S-FM Mafia Wars (13P) - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM Mafia Wars

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaladin View Post
    I probably can if both of you want to, @Firebringer @PowersThatBe
    Just dont post in chat after we're dead so we don't have to bring @MattZed into our skype chat again LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by PowersThatBe View Post
    Shut up cow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Did you just fucking call him a cow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

2. ISO #52

@MattZed Approved for signups!
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    fucketh me in the ass

3. ISO #53

I've removed Consig and made Godfather a possible Gambino/Luciano role. Consort no longer leaves feedback. The FBI may now kill on the night after they convert a mole.

Thinking of adding the following:
    Blackmailer
    At night, you may blackmail someone.
    A blackmailed player's vote will count for 0 the following day.
    You have two uses of this ability.
    Madman
    At any time during day, you may PM me to brutalize another player.
    You and the brutalized player will instantly die, although your roles will not be revealed until day end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

4. ISO #54

I've removed Consig and made Godfather a possible Gambino/Luciano role. Consort no longer leaves feedback. The FBI may now kill on the night after they convert a mole.

YAS MAKE ME THIS ROLE YAS. brutalizer YAS.

@BananaCucho you better hope
    Shut up cow.
    No, he played as well as he could. He had you right in the palm of his fucking hand all game and you STILL don’t get that. He played you like a fucking fiddle, and it was so obvious and it pains me that nobody else saw it.

5. ISO #55

When I saw Blackmailer's name, I was initially worried that it would be the standard Silencer role. Thank God it isn't.

I actually don't hate these changes and I like the idea of the negative-vote power being used.

Suicide Bomber is also a pretty good scum role because caught scum can use it to take out a strong townie before they die.

I'm going to suggest that the Doctor feedback is removed though - I don't think having confirmed heals is a good idea in this game.

@PowersThatBe - I second this. I think "brutal" might be a good descriptor for your play ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    When I saw Blackmailer's name, I was initially worried that it would be the standard Silencer role. Thank God it isn't.

I actually don't hate these changes and I like the idea of the negative-vote power being used.

Suicide Bomber is also a pretty good scum role because caught scum can use it to take out a strong townie before they die.

I'm going to suggest that the Doctor feedback is removed though - I don't think having confirmed heals is a good idea in this game.

@PowersThatBe - I second this. I think "brutal" might be a good descriptor for your play ;)
    @Calix unrelenting as well?
    Shut up cow.

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

@Calix unrelenting as well?
    Like a steamroller crashing into a factory, my dear.
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

9. ISO #59

10. ISO #60

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

Yeah, I'll remove healing feedback too.

EDIT: I may buff Tailor to be able to override a last will, if they so choose.
    Good idea. However, it does lead to last will having specific traits that shows who it is and not fabricated (this part from ika) He can talk about it more in thread but isn't online atm.

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    The Blackmailer is very interesting, it may very well be used as town if everyone gets to agree on the target.
    It's a negative utility role -- not really useful to the Town other than end-game if there's a possibility of being outvoted. You should not randomly strip votes away from someone who could be on your team.

15. ISO #65

Make bming able to silnce ptb, allow it unlimited uses, and use on N0. Then PL ptb day 1 for "inactivity" -- best way to get get around banning signs.
    Shut up cow.

16. ISO #66

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    It's a negative utility role -- not really useful to the Town other than end-game if there's a possibility of being outvoted. You should not randomly strip votes away from someone who could be on your team.
    I never said it should be used randomly, i see it used like a vigi, town gets to a consensus to blackmail the most scumread player, look at Fringe for example.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    [23:19:39] DarknessB:
    -vote Sino

17. ISO #67

Knowing the play on this site, everyone will use the no-vote ability all game every game.

It's an ability with a shiny red button so people are going to use it regardless of how bad an idea it actually is xD

18. ISO #68

19. ISO #69

Knowing the play on this site, everyone will use the no-vote ability all game every game.

It's an ability with a shiny red button so people are going to use it regardless of how bad an idea it actually is xD
    I'm sorry to assume town could work out the best target together like it did in Fringe.
    [23:19:33] DarknessB: Sino is Mass Murderer -- I don't care if there isn't one in the setup!
    -vote Sino

20. ISO #70

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    /out

I've played all 3 mafia wars. It's time to retire it
    BUT....BUT....BRUTALIZER...
    Shut up cow.

