Lunavium's Bite-Sized Lateral Puzzle #1
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Question Lunavium's Bite-Sized Lateral Puzzle #1

Thought I should get a taste of this action. Not going to get too heavy, just a simple puzzle or two. As usual, Yes or No questions can be asked for clues, but only if I feel it's necessary - I think some of you will probably see the answers immediately anyway.

Alright, let's get started;

A man was challenged to go around the world in a ship, yet always stay in sight of land. He succeeded, but how?
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Lunavium's Bite-Sized Lateral Puzzle #1

These easy puzzles will be the building blocks to a brighter and convoluted future!

Puzzle #2 then:

Jacob was sailing in the ocean when he came across an abandoned Yacht. Corpses were floating around it. What happened?
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Dust basically has the answer, it's a classic puzzle, they forgot to put out the ladder before they dived overboard for a swim.

Still on the bunny slopes, another quick one before I head off to bed - I'm assuming Dust will have answered it by the morning.

Puzzle #3:

Two rival executives at a car firm are at a lawyer's office, having their deceased bosses last will read to them. Their boss had decided the future of the company would be decided by a race; each of the executives must drive from their headquarters in New York to a factory in Philadelphia. The executive whose car arrives last will win.

Puzzled, they both mull this idea over in the office. Together, they ask another employee for advice. Upon hearing his words, they both rush off towards their cars and begin driving to Philadelphia. What was the advice the other employee gave them?

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Correct, obviously. Still on the easy ones

Puzzle #4:

Alan and Marie are walking along next to each other when Marie steps in a hole. Alan then proceeds to shoot Marie. Why?

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    Marie is a horse!
    Correct!

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Hmm let's see, here's one I remember;

A man takes the train from Liverpool to London. He returns later that day on the same train, but halfway through the journey jumps out of his seat, shrieking, and jumps off the train killing himself. Why?

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

No he does not fear a traincrash

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Well I'm off to bed now, will answer any questions in the morning should they arise

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

i bet its simple somehow. who says its a standart train? Or maybe he realised that it sucks being british and killed himself :-P
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

If that is the case the language barrier got me.
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

No to all of the above

Consider the reasons for his journey

26. ISO #26

well if i hear Liverpool and London in one sentence i have to think about the Beatles and thats it.

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    well if i hear Liverpool and London in one sentence i have to think about the Beatles and thats it.
    It would be hilarious if the man was that guy that used to be in the band but left. Then he heard the beetles music on the train and freaked out realizing they'd made it without him.

28. ISO #28

A few intermediate questions are in order...

Was he traveling to London for business?
    Was he traveling to London for pleasure (ex. to meet up with someone)?
    Was he traveling to London for less than legal reasons?
    Did he travel to London alone?
    Did he travel from London alone?
    Did he communicate to anyone while on the train?

29. ISO #29

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    They went to swim but their weight on the boat kept the ladder close to the water so they couldn't get back up and they drowned.
    I'm not gonna lie. This made my day. Hehe. Sumi is amused.

As for the current puzzle, maybe another nuance of grammar? As in, he literally "took" the train, as in stealing it by way of hijacking? And then the police caught up with him in which case he committed suicide? Or maybe he stole it and realized he got on the wrong train and what he wanted to steal was still in the other train?

Hrmm...

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by wolfcheese View Post
    A few intermediate questions are in order...

Was he traveling to London for business?
    Was he traveling to London for pleasure (ex. to meet up with someone)?
    Was he traveling to London for less than legal reasons?
    Did he travel to London alone?
    Did he travel from London alone?
    Did he communicate to anyone while on the train?
    Yes and Yes, Business and Pleasure
    No, nothing illegal
    Yes
    Yes
    No

31. ISO #31

No nothing like that Sumi

32. ISO #32

Either he got hypnotized or his cult leader died xD

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Oh I heard a similar one to do this about a no smoking section, so I'll see if you made changes to make this the answer:

Did he go to London to get his eyes fixed so he wouldn't be blind anymore? Then, on the way back he went through a tunnel and freaked out, thinking he'd lost his sight again?

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

Quote Originally Posted by TheWaaagh View Post
    Oh I heard a similar one to do this about a no smoking section, so I'll see if you made changes to make this the answer:

Did he go to London to get his eyes fixed so he wouldn't be blind anymore? Then, on the way back he went through a tunnel and freaked out, thinking he'd lost his sight again?
    Correct! I haven't heard a variation about a No Smoking section, but you're on the money

37. ISO #37

Oh now THAT was easy!......... xD

38. ISO #38

Ah nice, yeah the one I heard was that if there were no smokers, he would have freaked out and died. The idea being that once he was in the tunnel he would've thought he was blind, except he saw the embers off people's cigarettes and realized it was just a tunnel. Without the mentioning of smokers I was stumped since yours is essentially a much darker version of that story, ha.

39. ISO #39

Been a while since you could smoke on trains ^^ I think it would've been harder that way anyway, what would the story have been? "A dude mildly panicked whilst on a train, folks. Why?"

40. ISO #40