Chip Mafia
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Chip Mafia

1. ISO #1

Chip Mafia

At the end of every day, we receive 500 chips. But you will receive 1000 chips if tonight is your tax rebate night. At the end of every night, we receive 250 chips. At the start of every day, I'll post the mean average number of chips each person has.

Indeed, there are no roles and there is no voting. The game is driven purely by money. Due to how far this game is from the average mafia setup, I won't be structuring this setup overview as Cryptonic recommends.

Spoiler : The Win Condition and Tax Rebates :

"Teams"

Permanent Rock 1
    Permanent Rock 2
    Permanent Rock 3
    Permanent Paper 1
    Permanent Paper 2
    Permanent Paper 3
    Permanent Scissor 1
    Permanent Scissor 2
    Permanent Scissor 3
    Switcher 1
    Switcher 2
    Switcher 3

Explanation:

1) At the end of d1, all players who are "number 1" for their respective alignment receive a tax rebate. Number 2s on d2, Number 3s on d3, and then Number 1s again on the end of d4.

2) If all the Papers die, the Rock who received a Tax Rebate last wins. If all the Rocks die, the Scissor who received a Tax Rebate last wins. If all the Scissors die, the Paper who received a Tax Rebate last wins.

In other words, if you want to win, the item you are "weak against" needs to die just after you've gotten a Tax Rebate.

3) Switchers are the complication, however. One Switcher will start out as a Rock, one as a Scissor and one as a Paper. And at the end of every even Night (n2, n4, n6, exc.) each Switcher will Switch to the alignment he previously wanted to kill. e.g. A Switcher Paper will become a Switcher Scissors.

4) If a Switcher got a Tax Rebate at the same time as you, and he's on your team, he'll get the win instead of you.

5) If a Switcher ends up being the last Rock, Paper or Scissors, then their Switching will deactivate permanently.

Spoiler : Lynching :

The low-down

There is no voting. Instead, we put chips on the people we want Lynched. If someone has more chips on them than the mean average number of chips each player has, at the end of the day, they'll get lynched. Many people could potentially be lynched in one day.

You can also place chips on people to NOT have them lynched. This gets refunded to you at the end of the day regardless of whether the person is lynched. This means, essentially, chips placed on someone to defend them are just chips in "stasis" that can't be used to lynch. You won't directly lose chips by placing defensive chips on other players.

Risk and Reward

Even if the players you put chips on to be lynched aren't lynched, you don't get your money back. If a player you put chips on is lynched, you'll get a percentage of their chips (which includes the 500 they'd have gotten at the end of the day), based off of how many chips you put on them, in relation to everyone else, and based off how many defensive chips were placed on the lynched player. For example, if you are responsible for 60% of the chips on a lynched player, you'll get 60% of their chips+60% of the defensive chips placed on the lynched player +60% of that 500 at the end of the day. Naturally, if they were gonna get a tax rebate, you get 60% of their chips+60% of that 1000.

(This means your defensive chips could end up accidentally giving the lynchers free chips, if the player you placed defensive chips on is actually lynched, even if you don't directly lose chips).

How to place chips.

You place chips on someone by declaring "I'm placing chips on [player X]" (in bold red, without needing to say how many chips you placed, and whether they're defensive or offensive). You then PM me saying how many chips you placed, whether they're defensive or offensive, and the number of the post you declared the chip placing in. If you do not send me the post number, your chip placing may be rejected. You can withdraw the chips you placed on a player by declaring "I'm withdrawing chips on [player X]"

Spoiler : Letters, agreements and investigation mechanics. :

Investigation Mechanics

There is only one way of investigating people. If you want to investigate, at night, you choose a main source, and then you choose secondary players. And you place chips on all of them. Then, as long as you placed the second/first most chips on the main source that night, you will receive information on the relationship between the main source and all the secondary players you placed the second/first highest number of chips on.

For each Secondary player, you will receive one of the following in your night feedback:

"[Main Source X] likely wants to keep [Secondary Player Y] alive" (If the SP is "weak" to the MS i.e. the SP is a scissors and the MS is a rock)

"[Main Source X] is likely indifferent to [Secondary Player Y]" (If the SP and MS share the same alignment i.e. they are both Rocks)

"[Main Source X] likely wants to see [Secondary Player Y] dead" (If the SP is "strong to the MS OR the MS and SP share the same alignment but SP has just had a Tax Rebate i.e. SP is Paper and MS is Rock OR they are both Rock but SP has just had his Tax Rebate)

Letters

You can pm me up to 3 letters by the end of every day/night, and I will send them to your desired peep. I will not tell them who sent the letter, but they can choose to send a letter as a reply to the anonymous source. This reply will count to their maximum three. They will receive the letter at the start of the following day/night.

Agreements

A proposed Agreement is sent through a letter, and must be accepted immediately by the end of the next day/night in the form of a reply with a clear "yes" or the Agreement proposal will expire. You can trade two things: Chips and Lynch Chips. Chip transactions take place at the start of each day/night. I think the best way to demonstrate this is through example:

"[a letter to Red]. Yo Red. We rock hard. Whadaya think of this offer?

n3 start: You gimme 500 chips.
    d3: I give you 200 chips and will place 50 chips in your defense. You WON'T place offensive chips on [Player X] for this day.
    n4: I give you 500 chips.
    d4: We both place at least 250 chips to lynch [Player A] and will NOT place defensive chips on [Player B]

From your true love Blue."

Obviously, this is quite a haphazard agreement but bear with me. Red will give blue a temporary huge burst in chips, and in return Blue will pay him back (with 200 chips interest). They also have a few agreements on how they will use their chips for lynching. They'll both work together to screw over Player A, allow Player B to bite the dust if the situation arises, and Blue will provide some minor defensive chips. This example shows all the possible things that can be given in an agreement.
    I would be very grateful if you could organize your agreements in the above, clear fashion.
    And by the way, if you fail to keep up your end of an agreement, you die. No matter how small or insignificant it is. But you can agree to terminate an agreement in the form of a second agreement. If one party dies in an agreement, the agreement is terminated instantly.

Spoiler : Technicalities :

Day/night will each last 24 hours.
    12 players.
    No LWs, no suicides. Alignments are not revealed upon death, but you can still investigate people when they're dead.
    I think that's everything else.

A quick summary of OoO:

-You receive your extra 500 in Tax Rebate if it's the end of the day.
    -Agreements are accepted/refused, letters are sent.
    -Chip Transactions are made.
    -People are killed if they did not / cannot meet Agreements and a counter Agreement was not agreed on.
    -Setup will start on d1. There will be no lynches however. This will be purely to give people a chance to check in, small talk, ask last minute questions, and shitpost (and perhaps develop early strats)

Also, investigations are made before Switchers switch.

I dunno if this is anyone's idea of fun, but it would be interesting at least.
    Last edited by yzb25; October 5th, 2015 at 09:27 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4