Tactical Risk with the useful citizen
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    Logante

Tactical Risk with the useful citizen

So I joined up a game and got stuck with a citizen. Boooooo.

However, I figured I'd have a little fun with it. I wish I saved the replay...interesting game.

Anyway, I waited a couple of rounds and then announced that I was a doctor. That night I put on my bullet proof vest and it saved my life. The next round, the real doctor died by a serial killer. I was claiming to be a town random doctor so it was still believable. The Sheriff was revealed by this time and I kept claiming I would heal the Sheriff. For the rest of the game, the Mafia spent their time ignoring the "healed" Sheriff and was trying to kill off whoever was protecting me from being killed. After enough wasted nights (killing some townies and neutrals), the Sheriff had enough time to investigate who was left in the mafia and the town won, and only then did I reveal I was just a citizen and the Sheriff was open for killing since the first and only doctor died.

Interesting match, for sure!

2. ISO #2

Re: Tactical Risk with the useful citizen

Now thats called using your brain, instead of the usual response.

"OMFG i'm citizen! hella boring! i'l troll now so someone will kill me and leave! wait screw this i'l just leave! bye!"
    ^ thoughts of most players getting Citizen.

Others would just go afk to farm points, or say "KILL ME KILL ME" before the first night begins just to die early and end up with extra points if the town wins.

People are just funny, heh

Citizens are usually left out in the games on EU, even full inhouse games. So I can't even remember the last time I got Citizen, lol... But I sure wouldn't quit, actually what you did sounds pretty fun, I might try it

3. ISO #3
    Logante

I honestly thought I was going to die, but the mafia taking me out is far better than taking someone more important out. Strapped on the vest, vest saved me, left a last will telling the Town to make me proud, and was shocked to find they were now hunting down my protector.

At the end of the game, people on the Mafia side were just confused, while Townies were like we thought you were just a derp or witch. Nj!

Beware the under dog!

4. ISO #4
    Fulla

Yeah that's how Citizens should be played, nice going

The rage thing is simply because:
    - Everyone likes to be an equally important role.
    - Everyone likes an ability they can use at night.

I proposed already adding the HOST OPTION of extra other '1 use' abilities to Citizens.
    A random example is 'vote twice' can be used once per game.

DR seems to like Citizens just as they are, so they'll never be played ever again on EU atleast.

5. ISO #5
    Zippy

I like to use citizen to get very analytical about what is said in chat and voting behavior, since I have nothing to do at night, I can spend it reviewing logs. I once managed to get two townies who were screaming that the other was mafia to shut up and vote for the people I had figured out were mafia. They were shocked at the end that I was a citizen, surely I had to be sheriff or invest to know what I knew. ;)

6. ISO #6
    S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha

Did you check your replays folder? Replays auto save.

7. ISO #7
    Logante

Quote Originally Posted by S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha View Post
    What's the point of the Save Replay button then, anyway...the option to name it?

I'm gonna check that out!

8. ISO #8
    wightsnow

Quote Originally Posted by Logante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.S.Cnl.Alpha View Post
    What's the point of the Save Replay button then, anyway...the option to name it?

I'm gonna check that out!
    Your replays folder eventually deletes old games. saving it makes it so it's never deleted.