HIDDEN TOWN
    HIDDEN TOWN

HIDDEN MAFIA
    HIDDEN MAFIA
    HIDDEN MAFIA
    HIDDEN MAFIA

POSSIBLE ROLES:

Hidden Town/Mafia means there is any number of Citizen roles

This is not a Role Madness game, it is a balanced game, which is probably an understatement.

Please reread the section on Special Mechnics. I am clarifying something that was said earlier about this game from the Thread of interest. It should have been included in the OP long ago and I deeply apologise for that.

TOWN:

Roles will appear as:

Welcome [Player X], you are Citizen aligned with town.

You have no night actions.
    Welcome [player X], you are a Bodyguard aligned with town.

During the night you may protect one player from getting night killed by protecting them with your life that night.
    Welcome [player X], you are a Commuter aligned with town.

During the night you may leave town so no one may target you at night.
    Welcome [player X], you are a Sherif aligned with town.

During the night you may investigate someone to learn what alignment they are.

Possible Results are:
    Player is Town or Mafia OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Deputy aligned with town.

During the night you may investigate someone to learn what alignment they are once the Cop has died.

Possible Results are:
    Player is Town or Mafia OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Follower aligned with Town.

During the night you may investigate someone to learn what actions that player took that night.

Possible results are:
    Player used: Action Investigation, Role Investigation or a Special Ability OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Friendly Neighbor aligned with town.

During the night you may tell a person you are aligned with Town.

Possible Results are:
    This player knows you are Town OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Motion Detector aligned with town.

During the night you may investigate someone to learn if any actions were performed by or on that player, but not what the actions were or who else they involved that night.

Possible Results are:
    Abilities were used or no players were targeted OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Neapolitian aligned with town.

During the night you may investigate someone to learn whether they are a Citizen or not.

Possible Results are:
    Player is: Citizen or Not Citizen OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Investigator aligned with town.

During the night you may Investigate to learn what Role, but not alignment someone is.

Possible results are:
    Player is X role OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Rolestopper aligned with town.

During the night you may prevent any Night Actions to be performed on someone that night.
    Welcome [player X], you are a Tracker aligned with town.

During the night you may investigate someone to learn who, if anybody, that player targeted that night.

Possible Results are:
    This player targeted [X] player or no players were targeted OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Universal Backup aligned with town.

Whenever the first Town Aligned Power Role dies, you inherit their abilities.
    Welcome [player X], you are a Voyeur aligned with town.

During the night you may investigate someone to learn what abilities were used on that player that night.

Possible Results are:
    Abilities [X, Y, Z ect.] were used on this player or no players were targeted OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Lookout aligned with town.

During the night you may investigate someone to learn who, if anybody, targeted that player that night (but not what actions were performed on that player).

Possible Results are:
    Players [X, Y, Z ect.] targeted this player or no players were targeted OR N/A
    MAFIA:

Roles will appear as:

Welcome [player X], you are a Mafioso aligned with Mafia.

During the night you may execute the Night Kill.
    Welcome [player X], you are a Follower aligned with Mafia

During the night you may investigate someone to learn what actions that player took that night and may execute the Night Kill.

Possible results are:
    Player used: Action Investigation, Role Investigation or a Special Ability OR N/A.
    Welcome [player X], you are a Motion Detector aligned with Mafia.

During the night you may investigate someone to learn if any actions were performed by or on that player, but not what the actions were or who else they involved that night and may execute the Night Kill.

Possible Results are:
    Abilities were used or no players were targeted OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Neapolitan aligned with Mafia.

During the night you may investigate someone to learn if they are Vanilla Townie and may execute the Night Kill.

Possible Results are:
    Player is: Citizen or Not Citizen OR N/A
    Welcome [player X], you are a Rolestopper aligned with Mafia.

During the night you may block any actions done to that player that night and may execute the Night Kill.
    Welcome [player X], you are a Traitor aligned with Mafia. There are 3 other Mafia members in this game.

