S-FM: Lynch Fetish

Lynch Fetish
    [8 Players]
    Setup is ready for review!
    Spoiler : Changelog :
    2/1/16 - Changed tie mechanics

1/31/16 - Setup Created

Summary:
    Jesters are the only scum and are trying to be lynched. To win, town needs to be lynched instead.

Roles List:
    Jester
    Jester
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen

Rolecards:
    Jester
    You know that XXX is the other Jester.
    No special abilities.
    Citizen
    No special abilities.
    Mechanics:
    Days last 48 hours or until a lynch has been achieved
    Lynch requires 51% votes and will use the [vote] tags
    If no one gets 51% of the votes the player with the most votes will be lynched
    There are no nights
    Last wills allowed
    Roles will be revealed in the graveyard

Tie vote mechanics:
    Ties will result in a random Jester being lynched unless the number of Citizens is one more than the number of Jesters remaining.
    If there is a tie when there is 1 more Citizen than Jesters, a Jester will be lynched if one among the the tie votes; otherwise a Citizen will be lynched.

Win Conditions:
    Jester: Get yourself and your partner lynched.
    Citizens: Have as many Citizens alive as there are Jesters.

Game ends when either win condition has been achieved.

Rules:
    1. Inactives will be replaced or modkilled.
    2.No out-of-game communication.
    3. No editing or deleting posts.
    4. No videos or links. (pictures OK, within reason)
    5. No invisible text.
    6. No quoting PM's.
    7. English only.
    Last edited by MattZed; March 1st, 2016 at 10:15 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM: Lynch Fetish

Quote Originally Posted by Sen View Post
    You should throw a Survivor into the mix, just to make someone sad.
    An interesting idea, but possibly unfair given how many people need to die for the game to even end; survivor wincon could be quite difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Obligatory question: Is suicide allowed?
    Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    I want Matt to play rather than host this, if it happens. I want to see Matt's no-vote pressure.
    Don't be silly; MattZed setups are supposed to mess with other people, not MattZed!

If you wanted to host this, I could permit it.

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Nah.

Don't be silly; MattZed setups are supposed to mess with other people, not MattZed!

If you wanted to host this, I could permit it.
    Pfff, I'm far too busy and important to do something like that, though the offer is appreciated.

Anyway, what's the balancing philosophy behind a save like this? Have you made it so that, by pure random lynch, there's a 50% winrate for town? Or is it more brutal? I can't begin to imagine lol.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Pfff, I'm far too busy and important to do something like that, though the offer is appreciated.

Anyway, what's the balancing philosophy behind a save like this? Have you made it so that, by pure random lynch, there's a 50% winrate for town? Or is it more brutal? I can't begin to imagine lol.
    My balancing philosophy was to make it ~50% winrate by random lynch, yeah. Currently, town wins 47.4% of the time by random lynch.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Request
    can we have random night action for jester
    For example
    Visit someone at night to annoy them
    just for the lols
    Listen here in Russian,ex forces and fought in the Afghan war and the first Chechen war I drink vodka and lived in England for 13 years wanna stop me try it.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Suntax View Post
    Request
    can we have random night action for jester
    For example
    Visit someone at night to annoy them
    just for the lols
    I had considered something like this, but I've currently cut the night phase to speed the game up. (deaths only happen due to lynches, so for town to win this game goes on through AT LEAST Day 5.)

14. ISO #14

I had considered something like this, but I've currently cut the night phase to speed the game up. (deaths only happen due to lynches, so for town to win this game goes on through AT LEAST Day 5.)
    Just add it in and make them send it during the day so when day ends its sent to player then new day opend
    Listen here in Russian,ex forces and fought in the Afghan war and the first Chechen war I drink vodka and lived in England for 13 years wanna stop me try it.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Do you think the setup encourages lurking? One thing I liked about the setup is that I thought scum would have to be active in order to get themselves lynched.
    Everyone on this site reads active = town and inactive = bad unfortunately
    :toad:

Spoiler : O.o :
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf
    Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Quote Originally Posted by Toadette View Post
    Everyone on this site reads active = town and inactive = bad unfortunately
    Which means active players will get lynched, yes. But it should also mean that everyone tries to be more active because everyone wants to get lynched.

20. ISO #20

Which means active players will get lynched, yes. But it should also mean that everyone tries to be more active because everyone wants to get lynched.
    No, the opposite. People think inactive = scum which encourages people to drop a vote, and then peace out yo be seen as scummy so as to be lynched

Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21. ISO #21

No, the opposite. People think inactive = scum which encourages people to drop a vote, and then peace out yo be seen as scummy so as to be lynched
    But why would you lynch someone who seems scummy?

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

But why would you lynch someone who seems scummy?
    Because they're trying to be scummy to be lynched since they're town lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24. ISO #24

Because they're trying to be scummy to be lynched since they're town lol
    But that assumes town is trying to lynch the scummiest players, when exactly the opposite is true; town should be lynching their strongest townreads.

25. ISO #25

But that assumes town is trying to lynch the scummiest players, when exactly the opposite is true; town should be lynching their strongest townreads.
    Ambitious thinking, hopefully that's how it'll go down

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26. ISO #26

Tie vote mechanics:
    If there is a tie when both Jesters are alive or there are 3+ Citizens, a random Jester will be lynched.
    If there is a tie when there is 1 Jester and 2 Citizens, the Jester will be lynched if he/she among the the tie votes; otherwise a Citizen will be lynched.
    Questions:
    • A tie between Citizen 1 and Citizen 2 D1 results in a random Jester lynch?
    • What happens in ties where 1 jester is left and 3+ Citizens remain?
    • MYLO tie breakers make sense.

