Why was the EU version of SC2 -Mafia- abandoned? What are the special security restrictions on EU?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: Why was the EU version of SC2 -Mafia- abandoned? What are the special security restrictions on E

Ok. On NA, the map host is Dark.Renevent.

On EU, the map host is Mille.

Since the update to LotV, they put new security protacols in, and since its milles account, they wont let D.R. accsess it from NA. Constantly requireing Passcodes from Millies personal information, and Mille isnt around. So we cannot update it anymore.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

3. ISO #3

Re: Why was the EU version of SC2 -Mafia- abandoned? What are the special security restrictions on E

So Mille refuses to give up the rights for the map and lets it fall apart? That bastard.

Although, the version is pretty sweet, not a single bug in years.

Time to visit NA I guess, not like high ping will matter that much.

4. ISO #4

I found no difference when I tried playing on the American server. Even the SOTD seemed the same.

I tried googling and found nothing about the difference. I did find info about a Mille from a mafia family in Palermo. Did the real mafia corner the Starcraft 2 map making market in EU? Is that why Triad was added? How deep does this go?

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Lets be real. Rev made the game like 10 years ago. Sense then he has dedicated countless hours to rebuild and develop it. Now he has a career and keeps updating the map just because he still gives a shit about the community. But imagine if you had started a project 10 years ago and still had people bothering you about it. You probably would not like to hear their view about how he could be doing more. The fact that to this day he still spends large chunks of time working on this map points to his dedication to this community, even if it is now on just 1 server instead of 2.

The EU map is done. Its unfortunate but it is what it is. I am not going to pretend to understand the implications but Rev said its done so thats that. If you do not care for that please have the respect to accept it.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    OMG YOUR BACK
    For a little while, I usually pop in every so often but my cookie has expired or been deleted so it doesn't show me as logged in.

The only reason I came back was because; my friend and I have been playing Mafia with something I created and it reminded me of this place.
    Sig Pic is now an AD!?!?!?

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by TimeTrx View Post
    For a little while, I usually pop in every so often but my cookie has expired or been deleted so it doesn't show me as logged in.

The only reason I came back was because; my friend and I have been playing Mafia with something I created and it reminded me of this place.
    You should sign up for some S-FM games ^^ they are fun.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

12. ISO #12