During the night you may execute the Night Kill if there are no remaining Mafia left in the game. You do not count as a member of the mafia until you are the only mafia left in that group.
    Welcome [player X], you are a Voyeur aligned with Mafia.

During the night you may investigate someone to see what abilities were used on that player that night and may execute the Night Kill.

Possible Results are:
    Abilities [X, Y, Z ect.] were used on this player or no players were targeted OR N/A

WIN CONDITIONS
    Towns win condition is to eliminate all members of the mafia.
    Mafias Win condition is to have a majority in any one group or nothing can prevent this.

ORDER OF OPERATIONS (OoO)

Commuter
    Special Abilities: Friendly Neighbor, Bodyguard, Rolestopper
    Role Investigation: Cop, Role Cop, Neapolitian
    Night Kill
    *Action Investigation: Tracker, Watcher, Voyeur, Follower, Motion Detector

You will either get a result or N/A result.
    *= May detect the Night Kill

MECHANICS:
    GAME PHASES:
    Each Game day is 3 days.
    For the first half of the day, Day Phase: I (DP: I) (24 hours) everyone votes on what Group will be chosen.
    The last half of the day, Day Phas: II (DP: II) (24 hours), the group that was chosen will have a player lynched from that group.
    In the event that a majority for what Group is chosen to lynch from is chosen before the end of that half of the day, that time will be added to the rest of the day to vote on a lynch.
    Night Phase (NP) is one day (24 hours).

OTHER MECHANICS:
    Mafia share Night Chat and know who each other are unless there is a traitor in the game, in which case they will not know who the Traitor is and the Traitor will not know who they are.
    All Votes are decided by a majority (>50%) of those able to vote. Once a majority is chosen, not future votes will count.
    Player's role and alignment are given upon death.

SPECIAL MECHANICS:
    When all members of the mafia are lynched from a group, the remaining members of that will join the remaining group(s) as evenly as possible but will be random what players will join what group where applicable.
    I will be telling all the players what groups all players belong to at the beginning of DP: I for all days.
    The group that was chosen will have a player lynched from that group.
    The group that is chosen to lynch from cannot vote for lynch.
    The same group may be chosen on consecutive days.
    Mafia has to lynch from the Group that was chosen to lynch from.
    All night actions proceed as normal.
    Wills are allowed but not Death Notes.
    There are hidden mechanics in this game, but I don't believe this game is bastard by any metric. The hidden mechanics are done for balance ONLY.

RULES OF CONDUCT:
    NO OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION ABOUT THE GAME (Ex. skype, pms, other threads, phones calls and the like.)
    NO QUOTING ANYTHING FROM OUTSIDE THE GAME
    NO FAKE QUOTING
    NO EDITING OR DELETING POSTS
    NO EXCESSIVE PERSONAL ATTACKS
    (I will be the one to decide that)
    NO POSTING ANY LANGUAGE BUT ENGLISH
    LIMIT FLUFF POSTING TO A BARE MINIMUM
    (I will be the one to decide that)
    HYDRAS ARE ALLOWED BETWEEN 2 PEOPLE, BUT ONE MEMBER MUST HAVE VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE THAT THEY HAVE PLAYED AT LEAST 3 GAMES
    PURPLE IS MY COLOR DO NOT USE IT
    YOU MUST POST AT LEAST 3 TIMES EACH 24 HOUR PERIOD
    YOU ARE TO PLAY TO YOUR WIN CONDITION. IF I THINK YOU ARE NOT AND I WARN YOU AND YOU DO IT ANYWAYS, I WILL EXPLAIN IN DETAIL TO THE MODS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND YOU WILL BE SUBJECTED TO PUNISHMENT IF THE MODS AGREE WITH ME
    GAME THROWING OR THREATENING TO GAME THROW IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
    THREATENING TO BREAK THE RULE IS JUST AS BAD AS BREAKING THEM IN MY GAMES.
    HAVE FUN!!!
    Last edited by Quick; August 10th, 2016 at 07:04 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM Surreptitious: The Game of Spies

Please state exactly what roles will be used, and what said roles do. If you would like an example, I would recommend checking out the https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-FM-Illuminati setup.

