Modded Minecraft Players
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Modded Minecraft Players

I don't frequent mc as much anymore, but back then my favorite mods were ic2 (industrialcraft), thermal dynamics (thermal expansion on top of that), and applied energistics. For a fresher range of other worlds/dimensions to explore with these mods, I'd heavily recommend The Betweenlands, Twilight Forest, and The Abyss Ch.2. All three of these dimension mods are valued highly based on 2 premises: environment and fun factor, both of which are on another level compared to other lackluster ones.

5. ISO #5

My old server was more magic than tech.

Magic:
    Thaumcraft, Botania, Ars Magica, Witchcraft, Astral Sorcery, Twilight Forest, Blood Magic.

Throw in mods that make the world not look like shit/add content:
    Pam's Harvestcraft, any of the 9000 environment mods, real oceans, seasons if your server can handle it.

Tech:
    Immersive Engineering, Thermal expansion oil enabled, sticky redstone, boat mod. Tinkers Construct. Ztones (or xtones?), Forestry.

Storage:
    Don't go fucking ballistic on storage. Iron Chests + Storage Drawers. Bibliocraft has cool stuff.

Honorable mentions:

Ice & Fire adds Dragons / Hippogryphs and a bunch of other stuff that you can tame/ride. Adds a lot of difficulty but the config files were shit when I used it so there wasn't much to help you balance things out. May have been changed since then.

Lycanite's Mobs adds more crazy mobs than you'd ever want. Entity quality isn't as great as I&F but the config files actually do work if you have the patience to balance out the 80+ monsters it puts in the game. The items it adds are a little weird but the pet system and all that is neat.

Aquaculture: More Fishables. The armor wasn't great but that's why you have Tinker's Construct anyway.

Metallurgy: If this even exists anymore and you can find a compatibility mod for Tconstruct, it can make mining/crafting retarded levels of complex since it gives you access to tons of alloys that will make you rip your hair out when you fuck up everything you had been smelting on accident. Was loads of fun.

Mystical Agriculture: Usually too OP for my server. Really cool mod though.
    Draconic Energy: Usually too OP for my server (but honestly if you get THAT far in it, you deserve to have infinite shit.)

Things I haven't tried but would:

Farmer's Delight, Macaw's Bridges, Viescraft Airships, Signpost,
    Last edited by Frinckles; August 4th, 2021 at 01:23 PM.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by WrathCyber View Post
    I like how you mentioned storage. Solve all that with thermal dynamics where you can keep a million items in one block.
    I'm aware. Was just never a big fan of all-in-one solutions for storage. I remember making a sophisticated applied energistics setup with terminals throughout a base and thinking 'well this is fucking easy.' It doesn't look as fancy and isn't as simple but storage drawers always felt cozy. Just go into the warehouse and get the shit you need.

Plus I think it gives incentives to actually build areas for what you need. Like a warehouse, or a smeltery etc. I'm not super big on the tech mods but a friend of mine made some cool structure that used storage drawers for a bunch of DNA with a genetics mod and called it the The Gene Pool. It had an actual pool in it and beach chairs.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Pretty funny that two random spam bots led to a legit conversation.

My favorite mod was MystCraft, being able to make a bunch of custom designed pocket dimensions was lots of fun
    cryptonic is bot? ;O

Never actually got to play Mystcraft but heard a lot of cool things about it. It randomized dimensions with books right? Sounds neat, albeit abusable.
    Last edited by Frinckles; August 4th, 2021 at 07:16 PM.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Hmmm... Yes, these posts don't look suspicious at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    cryptonic is bot? ;O

Never actually got to play Mystcraft but heard a lot of cool things about it. It randomized dimensions with books right? Sounds neat, albeit abusable.
    I was referring to post #2.

There were two bots that bumped this thread from 2016.

Mystcraft was (is?) super abusable. You had to work super hard to get to that point though, which put it in the "abusable" category rather than the "broken" category in my book.
    In all of the FeedTheBeast servers played with friends it was rarely the most broken mod in the pack because it took so long for it to really ramp up.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by WrathCyber View Post
    Hmm speaking of, I've played Thaumcraft and I'm pretty sure that mod takes months to progress.
    No, you just scan everything like a maniac for 20 minutes and throw shit into a crucible. Ironically, the storage was always the hard part. Having 50 jars on a wall looks nice until you find out it doesn't work because.. of gravity or the mod.. or something? who knows.