7 of my friends changed gender today - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: 7 of my friends changed gender today

Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    To anyone who things homosexuality is "unnatural" or a "mental illness" ... I'll offer you this.

When in college my professor of religion/philosophy was talking about how homosexuality was "so unnatural" -- he meant it sarcastically. He then went on to inform the class that the same chemicals in the brain (oxytocin) that lead to attraction/forming bonds early in potential mates, are released in both straight and gay people. He then went on to tell my class that homosexuality is natures form of population control, because if you think about it, if every man and woman could reproduce we would be overrun and our resources would be depleted. So before you try to say being gay is a "choice" or it's "unnatural" just try to consider that it's actually designed by nature to allow for the population to grow in such a way that it does not overtake the earth. Also, homosexuality is found in almost every (or in every) species. Homophobia/discrimination is only found in one species.

Thanks to everyone defending the LGBTQ+ community, I saw some of the comments here, and I was blown away by the ignorance and bigotry.
    "Who needs facts when I have my opinion?" -Bigots
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    You can still play the mod?
    but of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    There are actual rules in place for this already for some sports. It's the right of any professional organization to make reasonable rules like this to protect the integrity of their sport. This isn't actually a problem. Just a retarded argument

Oh look at the retard implying that gender == species, kek.
    So a man can believe they should have been a female, but not another species? Why? I don't expect much out of someone like you though, so w/e.

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    but of course!!

So a man can believe they should have been a female, but not another species? Why? I don't expect much out of someone like you though, so w/e.
    Once you decide not to be a retard and equate gender and species, then we can have a serious discussion. See because you're being a retard by choice.

4. ISO #54

Once you decide not to be a retard and equate gender and species, then we can have a serious discussion. See because you're being a retard by choice.
    Then start with, how does one go about knowing they should have been the other gender. What differences does one mentally experience that would cause them to realize they are the wrong gender?

5. ISO #55

Also a lot of misunderstanding of what is gender and what is sex. Sex is biological, gender is a social construct. If a biologically born male believes they should have been born female, their gender is female while their sex is male.

That's why some get SEX changes - to align their sex with their gender.

Because fuck ignorance guys, you're on the internet already.
    I still have o fucks. why bother. you can be what you want.

6. ISO #56

Then start with, how does one go about knowing they should have been the other gender. What differences does one mentally experience that would cause them to realize they are the wrong gender?
    Nice personal incredulity fallacy.

You should ask someone who is transgender BTW. Or you know, read their experiences and use empathy instead of being a retarded bigot.

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

Nice personal incredulity fallacy.

You should ask someone who is transgender BTW. Or you know, read their experiences and use empathy instead of being a retarded bigot.
    so I am a bigot for asking and trying to understand the other sides point of view? Interesting.

9. ISO #59

so I am a bigot for asking and trying to understand the other sides point of view? Interesting.
    Given the way you framed the question and the context of the situation, I don't believe you're being genuine for a second, asshole.

10. ISO #60

Given the way you framed the question and the context of the situation, I don't believe you're being genuine for a second, asshole.
    Yeah god forbid someone actually being open to listening and hearing the other side out!! Nah lets assume they are trolling and then tell them to fuck off, that will show them!

11. ISO #61

That's the problem with this law is that it can very easily involve a lot of people. Gay marriage is fine because two people get married and you don't have to deal with it. People are now able to just claim a gender and enter places they were previously not allowed to, making others uncomfortable, etc.
    That's why we should make 3 washrooms. 1 for men, 1 for women, and 1 for bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

12. ISO #62

This law will make females very uncomfortable in public places such as locker rooms, or restrooms.
    Did you ever take a minute to consider how very uncomfortable a transgender person would be going into the washroom they feel they don't belong in?

And you can imagine a child trying to cope with these feelings, or someone who has been battling these feelings for their entire life.

You really can't argue against minority rights when you're most likely a Hetero White Male Middle Class Christian (or self described Atheist from Christian background).

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

13. ISO #63

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    That's why we should make 3 washrooms. 1 for men, 1 for women, and 1 for bigots.
    The problem is people abusing the system due to the lack of barrier. It is very reasonable for a woman to be afraid of creepy men just entering the locker rooms/restrooms. It has nothing to do with being a bigot, but with people being able to switch their gender without effort to something they don't believe they are.

