The best way to gain points in mafia
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: The best way to gain points in mafia

also i saw something interesting today. a admin banned someone in game . this actually happened. there was this guy randomly voting and being a troll claiming he was jester. turns out he was veteran. he lost the town that whole game and A admin came out and banhammerd him right there. it was kinda funny
    What if make Minecraft? But no are cube

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by slendermenz View Post
    also i saw something interesting today. a admin banned someone in game . this actually happened. there was this guy randomly voting and being a troll claiming he was jester. turns out he was veteran. he lost the town that whole game and A admin came out and banhammerd him right there. it was kinda funny
    Replay please

6. ISO #6

well its gone D:. when LoTV launched it bugged all my replays. i can no longer access them. the admins in game name was MikeMVP. (also i think he was just kicked and never played agin. it was a major game throw though and cost the town the whole game.)
    What if make Minecraft? But no are cube

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

well its gone D:. when LoTV launched it bugged all my replays. i can no longer access them. the admins in game name was MikeMVP. (also i think he was just kicked and never played agin. it was a major game throw though and cost the town the whole game.)
    Was this recent?
    The in-game ban function is for necroplant/tafkal smurfs, not when someone gets butthurt that someone gamethrew.

Kicking is perfectly fine in that situation, but in-game ban is not lol. I'm sure it was just a kick, otherwise we probably would've heard something by now.

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

It's MikeVipe. It's MacMillan

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by mikevipe View Post
    He was kicked before points were distributed, not banned.

And on another note he is now perma banned. https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/33558-1-S2-6051026-LazyTitan
    Yeah, this is the guy with like 80 recent reports on him (give or take) -- if there's any legitimate use for an in-game ban, this was it.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Yeah, this is the guy with like 80 recent reports on him (give or take) -- if there's any legitimate use for an in-game ban, this was it.
    No its not a legit reason because a ban can be easily reversed if its audited or a long time has passed lol. In-game ban is a lot more work.
    I didn't think anyone would be using in-game bans tbh, which is why I was concerned. And it ends up I was just a kick so all is good lol

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    No its not a legit reason because a ban can be easily reversed if its audited or a long time has passed lol. In-game ban is a lot more work.
    I didn't think anyone would be using in-game bans tbh, which is why I was concerned. And it ends up I was just a kick so all is good lol
    I believe our job is to ensure the game is enjoyed by everyone.
    This means getting rid of toxic players, and Titan is a definitely a toxic player.

He ruined a good portion of lobbies the other day when I was attempting to play. I kicked him from 1 and tried to stop a leave train in several others without using kicks but to no avail.

Some people deserve no audit. Cause this guy certainly didn't care that his actions were ruining the game.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    I believe our job is to ensure the game is enjoyed by everyone.
    This means getting rid of toxic players, and Titan is a definitely a toxic player.

He ruined a good portion of lobbies the other day when I was attempting to play. I kicked him from 1 and tried to stop a leave train in several others without using kicks but to no avail.

Some people deserve no audit. Cause this guy certainly didn't care that his actions were ruining the game.
    Still not the purpose of in-game ban.
    Which is why it wasn't used lol.we've given second chances to people 10x worse and it worked out fine.
    Even if we don't give a 2nd chance, it's good to allow ourselves the opportunity.

18. ISO #18

In-game ban should not be used for bans that should go through the reports process.

The problems with banning based on anecdotal evidence alone is reason not to.

That and the technical limitations/problems with the in-game ban are reasons why it should not be used as a substitute for a ban listing.
    Last edited by Mugy; November 10th, 2015 at 10:54 PM.

Spoiler : :
    FM XIV - Rapture : Denizen
    FM XV - Star Wars : Citizen
    FM XIV - FuzzyWuzzyTown : Doctor

19. ISO #19

I love how something that should be in moderator discussion is in GD- as though the view point presented here to the public is somehow correct.

The fact is there is no clear cut rule on when to kick or ban or not ban.

It's up for discussion and, of course, discretion of the moderator/administrator.

I personally believe in the usage of in-game ban/kick. They serve a purpose- they're not some pointless tools.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

If you immediately react to a troll/hacker in a situation. They will just react back and most of the time, up their level of griefing.

