Jailor tip
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Jailor tip

1. ISO #1

Jailor tip

Throughout my career in jailing I’ve enjoyed reasonable success and I’ve encountered many lifelong friends along the way. However, had I been better prepared, I could have plotted my targets with greater confidence, knowing full well I had made the right night choice. And for that reason, I hope to provide some practical and useful advice to those of you who are newly recruited mafia players, or those simply exploring the role of jailor.

We will discuss preparation for the first day jailing, and we will also talk about what to expect. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, I will provide you with a time-tested list of Do’s and Don’ts that will aid you in extending the life of your slot. Winning is entirely up to you, though if you put forth the effort and master the role, your chances of climbing the season ladder increase greatly.

In terms of preparation, the advice is very general, and applies to virtually any setup. As we explore what to expect and the Do’s and Don’ts, you will notice the information begins to address the specialized nature of the correctional officer position.

How to Prepare

Good Night’s Rest

Getting a good night’s sleep the night before your first day will ease any jitters and/or nervousness. It will also help you to stay alert and be able to retain the large volume(s) of information that will be disseminated to you by training and human resources staff. The night action environment demands acute awareness on the part of the player.

Look Sharp

Your appearance absolutely sets the stage for how you will be perceived by your mayor yand other town members, as well as the captives you will be working with, so dress sharp in civilian clothing and in uniform. Taking pride in your grooming and personal appearance demonstrates your intent to make a good impression on your employer and further indicates you will represent the agency/facility in the same positive manner. In summary, your professional appearance should command respect without having to speak a single word.

Punctuality

Punctuality is critically essential to success in any field, and it’s especially so in the world of jailing, from simply assuming your post on time to completion of specialized observations, log entries and scheduled accountability checks. Jailing is extremely time-sensitive with little to no room for error, so it would be wise to invest in a durable and reliable timepiece to help keep you on track with the demands of a highly fluid environment.

Professionalism

Developing and maintaining a professional demeanor and rapport with your supervisors, co-workers and inmate population(s) will greatly aid you in establishing and cementing your reputation as an employee dedicated to fulfilling your role in the mission of operating institutions which are safe and secure for staff and inmates. It encompasses all we’ve discussed previously and further includes your interpersonal communication skills, and more specifically, your interactions with staff and inmates. Being professional is no mystery- it simply requires that you learn the elements associated with all prospective post assignment(s) and perform them in a superior manner on a consistent basis throughout your career.Expect

What to Expect

Testing

Regardless of facility security or captive custody classifications, you will absolutely be tested on one or more occasions by captives within your respective institutions. This testing may come in the form of an overly firm handshake, or a policy-related question to which you are far too inexperienced to know the answer. Then again, the test could be as seemingly innocuous as an inmate asking you for a single cigarette or a piece of gum. The process of “being tested,” in whatever form it may occur, might seem intimidating at first and understandably so, but strict adherence to your parent institution’s policies and procedures and reliance on your pre-service training will allow you to pass these tests with flying colors.

Sensory Overload

Imagine opening the front door to your home and finding your television and music systems operating at peak volume, while your family simultaneously engages you in conversation en masse, all while the phone is ringing and the dogs are barking like an intruder is present. As overwhelming as that scenario sounds, it may actually be quite calm in comparison with the sights and sounds you will encounter within jailing. It’s quite normal to expect a cacophony of soon-to-be familiar sounds from housing units, chow halls, work crews, recreation (rec) yards, and other areas of the institution/jail.

In the same manner, large gatherings of captives may also be a very unsettling sight. Subsequently, it’s important to recognize that the majority of captives in general population(s) follow and abide by institutional rules and regulations. For those exceptions, built-in safeguards do exist, in the form of captive disciplinary programs, and through comprehensive institutional management and control of the staff/inmate supervision ratio, to ensure the safe and orderly operation of jail facilities. The sights and sounds you encounter within the correctional environment may seem disconcerting at first, but as your jailor IQ increases, you will recognize that these sounds provide you with a critical advantage, as they become your personal barometer and allow you to effectively evaluate and assess captive activity within your respective facilities.

Classroom Time

The greatest sports teams, individual athletes and even business tycoons all share one thing in common: they do their homework. Whether watching replays, on-field practice, conducting comparative research or intense product development, spending time in the classroom was (is) an absolute requirement for success…jailing is no different. We’re not in this business for material tokens of success like Super Bowl rings or huge CEO end-of-the-year bonus checks. Rather, we are committed to our jobs entirely out of a sincere and genuine interest in serving and protecting the town. As a result, take full advantage of all classroom time to hone your skills and ultimately support our collective mission of protecting the town.

Do’s and Don’ts

As children, one of the first rules we learn is to “keep our hands to ourselves, and keep our feet on the ground.” As we grow in wisdom and maturity, our definition of right and wrong expands and evolves accordingly, forming the moral code by which we live day-to-day. We will use the same building block approach regarding the application of elementary correctional principles. Below, I’ve included a basic list of Do’s and Don’ts, formulated to put you on the pathway to success as you begin your career in jailing.

• Don’t give anything to a captive and don’t accept anything from a captive.

• Don’t divulge/share personal information with or in the presence of captives.

• Don’t personalize interactions with captives.

• Do be firm, fair and consistent at all times.

• Do be yourself.

• Do recognize “NO” is reversible.

• Do recognize the TOWN s greater than any individual.

2. ISO #2

Re: Jailor tip

Can u pls highlight the part of this post where u tell me if I should execute doctor claims on day 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Tbh if the people you are complaining about has 10 brain cells, you d only one 15 just because you are thinkinf they d read it and just because you are thinking that mod mafia always have a stable and the same thinking pattern going on. This thing is compeltly useless and not worth reading. If you complain losing the game then just stop playing because you could always mak3 town believe in yourself. Stop blaming the other players and calşing them idiots and blame yourself for your own lose for once....

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4