I'm sure many of you have noticed that I haven't exactly been updating the map much these past two+ years. The reasons for this are varied:

1. I have a job. I make simulation software for RC planes that fly over the Middle East with missiles and expensive cameras.
2. I make a bunch of mods for the excellent Starsector. I basically run the modding scene at this point.
3. I'm working on Sigil (random in-progress video), a commercial product that I'm independently producing (and designing/programming).

Back when I started this joint, I was a freshman in college at SDSU, a mere 18 years old. I'm now 23, a professional software engineer, and have too many obligations to work on a map approaching its 5th year on the top charts. Now that the map is finally showing its age in a big way, with a bunch of random bugs to go with the massive changes from the 3.0 patch, I figure the time is ripe to give the entire thing an overhaul.

Mafia 2.0
As such, I'm looking for someone, or perhaps a small group of people, who can lead and develop Mafia 2.0. In short, they'll make the map, and they'll get all the credit, can take donations instead of me, get admin access on this forum and on the VPS, etc. I will be available to answer questions and help them understand the atrocious mess in the old code. Existing donor privileges/recognition will transfer to Mafia 2.0, but we'll probably start banks/points from scratch.

Required Qualifications
  • MUST have prior Starcraft II map creation experience, preferably for a high-quality, polished project. This is non-negotiable.
  • Non-Blizzard programming experience. This means experience with a real language, preferably C, C++, C#, Objective-C, or Java. The outside perspective is crucial for maintaining a good codebase.
  • Must speak English natively or fluently. Mafia strongly text-based, so the creator must have a strong command of the language it's made for.
  • Age of majority only, for financial/legal reasons. This means 18+ in the US.

Ideal Qualifications
  • Should have UI design expertise/experience. Mafia relies entirely on custom UI, and Blizzard has added lots of nice ways to display stuff to the player since I started the map in 2011.
  • Comfortable programming in Galaxy. A strong C (not C++/C#, straight-up C) programmer also qualifies, since Galaxy is a derivative of C and can therefore be easily transitioned to.
  • Prior employment for programming in a team environment.
  • Real-life experience playing Mafia. I find that it's hard to really "get it" without lying about your role straight to someone's face.

Candidates should contact me on Skype (darkrevenantx). The selection process includes an interview and code sample.