FM/M-FM Idea
Register

User Tag List

Thread: FM/M-FM Idea

1. ISO #1

FM/M-FM Idea

Hello!

So, I have been putting together some ideas for an FM/M-FM, and would like some more ideas and input

Table of Contents
    Factions
    Races
    Day & Night Cycles
    Galactic Space Credits
    Items
    Bounties
    Jedi Role Cards

Factions
    Empire
    • The Mafia-type Faction.
    • Has night chat.
    • Has factional kill.
    • Shared bank.

Qulok's Fist
    • Neutral Faction, aka Bounty Hunters.
    • Can collect bounties.
    • Has a night chat.
    • Shared bank.

Rebellion
    • Town Faction.
    • Individual banks.

Races
    Balosar
    • Immune to the negative effects of Death Sticks.
    • Can have two roles. Still only may use one action.

Cerean
    • Can use two night actions.

Droid
    • Immune to Knowledge Drain.
    • Immune to Healing (Cannot be healed).
    • Immune to Force Healing.
    • Immune to Roleblock.
    • Immune to Inflict Pain.
    • Immune to Possession.
    • Immune to Mind Trick.
    • Immune to Inspire.

Dug
    • Immune to Possession.
    • Immune to Mind Trick.

Gungan
    • Immune to Drain Knowledge.

Human
    • Items cost 100 credits less.
    • Item discount does not affect Qulok's Fist or Empire due to shared Banks unless all living members are Human.

Hutt
    • Appears as Citizen to all forms of Investigation from any Faction.
    • Immune to Roleblock.

Wookie
    • One Auto-Vest.

Day & Night Cycle
    • Each Day Length is determined by the Planet/Moon you are currently on.
    • Day Length will always be in 12 hour periods, with a mininum length of 24 hours.
    • Each Night Length is determined by the distance it takes to travel to another Planet/Moon.
    • Night Length will always be in 12 hour periods, with a minimum length of 24 hours.

Galactic Space Credits
    • Each Player starts with 500 Galactic Space Credits each.
    • Non-Rebellion Faction members may spend their credits on items for an ally.
    • Credits are earned via the Jedi Relic mechanic.
    • Each day begins the excavation of a new Jedi Relic.
      • If a Rebellion Player is lynched, all Non-Rebellion Players will gain the total value of the relic, divided by the number of living non-Rebellion Players.
      • If a Non-Rebellion Player is lynched, all Rebellion Players will gain the total value of the relic, divided by the number of living Rebellion Players.
      • If no one is lynched, the value is divided between all living players.
    • Galactic Space Credits can only be spent at night.

Items
    • You cannot use any item the same night you buy it.
    • Using an item replaces your night action.
    • You can not use multiple items per night, unless under the effect of death sticks or are Cerean.
    • Only one death stick can be used per night, and does not count as an action.

Death Sticks (200)
    • Allows your to use an extra night action at night.
    • Players have a 50% chance to become addicted to Death Sticks.
      • If a Player becomes addicted to Death Sticks, they no longer can obtain Galactic Space Credits and bank depletes to 0.
    • May be purchased by any Player.

Cortosis Armor (300)
    • 1-Use vest that protects against everything except Corruption.
    • Using the vest takes the place of a night action.
    • May be purchased by any Player.

Counterfeit Cortosis Armor (300)
    • Causes the next Cortosis Vest purchased to be replaced with a counterfeit version.
    • A Counterfeit vest will not protect from attacks.
    • Players are not informed if vest is fake.
    • May be purchased by any non-Rebellion Player.

Blaster (750)
    • 1-Use gun.
    • Using the gun takes the place of a night action.
    • May be purchased by any Rebellion Player.

Counterfeit Blaster (750)
    • Causes the next Blaster purchased to be replaced with a counterfeit version.
    • A Counterfeit gun will not kill anybody.
    • Players are not informed if gun is fake.
    • May be purchased by any non-Rebellion Player.

Holocron (800)
    • A Holocron contains Jedi Knowledge in the form of a role.
    • All roles are available inside a Holocron, but an alignment will never change.
    • Buying a Holocron as a Rebellion Player will change your role to whatever role is in the Holocron.
    • Buying a Holocron as a non-Rebellion Player will destroy the Holocron, and the knowledge inside.
    • Not every Holocron contains a Power Role.
    • A Player may choose which Holocron they wish to purchase.
    • Maximum 10 Holocrons in the game.
    • Holocrons are opened at the end of the night they are bought.

