S-FM Mushroom Kingdom Madness
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM Mushroom Kingdom Madness

(Template borrowed from a setup by Cryptonic)

Role List:
    Bowser
    Koopa

Mario
    Luigi
    Yoshi
    Random Mushroom Kingdom Citizen

Princess Toadstool

*Note: Multiple undetermined number of Toads can be expected.

Rolecards:
    Spoiler : Mafia :

Bowser
    You chat at night with Koopa and choose to kill someone at night. You may perform the night kill yourself or send Koopa. If you attempt to kill Princess Toadstool and she hasn't already been converted, she will join your faction instead of being killed.
    You are immune to night kill.
    You show up as a toad.
    {player} is Koopa.
    Link to the mafia chat: {link}

Koopa
    You chat at night with Bowser and choose to kill someone at night. You may perform the night kill yourself or Bowser can.
    If you do not attempt the night kill yourself you can check one player. You will discover if they are a toad or non toad.
    Bowser is {player}.
    You show up as a non toad.

Converted Princess Toadstool
    You chat at night with Bowser and Koopa and choose to kill someone at night. You may perform the night kill yourself or Bowser or Koopa can.
    If you do not attempt the night kill yourself you can role block a player.
    You are immune to role blocks if role blocking but not if performing the night kill.
    {player} is Bowser.
    {player} is Koopa.

Spoiler : Town :

Unique roles (max of 1 possible)
    Mario
    Check one player to see their alignment. If you check Princess Toadstool, you will become a lovebird with her.
    If Bowser captures Princess Toadstool, you will become Evil Mario in your rage.

Luigi
    You show up as a toad to Koopa.
    If Mario and/or Princess Toadstool change alignment, you have ONE vigilante night shot that bypasses immunity and will show up as a non toad to Koopa.

Yoshi
    You show up as a toad to Koopa.
    If Mario and/or Princess Toadstool change alignment, you can check a player's alignment at night and will show up as a non toad to Koopa.

Toadette (0 or 1 possible)
    You are the best role in the game. You are secretly the mayor of the mushroom kingdom. You can reveal at any time through pm to the host. You will be revealed to the town as mayor and have two votes until you die. You show up as a toad to Koopa.

Non-Unique roles (0, 1, or multiple possible of each):
    Toad
    You can only vote. You show up as a toad to Koopa.

Mallow
    You can heal a player each night.

Geno
    You can follow a player at night to see who they visited.

Kooper
    You can check a player at night to determine if they are a toad or non toad.

Princess Daisy
    You can roleblock a player each night. You show up as a non toad.
    You are immune to role blocks.

Spoiler : Princess Toadstool :

Princess Toadstool
    You have two bulletproof vests. If you change your alignment you lose them.
    If neither Mario nor Bowser converts you and they both die, you become Abandoned Love.

Abandoned Love
    You carry over any bulletproof vests you have remaining.
    Be lynched to win. If you are lynched, choose one of your voters to die. This kill pierces immunity.

Spoiler : Lovebirds :

Lovebird Mario
    You share a night chat with Princess Toadstool. You can perform the night kill or Princess Toadstool can. If you don't perform the night kill, you can check a player to see if they are toad or non toad.
    Link to the lovebird chat: {link}

Lovebird Princess Toadstool
    You share a night chat with Mario. You can perform the lovebird night kill or Mario can. If you don't perform the night kill, you can role block a player.
    If role blocking, you are immune to role block. If killing, you are not immune.
    {Player} is Mario
    Lovebird chat: {link}

Spoiler : Evil Mario :

Evil Mario
    Kill any player at night. You are immune to night kills.

Win Conditions:
    Mafia: Eliminate the town, Lovebirds, and Evil Mario or achieve a situation in which this is inevitable.
    Town: Eliminate the Mafia, Lovebirds, and Evil Mario and have one surviving player.
    Evil Mario: Be the last remaining player alive.
    Lovebirds: Eliminate the Town and the mafia.
    Princess Toadstool: Join the Mafia or Lovebird's and win with them, or see yourself lynched as Abandoned Love.

Tie breakers:
    Evil Mario > Lovebirds > Mafia > Town

Order of Operations:
    Roleblockers role block
    Mallow heals
    Evil Mario kills
    Lovebirds kill
    Mafia kills
    Luigi kills
    Investigative investigate (Including Mario) (Geno goes last)
    Bowser attempts to capture Princess Toadstool

Mechanics:
    72 hour days, 24 hour nights
    Day when starts with lynch.
    Lynch at majority of votes (5/9, 4/7, 4/6, etc)
    If the day ends and nobody has received the amount of votes needed, then the person with the highest amount of votes at day end will be lynched. If there is a tie, one of the tied players will be randomly lynched.
    Last wills are limited to 100 characters.
    Suicide is not allowed.