Which is why we have reports away from the situation to which they can't immediately react too and that results in better control and better results.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

You should keep that avatar Slaol. I like that one.
    :toad:

Spoiler : O.o :
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf
    Why are you being an anti town bitch? You got a fucking point or just a major fucking attitude problem? I dare you to take me on with a game related case cuz I'll tear it apart.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Slaol View Post
    Point Hackers. Role Hackers. And Tafkal/Necroplant/Etc Smurfs

that has always been what it was
    I wait to kick players until just before the game ends, that way they don't get the points.

I've done this for hackers and players who reveal all their mafia/triad teammates.

If I see that player perpetually/consecutively does this, I'll kick them from lobby if I'm host, or I'll kick them while setup is in the process.

I see it as a tool to be used with common sense.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I wait to kick players until just before the game ends, that way they don't get the points.

I've done this for hackers and players who reveal all their mafia/triad teammates.

If I see that player perpetually/consecutively does this, I'll kick them from lobby if I'm host, or I'll kick them while setup is in the process.

I see it as a tool to be used with common sense.
    I didn't say anything about kicks?

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    I love how something that should be in moderator discussion is in GD- as though the view point presented here to the public is somehow correct.

The fact is there is no clear cut rule on when to kick or ban or not ban.

It's up for discussion and, of course, discretion of the moderator/administrator.

I personally believe in the usage of in-game ban/kick. They serve a purpose- they're not some pointless tools.
    Why should this be in management disc? We're not having a discussion to change anything, no one is being reprimanded, ect. Players should know what is acceptable use of mod powers, better to be public about it imo.
    You're also right that there are no clear-cut rules on kicking, it's mostly common sense. But there are definitely rules on in-game bans.

Mugy and SJ, you are 100% correct.
    I also believe if one is kicking someone from a game before points, that mod should also be submitting report every time.

Also, Darkness, to expand on what was said earlier.. LazyTitan is not the type of person that should've received an in-game ban. Once the ban is in effect, then in-game ban is acceptable on any of his smurfs that he uses to ruin games. Just a pain with the bank, ect to ban a main account. Hope that clears it up.

28. ISO #28

Why should this be in management disc? We're not having a discussion to change anything, no one is being reprimanded, ect. Players should know what is acceptable use of mod powers, better to be public about it imo.
    You're also right that there are no clear-cut rules on kicking, it's mostly common sense. But there are definitely rules on in-game bans.

I also believe if one is kicking someone from a game before points, that mod should also be submitting report every time.

Also, Darkness, to expand on what was said earlier.. LazyTitan is not the type of person that should've received an in-game ban. Once the ban is in effect, then in-game ban is acceptable on any of his smurfs that he uses to ruin games. Just a pain with the bank, ect to ban a main account. Hope that clears it up.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Report was submitted, this kid point hacks and just replaces his bank each game, then spams lobby and ruins it for everyone. Frankly if a ban isn't for him I don't know who a ban is for. He continually makes games and Lobby kicks, and when he gets in one where hes not host he destroys the game and then brags how if he's caught he will just remake his bank file.

All this thread is doing is letting the public know that those who troll, hack and ruin games are dealt little to no punishment, if at all.

At the least this kid needs a point ban.
    Last edited by mikevipe; November 13th, 2015 at 11:21 PM.

31. ISO #31

In game bans exist to hinder players who are going game to game destroying games. This ends their reign of terror much earlier than it would take to get a report submitted, processed, ban manager updated, then dev to update the map. However in game bans are always suppose to be logged for accountability.

Kicks are generally to show a staff presence after an issue or (In extremely rare situations) to kick a player before he destroys a game. That rarely happens because its tough to anticipate a game throw from happening.

I suppose we could write something up if its really needed but if I remember correctly there is something in the staff guidelines about it and the only people who can ban have been around for a very long time.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

32. ISO #32

So meanwhile while people want to debate it, hes still taunting lobbies about being banned, so I guess you guys can start playing in game again and deal with him for yourself.

Taken right now. And now hes off to ruin another lobby.
    Images attachées Images attachées
    Last edited by mikevipe; November 14th, 2015 at 12:36 AM.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37