Site Improvements for Forum Mafia.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Site Improvements for Forum Mafia.

Just want to list a few suggestions that would improve our forum mafia games.
    Any ideas?

Vote counter: A tool, added to posts. Counting the current vote count up to that post.

Player Vote tool: A tool which collects a list of all votes made by that player or made on that player.

Game clock: A clock built into the site, that on a forum mafia game, will countdown to the day/night end. [So it's easily views on any page]

ISO tool: A tool that let's you easily gather all of a players posts for a topic page. So it's easily viewable and portable.

Night chats/dead chats: some form of easy way to crate night chats or dead chats on the forum without having to use external websites.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Site Improvements for Forum Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    If there was a simpler way to make and use them. Would be nice.
    It's way more simple to make a QT than to have to set permissions over and over.

But I do like the other ideas. Would be handy in a game.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; February 29th, 2016 at 10:21 AM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    It's way more simple to make a QT than to have to set permissions over and over.

But I do like the other ideas. Would be handy in a game.
    True. But switching the websites is that little irritation that gets to me.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

6. ISO #6

The idea is to get a group of these ideas.
    Then make this public.

And the next step is finding someone who can do it.

May require a fundraiser, for a new license and maybe to pay a freelancer coder to implement them.

So basically:
    1. Initial Plan and suggestions.
    2. Public plan and suggestions.
    3. Fundraiser if needed.
    Cryptonic made this sig

gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

7. ISO #7

True. But switching the websites is that little irritation that gets to me.
    Yea, I fully agree.

Hmm, maybe there is a plugin that would allow there to be more highly-private groups, where you can only see the content if you're invited to the group. Although, admin+smod would be able to see them still, so not sure if that could work. Hmmm

8. ISO #8

We could also make some Subforums that are password-restricted, and just change the password for each M-FM, S-FM. Then give Password to host and they can give it out as needed.

That's a lot easier than changing permissions every game, just gotta change the password.

Con could be that it might clutter board, but I would give it all away in a smaller subforum so it stays hidden from the main page.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Just want to list a few suggestions that would improve our forum mafia games.
    Any ideas?

Vote counter: A tool, added to posts. Counting the current vote count up to that post.

Player Vote tool: A tool which collects a list of all votes made by that player or made on that player.

Game clock: A clock built into the site, that on a forum mafia game, will countdown to the day/night end. [So it's easily views on any page]

ISO tool: A tool that let's you easily gather all of a players posts for a topic page. So it's easily viewable and portable.

Night chats/dead chats: some form of easy way to crate night chats or dead chats on the forum without having to use external websites.
    1) Yes, definitely would be nice for VCA.

2) Perhaps also showing what post they voted who and when the vote changed. If this somehow also showed day/night that would be awesome but might make it complicated.

3) Yes!!!!! I hate Alphaomega shit or w/e everyone uses. If we can get this to also link to game so it locks game at end of days that would be awesome too.

4) Some added features to an ISO tool would obviously be:
    Full posts of players, not fragments.
    Last activity of player, showing when last time they voted.
    Highlighting players dead/replaced. This might be impractical don't know.

5) would be nice, but I don't think we will be getting this in near future.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

11. ISO #11

Oops could probably do all of these in a couple of weeks or really a few days if he wanted to. Ask him nicely.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    why?
    cause then I would lose the ability to laugh @ people failing multi-quotes

Multi-quote isn't a quick post tool, should clear the cookies automatically when you do full reply to thread.

But obviously I am being sarcastic, would be nice if quick reply cleared the cookies as well.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; February 29th, 2016 at 12:40 PM. Reason: merge

17. ISO #17

I like these ideas, but I'm not sure you'd be able to get money for a freelancer coder. Our best bet is to ask oops or Glip to code it in. I think Oops did the current vote counter, and it's really good.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

18. ISO #18

I really love the idea of attaching a post counter to games. It is such a huge pain in the ass to go through an entire game and quantify players activity level. Creating that would help get rid of the lurk to win nonsense that poisons some games.

Also to create a separate section for the dead chats it could be done pretty simply. We could just create a side url for it outside of our VBullitin but still under our domain and attach some kind of simple forum to it while not listing created threads. Then you will have to know the URL to access the thread and nobody will every have to touch any permissions. Pretty much the same as we currently do with other web sights. It might have a few vulnerabilities to a person who is smart enough though..

I would also suggest that most of these things already exist. I bet its just a matter of finding it and addressing bugs.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

19. ISO #19

Moved to Site Discussion
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

20. ISO #20

I think a tagging tool would be very beneficial as well.

