High score, Low games played?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1
    Sookie

High score, Low games played?

at the beginning of every game i always go into help and check and see how many points and games played people have becoause i wnat to get an idea of how experienced the crowd of people i am dealing with is. but sometimes there's something i notice that bugs me...

I will see people with few then 100 wins, or even 100 games with 3000+ points. i'm just shy of 300 games played myself with about 90 wins and i only just broke 2300 points, and its not too common that i find players with greater then 300 games and they often have lots of points. (note that i lose a crap load of roulette and bet big, but i guess i would around be around 2500-2800 if i never gambled) so seeing people with such high scores with so few games confuses me, and makes me think somethings fishy.

anyone know if this could be a bug? or maybe they can edit how many points they have themselves? they cant be THAT good at gambling, come on.

2. ISO #2

Re: High score, Low games played?

When the current points system was implemented I had played probably had around 2500 points or so, but recorded 0 games. Some players it recorded 200 games, but points in the hundreds.

Some play roulette. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Player Report Guidelines: Click Here
    *Guidelines likely out of date

Spoiler : Forum Mafia :
    | | FMVII: Citizen (W) | FMVI: Pride (W) | FMVIII: Ghost (L) | FMIX: Proletarian (W) | FMX: Student (L) | FMXI: Co-Host | FMXII: Fool (W) |
    I saw your party join...

3. ISO #3
    Sookie

ah, that would explain it. wonder why stats got all screwy for some people *Shrug*

i'll keep that in mind when checking stats before a game.

4. ISO #4
    NettleS

The only stat worth anything is points , games played/wins is pretty meaningless.

5. ISO #5
    Yayap

Quote Originally Posted by NettleS View Post
    The only stat worth anything is points , games played/wins is pretty meaningless.
    You can ask Fred how inaccurate that would be. I still only have just over 1000 points but I gamble. Fred alone has taken 500 of my points if not more.

6. ISO #6
    Sookie

Quote Originally Posted by NettleS View Post
    not really, some people could just have alot of bad luck and a bad gambling addiction, or get stuck with game throwers, bad teammates ect. and have a lower score. a person whom has played alot of games i know has alot of experience, be it good or bad they have a general idea of whats going on.

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8
    Yayap

Quote Originally Posted by Ambient View Post
    I have probably lost 1.5k in gambling...
    I've lost more... roulette does not like me.

Also, games won mostly depend on what team you are on. Get lots of neutrals and your most likely loose many. Get stuck with bad settings, again you'll loose. Get on an OP team and you'll win regardless of skill.

I usually ignore all stats when playing the game and assume they know how to play. Only stat that I pay attention to is if they have very few points meaning that they are a newb.

9. ISO #9
    NettleS

Quote Originally Posted by Yayap View Post
    I usually ignore all stats when playing the game and assume they know how to play. Only stat that I pay attention to is if they have very few points meaning that they are a newb.
    Pretty much.
    Still see heaps of people with more wins than games played because they played most of their games before the changes.