Problem viewing mafia replays
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Problem viewing mafia replays

There was a replay I wanted to submit that showed someone revealing all mafia on day 1, but it was a few games ago and thus I'm not sure what file it may have been. Unfortunately I was having problems viewing some of my replays because I got a popup UI which was, I think, the one intended for donors to put in their code.

Is there some way to circumvent/close this UI when watching replays? As it stands, it failed to load the actual replay and instead showed a game where default settings were chosen, people are assigned random names, the chat can't be read etc.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Problem viewing mafia replays

Well, the thing is I'm unsure which replay it was. It was a game that took place yesterday... There was some guy who named himself Adolf Hitler who was a framer, who revealed the other framer and the GF who was named Angela Merkel. I was a sheriff in the game myself.

I have several replays from that day which I'm unable to review. Should I post all of them? Or is it not worth the time and effort and should I simply file my report right away next time?

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

Yeah i checked both and well, they don't work for me like they should.
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Not working for me either. It's as if the players got separated from the replay file.

I think how starcraft replays work is that the only thing they actually store are the player's interactions (things they type and click)...and then when the replay plays, it loads the game script and then it literally plays the game again, just using the recorded actions. This must be why they are so small in size. If those actions get corrupted somehow, then the replay is shot to hell.

Reminds me of the ol' SC1 days when they introduced replays. I would try to speed through them but one action would slip up, and suddenly the whole thing plays out differently than it had in the actual game.

11. ISO #11
    Yayap

I've seen this bug before on different maps. The good news is that it's not DRs fault. The bad news is that it's on Blizzards side and you can't file in any reports with that replay.

I've even had some of my 1v1s get corrupted like that and the replay is completely not the game I played. It throws in what a very AI would do instead of human players. The Box you see is the box you put in your Mafia ID when you first play the game for Bank purposes.

Btw, this should have been placed into the Bug Report section.

12. ISO #12