In addition to the above suggestion, I would recommend defining what a Hidden Mafia and a Hidden Town is.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Please state exactly what roles will be used, and what said roles do. If you would like an example, I would recommend checking out the https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-FM-Illuminati setup.

In addition to the above suggestion, I would recommend defining what a Hidden Mafia and a Hidden Town is.
    I should have stated this. This:

is a link.

So you could say any role in there is fair game. I also mentioned that there are no conflicts in night actions as well.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    I should have stated this. This:

is a link.

So you could say any role in there is fair game. I also mentioned that there are no conflicts in night actions as well.
    I'm only stating it now because MattZed or Orpz is going to tell you the same thing when they review it.
    Last edited by deathworlds; May 19th, 2016 at 07:54 PM.
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

5. ISO #5

I'm only stating it now because MattZed or Orpz is going to tell you the same thing when they review it.
    I mean, I can do that (basically copy paste all the applicable roles), but it seems a bit arbitrary to do so. But if you really think I need to do that, I can, I guess.

6. ISO #6

I mean, I can do that (basically copy paste all the applicable roles), but it seems a bit arbitrary to do so. But if you really think I need to do that, I can, I guess.
    Alright, just remember i'm just trying to help out, host to host ya know.
    fucketh me in the ass

7. ISO #7

Alright, just remember i'm just trying to help out, host to host ya know.
    Yeah, I might do it. I'll look into it and see if there is an easy way to do it (hopefully there is >.<).

But wait, what do you mean "define what is hidden?" Like I thought that is what I was suppose to do if those roles are unknown.

8. ISO #8

NVM, I'm just going to go ahead and do this.

9. ISO #9

But wait, what do you mean "define what is hidden?" Like I thought that is what I was suppose to do if those roles are unknown.
    I apologize I think I phrased that incorrectly. What I meant to say was "Some of the roles seem like they could be town, or mafia, could you please clarify which roles are what alignment(s)?".
    fucketh me in the ass

10. ISO #10

I apologize I think I phrased that incorrectly. What I meant to say was "Some of the roles seem like they could be town, or mafia, could you please clarify which roles are what alignment(s)?".
    I'm just going to go ahead and give a role list like I'ma pose to. All available roles will be links, so people can look up the specific roles.

11. ISO #11

I'm just going to go ahead and give a role list like I'ma pose to. All available roles will be links, so people can look up the specific roles.
    I am guessing that MattZed / Orpz will insist the role cards be contained within the thread and not linked to another site, which in theory, could be changed, etc. Everything should be in one place for ease of reference and to reduce the chance of any ambiguity during the game. The last thing you want is for there to be an in-game dispute about what a role specifically says / does.

12. ISO #12

YOU ARE TO PLAY TO YOUR WIN CONDITION. IF I THINK YOU ARE NOT AND I WARN YOU AND YOU DO IT ANYWAYS, YOU WILL NOT BE PLAYING IN ANY MORE OF MY GAMES
    Pretty sure the highlighted is prohibited by our Forum Mafia rules. We have a disciplinary process for anything that goes on during a game which should not be occurring, but last I checked, hosts cannot unilaterally prohibit players from signing for their games. Obviously, @Orpz / @MattZed can opine further on this.

