuals with gender dysphoria without a disorder of sex development,atypical gender behavior among individuals with early-onset gender dysphoriadevelops in early preschool age, and it is possible that a high degree of atypicalitymakes the development of gender dysphoria and its persistence into adolescence andadulthood more likely.Environmental. Among individuals with gender dysphoria without a disorder of sex development,males with gender dysphoria (in both childhood and adolescence) more commonlyhave older brothers than do males without the condition. Additional predisposingfactors under consideration, especially in individuals with late-onset gender dysphoria (adolescence,adulthpod), include habitual fetishistic transvestism developing into autogynephilia(i.e., sexual arousal associated with the thought or image of oneself as a woman) andother forms of more general social, psychological, or developmental problems.Genetic and physiological. For individuals with gender dysphoria without a disorder ofsex development, some genetic contribution is suggested by evidence for (weak) familialityof transsexualism among nontwin siblings, increased concordance for transsexualismin monozygotic compared with dizygotic same-sex twins, and some degree of heritabilityof gender dysphoria. As to endocrine findings, no endogenous systemic abnormalities insex-hormone levels have been found in 46,XY individuals, whereas there appear to be increasedandrogen levels (in the range found in hirsute women but far below normal malelevels) in 46,XX individuals. Overall, current evidence is insufficient to label gender dysphoriawithout a disorder of sex development as a form of intersexuality limited to the centralnervous system.In gender dysphoria associated with a disorder of sex development, the likelihood oflater gender dysphoria is increased if prenatal production and utilization (via receptorsensitivity) of androgens are grossly atypical relative to what is usually seen in individualswith the same assigned gender. Examples include 46,XY individuals with a history of normalmale prenatal hormone milieu but inborn nonhormonal genital defects (as in cloacalbladder exstrophy or penile agenesis) and who have been assigned to the female gender.The likelihood of gender dysphoria is further enhanced by additional, prolonged, highlygender-atypical postnatal androgen exposure with somatic virilization as may occur in female-raisedand noncastrated 46,XY individuals with 5-alpha reductase-2 deficiency or17-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase-3 deficiency or in female-raised 46,XX individualswith classical congenital adrenal hyperplasia with prolonged periods of non-adherence toglucocorticoid replacement therapy. However, the prenatal androgen milieu is moreclosely related to gendered behavior than to gender identity. Many individuals with disordersof sex development and markedly gender-atypical behavior do not develop genderdysphoria. Thus, gender-atypical behavior by itself should not be inteφreted as an indicatorof current or future gender dysphoria. There appears to be a higher rate of genderdysphoria and patient-initiated gender change from assigned female to male than from assignedmale to female in 46,XY individuals with a disorder of sex development.Culture-Related Diagnostic issuesIndividuals with gender dysphoria have been reported across many countries and cultures.The equivalent of gender dysphoria has also been reported in individuals living incultures with institutionalized gender categories other than male or female. It is unclearwhether with these individuals the diagnostic criteria for gender dysphoria would be met.Diagnostic iVlaricersIndividuals with a somatic disorder of sex development show some correlation of finalgender identity outcome with the degree of prenatal androgen production and utilization.However, the correlation is not robust enough for the biological factor, where ascertainable,to replace a detailed and comprehensive diagnostic interview evaluation for genderdysphoria.Functional Consequences of Gender DysphoriaPreoccupation with cross-gender wishes may develop at all ages after the first 2-3 years ofchildhood and often interfere with daily activities. In older children, failure to developage-typical same-sex peer relationships and skills may lead to isolation from peer groupsand to distress. Some children may refuse to attend school because of teasing and harass-ment or pressure to dress in attire associated with their assigned sex. Also in adolescentsand adults, preoccupation with cross-gender wishes often interferes with daily activities.Relationship difficulties, including sexual relationship problems, are common, and functioningat school or at work may be impaired. Gender dysphoria, along with atypicalgender expression, is associated with high levels of stigmatization, discrimination, andvictimization, leading to negative self-concept, increased rates of mental disorder comorbidity,school dropout, and economic marginalization, including unemployment, with attendantsocial and mental health risks, especially in individuals from resource-poor familybackgrounds. In addition, these individuals' access to health services and mental healthservices may be impeded by structural barriers, such as institutional discomfort or inexperiencein working with this patient population.Differential DiagnosisNonconfonnity to gender roles. Gender dysphoria should be distinguished from simplenonconformity to stereotypical gender role behavior by the strong desire to be of anothergender than the assigned one and by the extent and pervasiveness of gender-variantactivities and interests. The diagnosis is not meant to merely describe nonconformity tostereotypical gender role behavior (e.g., "tomboyism" in girls, "girly-boy" behavior inboys, occasional cross-dressing in adult men). Given the increased openness of atypicalgender expressions by individuals across the entire range of the transgender spectrum, itis important that the clinical diagnosis be limited to those individuals whose distress andimpairment meet the specified criteria.Transvestic disorder. Transvestic disorder occurs in heterosexual (or bisexual) adolescentand adult males (rarely in females) for whom cross-dressing behavior generates sexualexcitement and causes distress and/or impairment without drawing their primarygender into question. It is occasionally accompanied by gender dysphoria. An individualwith transvestic disorder who also has clinically significant gender dysphoria can be givenboth diagnoses. In many cases of late-onset gender dysphoria in gynephilic natal males,transvestic behavior with sexual excitement is a precursor.Body dysmoφhic disorder. An individual with body dysmorphic disorder focuses onthe alteration or removal of a specific body part because it is perceived as abnormally formed,not because it represents a repudiated assigned gender. When an individual's presentationmeets criteria for both gender dysphoria and body dysmorphic disorder, both diagnosescan be given. Individuals wishing to have a healthy limb amputated (termed bysome body integrity identity disorder) because it makes them feel more "complete" usuallydo not wish to change gender, but rather desire to live as an amputee or a disabled person.Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders. In schizophrenia, there may rarely bedelusions of belonging to some other gender. In the absence of psychotic symptoms, insistenceby an individual with gender dysphoria that he or she is of some other gender isnot considered a delusion. Schizophrenia (or other psychotic disorders) and gender dysphoriamay co-occur.Other clinical presentations. Some individuals with an emasculinization desire whodevelop an alternative, nonmale/nonfemale gender identity do have a presentation thatmeets criteria for gender dysphoria. However, some males seek castration and/or penectomyfor aesthetic reasons or to remove psychological effects of androgens without changingmale identity; in these cases, the criteria for gender dysphoria are not met.ComorbidityClinically referred children with gender dysphoria show elevated levels of emotional andbehavioral problems—most commonly, anxiety, disruptive and impulse-control, and de-pressive disorders. In prepubertal children, increasing age is associated with having morebehavioral or emotional problems; this is related to the increasing non-acceptance of gender-variantbehavior by others. In older children, gender-variant behavior often leads topeer ostracism, which may lead to more behavioral problems. The prevalence of mentalhealth problems differs among cultures; these differences may also be related to differencesin attitudes toward gender variance in children. However, also in some non-Westem cultures,anxiety has been found to be relatively common in individuals with gender dysphoria,even in cultures with accepting attitudes toward gender-variant behavior. Autism spectrumdisorder is more prevalent in clinically referred children with gender dysphoria thanin the general population. Clinically referred adolescents with gender dysphoria appear tohave comorbid mental disorders, with anxiety and depressive disorders being the mostcommon. As in children, autism spectrum disorder is more prevalent in clinically referredadolescents with gender dysphoria than in the general population. Clinically referredadults with gender dysphoria may have coexisting mental health problems, most commonlyanxiety and depressive disorders.Other Specified Gender Dysphoria302.6 (F64.This category applies to presentations in which symptoms characteristic of gender dysphoriathat cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or otherimportant areas of functioning predominate but do not meet the full criteria for gender dysphoria.The other specified gender dysphoria category is used in situations in which theclinician chooses to communicate the specific reason that the presentation does not meetthe criteria for gender dysphoria. This is done by recording “other specified gender dysphoria”followed by the specific reason (e.g., “brief gender dysphoria”).An example of a presentation that can be specified using the “other specified” designationis the following:The current disturbance meets symptom criteria for gender dysphoria, but theduration is iess than 6 months.Unspecified Gender Dysphoria302.6 (F64.9)This category applies to presentations in which symptoms characteristic of gender dysphoriathat cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or otherimportant areas of functioning predominate but do not meet the full criteria for genderdysphoria. The unspecified gender dysphoria category is used in situations in which theclinician chooses not to specify the reason that the criteria are not met for gender dysphoria,and includes presentations in which there is insufficient information to make a morespecific diagnosis.