21. ISO #71

22. ISO #72

I'm sorry to assume town could work out the best target together like it did in Fringe.
    Apologies for pressing your passive-aggression button, but I wasn't talking about you specifically

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

Apologies for pressing your passive-aggression button, but I wasn't talking about you specifically
    Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    LOL, I think you need to read Day 1 of Mafia Wars III to understand how disorganized and chaotic the Town usually is in big games.
    Yeah, you guys are right, time to direct my passive-aggressiveness towards someone else.
    -vote Sino

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Angel View Post
    I suggest you to make a starting mole player in setup who can choose their role.
    While I see the point of this, it is also my hope that, by removing half of the conversion-immune roles from the game and letting FBI attack the night after a conversion, they will have received enough of a buff that this will prove unnecessary.

28. ISO #78

While I see the point of this, it is also my hope that, by removing half of the conversion-immune roles from the game and letting FBI attack the night after a conversion, they will have received enough of a buff that this will prove unnecessary.
    hmm so fbi can't kill n0 but can ask for a mole - which might turn up citizen and they will be a vanilla team.

I just hate when a game starts with the element of luck, But with removing godfather, cons I feel its actually more fair now.

and please let fbi agent do agent chack with recruiting and kill - at least let the fake claim work! - if not change it from agent. claiming agent is suicide for them atm - and you put an underboos in game who sees them as agent

29. ISO #79

I am also considering, in addition to the two roles above:
    Journalist
    At night, you may write an anonymous article by PM'ing me.
    Your article will be displayed publicly the following day.
    Alternatively, you can select a player in day to interview.
    That player may then write an article that night, which will be revealed the following day.

30. ISO #80

hmm so fbi can't kill n0 but can ask for a mole - which might turn up citizen and they will be a vanilla team.

I just hate when a game starts with the element of luck, But with removing godfather, cons I feel its actually more fair now.

and please let fbi agent do agent chack with recruiting and kill - at least let the fake claim work! - if not change it from agent. claiming agent is suicide for them atm - and you put an underboos in game who sees them as agent
    I am not opposed to giving the FBI Agent an investigative night action for when they already have a mole.

The point of them showing up as Agent is because they're the strongest role in the game, which should be balanced by making their anti-Underboss roleclaim more difficult. (although you can get clues from what your partner does and what's said in the anonymous chat)

31. ISO #81

I am not opposed to giving the FBI Agent an investigative night action for when they already have a mole.

The point of them showing up as Agent is because they're the strongest role in the game, which should be balanced by making their anti-Underboss roleclaim more difficult. (although you can get clues from what your partner does and what's said in the anonymous chat)
    the anon chat with lucinos are more beneficial to the orange team when game starts. its about what team can find the other scum identity and pet it. I would argue that FBI agent is actually weak even if its a semi cult rec and serial killer but noone will listen and everyone will just call me biased so I won't. FBI agent is the only citizen scum in this game whose fake claim is actually the dead of him. his partner won't be able to give him any results as they don't have day chat.

32. ISO #82

the anon chat with lucinos are more beneficial to the orange team when game starts. its about what team can find the other scum identity and pet it. I would argue that FBI agent is actually weak even if its a semi cult rec and serial killer but noone will listen and everyone will just call me biased so I won't. FBI agent is the only citizen scum in this game whose fake claim is actually the dead of him. his partner won't be able to give him any results as they don't have day chat.
    The point of the anon chat is supposed to be for coordinating kills, although this unfortunately has not been the case.

tbf, I do get the point about FBI, and I've been considering outright not restricting their ability to recruit moles when one dies.

33. ISO #83

It won't be used for cordinating kills as the orange team starts the game stronger- they don't need cordination and will try anything to know FBI identity to force them to cooprate.

and I believe removing that restriction is not enough as it won't remove the agent fake claim problem.

I'm too tired to discuss this sorry!

34. ISO #84

Yeah, I'll remove healing feedback too.

EDIT: I may buff Tailor to be able to override a last will, if they so choose.
    I am going to suggest removing Last Wills, but that may be a bit too troll with two-shot Tailors.

I am also considering, in addition to the two roles above:
    Not sure on this one - it doesn't really DO anything other than self-confirm itself. If you took out Last Wills then it might become a way for people to forward information/ mislead town but otherwise I am iffy here.

Have you considered giving the FBI Agent a secondary role? OR giving them 1-shot immunity to night kills? (wouldn't do both) That faction seems rather under-powered at the moment.

You could give the scum day-chat if you want more coordination. I don't think the anonymous scum chat has proved to be very useful in games, but do correct me if I am wrong here.

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Talking about that, I re-read MW 2 todsy and... Jesus, what did Duck and I do. Fucking hilarious.
    Remember your post after Duck's beguiler claim where you insulted him with everything you could ? That was fucking hilarious.
    -vote Sino

38. ISO #88

39. ISO #89

40. ISO #90

The point of the anon chat is supposed to be for coordinating kills, although this unfortunately has not been the case

tbf, I do get the point about FBI, and I've been considering outright not restricting their ability to recruit moles when one dies.
    Role: True Godfather
    Ability:MattZed can reveal himself. Modkill anyone break the rule. He cannot be killed since he controls this world
    Cons: when god reveal himself, MattZed has to praise and write down the Bible: you made a good name to yourself
    Last edited by Yukitaka Oni; December 8th, 2016 at 04:31 PM.

v)o.o)^
    A rare Yuki in ultimate form

Yukitaka Oni ~Tafkal Hit Squad Member~

41. ISO #91

WAT. I for sure did not do that. I did everything, but not that.
    I FOUND IT #496

Let me copy/paste that for you :

Duck, I hope your fucking head explodes. We're at fucking L-4. I hope your head understands that. Or are you so fucking retarded that you can't? Seriously, you have to fucking tell me about these things before posting it. PLUS this was fucking ridiculous. It's like revealing as mayor D1 being L-91382139012380912. I'm not in a good mood today and, really, this just made me rage. I hope you consider your nazi attitude as fucking horrible and nuke yourself if needed. Thanks.

-Gyrlander/Bulbasaur/I don't give a shit

Arguably your best post ever Gyrlander <3
    -vote Sino

42. ISO #92

I FOUND IT #496

Let me copy/paste that for you :

Duck, I hope your fucking head explodes. We're at fucking L-4. I hope your head understands that. Or are you so fucking retarded that you can't? Seriously, you have to fucking tell me about these things before posting it. PLUS this was fucking ridiculous. It's like revealing as mayor D1 being L-91382139012380912. I'm not in a good mood today and, really, this just made me rage. I hope you consider your nazi attitude as fucking horrible and nuke yourself if needed. Thanks.

-Gyrlander/Bulbasaur/I don't give a shit

Arguably your best post ever Gyrlander <3
    ROFL. I remember that. It actually was a post that I planned along with Duck to make our claim more credible. I would never insult anyone that much.

OMG that game has more gems than expected

Thank you Anonymous Donor

43. ISO #93

ROFL. I remember that. It actually was a post that I planned along with Duck to make our claim more credible. I would never insult anyone that much.

OMG that game has more gems than expected
    That made it 100% credible, for sure xD
    -vote Sino

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

I've added Blackmailer and Brutalizer (since everyone was calling it that), and made the FBI agent immune to the Luciano kill. Further suggestions, especially on how to make the FBI more competitive, are appreciated.

EDIT: I'm currently holding off on making FBI Agent able to choose their own role appearance because I want them to be vulnerable to Underboss by virtue of being the strongest scum role, but I am still considering this change.

46. ISO #96

I've added Blackmailer and Brutalizer (since everyone was calling it that), and made the FBI agent immune to the Luciano kill. Further suggestions, especially on how to make the FBI more competitive, are appreciated.

EDIT: I'm currently holding off on making FBI Agent able to choose their own role appearance because I want them to be vulnerable to Underboss by virtue of being the strongest scum role, but I am still considering this change.
    I've spent a good amount of time thinking about the weaknesses of the role, and I am confident that the following carefully designed retool would be give the role some seriously needed "bounce" and viability in the next Mafia Wars:

FBI Agent
    Using https://geoguessr.com you must get a score of 12,500 or higher in a 5 round single player mode and submit the screenshot of all 5 location scores and the total for the night. If you do you earn an item at night that will allow unique actions.

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

FBI is actually your weakest scum role in this setup