13. ISO #13

I'll have a full review of this setup either later tonight or tomorrow. From a quick glance, the setup mostly looks fine, but there are some site-specific things to deal with, some of which Darkness has brought up. I'd prefer rolecards be posted here in the thread exactly as you'd PM them to players, so no one has an advantage by being able to quote their rolecard. As for rules, I can't let you ban people from your future games, but I assure you that playing against one's wincon will be severely punished in other ways. As for twilight, using the site's vote system, the thread auto-locks upon a lynch, so you don't need to worry about it. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

14. ISO #14

I'll have a full review of this setup either later tonight or tomorrow. From a quick glance, the setup mostly looks fine, but there are some site-specific things to deal with, some of which Darkness has brought up. I'd prefer rolecards be posted here in the thread exactly as you'd PM them to players, so no one has an advantage by being able to quote their rolecard. As for rules, I can't let you ban people from your future games, but I assure you that playing against one's wincon will be severely punished in other ways. As for twilight, using the site's vote system, the thread auto-locks upon a lynch, so you don't need to worry about it. =)
    OK, I'll be sure to make role card for all available roles, but I'm not quite sure how to do that at this point. I might need a little help with some of the peripherals such as making rolecards.

15. ISO #15

OK, I'll be sure to make role card for all available roles, but I'm not quite sure how to do that at this point. I might need a little help with some of the peripherals such as making rolecards.
    I wouldn't get too hung up on the "card" part of role cards. All we're suggesting this that you add a section of your setup which lists each possible role and all of the abilities / instructions related to that role so that all of the game information is contained in the thread as opposed to needing to refer to external links. This should match the role information that you send players via PM when you give them their roles. For example, take a look at the role sections of the following three recently posted setups:

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...FM-Stay-Classy
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...1-S-FM-Sandbox
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-Normalcy-Mini
    Last edited by DarknessB; May 20th, 2016 at 04:24 PM.

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    I wouldn't get too hung up on the "card" part of role cards. All we're suggesting this that you add a section of your setup which lists each possible role and all of the abilities / instructions related to that role so that all of the game information is contained in the thread as opposed to needing to refer to external links. This should match the role information that you send players via PM when you give them their roles. For example, take a look at the role sections of the following three recently posted setups:

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...FM-Stay-Classy
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...1-S-FM-Sandbox
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...-Normalcy-Mini
    K, I'll get to doing that soon. Busy atm, but as soon as my commitment is over <30min, I will start working on it.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    i am taking you are using nar?
    Are you asking about certain investigative results?

will hydras be allowed?
    Yes, I will take Hydra as long as one member has played at least 3 games.

Actually, @MattZed ,

can I make a rule that you have to have played in X number of games to play in this game?

20. ISO #20

Actually, @MattZed ,

can I make a rule that you have to have played in X number of games to play in this game?
    You can't prohibit people from signing for your game, but you are allowed to set rules for Archons. (known as hydras on some other sites)

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

A few tidying things first: (get to these at your leisure)
    On this site, we usually list the actions that happen first at the start of the Order of Operations. Reordering the list as such should make it more natural for players reading your setup for the first time.

It would be helpful if the rolecards have the role highlighted with their alignment's color, so this can be gauged at a glance.

Please provide a list of all possible feedback a player could receive in the game.

I have a few name-changes to suggest to be more in-line with how roles are usually named on our site:
    Townie --> Citizen
    Cop --> Sheriff
    Role Cop --> Investigator
    Watcher --> Lookout
    Goon --> Mafioso

How many groups at the start, 3?

Are last wills and/or death notes allowed? (usual on our site is LW's yes, DN's no)

Bodyguards die if the person they protect is attacked, yes?

What does the Follower learn, exactly? What types of actions were performed, what the targets were, or something else?

Are any of the roles, if they appear, necessarily unique?

Can there be a deputy but no Cop?

What feedback does someone get if they attempt to visit someone who commuted or was rolestopped?

Is it possible for there to be more than one traitor?

I assume Mafia share a night chat and, aside from Traitors, know all other members?

Will the Day Phase I votes be public or private?

Suggestion: Make Day Phase II 24 hours; 48 hours is enough time to pick a group and then decide on a lynch.