14. ISO #64

Did you ever take a minute to consider how very uncomfortable a transgender person would be going into the washroom they feel they don't belong in?

And you can imagine a child trying to cope with these feelings, or someone who has been battling these feelings for their entire life.

You really can't argue against minority rights when you're most likely a Hetero White Male Middle Class Christian (or self described Atheist from Christian background).
    I don't care about the transgendered people, they can do whatever the hell they want. I care about the people faking being a different gender to abuse the system. It appears to me to be much easier to do now that the barrier (psychological evaluations) is removed.

15. ISO #65

There are actual rules in place for this already for some sports. It's the right of any professional organization to make reasonable rules like this to protect the integrity of their sport. This isn't actually a problem. Just a retarded argument

Oh look at the retard implying that gender == species, kek.
    I meant my comment more towards the whole using facilities of the sex that a person is transitioning into

I really dont see why we dont have unisex bathrooms eith just full dividers and sinks i, stalls yet fir public restrookms.

I wasnt aware of the sports already had rules concerning this thank you for informing ne

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Lynching paladin is like picking out the biggest guy in prison and trying to beat him up because he looks the toughest.He is the most townie person here and its really silly he [has a train on him], given the level of stupid on this wagon, should I be even surprised?

16. ISO #66

This. My friend is so very uncomfortable going into a male's bathroom. But out of fear of others, they literally stalk the women's bathroom, waiting for everyone to leave, just so they can use it without blame.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

17. ISO #67

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaladin View Post
    I meant my comment more towards the whole using facilities of the sex that a person is transitioning into

I really dont see why we dont have unisex bathrooms eith just full dividers and sinks i, stalls yet fir public restrookms.

I wasnt aware of the sports already had rules concerning this thank you for informing ne
    Unisex bathrooms are being planned in many parts of California currently.

Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

18. ISO #68

Quote Originally Posted by Apocist View Post
    Unisex bathrooms are being planned in many parts of California currently.
    Ah thats good.
    I want to say they are already decently common in countries like japan but still not the norm

Lynching paladin is like picking out the biggest guy in prison and trying to beat him up because he looks the toughest.He is the most townie person here and its really silly he [has a train on him], given the level of stupid on this wagon, should I be even surprised?

19. ISO #69

I don't care about the transgendered people, they can do whatever the hell they want. I care about the people faking being a different gender to abuse the system. It appears to me to be much easier to do now that the barrier (psychological evaluations) is removed.
    Why can we abuse the system to begin with? Because the social community and culture of humankind is split in two on genders.

A temporary fix to this issue is to give more isolated neutrality.
    Why is it so hard to make 20 stalls that's private to the one that's in them?
    If people are afraid of the "wrong gender" being in the wrong changing room, why not have private closet rooms to change in that none can peek in? This helps a lot for shy cis-genders.

The problem isn't the "abusers" / "fakers", but the culture, community and government.
    Community needs to fix their cynicism and give people a chance as well quitting sexism, culture needs to stop stamping everything sinful based on "non-human / non-natural", government need to issue more neutrality without thinking of typical budget costs as well as fixing the bullshit gender tax / related stuff.

When I say bullshit gender tax, I mean that male paramedics get 20% more payment than female paramedics.

Outside of this, the problem is also trolls and idiots in general. "If I can, then I will"

20. ISO #70

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Why can we abuse the system to begin with? Because the social community and culture of humankind is split in two on genders.

If people are afraid of the "wrong gender" being in the wrong changing room, why not have private closet rooms to change in that none can peek in? This helps a lot for shy cis-genders.

The problem isn't the "abusers" / "fakers", but the culture, community and government.
    Community needs to fix their cynicism and give people a chance as well quitting sexism, culture needs to stop stamping everything sinful based on "non-human / non-natural", government need to issue more neutrality without thinking of typical budget costs as well as fixing the bullshit gender tax / related stuff.

When I say bullshit gender tax, I mean that male paramedics get 20% more payment than female paramedics.