Douse/Burn (100)
    • Douse a Player in fuel, or burn all Players currently doused.
    • Does not pierce immunity or healing.
    • Players are informed of being doused.
    • Burning is not detectable by Lookouts or Detectives.
    • May be purchased by members of Qulok's Fist.

Long-ranged Blaster (200)
    • Kill one player at night.

Mine (300)
    • Place a mine on a player, killing them and whoever visits them.

Incinerate (300)
    • Follow up your kill by incinerating your target.
    • Destroys role and last will.

Bounties
    • All living Players may place a Bounty on another player at night.
    • Placing a Bounty automatically suspends those Galactic Space Credits in the transaction.
    • If a Bounty Hunter kills a target at night, or takes part in a lynch on that player, the Bounty Hunter Faction will earn the Bounty.
    • The minimum value a Bounty can be is 100.
    • The Empire must select two free 500 bounties during Night 0. If they are not chosen, the Bounties are selected randomly between all living Players, excluding Bounty Hunters.
    • Bounties can be helpful to direct kills away from team mates and confirmed Rebels.
    • If no bounty is placed two nights in a row, a random bounty will be placed on a non-Qulok's Fist player.
    • All current Bounties and values are posted to the town every morning.

JESUS CHRIST SITH FINE SITH OMGUse a dark side force power at night.
    • Possession: Target one player at night, forcing them to target & visit somone else.
      • Target is informed of Witching.
    • Corruption: Target one player at night, killing them.
      • Pierces immunity & healing (not Force Healing).
      • 1-use per Faction.
    • Inflict Pain: Target one player at night, roleblocking them.
      • Target is informed of Roleblock.
      • Does not detect roleblock immunity.
    • Drain Knowledge: Target one player at night, receiving their feedback instead of them.
    • Ionize: Target one player at night, roleblocking them for two nights if they're a Droid.
    • Immune to Mind Trick.
    • Can be sent for the Empire factional night kill.

Jedi
    Use a light side force power at night.
    • Force Healing: Target one player at night, protecting them from all attacks.
      • Notified of successful healing.
    • Inspire: Target one player at night, allowing them to use their night action and extra time the following night.
    • Protection Bubble: Protect yourself from all attacks.
      • One use per Jedi.
    • Mind Trick: Target one player at night, forcing them to target & visit somone else.
      • Target is informed of Witching.
    • Force Stun: Target one player at night, roleblocking them.
      • Target is informed of Roleblock.
      • Does not detect roleblock immunity.
    • Ionize: Target one player at night, roleblocking them for two nights if they're a Droid.
    • Immune to Mind Trick.
    • Immune to Possession.

There will be a full role list of other normal roles, but Jedi is just a possible role unique to this game.
    Last edited by Cryptonic; June 1st, 2015 at 07:07 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: FM/M-FM Idea

+many
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

SITH PLS
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Received PM:

Thanks for sending these

I'll copy and paste your comment, and then answer

1. [Qulok's Fist] Win objectives to win solo (Evil neutrals), win with other neutrals (another mafia faction), or win with other factions (true neutral)?

The Bounty hunters share a win condition, but there can be other neutrals that are non-Bounty Hunter aligned. I was leaning towards solo win, but haven't confirmed yet.

2. so 500 times the amount of neutrals for starting bank, more on this later *1.

Yes, they would have that many points as their night actions are based on getting money.

3. I'm assuming you will be assigning the races and players don't get to choose. Races look well balanced.

Nope, no choice. Chosen for balance.

4. Human Citizens will be boring and might get players to rolequit..

Yea, but I will try to get a nice balance between all roles so that this isn't a huge issue. But it runs the risk regardless of what race is Citizen. I can try to think of something for the Human race so it's not so tame.

5/6. Game time 12 hours. Real time 24h, right? Is night length variable or not? This says it is but the next point says it's always 12 hours.

Day/Night still are a minimum of 24 hours, but then can be any variation of length based on 12 hour periods. 24/36/48/ect

7. This seems to favor mafia and neutrals because of the shared banks. Example, if relic is worth say 500 credits. If non town is lynched, each town would get a very small portion of that amount and assuming that town will have the bigger number of players most likely not enough to buy anything. However if a town is lynched, because of the shared banks, it is only divided by the 2 factions (ratio based on living players in each) and they will be able to buy items really fast.