Suggestion: When down to a second day of 2 groups, eliminate Day Phase I and skip to a 48 hour Phase II, since we all know which group is getting picked.

For your question earlier, setting it up so only those not in the chosen group can vote is easy to do with our voting system; ask me closer to your game's start and I can explain this in more detail for you.

26. ISO #26

On this site, we usually list the actions that happen first at the start of the Order of Operations. Reordering the list as such should make it more natural for players reading your setup for the first time.
    I actually have a question about this. The way I am picturing the roles working is for all the Action Investigations (see order of operations), I would like them to be able to detect the NK if they are Town. So I assume that NK would have to be first or last in the order, but I'm guessing it would have to be first? I feel like its just a matter of how it looks to people since most things don't conflict. I will look at other setups and try and figure this out myself first, however.

It would be helpful if the rolecards have the role highlighted with their alignment's color, so this can be gauged at a glance.
    I can definitely do that. Just a matter of knowing how to make rolecards though. I will include red or green in the role PMs so it is easy to identify what team that player is on.

Please provide a list of all possible feedback a player could receive in the game.
    I will do this. Look for it at the end of Order of Night Actions. Unless you think I should put it in the Rolecards?

I have a few name-changes to suggest to be more in-line with how roles are usually named on our site:
    Townie --> Citizen
    Cop --> Sheriff
    Role Cop --> Investigator
    Watcher --> Lookout
    Goon --> Mafioso
    This is perfectly fine by me I will change the names so people can understand them better.

How many groups at the start, 3?
    Yes, starts out with 3 GROUPS of 5 Players.

Are last wills and/or death notes allowed? (usual on our site is LW's yes, DN's no)
    I can indeed have last wills in this game. Don't know what a death note is though.

Bodyguards die if the person they protect is attacked, yes?
    Yes. Bodyguard protects them with their life, like jumping in front of a bullet.

What does the Follower learn, exactly? What types of actions were performed, what the targets were, or something else?
    The follower is kinda like a role cop, but their result is based on what kind of ability was used ie. Action Investigation, Role Investigation. These two are really the only ones that the follower doesn't know exactly which role that player has if they get a result, though I may rework some things to make it even more ambiguous for them.

Are any of the roles, if they appear, necessarily unique?
    What do you mean by unique?

Can there be a deputy but no Cop?
    No. If there is a deputy, there is guaranteed to be a cop in the game.

What feedback does someone get if they attempt to visit someone who commuted or was rolestopped?
    They would get a result of N/A. So it would be the same as if that person made no Night Actions according to say, a tracker. Basically you are either going to get a result or N/A. This would work with Cops too. If they investigate someone and they are rolestopped they will get a result of N/A

Is it possible for there to be more than one traitor?
    No, there can only be one traitor in the game if there is one.

I assume Mafia share a night chat and, aside from Traitors, know all other members?
    Correct.

Will the Day Phase I votes be public or private?
    All voting will be public. I will say that I don't want anyone who's group was chosen to be able to vote, so if there is a way to keep people from voting with the way voting works on this forum that could eliminate a potential hassle from the get go.

Suggestion: Make Day Phase II 24 hours; 48 hours is enough time to pick a group and then decide on a lynch.
    I think That can work, but I do think that players need ample time to decide who to lynch because talking about the setup in this game is greatly encouraged to do in the game.

Suggestion: When down to a second day of 2 groups, eliminate Day Phase I and skip to a 48 hour Phase II, since we all know which group is getting picked.
    I don't follow. If there are two groups and town eliminate all mafia from one of those two groups it goes into one group. I don't know if that answers your question though.

For your question earlier, setting it up so only those not in the chosen group can vote is easy to do with our voting system; ask me closer to your game's start and I can explain this in more detail for you.
    That's fine as long as I don't have to try and figure it out while I'm actually running the game.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

unique:one role of it can only appear, IE traitor as you have said
    deathnote: a "last will" that scums can leave when killing someone
    NK: i would have it after investigatives for OoO. you could put a note by it if you put before saying *can be dtected by tracker
    Yes, all roles are unique.