Outside of this, the problem is also trolls and idiots in general. "If I can, then I will"
    This

21. ISO #71

I agree that there should be improved stalls and that would make unisex rooms much improved. IMO its a problem on both ends.

And please do not give me this "gender tax" bullshit. Both male and female make the same wages.

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

It's actually the case for several first and second world countries and I even provided an example on male paramedics. I'm unsure about third world.
    Thirld world countries have the largest gaps generally

24. ISO #74

It's actually the case for several first and second world countries and I even provided an example on male paramedics. I'm unsure about third world.
    A male paramedic will not make more than a female paramedic of equal skill, in an equal location, working the same hours. The woman either negotiated poorly, perhaps is in a safer area, different work hours, or some factor that has caused her to earn less, but it is not because she is a female.

In second and third world countries, I would imagine there is a huge gap.

25. ISO #75

I would suggest looking up any video of someone who is transgendered talking about their experiences. But, I will attempt to answer from my gay experience and what I know to help you understand. Mentally, typical transgender people experience within themselves a feeling of depression or not being whole. As a gay person, before I came to the realization I was gay, I felt this too, I felt like I didn't belong here that there was no one else like "me" ... often times I'd look up to the sky, thinking that maybe I was an 'alien' ...I was very young, I didn't have the words or thought process to understand that what I felt for my friend Ryan and what I felt for my friend Ashlee were two different feelings, and that one of them, I was attracted to. This later in life allowed me to understand that the reason I felt different, the reason I liked to play with glitter, make-up, barbies, etc. is because I was gay, and that's how I viewed the world. Of course I still had action figures (Xena the Warrior Princess being my favorite). Before you come out, or before you accept yourself, the world feels dark, it feels cold, it feels like you are the only one of 'your' species left and no one else will ever understand you.

For transgendered people, they know when their body isn't right. Many examples are boys who identify as girls not wanting to be called their boy name, wanting girl toys, liking girl colors, not understanding the traditional male roles in society or feeling incongruent with them. Like being gay, trans people don't have the words when they're younger, but once they're able to understand what they're feeling, they are able to understand what they're feeling is the wrong gender. If you really want to know, it's better you hear from a trans person. Watch this video, if not the whole thing, watch from 1:30 to 1:45. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5FviqVGtOE
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; July 2nd, 2016 at 01:30 PM.

26. ISO #76

We really need to get rid of gender roles is sorta the root of most of these problems
    Or probably sterotyprs in general
    Last edited by ThePaladin; July 2nd, 2016 at 01:31 PM.

27. ISO #77

A male paramedic will not make more than a female paramedic of equal skill
    In Norway they do. It's been on debate each year.

Edit :

I did a search and this is the case for USA too.
    Males in average there gain 5148 dollars more than females, of the same exact skill, profession and practice.
    Last edited by RLVG; July 2nd, 2016 at 01:37 PM.

28. ISO #78

29. ISO #79

30. ISO #80

He's doing the thing where he sticks his fingers in his ears and yells "I'm not listening!" over and over. Because once again, fuck facts.
    Hey banana, if males make 20% more with equal skill why do ceo's not hire exclusively females? I listen, you don't. Please get over yourself.

31. ISO #81

Honestly I have no idea about anything in Norway so I will take your word for it. I am not sure how that is justified. In the USA what I said stands though.
    Nope, it's there too.

Edit :

I did a search and this is the case for USA too.
    Males in average there gain 5148 dollars more than females, of the same exact skill, profession and practice.
    Last edited by RLVG; July 2nd, 2016 at 01:37 PM. Reason: LE SPELLING

32. ISO #82

A male paramedic will not make more than a female paramedic of equal skill, in an equal location, working the same hours. The woman either negotiated poorly, perhaps is in a safer area, different work hours, or some factor that has caused her to earn less, but it is not because she is a female.

In second and third world countries, I would imagine there is a huge gap.
    Give evidence for your claims like rlvg did his

-Just some friendly moderator

33. ISO #83

Nope, it's there too.
    So then they negotiated poorly or took a lower paying job, worked less hours, etc. If a company hires a male accountant and pays them 60,000, it would still be 60,000 if everything was mirrored but the person was a female.