    Whelp that copypastaed thorribly. Read the actual pdf if interested.


    The APA has however made the following statements

    APA POSITION STATEMENTS
    The American Psychiatric Association:
    1. Recognizes that appropriately evaluated transgender and gender variant individuals can benefit greatly from medical and surgical gender transition treatments.
    2. Advocates for removal of barriers to care and supports both public and private health insurance coverage for gender transition treatment.
    3. Opposes categorical exclusions of coverage for such medically necessary treatment when prescribed by a physician.
    The American Psychiatric Association:
    1. Supports laws that protect the civil rights of transgender and gender variant individuals.
    2. Urges the repeal of laws and policies that discriminate against transgender and gender variant people.
    3. Opposes all public and private discrimination against transgender and gender variant individuals in such areas as health care, employment, housing, public accommodation, education, and licensing.
    4. Declares that no burden of proof of such judgment, capacity, or reliability shall be placed upon these individuals greater than that imposed on any other persons.

    --Taken From ( http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/0...-civil-rights/ )

    The APA's position on the issue is that it does recognize that trans-affirmative treatment and aid has a positive impact. However, the psychiatrists or therapist should also help explore the gender-identity(s) with the patient especially if the patient is a youth, as it may be transient if there isn't a long history of identifying as the other gender and receiving treatment.