I am guessing here but I am just assuming that death note is the same thing as last will except it is for mafia?

I'm going to go ahead and edit the OP again.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

That's the one I was debating. It could go either way. Either they get N/A or they get a result of "No one targeted this player." Still not sure which way I want to go with it.
    "No one targeted" is much more standard/expected on our site, but it's your call based on how you want to balance it.

33. ISO #33

"No one targeted" is much more standard/expected on our site, but it's your call based on how you want to balance it.
    I think for all the other roles I added that they at least got not result other than N/A, so that is what I will do for Lookout as well.

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

@MattZed ,

Do you think there is sufficient consequence to punish town for not picking a group/no-lynching?
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

36. ISO #36

@MattZed ,

Do you think there is sufficient consequence to punish town for not picking a group/no-lynching?
    Because I could kill a random Townie for there to be no majority on which group to choose. TBH I am a little concerned Town isn't going to have enough time to figure stuff out. That's why I suggested a 72 hour DPI + DPII.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

37. ISO #37

Death notes are notes left by the killer on the victim. For example if a mafioso killed someone they could leave a message that would be revealed saying anything they wanted like x player is y or I love bacon haha.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Death notes are notes left by the killer on the victim. For example if a mafioso killed someone they could leave a message that would be revealed saying anything they wanted like x player is y or I love bacon haha.
    K, so I assume they have a strategic purpose but don't really know what that would be. I am guessing it is kinda situational. Can you say more about why a Host would want death notes in their game?
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

39. ISO #39

K, so I assume they have a strategic purpose but don't really know what that would be. I am guessing it is kinda situational. Can you say more about why a Host would want death notes in their game?
    They can make the game more interesting. If they're in the game the killer doesn't have to leave one.
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

40. ISO #40

They can make the game more interesting. If they're in the game the killer doesn't have to leave one.
    That doesn't tell me the strategic use for them when considering if you want them in your setup or not. Like is it just a thing for fun? I'm not getting it.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

41. ISO #41

That doesn't tell me the strategic use for them when considering if you want them in your setup or not. Like is it just a thing for fun? I'm not getting it.
    They can leave false info or real info in the note.
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

42. ISO #42

They can leave false info or real info in the note.
    K, seems a little too peripheral for this kind of game, but thanks for explaining it.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

it would be intresting with traitor to leave deathnotes to signal.
    I could see that. Could make for a very cryptic game along with all the other stuff.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

45. ISO #45

@ika , made me realize (somehow) that the game could be over by day one if there is a traitor and under certain conditions so I have added something to the role of Traitor.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

@Quick , you are approved to post signups for our first 15-player S-FM. =)
    Thanks so much, Matt. My baby is finally going to see the light of day. I'll start recruiting as soon as I make the sign up thread.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

49. ISO #49

"All Votes are decided by a majority (>50%) of those able to vote. Once a majority is chosen, not future votes will count.
    Player's role and alignment are given upon death."

Does that mean there is no un-voting/revoting/"shennanies" once 50% majority is attained? Is there un-voting/revoting before that 50% is reached?
    I'm just playing games, I know that's plastic love. -- бум бум сучка!

50. ISO #50

Quote Originally Posted by JealousTL View Post
    "All Votes are decided by a majority (>50%) of those able to vote. Once a majority is chosen, not future votes will count.
    Player's role and alignment are given upon death."

Does that mean there is no un-voting/revoting/"shennanies" once 50% majority is attained? Is there un-voting/revoting before that 50% is reached?
    For both Choosing the group and on lynch, the thread automatically will lock when a >50% majority is chosen. For Choosing Groups, I will note the time that the thread was locked and add that time to the remainder of the day. You may vote and unvote as many times as you would like until a majority is chosen.
    Mafia Record:
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out