Want to buy a New Computer. - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: Want to buy a New Computer.

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Are there any key times in the year to buy a new computer where prices are low? Like January? Or are prices consistent?
    They can change weekly, because people put on random sales, or offer rebates, free shipping events, ect
    I used this site, it gives the best prices for a part and tells compatibility between parts chosen:
    www.pcpartpicker.com

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Are there any key times in the year to buy a new computer where prices are low? Like January? Or are prices consistent?
    You typically want to buy just as new technologies are being released -- that makes prices go down all existing products which are now a generation behind. In several different places, I've heard Quarter 3 is a good time for computers generally just based on when Intel releases new processors / chipsets. That said, you can get good deals at most times during the year -- it's just looking for sales / promotions vs. paying sticker price.

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    They can change weekly, because people put on random sales, or offer rebates, free shipping events, ect
    I used this site, it gives the best prices for a part and tells compatibility between parts chosen:
    www.pcpartpicker.com
    Agreed on this, especially if you're building a machine of your own. If you're looking to buy a prebuilt, then it's more a question of whatever promotions the manufacturer / store happens to have at any given time.

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

Nice ^^

Is it actually possible to get a computer these days? Are new computers seen as essential?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Nice ^^

Is it actually possible to get a computer these days? Are new computers seen as essential?
    I can order the parts off the internet and they turn up.

Computers are extremely essential. I mean, everything uses then.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

10. ISO #60

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I can order the parts off the internet and they turn up.

Computers are extremely essential. I mean, everything uses then.
    Fair, but I was wondering about new computers. I guess nobody will cry if that's allowed though lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

11. ISO #61
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Nice. Haven't gotten to upgrade mine for five years now.
    I’m still using my 2017 Mac.
    It works for gaming as long as you play strategy games.

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

14. ISO #64

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Nice ^^

Decent computers are like a requirement to work in this quarantine now.

Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

15. ISO #65

£178.98 Intel Core i5 4690K Processor (3.5 GHz, 6 MB Cache, LGA1150 Socket)
    £113.73 Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING-5 - GIGABYTE INTEL LGA1150 Z97 4*DDR3 6*USB3.0 8*USB2.0 HDMI DVI-I DSUB ATX MOTHERBOARD
    £269.94 MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 Gaming Twin Frozr HDMI DVI-I DP Graphics Card (4GB, PCI Express, DDR5, 256 Bit)
    £133.00 Samsung 2.5-Inch 500 GB 850 EVO Solid State Drive
    £87.50 G.Skill Ripjaws-X Memory Memory 16GB (1600MHz, 240-pin, 2x 8GB, CL10) DIMM DDR3 Memory Kit
    £38.80 Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB 3.5 inch Hard Drive
    £57.98 Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU
    £24.99 Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)
    £49.99 Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX Computer Case - Black

Subtotal (9 items): £954.91 (Aprox)

Would it be cheaper to buy and ship from America?
    Don't get an Intel lmao, Intel is objectively awful. Buy whatever 3rd gen AMD Ryzen you can afford.

16. ISO #66

Quote Originally Posted by oops_ur_dead View Post
    Don't get an Intel lmao, Intel is objectively awful. Buy whatever 3rd gen AMD Ryzen you can afford.
    Well, at the time of the post you are quoting, everybody would have said AMD is objectively awful and you should only get an intel
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

17. ISO #67