Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kill Deathfire

3 75.00%
  • Spare Deathfire

1 25.00%
  1. ISO #1

Alternate Options

One alternate option which I thought of for Deathfire is if we spare him tonight, and promise to take him to the end. From there, for are Night 2 deathnote, we claim that we jailed Lucifer N1, and that if Jesus reveals himself, we can easily score a Humanity-Roman-Eternity victory. With Deathfires help, it could work. If we manage to lynch Jesus D3, we can easily win with sin.

It may not work, but I'm making sure we know all the options. Would like to hear feedback before I make an absolute final desicion.

Edit: This was just to make sure we knew all are options. I'm just about to order Deathfires executuion
    Last edited by ; November 25th, 2011 at 09:19 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Alternate Options

Quote Originally Posted by Auckmid View Post
    If we manage to lynch Jesus D3, we can easily win with sin.
    I assume you meant eternity there? Winning with sin would require your death unless you're banking on the fact that Deathfire actually does have a demon inside of him and would then communicate with Lucifer at a later date all of our names and then trust that we'd be spared.

I don't know, I see a few problems with this strategy, especially after looking over previous FM's.

1) Let's say Eternity reads our death note and believes us (they could not, but best case scenario they do). Now in their minds, "huzzah! Rome found Lucifer and can lynch him whenever we're ready." There's no reason for them to give up Jesus until they're comfortable, which they have to do anyway. Since we supposedly have Lucifer's identity, in their minds we'll just announce it once they've gotten around to giving up Jesus. So you're not delivering any kind of ultimatum to them. They know we can't kill Lucifer without them, so we could just be sitting on Lucifer's identity all game until Eternity controls all of the important roles.

2) Sin reads the death note and knows that you don't actually have his identity, but they will see you specifically as a threat now. Because they can assume one of two things: either it's a complete bluff, and you know nothing and you're just trying to kill Jesus for yourself quickly (which they'd have obvious problems with), OR, that the person you jailed night one told you they were Lucifer, and you believed them. And with that information, you've tried to strike up a deal with Eternity. This puts pressure on Sin to be pro-active in finding you and killing you, if they aren't already. As of right now we only have one legionnaire to back you up, and Pilate needs protection too, so stirring the hornet's nest with a bluff might not be the best strategy.

3) Assuming that even if this plan could work to our advantage, why would we risk it on a Sinner? It would be much better to have jailed a commoner, or some other humanity role that just wants to survive without a lot of utility, such as a Seer. Since, after all, a Sinner has the potential to be a demon. And if we let a demon escape our grasp, we are only making them more powerful, and giving ourselves a harder time in the future. Not to mention the fact that late game the Sinners will want to come after you specifically in order to bolster their own forces, and as I mentioned in #2, this plan would put an even bigger target on your head from their perspective.

In conclusion: I like thinking outside of the box, and this plan might work better with someone else having been jailed, but I think we should keep a strict policy of killing off sinners whenever we get the chance. ESPECIALLY since it will put us in good graces with both humanity and eternity, who are much more likely to win this game than Sin. The only reason we would have for going with this plan would be if we planned to win with Sin, which would involve your death.

3. ISO #3

Re: Alternate Options

According to the role directory you dont have a limited number of executes.

If he claims Sinner then he might be a demon.

We really need to pick our alignment here. Are we going to try to win with sin or humanity?

Jesus needs to die regardless iirc.

It seems like it'd be easier to go with Humanity and just try to kill off as many sin as possible, ensuring we have bodyguards on Tiberius at all times, and just get our soul of the beast to day kill Jesus on day 5.

If we are going down that road, we have to kill this guy.

4. ISO #4