I don't understand the rationale behind framer nerf
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

I don't understand the rationale behind framer nerf

Framer has become essentially useless now that it does dumb shit like frame someone for being a cultist with disturbing the peace when cult is disabled in the save and there is no crier. This is already added on to the fact that there are many investigate roles that already bypass framer anyways.

It made way more sense back when it automatically frames as mafia member and there was no roles such as lookout and detective or even spy so its powers were actually useful. Now framer is nothing more than a dumb role that dies to vet N2. All in all it is way too much shit for how low the chance of framing actually working (and someone checking) is.

Just as a side note I think beguiler was a nice touch but kidnapper? wtf there is even an old thread that discourages "an evil jailor" and like 99% of ppl agree it's a shitty idea.
    Last edited by marinebase7; January 11th, 2016 at 09:50 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: I don't understand the rationale behind framer nerf

Quote Originally Posted by marinebase7 View Post
    Framer has become essentially useless now that it does dumb shit like frame someone for being a cultist with disturbing the peace when cult is disabled in the save and there is no crier. This is already added on to the fact that there are many investigate roles that already bypass framer anyways.

It made way more sense back when it automatically frames as mafia member and there was no roles such as lookout and detective or even spy so its powers were actually useful. Now framer is nothing more than a dumb role that dies to vet N2. All in all it is way too much shit for how low the chance of framing actually working (and someone checking) is.

Just as a side note I think beguiler was a nice touch but kidnapper? wtf there is even an old thread that discourages "an evil jailor" and like 99% of ppl agree it's a shitty idea.
    Framer is very powerful against investigators and sheriff, i heard it can fake the investigator with: detect exact role-ON ( never see it by myself yet)
    If you read the wiki, some framer should pretend to be Jester (depend on setup to plan carefully- some save have a lot of jailor ready to waste their execute to kill a jester)

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    It's not the framers fault. Its the investigators fault, investigator role is in a terrible state.

I'm sure the framer can cause the target to look like he is also visiting. Not 100% sure on it.
    Sorry, framer can't do that :/

v)o.o)^

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    It's not the framers fault. Its the investigators fault, investigator role is in a terrible state.

I'm sure the framer can cause the target to look like he is also visiting. Not 100% sure on it.
    I agree invest is pretty bad and confusing.

7. ISO #7

Playing as invest is very hard for veteran player, but very easy to gamethrow for newbie
    - as a investigator: you must know the basic mechanic: if the scum role didn't do any bad action yet, then they are not commit any crime yet ( no crime) and beside investigator have to remember all the role crime
    - as a newbie: OMG! He/she has a crime! It's must be scum! And the gamethrow train started here.......
    Let's just say......investigator role is......suck v)o.o)>!

v)o.o)^