Embed discord as a replacement for vbulletin chat?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Embed discord as a replacement for vbulletin chat?

I've recently fallen in love with Discord due to its combination of features from both skype and teamspeak. Basically it has the skype IM system with the teamspeak voice chat system.

I feel it would be superior to what we currently have.

At the very least, could we create an official discord server with a link on the front page?

For those who haven't tried discord, I'd highly recommend giving it a try. It won me over instantly when raptor suggested it; it is superior in many ways to both teamspeak and skype.
    Discord can run in an internet browser as well, for those people who don't like downloading an application to run.
    Last edited by Mugy; January 8th, 2016 at 05:07 AM.

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Embed discord as a replacement for vbulletin chat?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Replacement for the vBulletin chat yus that chat box is shit.
    Pretty much my thoughts. It would be nice to get something where everyone can communicate together.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

I really don't think we should get rid of the chat box. And I dont think it would be appropriate for me to push for that because I don't use it.

The real issue I see with getting another chat program is getting everyone to use it. At the end of the day I use Skype because it lets me get in touch with the people I want to stay in touch with. If those people did not use the chat system I would have no reason to use it.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

6. ISO #6

The reason why I think it's a good idea to switch is that it's a modern style chat interface with permission control and whatnot, all the while running in a web browser. The responsiveness of the vbulletin chat feels last century which is one of the many reasons why I don't like to use it.
    On top of that, it has a voice chat that works in the browser version. No downloading a teamspeak client or anything if you don't like it.

This is /r/starcraft official chat. As you can see, the shitposts are still of high quality.
    Last edited by Mugy; January 8th, 2016 at 04:38 PM.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Could we have a trial at least? Have both available for a period of time? Can't hurt to test it out :P

Mike, halp!

Edit: Oh nice a configurable widget too
    Last edited by Mugy; January 22nd, 2016 at 09:16 PM.