S-FM: Werewolf Assault - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

2. ISO #52

Re: S-FM: Werewolf Assault

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    How do people feel about the factional roleblock not leaving feedback? I'm thinking of implementing this so that it doesn't become a town-confirmer.
    I like it.
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

3. ISO #53

I might want to change jailor mechanic because no-lynch seems to be quite rare in S-FMs nowadays.

Current things being considered:
    Make it a limited-use (2?) jail that can be used any night
    Swapping out for another power role, such as a "werewolf hunter" that has a lot of one-use abilities (or dropping altogether, since I still think my setup favors town)
    Allow jail to happen after any no-lynch or mislynch. (would probably have to buff scum somehow, since this would be a town buff)

4. ISO #54

Currently thinking of replacing Jailor will the following role: (basically just adds a lot of deception potential to the game)

Half-Blood
    Players are not informed of being a Half-Blood; they are given a Citizen rolecard instead.
    If a doctor visits you, you will receive feedback informing you that you are a Half-Blood.

You appear as a werewolf to sheriff investigations.
    If a priest visits you, they will attempt to kill you; if they are successful, you will appear as a lycanthrope in the graveyard.
    (you will appear as a Citizen if killed by other means)
    If the werewolves kill you, you will instead be converted to a lycanthrope.
    Last edited by MattZed; August 1st, 2015 at 07:34 AM.

5. ISO #55

Is Amnesiac's decision revealed to the players (Like in the SC2 Mod)?

Can Werewolves and Lycanthropes send one person to kill AND roleblock or do they have to send two people?

My main concern is the straight-forwardness of the game. It's pretty easy to figure out who the towns from a role claim since roles are closed. Town also has too much killing potential. Priest doesn't risk hurting town when he looks for scum to purify. I know there's a factional roleblock, but even then, Town has enough roles to either stop Werewolves from killing/converting or outright hunt them.
    Last edited by Orpz; August 1st, 2015 at 01:01 PM.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Is Amnesiac's decision revealed to the players (Like in the SC2 Mod)?
    An amnesiac's decision to change is never made public.

Can Werewolves and Lycanthropes send one person to kill AND roleblock or do they have to send two people?
    They don't send people to kill, so they only need one member alive to perform both factional actions.

My main concern is the straight-forwardness of the game. It's pretty easy to figure out who the towns from a role claim since roles are closed. Town also has too much killing potential. Priest doesn't risk hurting town when he looks for scum to purify. I know there's a factional roleblock, but even then, Town has enough roles to either stop Werewolves from killing/converting or outright hunt them.
    I actually think I have one of the HARDEST to figure out town of recent S-FMs. Basically nothing leaves feedback, and this a cult game. Further, town has one investigative roll and there will be a miller. No one knows how many power roles have been converted, and there are so many cits in this game that it's actually fairly safe for scum to claim to be one. Role claims are one of the things I'm least worried about for my setup.

One thing I had been considering changing is to reduce the lycan count by 1 and start on a night phase to make a D1 massclaim that much less viable.

7. ISO #57

But I'm glad you share my feelings that the town is a little strong. I've also been thinking of increasing the no-more-recruiting bar to 4 instead of 3. At the end of the day, the only way the town is going to win is if they, at some point, lynch the WEREWOLF. There are quite a few cits the Werewolf can hide among.

I was also considering causing TPRs to keep their abilities upon become lycanthropes. (Amnesiac would be able to become main wolf, Sheriff becomes exact-role, doc becomes anti-priest) I feel that would make the game too swingy, however, especially if the Amnesiac is converted.

8. ISO #58

Where's the Miller in your setup? (I see it in the thread but it didn't seem to be included in the setup)

I really like the idea of having the game start N1 and 1 less initial Lycanthrope. I'm thinking that should greatly balance out the threat of a d1 mass roleclaim.

To answer your PM, I'll almost certainly approve for signups right after your next response

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

9. ISO #59

Where's the Miller in your setup? (I see it in the thread but it didn't seem to be included in the setup)

I really like the idea of having the game start N1 and 1 less initial Lycanthrope. I'm thinking that should greatly balance out the threat of a d1 mass roleclaim.

To answer your PM, I'll almost certainly approve for signups right after your next response
    Miller will be added now. Was mostly seeing what people thought of it.

I am editing the main post to make night start on D1 as we speak.

While you're here, what do you think of increasing the conversion cap? I think 3 total werewolves is a nice balance point, but it's always good to have another set of eyes.

Edit: Main post updated.
    Last edited by MattZed; August 1st, 2015 at 04:55 PM.

10. ISO #60

Miller will be added now. Was mostly seeing what people thought of it.

I am editing the main post to make night start on D1 as we speak.

While you're here, what do you think of increasing the conversion cap? I think 3 total werewolves is a nice balance point, but it's always good to have another set of eyes.

Edit: Main post updated.
    In my opinion, I think increasing conversion cap would help but only if it can be broken once before going back to 3. 4 Scums is pretty tough to get past, and lynching one of them wouldn't really help unless it was the Werewolf.

Mafia Conversion <-> Town Conversion Block + Town Killing
    Mafia Killing <-> Town Heal
    Mafia Roleblock <-> Town Roleblock x2....A little wary here
    Miller's Deception <-> Town Investigative

I believe I can approve this and any future minor changes. Please list any change you make from this point on in a separate post.
    Approved

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63