Is there a hidden weighting of roles for players?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Is there a hidden weighting of roles for players?

After getting Doctor for the twentieth game today I had a strange suspicion that there is some secret weighting. It's to the point of incredible statistical unlikelihood.

Is there a way to quickly withdraw all the role information from a save so I could analyse my saves to see percentage roles?

Edit: Not including -prefer
    Last edited by RMcD94; December 11th, 2015 at 05:19 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Is there a hidden weighting of roles for players?

Hosts can set sliders for each role's probability. Also, if I remember correctly, you are more likely to receive a role that you haven't won with recently.

As far as withdrawing data from a save, do you mean through a replay? If so, I'm not aware of any way to do this, no. Maybe if you take control while spectating host during the setup phase?

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Ah, yeah that's not quite what I was looking for. Some way to get the information from the save without loading the save so you could do them really quickly.

I'm not sure if you are more likely to get roles you haven't won as. The problem is I only have my own experience to say though, which is why I wanted to analyse my 300 replays or whatever so I could find out if that's true or not. I guess the only way would be to write it down every game what you got.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Okay, word of god on this one is that the following things have an impact on what role you get:

Role sliders, prefer black list, and last role played
    Last role played only updates if a player is present for points at games end

MAYBE the thing about role quitting; we're currently unsure.