That's true, I hadn't thought of that. But even if Mafia/Neutrals buy items fast, they count as a night action and can only be used once per night (I didn't specify this, but I will add it in). Only normal Mafia-only items can be effective if purchased in large quantites, but don't effect the overall balance of the game. ie. Destroying Holocrons and counterfeiting items. I will think about how I can make the money-earning system more balanced, though. I could have it so that the "shared bank" counts as 1 player, but that might be too little for the Bounty Hunters if no one purchases bounties.
    Also, I think that if town does acquire too many points, it would be a bad thing. So might be better for balance for them to receive less.

8/9/10. Deathsticks: Can he use multiple death sticks in the same night allowing 3+ actions?
    Players have a 50% chance to become addicted to Death Sticks. flipping a coin?
    If a Player becomes addicted to Death Sticks, they no longer can obtain Galactic Space Credits and bank depletes to 0. I would assume only Balosar players would buy Death Sticks in this case.

No, only one item can be used at once, I will clarify this.
    Yes, it will be determined by the coin toss application.
    Balosar are probably the likely candidates to buy over and over again, but there will be players who have a night action (that don't want to give it up to use a gun they bought that could be counterfeit) so they might risk the 50% chance to get to use their night action twice.

11. Auto-Vest or Manual use?

Vests are manual use and replace night actions.

12.If multiple people buy a vest that night, how is it decided who gets the fake? PM timestamps, random.org etc... & If no one buys a vest that night, does it persist to the next night and does it stack (4 counterfeit vests bought)

I haven't decided this. I was thinking it would be PM timestamp, but this really gives a bias to people who live in certain time zones. So I was considering random.org to choose who gets the counterfeit(s). I will clarify this once I have decided it.
    The Counterfeit purchase does stack and remains until they are bought.
    Mafia doesn't have many things it can buy other than death/sticks and bounties, so I'm sure they will force a lot of credits towards making guns counterfeit to protect themselves lol.

13. Does the day RP say that (insert dead player name) was killed by a blaster / would it specify what kind of blaster?

I was leaning towards same death description for Vigilante/Blacksmith Guns/Blasters/Long Range Blaster/Mafia Night kill. Only different ones would be Arson, MM, and Corruption, and possibly any other unique role death I decide to put in.

14. Using the gun takes the place of a night action. Long range blaster does not?

I haven't decided if the Bounty Hunters get night actions yet. I am considering giving them Normal Neutral (non killing) roles, but I have to consider the effect this would have. If I did make them have roles, using items would take the place of their night action.

15. Will it be indicated how many are left?

I was thinking of having a list of the Holocron with the #. People would know when one was bought/destroyed, but wouldn't be able to tell the difference, nor what role was inside.

16. Burning/Dousing: Same risk of being detected as long range blaster, but have to pay x+1 to burn. Why would anyone buy this instead of the long range blaster?
    Burning is not detectable by Lookouts or Detectives. But Dousing is?

Good point. I will either reduce dousing/burning, or increase long range blaster cost.
    Dousing is detectable as a Visit, but Burning does not count as a self visit. Appears to have done nothing.

17. *back to the shared bank thingy from above* Depending how many neutrals you include in your setup, you could be looking at a very high KPN due to the cheap price of the long range blaster / shared bank of neutrals. Just 2 players as neutrals would have enough credits to buy 10 blasters. Also, Regular blaster specify that it takes the place of the night action as this does not, I'd assume it does but would require clarification.

Yes, but I haven't clarified well that a player can only use one item at any given time. So even if 2 neutrals bought 10 blasters, that's 2-4 kills depending on race, but 2 realistically. But this is a good point, and I'm going to raise the value of the Long Range Blaster I think.
    I had wanted the Bounty Hunters to be careful with their spending, cause they cannot kill if they run out of money.

18. if healed, would a second blaster shot kill?

Yes, unless healed by Force Healing. However, they would still be bound by the 1-2 night actions (depending on race and status effects).

19. Empire doesn't have much to buy other than counterfeit stuff. For their big money pool, armor and guns will be useless since Empire should always have bought a bunch of counterfeit before the town can afford the real stuff. Buying armor as Empire prevents other actions so it would be ill advised. And once all the Holocrons are destroyed, Empire has nothing else to spend money on for items. I'm assuming this is by design so that the Empire places more bounties.. but I donno if that will play out.
    A single Neutral Balosar players can cause hell on night 2 if he can use unlimited death sticks combined with long-ranged blasters..