Special Mechanics:
    If Princess Toadstool is discovered by mario they become lovebirds together
    If Princess Toadstool is captured by Bowser she joins the mafia and Mario becomes Evil Mario in his rage of betrayal
    Princess Toadstool can only be converted once.
    If Princess Toadstool changes alignment, Luigi and Yoshi gain non-citizen abilities

Role block players are informed of being role blocked
    Attacked and healed players are not informed of failed attack or heal
    Mallow however is informed if his target was attacked

Rules:
    Do not quote pms from the host
    Images/videos/colored chat allowed, but don't be excessive about it.
    No talking about the game outside of the game.
    No excessive personal attacks. Violators will be warned through PM, and replaced or killed if they continue. If you feel like someone has violated this rule, do not discuss it on the thread but rather PM me and I will decide the course of action to take.
    I also will NOT tolerate racist or sexist remarks. You will be modkilled or replaced. There will be no warning.
    No anonymous accounts.
    No post requirement.
    NO password protected posts
    No post count requirements, but I reserve the right to replace a player at any time due to excessive inactivity to keep the game flowing.

Any questions?

v1.1 - Added Luigi kill to OoO and changed Lovebirds to have a night kill and abilities.
    v1.2 - Added Bowser captures Princess Toadstool as last in OoO
    v1.3 - Added unique/non-unique role subcategories for town roles
    v1.4 - Added two more town roles to make it 10v2v1
    v1.5 - Dropped one townie, now 9v2v1
    v1.6 - Updated per ika questions
    v1.7 - Made Luigi a 1 shot night immunity piercing vig
    v1.8 - Changed Bowser night kill to auto convert PT if she is targeted
    v1.9 - Princess Toadstool is no longer a survivor role.
    v1.10 - Everybody can now vote
    Last edited by Toadette; December 4th, 2015 at 10:57 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

Re: S-FM Mushroom Kingdom Madness

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Where is Luigi's kill in the OoO?

Lovebirds seem too underpowered because they're a scum faction without a night kill.
    You're right. Where should I put Luigi's kill? Simultaneous as Mafia?

Also I can consider taking away daychat from Lovebirds and turning them into a 2nd Mafia faction. I actually like that idea a lot. Updating momentarily

20. ISO #20

I decided to put Luigi night kill last.

Lovebirds are now a 2nd Mafia faction with a night kill and abilities to choose from, just like Mafia.

I decided not to make Lovebird Mario night immune like Bowser is, but make the Lovebird kill before Mafia kill to balance that out.

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    pre-signs were not allowed after the incident of people being upset abou it iirc

what happens if mario and bowser target princess toadstool the same night, who gets priority?
    That's a great question. Humm. Who should get it?

I gave priority to Mario because he always wins. His action is investigative and Bowser moves last on OoO
    Last edited by Toadette; October 5th, 2015 at 01:25 PM.

23. ISO #23

Concern: You've given most of your power roles names that seem to imply they are unique if they appear in the game. I suggest stating that PRs need not be unique to give scum more room to fake claim.

Concern: Town might not have any mislynches; namely, if they mislynch D1 and Toadette is somehow converted N1, town could be looking at 5v2v2 or 5v3v1, which is a little tight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Toadette View Post
    That's a great question. Humm. Who should get it?

I gave priority to Mario because he always wins. His action is investigative and Bowser moves last on OoO
    In an old game we had it that the person just died. this was mainly to prevent them from ust outright claiming. Cus IMO right now PT should jsut announce and play survivor. There are alos the 3 town PRs that will knwo when alignents change so it makes it intresting for them to out themselfs in a 1v1 tradeoff for such tihng

25. ISO #25

In an old game we had it that the person just died. this was mainly to prevent them from ust outright claiming. Cus IMO right now PT should jsut announce and play survivor. There are alos the 3 town PRs that will knwo when alignents change so it makes it intresting for them to out themselfs in a 1v1 tradeoff for such tihng
    I disagree that it's in Toalstool's interest to announce; she can be converted to scum, and her conversion makes a TPR into scum.. I know I'd lynch a Toadstool who called D1, probably without much hesitation. I think Toadstool is in a good place because of just how dangerous it is to call, making the survivor wincon actually mean something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

26. ISO #26

Concern: You've given most of your power roles names that seem to imply they are unique if they appear in the game. I suggest stating that PRs need not be unique to give scum more room to fake claim.

Concern: Town might not have any mislynches; namely, if they mislynch D1 and Toadette is somehow converted N1, town could be looking at 5v2v2 or 5v3v1, which is a little tight.
    Yes but if Princess Toadstool is converted there is a good chance of the two evil factions hitting each other. If I add too many more town then it becomes town heavy.

I will fix the roles to be non unique.

27. ISO #27

Agreed with this -- unique names are great for game flavor purposes, but it's really going to limit scum's ability to role claim, which could turn the game into a role claim Town steamroll. Aside from Toadette who is clearly going to be unique as the Mayor, you could also consider a list of names and occupations for the Random Mushroom Kingdom Citizens. That gives you both customization and the ability to have multiple of a given Town role if desired.

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Yes but if Princess Toadstool is converted there is a good chance of the two evil factions hitting each other. If I add too many more town then it becomes town heavy.

I will fix the roles to be non unique.
    never make a game that is dependent on a cross kill, thats just asking for failure

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34
    Rachyl

Toadette are you hosting this S FM?

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37
    Rachyl

Okay cool

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

K I'll just cancel the game. Thanks for the constructive feedback.
    sorry im just being upfron on this based on the games i have played and how annoyed and pissed tonws have been based on the fact that they lost b/c multi ball.

What i was saying with dont make it dependent on that is that it removed the towns main power and that is being the lving majority. I mean if town can correclty lynch every day but still lose due to scum nks, thats not really fair to town in the first place. or do you disagree on that basis?

i havent looked much on it yet

42. ISO #42

What do you think about the balance at the moment?
    I wonder if there are a few too many Townies? At the very least cut one of the two that you just added -- 10 seems like an excessive amount. If scum don't find Princess Toadstool, that's a ton of Town for 2 Mafia to take on?

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

sorry im just being upfron on this based on the games i have played and how annoyed and pissed tonws have been based on the fact that they lost b/c multi ball.

What i was saying with dont make it dependent on that is that it removed the towns main power and that is being the lving majority. I mean if town can correclty lynch every day but still lose due to scum nks, thats not really fair to town in the first place. or do you disagree on that basis?

i havent looked much on it yet
    Then give me suggestions to improve upon instead of just being a Mr Negativo all the time.

46. ISO #46

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    I wonder if there are a few too many Townies? At the very least cut one of the two that you just added -- 10 seems like an excessive amount. If scum don't find Princess Toadstool, that's a ton of Town for 2 Mafia to take on?
    I dropped one

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Spoiler : raw thogughts :
    so it starts 2v9v1
    myslynch
    2v8v1
    convert (mario) and kill
    2v6v2
    lynch
    1v6v2
    double town
    1v4v2
    lynch
    1v4v1
    double town
    1v2v1
    ehhhh.......

i can live with it, looks fine as is cus that worst case is where town should no lynch and have them corss kill on that

2v9v1
    mylynch
    2v8v1
    convert (bowser side) plus killl
    3v6v1
    lynch
    2v6v1
    kills
    2v4v1
    lynch
    1v4v1
    double
    1v2v1
    same end results

this does not take into account vig!luigi

offhand i would change out luigi from being a vig to something not killing. from a worst case standpoint town can be obliterated even lynching correctly afterwards. maybe have it that if luigi is alive when a convert happens it gets publicly announced and that luigi privately knows who converted peach

ill have more in my next post and a repeat of what i jsut said

50. ISO #50

bowser:
    how come he loses immunity as last memeber?
    if he becomes last member i would consider giving him the power to kill+capture peach

peach (mafia):
    she is always immue to rb?

mario:
    shoes as toad or not toad (i knwo it should be obvious but jsut for clarification)
    base on OoO mario will still get his results even if PT gets converted to bowser?
    what is the feedback for mario? town/not town or toad/not toad?

luigi:
    i would consider removing vig power and instead make it that he privatly knwos who converted PT and that he is becomes crier

yoshi:
    same feedback as mario?

toadett:
    shows up twice.
    can reveal be made in thread?

mallow:
    can he be healed by anohter mallow?

PD:
    is she informed of immuned rbs?

PT (neutral):
    is she informed of lost vests?

mario (evil):
    is he immune to rb? if not does he kill the rber if they target him?