For example, @Brendan would send Brendan an alert saying he was mentioned in this post.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

I have an ISO script, although it fails to catch some users whose names don't follow the same format as most of the others. Still, should be an easy fix, and the issue only exists because I've been too lazy to work on it.
    I'll see if I can get myself to spend an hour tweaking it during the week.

A Player Vote tool was something I was considering working on, but never got to it. It would basically be a matter of requesting each page of the thread and looking for vote tags, then simply checking for the author of said post. Then you'd save the information and the last post checked in a cookie to avoid having to send unnecessary requests on future checks. Something like that.

Whatever the case, having a built-in tool which automatically does the things you mention would be nice.
    Last edited by Sen; March 1st, 2016 at 03:29 PM.

23. ISO #23

The best tool I have seen is the one Mafia Universe uses. It lets you request an automated post that shows votes, posts in that game and time left. The real benifit of it is that its tagged into the thread so you can go back and reference it later.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    can you uploard that plugin to somethign so i can download it sen?
    Spoiler : code :

Code:
    // ==UserScript==
    // @name		Mafia Filter
    // @icon		https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/favicon.ico
    // @description ♥
    // @namespace	SmVzdXMgd2FzIGEgZnVja2luZyB6b21iaWUu
    // @include		https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/*
    // @version		1.6.6
    // @run-at      document-end
    // @grant		none
    // ==/UserScript== 

var	
        names = [],
        posts = document.getElementsByClassName( 'postcontainer' ),
        postCount = posts.length,
        users = getUsersFrom( posts );

names.sort( function(a, b){ return a.toLowerCase().localeCompare( b.toLowerCase() ); } );
    	addMenu();

function addMenu() { 
    	var menu = document.createElement( 'li' );

menu.innerHTML = '<h6><a class="popupctrl" href="javascript:void(0);">Filter</a></h6></li>';
    	menu.addEventListener( 'click', showMenu, false );
    	menu.setAttribute( 'class', 'popupmenu' );
    	menu.setAttribute( 'id', 'filtergmenu' );
    	document.getElementById( 'votecounter' ).parentNode.insertBefore( menu, document.getElementById( 'votecounter' ) );
    	menu.appendChild( createMenu() );  
    }	

function showMenu( event ) {
    	if( document.getElementById( 'hidemenu' ).style.display === 'block' )
    		document.getElementById( 'hidemenu' ).style.display = 'none';
    	else	
    		document.getElementById( 'hidemenu' ).setAttribute( 'style', "display : block;  left : -37px;  top : -126px;" );  // POSITION
    }

function hideMenu( event ) {
    	document.getElementById( 'hidemenu' ).setAttribute( 'style', "display : none" );
    }

function selectUser( user ){
    	var current = -1;
    	while( ++current < postCount )
    		posts[ current ].style.display = '';
    	var name = names[ user ];
    	current = -1;
    	while( ++current < postCount)
    		if( posts[ current ].innerHTML.indexOf( '<span class="' + users[ name ] + '>' + name + '<' ) == -1 )
    			posts[ current ].style.display= 'none';
    }

function showAll() {
    	var current = -1;
    	while( ++current < postCount )
    		posts[ current ].style.display = '';
    }

function search() {
    	var 
            user = prompt ( 'Enter username (case sensitive).' ),
            current = -1;        

if( user == null )
    		return;    
    	while( ++current < postCount)
            if( posts[ current ].innerHTML.indexOf( '>' + user + '</span>' ) == -1)
    			posts[ current ].style.display = 'none';
    }

function createMenu() {
    	var 
            totalNames = names.length,
            current = -1,
            u = document.createElement( 'ul' ),
            l = document.createElement( 'li' ),
            a = document.createElement( 'a' ),
            t = document.createTextNode( 'ALL' );

u.setAttribute( 'class', 'popupbody' );
    	u.setAttribute( 'id', 'hidemenu' );
    	u.setAttribute( 'style', 'display : none;' );
    	a.setAttribute( 'style', 'text-align : center; color : #00ff00;' );
    	a.setAttribute( 'href', 'javascript: void( 0 );' );
    	a.addEventListener( 'click', showAll, false );
    	a.appendChild( t );
    	l.appendChild( a );
    	u.appendChild( l );
    	l = document.createElement( 'li' );
    	a = document.createElement( 'a' );
    	a.setAttribute( 'style', 'text-align : center; color : #ffff00;' );
    	a.addEventListener( 'click', search, false );
    	t = document.createTextNode( 'Other' );
    	a.appendChild( t );
    	l.appendChild( a );
    	u.appendChild( l );
    	while( ++current < totalNames ) {
    		l = document.createElement( 'li' );
    		a = document.createElement( 'a' );
    		a.setAttribute( 'style', 'text-align : center;' );
    		a.addEventListener( 'click', ( function( I ) { return function() { selectUser( I ) }; } )( current ), false);
    		t = document.createTextNode( names[ current ] );
    		a.appendChild( t );
    		l.appendChild( a );
    		u.appendChild( l );
    	}
    	return u;
    }

