I have needs - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I have needs

Re: I have needs

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I realize this is an impossible question, which is part of the fun.

What is THE best anime? Only 1. Not 1 per category. Not 2. There can only be one!
    NGE
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

Quote Originally Posted by NoctiZ View Post
    Well I feel like the game might be better than the anime by a lot.. but who knows.
    bahahaha

Yeah I watched this one. As the episodes got towards the end, it became very bizarre and almost impossible to understand - Although I really liked the last episode which was more philosophical.
    It's a troll, no one actually likes NGE

Yeah I watched this one. As the episodes got towards the end, it became very bizarre and almost impossible to understand - Although I really liked the last episode which was more philosophical.
    did you watch the movie? it's supposed to be the actual end of the episodes, bc they ran out of budget for the last 2.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

I realize this is an impossible question, which is part of the fun.

What is THE best anime? Only 1. Not 1 per category. Not 2. There can only be one!
    Serial Experiments Lain

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

Yeah, I've had a rewatch in mind but it starts slowly and I kinda start being bored at the beginning. We'll see though, I will watch it someday but not in the near future. :P

And no problem, I enjoy talking about anime. Let me know if you've watched any of the shows on my list and give us your thoughts!
    Man, I remember deeply relating to the main character in Welcome To The NHK when I watched it several years ago. But I don't think I'd have that same connection again. That anime captured a very pathetic aspect of the human character in a way 99% of stories fail to do. In most stories, such a character is simply misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Man, I remember deeply relating to the main character in Welcome To The NHK when I watched it several years ago. But I don't think I'd have that same connection again. That anime captured a very pathetic aspect of the human character in a way 99% of stories fail to do. In most stories, such a character is simply misunderstood.
    That is true, I guess the problem for most stories is that they're not "real" enough. Welcome To The NHK is completely on-point with the things the protagonist does as they're in line with the character they've established at the beginning all while making it very easy for most to relate to him in some way. The other characters react as you'd expect them to in most situations which is also good. And it goes from depressing as hell to hilarious in a matter of seconds. Great show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    i scumreaded him because his posts were gay
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoroth View Post
    ah fuck.
    I HARDCLAIM MASON ASSASSIN.

That is true, I guess the problem for most stories is that they're not "real" enough. Welcome To The NHK is completely on-point with the things the protagonist does as they're in line with the character they've established at the beginning all while making it very easy for most to relate to him in some way. The other characters react as you'd expect them to in most situations which is also good. And it goes from depressing as hell to hilarious in a matter of seconds. Great show.
    Yeah most anime stories definitely are not "real" enough. Anime and movies are an extremely corrupted platform, in terms of what's going on artistically. It's just the sad reality of having many people working on something and many of them needing money and perhaps not even sharing the vision of the person who had the original idea.

Books rarely have that issue. But western writers these days do seem a little hungry for approval from all da critics lol. That's the issue with nearly every western writer doing a school course in literature and art and then having to forever fight against the "faux depth" that academia tried to force down their throat.

God knows who's wise idea it was to make all branches of human talent equally serious by giving them all an academic lesson setting with academic coursework/exams - clearly such a setting doesn't suit art. Though, I guess I'm really starting to ramble now sorry lol XD.