Hat Texture / Names over heads
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Hat Texture / Names over heads

I've been having this problem for a while. Names do not appear above any of the players, and besides that, most if not all hats appear as pink textures to me (look at the chinese hat down-left).

I sense this is a graphic issue, but that shouldnt be my PC since this happened with my old PC which i changed completely 2 months ago, re-downloaded the game and still happens.

Any help? 1.jpg

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Graphic error? Names not appearing and pink texture.

Isn't there anyway I could fix it? I tried erasing and re downloading the map many times.

Seriously, the game feels a bit dull without seeing the name of each player... And textures seem boring as well. I would really like to fix it somehow.

Still, thanks for answering fast

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Re: Names not Displaying Above Heads of Models

I actually think it may have been removed intentionally. If I remember right the argument was that people were wifoming shit out. Like 'Player X is the only one in the game with enough points to pick that avatar and he always prefers evil roles'
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I actually think it may have been removed intentionally. If I remember right the argument was that people were wifoming shit out. Like 'Player X is the only one in the game with enough points to pick that avatar and he always prefers evil roles'
    You mean like Coloured names?
    And name choice?
    And speech Pattern?
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Re: Graphical problems with hat textures

Thanks you!
    We are currently in the works of fixing this bug. And encountering some issues which we are trying to resolve.

Basically, when we test it out on map editor it works just fine, but when we upload it and test it, it goes back to pink.

Thank you ^^ Anymore bugs, please inform us.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Veri View Post
    As far as I know Helz is right, that got removed intentionally so people can't specifically target players with certain avatars.
    I personally don't think it's needed and shouldn't be added back for exactly that reason.
    That doesn't make any sense.
    You can still tell who someone is when they are voted, so what's the point in removing it when they information is still available. You can still vote people up and be like "omg look at that avatar, it's X and he always prefers scum. Guilty him."

What's the difference there?

If this truly is a "problem", then why not just make a "random" avatar and hat selection, that can get you selections that you have not unlocked yet. Then there is no way that you can determine a player's points via their avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

20. ISO #20

Got confirmation from D.R. that it was a bug which caused the names to disappear.

And like Crpytonic said.
    Trials reveal your Avatar anyway.

And all this argument, that it related to meta gaming. Has always been part of the game.
    And if meta gaming is an issue. We wouldn't let people pick their own name or avatars.

So saying that letting people know which avatar is owned by who with names, makes no sense. When we have that already.

And what solution do we tell the player if issues come up, to not pick the model that causes the issue.

To have Your Avatar with your name badge on it, it adds to the personalization. To see your Avatar that you earned, that you wear is fun, and will make people want to earn their points.
    But right now. I don't care about my avatar, because I can't see it unless I'm on trial =$
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Got confirmation from D.R. that it was a bug which caused the names to disappear.

And like Crpytonic said.
    Trials reveal your Avatar anyway.

And all this argument, that it related to meta gaming. Has always been part of the game.
    And if meta gaming is an issue. We wouldn't let people pick their own name or avatars.

So saying that letting people know which avatar is owned by who with names, makes no sense. When we have that already.

And what solution do we tell the player if issues come up, to not pick the model that causes the issue.

To have Your Avatar with your name badge on it, it adds to the personalization. To see your Avatar that you earned, that you wear is fun, and will make people want to earn their points.
    But right now. I don't care about my avatar, because I can't see it unless I'm on trial =$
    This is basically the main argument. If people think it's a problem to have colored names, longer names, high level avatars, high level hats... then the solution I suggested fixes that. Having the ability to "random" your avatar will negate the possibility of being meta'd.

But, as with any meta in Mafia, it's retarded. Meta always changes. The second that people are aware of Meta, the Meta no longer exists. If I was known to always prefer Mafia, then I would either stop preferring Mafia, or stop using high level avatars, ect. It's also a retarded argument to use in game, because the same person could forget to use prefer (or be afk at the start).
    Likewise, would you Town-read someone who also prefers Town roles and avoid that slot? To me, that sounds like you're setting yourself up for failure lol.

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    That doesn't make any sense.
    You can still tell who someone is when they are voted, so what's the point in removing it when they information is still available. You can still vote people up and be like "omg look at that avatar, it's X and he always prefers scum. Guilty him."

What's the difference there?

If this truly is a "problem", then why not just make a "random" avatar and hat selection, that can get you selections that you have not unlocked yet. Then there is no way that you can determine a player's points via their avatar.
    The difference is that you can't target people N1 because of their avatar. Of course you can find out eventually, but if given the choice, I'd rather be targeted because of reasons like my avatar N3 than N1.

I'm not saying this is a big problem, I just don't see why it should be changed since there's no benefit to it imo.

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by Veri View Post
    The difference is that you can't target people N1 because of their avatar. Of course you can find out eventually, but if given the choice, I'd rather be targeted because of reasons like my avatar N3 than N1.

I'm not saying this is a big problem, I just don't see why it should be changed since there's no benefit to it imo.
    Being fixed, not Changed.
    And I already presented one of the reasons to why there is Benefit.
    It attracts and keeps the Collectors.

Also, you can still figure out whos avatar is who from the Order they are in the circle. If I wanted to kill Diabo, I know which one to kill.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26