    *Will Henceforth be shortened to DSM

    **Note: The WHO and I believe some other countries have their own Psychiatric Organizations but the APA and the WHO are the highest authorities on these subjects.

    Here's the guidelines issued on treatment of Gender Dysphoria

    https://www.apa.org/practice/guidelines/transgender.pdf
    Last edited by ThePaladin; July 3rd, 2016 at 12:21 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Lynching paladin is like picking out the biggest guy in prison and trying to beat him up because he looks the toughest.He is the most townie person here and its really silly he [has a train on him], given the level of stupid on this wagon, should I be even surprised?


  16. #136

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    From re-reading what is put forth by the DSM, the root problem of most people's wishes to change or identify as the opposite sex of birth is due to perceived gender roles in culture/society extended beyond even the male/female roles in some societies which have even more gender roles(yes you can have more than 2 gender roles in a society, think about people in cultures who are allowed to reproduce while others are limited to specific tasks in life as an example)
    Last edited by ThePaladin; July 2nd, 2016 at 09:13 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Lynching paladin is like picking out the biggest guy in prison and trying to beat him up because he looks the toughest.He is the most townie person here and its really silly he [has a train on him], given the level of stupid on this wagon, should I be even surprised?


  17. #137

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    @Ash -- I'm pretty sure allowing someone to change their sex to solve their gender dysphoria by allowing them to change to their identifying sex from their assigned sex, literally, effects no one else but them. So to compare it to schizophrenia is not only stupid, but it's a dangerous mindset as well... Your opinion lacks any common sense, or rational thought. I bet you believe gay marriage leads to beastiality too, no?

    Back to the actual conversation. Transgender sex changes are an extremely personal decision, and often times, not even the top priority. So let's stop with all the "DONT LET THEM CHANGE." It's non of anyone else's business, so there is no "don't let them change." If people want to change to be whole, let them change, but if they don't want to change, then they don't have to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQwX2fizw8

    WTF is normal? Your version of normal is not my version of normal, so no we shouldn't be helping people to get to the "norm" we should be helping people to feel whole, comfortable, and complete. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

    Also: 1: Tranny or trannies is a derogatory term, stop using it immediately. 2: If "society is freaked out" that's their own fucking fault. Also, no one just "pats" anyone on the back, people support those who make a difficult decision that some spend many years contemplating, before doing. Of course mood swings and such are side effects, but those go away after their bodies become used to the hormones. That's why it's called TRANSITIONING. People will be more upset and depressed not living in their true bodies. Not all, but many, so giving them the option to have the surgery allows them to make the decision for themselves. Again, a decision that doesn't even have bearing on your life.

  18. #138

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    @Ash -- I'm pretty sure allowing someone to change their sex to solve their gender dysphoria by allowing them to change to their identifying sex from their assigned sex, literally, effects no one else but them. So to compare it to schizophrenia is not only stupid, but it's a dangerous mindset as well... Your opinion lacks any common sense, or rational thought. I bet you believe gay marriage leads to beastiality too, no?

    Back to the actual conversation. Transgender sex changes are an extremely personal decision, and often times, not even the top priority. So let's stop with all the "DONT LET THEM CHANGE." It's non of anyone else's business, so there is no "don't let them change." If people want to change to be whole, let them change, but if they don't want to change, then they don't have to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGQwX2fizw8

    WTF is normal? Your version of normal is not my version of normal, so no we shouldn't be helping people to get to the "norm" we should be helping people to feel whole, comfortable, and complete. Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

    Also: 1: Tranny or trannies is a derogatory term, stop using it immediately. 2: If "society is freaked out" that's their own fucking fault. Also, no one just "pats" anyone on the back, people support those who make a difficult decision that some spend many years contemplating, before doing. Of course mood swings and such are side effects, but those go away after their bodies become used to the hormones. That's why it's called TRANSITIONING. People will be more upset and depressed not living in their true bodies. Not all, but many, so giving them the option to have the surgery allows them to make the decision for themselves. Again, a decision that doesn't even have bearing on your life.
    tranny is derogatory, since when? Fun fact, transsexuals are able to do whatever they want the same way ash can use whatever words he wants...

    If transsexuals think they are the other gender why would the decision to get the surgery be difficult, it should be a no brainer.

  19. #139

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    tranny is derogatory, since when? Fun fact, transsexuals are able to do whatever they want the same way ash can use whatever words he wants...

    If transsexuals think they are the other gender why would the decision to get the surgery be difficult, it should be a no brainer.
    Um tranny is derogatory. It's difficult because it's fucking expensive, and often a long process. It's also emotionally and physically difficult as well with hormone therapy, surgery, etc.

    Your ignorance is just beyond any fucking comprehension.

  20. #140

    Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Um tranny is derogatory. It's difficult because it's fucking expensive, and often a long process. It's also emotionally and physically difficult as well with hormone therapy, surgery, etc.

    Your ignorance is just beyond any fucking comprehension.
    I bought a boat recently. It was expensive and a long process that was taxing mentally and physically as well.

    You trannies be cray cray.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •