New Forum Celebratory Master's Cup! - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: New Forum Celebratory Master's Cup!

I might have to cancel cuz thats my birthday party
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
    I agree with NorthStar. Please make it earlier a bit for the people on EST (which most are)
    Lix is in Australia.. People on this forum are from all over the world. You shouldn't assume everyone is on the East Coast.
    Player Report Guidelines: Click Here
    *Guidelines likely out of date

Spoiler : Forum Mafia :
    | | FMVII: Citizen (W) | FMVI: Pride (W) | FMVIII: Ghost (L) | FMIX: Proletarian (W) | FMX: Student (L) | FMXI: Co-Host | FMXII: Fool (W) |
    I saw your party join...

4. ISO #54
    Direwolf

I'm just saying that generally most people I've encountered are in EST coast. Just tone it back an hour please.
    Last edited by ; November 26th, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

5. ISO #55
    SilentShadow

I encounter a lot more west coast and central people, so I don't agree with your assumption. I'm central canada so 9:00 saturday it is, which is fine by me.

6. ISO #56
    Computer

yea iam in the east cost too

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

The Lists should now be published.

If you cant make the set time please post in here, or if I somehow missed your sign up

So far both groups have 14, so ill be cutting a role out if need be, but that also means you can sign up in the next couple of days.
    Last edited by ; November 27th, 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60
    SilentShadow

Quote Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
    Yes.

Anything goes in game 4.
    So....

Skyping, trolling, lag chatting, game throwing, and teaming up are all allowed? I'm fine with trolling but that's it... Btw I like my group :3

11. ISO #61

Sign me back up, I can do it!
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student

12. ISO #62
    Yayap

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShadow View Post
    So....

Skyping, trolling, lag chatting, game throwing, and teaming up are all allowed? I'm fine with trolling but that's it... Btw I like my group :3
    Considering that I know what the 4th game settings are, pretty much anything short of intentional game throwing is pointless and will not save you. But I would still keep cheating as a no no.

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64
    Direwolf

So what you're saying is you want it 1 hour earlier?
    Yes, I'm asking that you make it an hour earlier please. Though I'll still be able to make the regular time...I'll just have to change some things around. If this is a problem with any of the attendees then just set it back to the regular time.

15. ISO #65

16. ISO #66

17. ISO #67
    Direwolf

Ty Elixir

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69
    SilentShadow

Quote Originally Posted by TheWaaagh View Post
    Looking over the setups, I'm just wondering: why is full night sequence on for each match? Isn't that just sound effects... kind of a waste of time, no? At least, that's all I've ever noticed with it, correct me if I'm wrong.
    It's there so at least someone can appreciate the time and effort DR put into adding those sounds that represent the assorted deaths that happened during that night. Seeing as the night sequence is never used, we might aswell get some use out of it. Honestly I think that sacrificing the night sequence would add a bit of room for something else that might be used more, just my opinion.

20. ISO #70
    Sixel

I can probably make it
    <---East coast

21. ISO #71

Night Sequence tells you a lot more than people care to think.

Professional Mafia Players know that you can differentiate between Disguiser kills and Janitor/Mafia kills with it, and you can differentiate between doctor heals and immunities with it.

That, and this is the full Mafia experience. Not battle net shit.
    Photobucket in 2017

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74
    SilentShadow

Night Sequence tells you a lot more than people care to think.

Professional Mafia Players know that you can differentiate between Disguiser kills and Janitor/Mafia kills with it, and you can differentiate between doctor heals and immunities with it.

That, and this is the full Mafia experience. Not battle net shit.
    Interesting... I had no idea that you could differentiate the kills using the sounds. If only I knew which sound meant what >.> XD

I do have a sort of problem with that though :/ The point of a disguiser kill is that it's to be seen in secret, and leave people in question. Was it a janitor? Was it a disguiser? Who is the fake person here if there is one? These possibilities aid the mafia in their victory, and helping the town realise "Well someone was disguised today... Lets find the lier, and kill him" which makes things worse for the mafia, and easier for the town. Same with healing, if you hear the immunity sound, and it's a GF being attacked, they can't claim being healed by a doctor like most would do. It removes some lying opportunities and secrets, which is what this game is all about. Also in reality if you heard a person get killed but tehy didn't die, you probably wouldn't hear "Don't worry I'm gonna save you! *ZAP*" or "Hah! Your attempts are pointless as I am invincible!" because you're probably asleep, like most other people.... Maybe affects like that should be for the spy only? That would make sense and be a little more fair in my opinion.

25. ISO #75
    RandomNumbers0

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShadow View Post
    ... Maybe affects like that should be for the spy only? That would make sense and be a little more fair in my opinion.
    And lookout.

on another note, Three days...
    Can't wait. Man if i cant make that day...>.<

26. ISO #76
    RandomNumbers0

Also WOO host and WOO D.R

27. ISO #77
    BeeGee

Sorry for the late notice, but I can't make it. Something came up.

28. ISO #78
    SilentShadow

4 more hours people!

29. ISO #79

Chat channels will be used for ease of access:

Group 1 will join Elixir Cup Mafia
    Group 2 will join oops Cup Mafia

I am expecting no shows so I may fill groups up with people from mafia channel if Ive seen them around a bit. These games should be 13 players +
    Photobucket in 2017

30. ISO #80
    Kaine

I just now found out you guys do this stuff, and that's awesome. I'm in and in channel right now at 8:30 pm EST... I'll fill in for no shows or whatever. I'd love to play with the pros. I only found this game a couple months ago, and I play it all the time. I'm not sure if I have the points for it. I can do afro... is that enough? Let me know.

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

It's all about the EU servers, seriously
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86
    Direwolf

Game commencing. Direwolf failing horribly initiating. Let the games begin folks!

37. ISO #87

Who has lost every game you ask? Why the man with over 10K score!
    Player Report Guidelines: Click Here
    *Guidelines likely out of date

Spoiler : Forum Mafia :
    | | FMVII: Citizen (W) | FMVI: Pride (W) | FMVIII: Ghost (L) | FMIX: Proletarian (W) | FMX: Student (L) | FMXI: Co-Host | FMXII: Fool (W) |
    I saw your party join...

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90
    Direwolf

I say we do this thing regularly, like, every other weekend maybe. It was fun. Even though i only won 1/3.

41. ISO #91

42. ISO #92

43. ISO #93
    Kaine

Ok, I asked around about how they determine winners for this. No one knew. I won the first three games, and lost the troll session. How do you determine winners?

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

Quote Originally Posted by Goremancer View Post
    Idk i wasn't playing to win. I was playing to get away from the pubs.
    Werent we all?

46. ISO #96
    Kaine

Oh. Well... that's fine if there are no winners, but I think it's mis-named as a cup, if there's no cup. If they aren't gonna' keep track of winners and announce them, I don't think I have much interest in coming to another one. I like to compete, and I think it makes the game more fun. I also like playing away from the pubs... but we can do that any time. Tournies should be organized with winners involved for each cup and announced on the forums (and possibly in game, to encourage more people to come and play).

47. ISO #97

I believe the idea is that Elixir is going to watch the replays and decide who had the best play overall.

Though, if he doesn't feel like going through all that work I don't think I'd blame him.
    FMII: Armorsmith | FMIII: Napoli Godfather | FMIV: Arsonist | FMV: Doctor | FMVI: Greed | FMVIII: Consigliere | FMXVI: Citizen | MFMXVII: Bus Driver | FMXX: Mason

Il giusto è solo chi sa fingerlo meglio

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99