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Questions:
    In order:
    • Correct. If town has enough votes to to hammer one of their own, they should be punished for failing to lynch anyone.
    • A jester wins in the event of a tie in 1v3. Town's winning strategy is to find one town, place two votes on them, and then have that town not vote. I may modify this to behave like the 1v2 MYLO.
    • Ty. The final lynches are a bit odd because town needs to lynch themselves all while having killed off their voting power. I had considered doing something like letting the dead vote, but I think the current tie mechanics are sufficient. I'm open to alternative suggestions for the endgame votes, though. I've also thought of disabling hammers at 1v3 and 1v2 and making everyone have to vote, and Jester wins if they get any votes. (random cit lynch otherwise)

28. ISO #28

Questions:
    In order:
    • Correct. If town has enough votes to to hammer one of their own, they should be punished for failing to lynch anyone.
    D1 requires 5 town votes to hammer. That would require perfect play D1 from Town to hammer correctly. Anyways, thanks for clarifying the open advantage for jesters in ties.

• A jester wins in the event of a tie in 1v3. Town's winning strategy is to find one town, place two votes on them, and then have that town not vote. I may modify this to behave like the 1v2 MYLO.
    You just modified your rules with this answer?
    So let's say D1 jester is lynched because 2 votes on Citizen 1, 2 votes on Citizen 2, 1 vote on Citizen 3, 1 vote on Citizen 4.
    It's 1 jester with 3+ citizens (6 citizens) D2.
    If the tie repeats 2 votes on Citizen 1, 2 votes on Citizen 2, 1 vote on Citizen 3, 1 vote on Citizen 4.
    You're saying jester wins according to your answer.
    So: ties always result in jester lynch except for 2v1 would be more comprehensive and easier to understand.
    Toadette's first hosted game used a similar mechanic that could have resulted in a D1 town loss. I'd consider putting a rule in forcing everyone to vote while 2 jesters exist as a lesson from that game.

• Ty. The final lynches are a bit odd because town needs to lynch themselves all while having killed off their voting power. I had considered doing something like letting the dead vote, but I think the current tie mechanics are sufficient. I'm open to alternative suggestions for the endgame votes, though. I've also thought of disabling hammers at 1v3 and 1v2 and making everyone have to vote, and Jester wins if they get any votes. (random cit lynch otherwise)
    In 2v1 your vote system makes 100% sense. No need to change it.

**disabling hammers at 1v2 and 1v3 seems unnecessary
    Last edited by Frog; February 3rd, 2016 at 02:29 AM.

29. ISO #29

You just modified your rules with this answer?
    So let's say D1 jester is lynched because 2 votes on Citizen 1, 2 votes on Citizen 2, 1 vote on Citizen 3, 1 vote on Citizen 4.
    It's 1 jester with 3+ citizens (6 citizens) D2.
    If the tie repeats 2 votes on Citizen 1, 2 votes on Citizen 2, 1 vote on Citizen 3, 1 vote on Citizen 4.
    You're saying jester wins according to your answer.
    So: ties always result in jester lynch except for 2v1 would be more comprehensive and easier to understand.
    Toadette's first hosted game used a similar mechanic that could have resulted in a D1 town loss. I'd consider putting a rule in forcing everyone to vote while 2 jesters exist as a lesson from that game.
    If town is so bad at voting that they create ties early on, I believe they should be punished as this is a discussion-oriented nightless setup. Remember that it's still majority lynch, so they don't need to necessarily get everyone on board, but they shouldn't be splitting votes every which way and hoping to win. I do realize the potential for Jesters to sneak in a last-minute vote to tie things up, and I may put something in to prevent this.

I can't really force people to vote, because modkilling someone helps their team. If I punished town non-voting by having a Jester be lynched, then I'd end up confirming town.

I had previously considered a "random tied person is lynched" system, (except for 1v2, of course, where it's not fair) but it really puts the game too much to chance with how critical those random lynches could be; I'd rather have a system where town is strongly motivated to lynch and there's no chance factor involved in them failing to even get a plurality of votes on someone.

30. ISO #30

I can't really force people to vote, because modkilling someone helps their team. If I punished town non-voting by having a Jester be lynched, then I'd end up confirming town.
    You can... Wait for all players to submit votes. Even if deadline is passed.

There are repercussions for rulebreakers. Confirm with Orpz but I believe it's something like:
    Any game signed for will result in last alternate for this and next season.
    Host has discretion to omit signed player without penalty.

Either way. Would you prefer all players vote?

31. ISO #31

You can... Wait for all players to submit votes. Even if deadline is passed.

There are repercussions for rulebreakers. Confirm with Orpz but I believe it's something like:
    Any game signed for will result in last alternate for this and next season.
    Host has discretion to omit signed player without penalty.

Either way. Would you prefer all players vote?
    51% should be good enough

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    do jesters have a shared QT/chat or do they jsut know each others identities?
    There are no secret chats. They simply know each other from rolecard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    You need to fix your citizen wincon. Just missing "many" or a similar word.
    This is interesting though. Lol lots of deduction. You should host the lover game again sometime in the future lmao
    Herp derp. Fix'd.

39. ISO #39