Yes, you're right. I purposefully limited Empire's purchases to try to encourage them to use bounties. I do worry that the Empire would choose to not place bounties, which is what is making me lean towards giving the Bounty Hunters non-killing night actions to help them achieve their goal. Maybe I'll do a random 200 bounty every night that a bounty isn't placed to give them more a chance and to encourage people to place bounties. I'll think about how to make it balanced for the Bounty Hunters.

A Neutral Balosar is still limited by 1 use of deathstick per night, so still max 2 night actions. Still quite devastating, though, to be able to kill 2 ppl per night for one player.

20. I see lots of WIFOM potential here but I donno if the other players will catch on.

Yea, WIFOM could really be used well if the Empire placed well thought out bounties w/ well thought out values, but we will see how it goes.

21. Informed if immune? [of witching]

No, players are not informed of roleblock or witching immunity.

22. [Corruption] 1-use per Faction. ? so can corrupt 1 town and 1 neutral? since this is a sith ability only...

I will clarify. Had meant it as the Empire may only use this once, regardless of how many Sith/Jedi/whatever they're called they have.

21. ISO #21

Hmm Yes, I could see Humans getting a discount working as a Human trait

Are there RP names? If yes, do RP names associate with roles? Ex. Luke Skywalker -> Rebellion and Darth Vader -> Empire

There will be no RP names in this game, I don't think. I haven't completely decided, but I am leaning towards no RP.

If yes to both questions, would some RP names roles/alignments change upon certain requirements?

That would be a neat idea. I'll consider it, but I have to sit and wonder how this kind of thing effects balance.

Would it be a good idea to introduce a role checking what race someone is?

I don't think it's worth it to have a race checking role, specifically. Just because a players race doesn't have that much to do with anything. So, finding out someone's race doesn't really help anyone at all. Might be helpful to Empire. Maybe I'll make all investigative roles find the race. So, a detective would see "Your target visited X. Your target is a Human."

Do/Should bounties go up by certain increments? Is there a minimum amount of credits needed to place a bounty? Is there any credit loss upon placing a bounty? Ex. Place 500 credits for a 450 credit bounty, resulting in a 10% credit loss.

No, bounties will not go up by any increment, and the minimum amount of credits for a bounty is 100 credits. I don't think any credits will be lost for bounties, just because it's the only way the Bounty hunters will be able to kill, so they need as many credits as possible lol.

I am open to changing the credit system, but I just have to consider if it'll make Bounty Hunters too gimped.

Are both Balosar roles fitting their alignment? Do you choose which role is replaced when you buy a holocron?

Yes, both roles would be to their alignment if they have two. If a Balosar has two roles, I would let them decide which role is replaced. If they have one role, it would just be added as their second role.

Is there a maximum day/night time?

No max time.

Is there a maximum artifact credit limit?

No max credits.

Can you trade items?

No trading/giving items.

Are items bought affected by bus driving?

Yes, items are affected by bus driving.

Are items bought affected by witching?
    Are items used affected by witching?

Yes, but a Witch can't force a player to use an item. Citizen w/ gun taking no action cannot be forced to kill. Citizen w/ gun shooting someone can be Witched onto someone else. If a player is taking no action and is witched, their primary night action (if any) will be used.

I don't really understand the difference in the questions. Do you mean if someone buys an item, can that item be received by someone else due to Witching? If so, no, item always belongs to the person who buys it.

Would an escort/consort be notified if they target a Hutt?

It's possible. I haven't determined if they will be notified. It might only be one of the two is notified, and the other one is immune to roleblock.

If Balosars use death sticks can they use an action from both of their roles or just one?

Either. They can choose to use both the same night action, different ones, two items, or a combination of item and night action.

The Jedi rolecard says in the Protection bubble that there is one use per jedi. Does this imply that there can be more than one Jedi?

Yes, there can be an unlimited number of Jedi/Sith in the game, but the game will be made for balance so that is unlikely :P

Thanks for asking!

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

I've never watched Star Wars and am trying to hide my cultural failure >>

Reboot looks promising though
    Last edited by Orpz; June 3rd, 2015 at 10:51 AM.
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

25. ISO #25