If anything, the higher up we go, males are the ones being discriminated against, ex. STEM.

34. ISO #84

So then they negotiated poorly or took a lower paying job, worked less hours, etc. If a company hires a male accountant and pays them 60,000, it would still be 60,000 if everything was mirrored but the person was a female.

If anything, the higher up we go, males are the ones being discriminated against, ex. STEM.
    Cite statistics and link the websites.

Thank you

35. ISO #85

I would suggest looking up any video of someone who is transgendered talking about their experiences. But, I will attempt to answer from my gay experience and what I know to help you understand. Mentally, typical transgender people experience within themselves a feeling of depression or not being whole. As a gay person, before I came to the realization I was gay, I felt this too, I felt like I didn't belong here that there was no one else like "me" ... often times I'd look up to the sky, thinking that maybe I was an 'alien' ...I was very young, I didn't have the words or thought process to understand that what I felt for my friend Ryan and what I felt for my friend Ashlee were two different feelings, and that one of them, I was attracted to. This later in life allowed me to understand that the reason I felt different, the reason I liked to play with glitter, make-up, barbies, etc. is because I was gay, and that's how I viewed the world. Of course I still had action figures (Xena the Warrior Princess being my favorite). Before you come out, or before you accept yourself, the world feels dark, it feels cold, it feels like you are the only one of 'your' species left and no one else will ever understand you.

For transgendered people, they know when their body isn't right. Many examples are boys who identify as girls not wanting to be called their boy name, wanting girl toys, liking girl colors, not understanding the traditional male roles in society or feeling incongruent with them. Like being gay, trans people don't have the words when they're younger, but once they're able to understand what they're feeling, they are able to understand what they're feeling is the wrong gender. If you really want to know, it's better you hear from a trans person. Watch this video, if not the whole thing, watch from 1:30 to 1:45. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5FviqVGtOE
    Ah thanks for sharing. I find it interesting that you associate barbies and glitter with being gay. Why can't you just like them outside of being gay or straight? I know colors have changed throughout time. Pink and purple are supposed to be female colors, but purple is supposed to be royal, and pink used to be viewed differently too?

36. ISO #86

Ah thanks for sharing. I find it interesting that you associate barbies and glitter with being gay. Why can't you just like them outside of being gay or straight? I know colors have changed throughout time. Pink and purple are supposed to be female colors, but purple is supposed to be royal, and pink used to be viewed differently too?
    Its his experience hwnce why he is associating

Obviously not all gay people are like that and its a bad sterotype, some are super masculine athletes even

But there are also those who like things which are cinsidered feminine regardless of being gay or not

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

Society associates them with being gay/female. I was just using it as an example that was part of my experience.

I agree with Banana, I think you understand what's going on but you're trying to be an ass about it. We all know that society places expectations/views on things like barbies and glitter and gender roles that can play with them.

The fact that you pointed out those points, just tells me that you probably didn't watch the video/care enough to be enlightened. Except you focused on the fact that I pointed out that I used glitter and barbies as a child, and I happen to be gay. Sure, my liking these things defied typical straight male child rearing, because I was gay I didn't understand what I "should" be playing with. My family never stopped me, but they laughed/thought it was cute.

I would love for children to be able to like them outside of being gay or straight, I never said you had to be a gay male to like female things. In fact if I have children, I will support whatever they want to do, whether it is typical to their gender or not.

Your questions are for society to answer, unfortunately the patriarchy has standards/ideals for what straight male children should be playing with.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; July 2nd, 2016 at 02:06 PM.

39. ISO #89

where did rlvg cite for the 5k more than woman? Did I miss it?
    He should

But he is giving numbers they seem to be fron statistics rather than thought up examples

40. ISO #90

Society associates them with being gay/female. I was just using it as an example that was part of my experience.

I agree with Banana, I think you understand what's going on but you're trying to be an ass about it. We all know that society places expectations/views on things like barbies and glitter and gender roles that can play with them.