function getUsersFrom( data ) {
    	var 
            u = { },
            current = 0,
            currentUserType = -1,
            playerClass='',
            playerClasses = ['vip', 'registereduser', 'respected', 'donor', 'patron', 'moderator', 'keeper', 'admin', 'supermoderator', 'fmmvp', 'benefactor', 'warden'],
            classCount = playerClasses.length,
            inner = '',
            user = '';

while( ++currentUserType < classCount ) {
    		current = -1,
    		playerClass = playerClasses[ currentUserType ] + '"';
    		while( ++current < postCount ) {
    			inner = data[ current ].innerHTML;
    			if( inner.indexOf( 'span class="' + playerClass + '>' ) )
    				user = inner.substring( inner.indexOf( playerClass + '>' ) + ( ( playerClass.length ) + 1 ), inner.indexOf( '<', inner.indexOf( playerClass + '>' ) ) );
    			if( user )
    				if( user.indexOf( '!' ) == -1 ) {
    					if( u [ user ] )
    						continue;
    					u[ user ] = playerClass;
    					names[ names.length ] = user;
    				}			
    		}
    	}	
    	return u;
    }

As it is right now, it won't work with users with weird formatting in their names (ie; the ones whose names are just a bold and color tag instead of an user group).

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I can tell u the html code formatting for the user groups if that helps you, Sen.
    Thanks, although the issue is with names that don't follow the general rules for user groups; it's just a matter of adding some special rules for the exceptions.

Most users names follow the format: <span class="userGroupName">Player Name</span>
    Yet there are a few weird ones that are like <span class="userGroupName"><b>Player Name</b></span> (NoctiZ falls into this category), and then some others which are <span style="color:#COLOR!;">Player Name</span> (FM accounts, and a couple of normal accounts).

It's just a matter of adding a couple extra lines to catch those names, but I hate working with markup languages, and JS isn't my favorite either, so anytime I think about fixing it, my mind immediatly comes up with a thousand other activities which suddenly sound like a better use of my time. lol

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    Thanks, although the issue is with names that don't follow the general rules for user groups; it's just a matter of adding some special rules for the exceptions.

Most users names follow the format: <span class="userGroupName">Player Name</span>
    Yet there are a few weird ones that are like <span class="userGroupName"><b>Player Name</b></span> (NoctiZ falls into this category), and then some others which are <span style="color:#COLOR!;">Player Name</span> (FM accounts, and a couple of normal accounts).

It's just a matter of adding a couple extra lines to catch those names, but I hate working with markup languages, and JS isn't my favorite either, so anytime I think about fixing it, my mind immediatly comes up with a thousand other activities which suddenly sound like a better use of my time. lol
    Try using Node.textContent with String.prototype.trim() instead of Node.innerHTML. That way it doesn't matter what HTML they use because it only grabs the text.

EDIT: There is a slight complication with certain staff accounts like Cryptonic who have an actual script tag in their username block. In that case, remove the script tag before parsing. This code seems to work (just grabbing the username of the first post on the page for proof of concept):

Code:
    var username = document.getElementsByClassName('userinfo')[0].getElementsByClassName('username')[0];

username.getElementsByTagName('script')[0].remove();
    console.log(username.textContent.trim()); // spits out "Cryptonic" on this page of this thread and "SuperJack" on the first page
    Last edited by Makaze; April 29th, 2016 at 09:34 AM.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

32. ISO #32

@Cryptonic has told me about something I think would be very cool to "fix". I think it would be cool if the vote counter counted the votes in order, rather than random order, or whatever order is in place now. Also, I highly second an ISO tool. At MafiaScum you can ISO up to 3 people at a time. Really good tool to see if someone or group never brings up or talks to someone.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out

33. ISO #33

Quote Originally Posted by Quick View Post
    @Cryptonic has told me about something I think would be very cool to "fix". I think it would be cool if the vote counter counted the votes in order, rather than random order, or whatever order is in place now. Also, I highly second an ISO tool. At MafiaScum you can ISO up to 3 people at a time. Really good tool to see if someone or group never brings up or talks to someone.
    this.