Quick idea for a role. "Ghost"
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Quick idea for a role. "Ghost"

Can't exactly post it where it is 'cause I'm not someone that donates, but an idea for a role:

"Ghost"
    Goal: Get lynched (Like a jester yes) to activate ability, watch the town lose.
    Ability: Take control of the actions of one person in the afterlife. During this time you are unable to converse with other players in the Graveyard.
    Options: Targets know that they are controlled, Ghost can talk with Graveyard on/off, Ghost can talk with Mafia/Cult/Etc in night chat on/off.

Change a few things here or there, who knows. Just an idea for people in the sidelines who'd like to take control of those that...aren't really being effective.

Regards,

Khajas.

2. ISO #2

Re: Quick idea for a role. "Ghost"

Quote Originally Posted by Khajas View Post
    Can't exactly post it where it is 'cause I'm not someone that donates, but an idea for a role:

"Ghost"
    Goal: Get lynched (Like a jester yes) to activate ability, watch the town lose.
    Ability: Take control of the actions of one person in the afterlife. During this time you are unable to converse with other players in the Graveyard.
    Options: Targets know that they are controlled, Ghost can talk with Graveyard on/off, Ghost can talk with Mafia/Cult/Etc in night chat on/off.

Change a few things here or there, who knows. Just an idea for people in the sidelines who'd like to take control of those that...aren't really being effective.

Regards,

Khajas.
    I would change this to make it a roleblocker or something like that. Perhaps give the ability to "haunt" which would act as a roleblock AND a removal of night immunity. Also, give him a pre-execution role, as it is otherwise too similar to jester.

3. ISO #3

I'll put it in a format based on how I read it.

Rolename: Ghost
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Goal: Make sure the Town loses the game.

Abilities:
    - If you are lynched, you may target and possess one player in the game. You gain control of your target's night action permanently.

Notes:
    - You may not converse with the Dead while you are possessing another player.
    - Your target is informed of being possessed.

Options:
    - You may talk in your target's night chat as your target: On/Off (Default: Off)

Here you are.
    I would change a few things.

Rolename: Vengeful Soul
    Alignment: Neutral Benign
    Goal: Survive till the end or, if killed, make sure your killer loses the game. (Lynch counts as town kill/No-win, balance)

Abilities:
    - If you are dead, during the night, you may target and possess one player in the game. You become your target for the next day and night cycle.
    - Instead of possessing someone you may choose to relinquish your ability to join the Dead early.

Notes:
    - You may not converse with the Dead until you have possessed a player or have relinquished the ability to.
    - Your target is informed of being possessed and is unable to take any action or talk.
    - You can make your target visit even when they normally cannot.
    - You cannot alter your targets last will or death note. You are not informed of either.
    - You cannot make your target commit suicide.
    - You may only use your ability once in the game.

Option text
    - The town is not informed/informed your target is possessed.
    - Your target is not informed/informed of who you target and any feedback or messages you receive.
    - You are not informed/informed of your targets role upon possession.

- You may talk in and read your targets night chat. (If option is off, this doesn't show)

Options:
    - Town knows target is possessed: On/Off (Default: On)
    - Target knows targets, feedback and PMs: On/Off (Default: On)
    - Knows Target's role: On/Off (Default: Off)
    - Can use target's night chat: On/Off (Default: Off)

Questions comments feedback? Credit to Khajas for thinking of this.
    I love Iced_Monopoly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Survivor: Survive until the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Barkley Beard View Post
    Oh christ what has he done

4. ISO #4

Hey guys!

Thanks for the suggestion! We've had many variations of this type of role suggested previously but they all seem to rely against the main principle behind SC2Mafia:

Death is permanent

What I mean to say is any roles that can live on after death or interact with both dead chat and night chat is not consistent with the spirit of the game on SC2Mafia.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Hey guys!

Thanks for the suggestion! We've had many variations of this type of role suggested previously but they all seem to rely against the main principle behind SC2Mafia:

Death is permanent

What I mean to say is any roles that can live on after death or interact with both dead chat and night chat is not consistent with the spirit of the game on SC2Mafia.
    Corollary: If you want to play weird roles that can do stuff post-death, sign up for Forum Mafia!