Town
    Doctor

Mafia
    Mafia

Rolecards

Town

No special abilities.

Doctor

Pick a target to heal at night. You cannot target the same target two nights in a row. There is no feedback on successful healing for either player.

Mafia

You share a night chat with your partner. You have a factional kill each night.

Mechanics

Game starts day 1 with lynch
    Days and nights are 24 hours long
    Only funny last wills allowed
    Death notes allowed
    Lynch occurs at >50% majority

Special Mechanic

A random member of the town faction will start with the potato
    The potato will start with a random count from 4-7 that only the host knows
    Whoever has the potato must deduct 1 or 2 from the count at night and then pass it to any other player.
    If the count hits 0 the player who has the potato dies
    If the player who holds the potato is lynched or the player who is passed the potato is night killed the same night it is passed to a random player and the count stays the same
    If the potato kills a player it will not return to play
    The doctor cannot stop a potato kill.
    If you do not pass the potato it will blow up.

Example:
    Night 1 Player A has the potato with a count of 4, deducts 1 and passes if to Player B
    Night 2 Player B has the potato with a count of 3, deducts 2 and passes it to Player C
    Night 3 Player C has the potato with a count of 1, no matter what they deduct the player will die

Rules

Standard site rules apply
    Absolutely no quoting OR fake quoting the host
    Last edited by BananaCucho; June 3rd, 2016 at 01:37 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Re: S-FM Hot Potato

Does anyone know who has the potato when it is first given to someone? I think if it is known who has the potato it should be random, otherwise you get an IC at the beginning of the game and that would be pretty Town sided.

What is considered a count? 4-7 counts, but what is a count and how long will it last for?
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    What is wrong with the doc? I would recommend making it so he can't heal Potato Explosions.
    Look

Quote Originally Posted by Setup
    The doctor cannot stop a potato kill
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    Does anyone know who has the potato when it is first given to someone? I think if it is known who has the potato it should be random, otherwise you get an IC at the beginning of the game and that would be pretty Town sided.

What is considered a count? 4-7 counts, but what is a count and how long will it last for?
    A random town starts with the Potato so that Mafia cannot bounce the potato back and forth a bit and use it as a controlled kill.

Only the person with the potato knows they have it. This serves to confirm them if they claim it, unless counter claimed of course. Typically small setups like this have 2 TPRS and so this one only has 1 so that if the doc doesn't start with the potato it's as if town has 2 TPRs in that the potato starter is confirmed town.

If doc randos the potato that's just too bad for town

The count is an invisible number that is subtracted from before the potato is passed off as explained in the special mechanics. Only the host knows the count at any point in the game and when it hits zero the potato explodes. Subtracting 2 from the count is more risky than subtracting 1 but can raise the odds of the person you pass the potato to dying.
    Last edited by BananaCucho; June 3rd, 2016 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Look

A random town starts with the Potato so that Mafia cannot bounce the potato back and forth a bit and use it as a controlled kill.

Only the person with the potato knows they have it. This serves to confirm them if they claim it, unless counter claimed of course. Typically small setups like this have 2 TPRS and so this one only has 1 so that if the doc doesn't start with the potato it's as if town has 2 TPRs in that the potato starter is confirmed town.

If doc randos the potato thsts just too bad.

The count is an invisible number that is subtracted from before the potato is passed off as explained in the special mechanics. Only the host knows the count at any point in the game and when it hits zero the potato explodes. Subtracting 2 from the count is more risky than subtracting 1 but can raise the odds of the person you pass the potato to dying.
    OK, thanks, that makes more sense. I didn't get the example first time around, herp derp.

So what if Town decides as a group to always subtract 2 pts?

So it pretty much just work like an added lynch only individually based that is somewhat random?

I think its a fun mechanic, but kinda is flirting with killing probability.

What happens if the potato is never passed?

Suggestion: 3 points instead of 4-7 and each pass costs 1 pt. this allows for more strategic use of the potato.
    Last edited by Quick; June 3rd, 2016 at 01:16 PM.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Suggestion: add investigative role that can check to see if target has the potato instead of doc.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

12. ISO #12

The potato is meant to be random and a gamble. If town decides to always subtract 2 that's a strategy they can choose to deploy if they wish.

I'll add into the setup that anyone who fails to pass the potato will blow up.

The point is that if you have the potato you don't know if you are gonna die or not, not to add a coordinated kill.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    doctor should not be able to conscutivly heal if the potato starts on random town, it jsut leads to doc camping the player.

Suggetion: have the doctor start with the potato to prevent it if you dont want consecutive targeting
    I think I'll make it so doc cannot target the same person twice in a row to add an element of WIFOM

But maybe only after unsuccessful heals. If a heal is successful they can target the same person again

Suggestion: add investigative role that can check to see if target has the potato instead of doc.
    Naw that's pointless. There's no need to hide that you have the potato when nobody knows what the count starts at.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    I'll add into the setup that anyone who fails to pass the potato will blow up.

The point is that if you have the potato you don't know if you are gonna die or not, not to add a coordinated kill.
    You might need a time mechanic to set a limit on when they have to pass the potato by. Like a counter where after X happens the count goes down.

Without any predictability to the way the potato works it takes away a lot of the strategic use to using it. Also, I said this earlier, but this is flirting with % based kills, which is pretty controversial.. maybe not here, but elsewhere it is. The thing about my suggestion is that there is still unpredictability and is easy to WIFOM with it, but it adds some predictability, which I think this mechanic needs. I mean, some people are cool with the possibility of losing based on a roll of the die, but others think that takes away the skill of the game *shrug*
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

16. ISO #16

You might need a time mechanic to set a limit on when they have to pass the potato by. Like a counter where after X happens the count goes down.

Without any predictability to the way the potato works it takes away a lot of the strategic use to using it. Also, I said this earlier, but this is flirting with % based kills, which is pretty controversial.. maybe not here, but elsewhere it is. The thing about my suggestion is that there is still unpredictability and is easy to WIFOM with it, but it adds some predictability, which I think this mechanic needs. I mean, some people are cool with the possibility of losing based on a roll of the die, but others think that takes away the skill of the game *shrug*
    It's a fun special mechanic for this game only. If you don't want to be random killed, don't sign up

The count decreases on passing and passes only happen at night. I'll clarify that.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by PLZLEAVEDUCKK View Post
    Is not receiving feedback really a nerf? If mafia is abstaining out of fear of a doctor save or for meta reasons that is probably good for town. They will probably be trying to hit who they think the doctor is anyway and no death is likely a save.
    I thought about it and a doc save on someone who didn't start with the potato makes 3 confirmed towns and I don't like the sound of that

This way there's more mind fuckery involved

19. ISO #19

Is there only one potato?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23