The fact that you pointed out those points, just tells me that you probably didn't watch the video/care enough to be enlightened. Except you focused on the fact that I pointed out that I used glitter and barbies as a child, and I happen to be gay. Sure, my liking these things defied typical straight male child rearing, because I was gay I didn't understand what I "should" be playing with. My family never stopped me, but they laughed/thought it was cute.

I would love for children to be able to like them outside of being gay or straight, I never said you had to be a gay male to like female things. In fact if I have children, I will support whatever they want to do, whether it is typical to their gender or not.

Your questions are for society to answer, unfortunately the patriarchy has standards/ideals for what straight male children should be playing with.
    I am not trying to be an ass,

eh I just deleted the rest of the post, no point commenting if you think it is not genuine.

and yes I watched that video, I see where you people get your terrible assumptions in mafia from.

41. ISO #91

I am not trying to be an ass,

eh I just deleted the rest of the post, no point commenting if you think it is not genuine.

and yes I watched that video, I see where you people get your terrible assumptions in mafia from.
    lol ok. You have nothing to prove to me, but just be careful when trying to understand someone, especially gay people, we're leery about straight people, and their history of mockery and violence towards lgbtq+ ... so. You made the decision to ask questions that had nothing to do with what I was telling you about. I would have liked you to tell us what you now understand, or what you learned from the video.

Instead you went to a point I made and made it seem as though I was being closed minded. Intentionally or not, you are the one who is framing your points this way. You can say what you want about my assumptions, but other people independent of me have noticed this as well. I assume, we're all incorrect?

@PLZLEAVEDUCKK
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; July 2nd, 2016 at 02:26 PM.

42. ISO #92

I agree that there should be improved stalls and that would make unisex rooms much improved. IMO its a problem on both ends.

And please do not give me this "gender tax" bullshit. Both male and female make the same wages.
    https://graphics.wsj.com/gender-pay-gap/

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

@PLZLEAVEDUCKK -- Men and women do NOT make the same wage at all. Women earn $.79 to the dollar that men earn. Also, even in female dominated fields like teaching or nursing, men are more likely to be promoted before a woman even if they have less experience/ability. Look up Glass Ceiling and Glass Escalator.
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; July 2nd, 2016 at 02:45 PM.

45. ISO #95

Yes they earn less, but they are paid the same wages. The reasons for the gap in what you linked is all factors controlled by the woman. Men who make the same decisions as the female workers earning less, also make the same lower amounts.
    wage
    wāj/Submit
    noun
    a fixed regular payment, typically paid on a daily or weekly basis, made by an employer to an employee, especially to a manual or unskilled worker.

earn
    ərn/Submit
    verb
    verb: earn; 3rd person present: earns; past tense: earned; past participle: earned; gerund or present participle: earning
    (of a person) obtain (money) in return for labor or services.

Now tell me how they make the same "wage" but "earn" less...

https://www.aauw.org/research/the-sim...ender-pay-gap/
    Last edited by PowersThatBe; July 2nd, 2016 at 02:32 PM.

46. ISO #96

wage
    wāj/Submit
    noun
    a fixed regular payment, typically paid on a daily or weekly basis, made by an employer to an employee, especially to a manual or unskilled worker.

earn
    ərn/Submit
    verb
    verb: earn; 3rd person present: earns; past tense: earned; past participle: earned; gerund or present participle: earning
    (of a person) obtain (money) in return for labor or services.

Now tell me how they make the same "wage" but "earn" less...

https://www.aauw.org/research/the-sim...ender-pay-gap/
    Just for logical sense... the only way to have the same wage but earn less, is to have the same hourly rate but get less hours or more taxes

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

@PLZLEAVEDUCKK -- Men and women do NOT make the same wage at all. Women earn $.79 to the dollar that men earn. Also, even in female dominated fields like teaching or nursing, men are more likely to be promoted before a woman even if they have less experience/ability. Look up Glass Ceiling and Glass Elevator.
    If you believe this is true, why are we hiring men at all?

49. ISO #99

Yes they earn less, but they are paid the same wages. The reasons for the gap in what you linked is all factors controlled by the woman. Men who make the same decisions as the female workers earning less, also make the same lower amounts.
    Quote reasearch and statistics to counter statistics ir your arguments are null

_friendly moderator

50. ISO #100