FalseTruth's Lateral Thinking Puzzle #1
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

FalseTruth's Lateral Thinking Puzzle #1

A man's luck got the better of him and he was sent to jail. His friend came to visit him and gave him something.
    The man was out of jail the next day.

How did he get out?

I will answer Yes or No questions only with a, "yes", "no", or "irrelevant".

Spoiler : FM Roles :
    FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3
    SilentShadow

Re: FalseTruth's Lateral Thinking Puzzle #1

Was the item a note mentioning how he was released due to bail or new found information clearing his name after an accidental charge?

Was the item a tool that could be used to help escape illegally by means of tunneling or a key to open the door? Perhaps something that could be used to cut the iron rods?

If he were to get out the day afterwards, that would mean it was fast. Having a legal escape is fast, or an escape like the one in Iron Man 2. if it was a tool it would take long and would be more like Shawshank Redemption, and he'd be out in like 20 years.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by nanosystem View Post
    Did he get out of jail legally
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShadow View Post
    Was the item a note mentioning how he was released due to bail or new found information clearing his name after an accidental charge?

Was the item a tool that could be used to help escape illegally by means of tunneling or a key to open the door? Perhaps something that could be used to cut the iron rods?

If he were to get out the day afterwards, that would mean it was fast. Having a legal escape is fast, or an escape like the one in Iron Man 2. if it was a tool it would take long and would be more like Shawshank Redemption, and he'd be out in like 20 years.
    No
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWaaagh View Post
    Did he die while in the jail?

If a man's luck got the better of him, does that mean that he was innocent when he was placed in jail to begin with?
    No
    Irrelevant

FM I: FalseTruth the Half-Breed | FM II: FalseTruth the Plato's Bitch | FM III: Co-Host | FM IV: Gabriele the Dirty Nazi Hookah | FM V: Theodore the Ambitious | FM VI: FalseTruth the Bothersome Sloth | FM VII: Peter the Troll | FM VIII: Host | FM IX: Larisa the Cappertiller | FM X: FM Lysergic the Evil Genius | FM XI: Udyr the Lurking Oracle

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

money for bail
    FMIII: Citizen | FMIV: Vigilante | FMV: Bus Driver | FMVII: Godfather | FMVI: Sinner | FMVIII: Lookout | FM IX: Citizen/Proletariat | FMX: Veteran/Survivor/Framer | FMXI: Mafioso | FMXII: Coroner | FMXIII: Bus Driver | FMXIV: Vigilante | FMXV: Student

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9
    No Icon

1. Is the man supposed to return to the jail afterwards (or go to another jail)?
    2. Did the guards know about the item before it was handed to the man or could reasonably guess of such an item?
    3. Did the man know of the item before his friend gave it to him?
    4. Does him leaving the jail have anything to do with how he got in the jail?

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11
    SilentShadow

He rolled doubles.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13
    SilentShadow

Even if that is wrong, it's still right. Dust is victory.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15
    SilentShadow

This makes me want to play Monopoly......

16. ISO #16

I forgot about this puzzle lol, let me answer teh questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWaaagh View Post
    Was it a get out of jail free card?
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathfire123 View Post
    money for bail
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by philie View Post
    did the item help escape from jail?

did it make the man ill and thus hospitalized?

was it a disguise?

is there a connection or was he released for unrelated reasons?

was he meant to be there only a day?

was the man deemed innocent?
    No
    No
    No
    Connection to what?
    Yes
    Irrelevant
    Quote Originally Posted by No Icon View Post
    1. Is the man supposed to return to the jail afterwards (or go to another jail)?
    2. Did the guards know about the item before it was handed to the man or could reasonably guess of such an item?
    3. Did the man know of the item before his friend gave it to him?
    4. Does him leaving the jail have anything to do with how he got in the jail?
    1. Can't give a yes or no answer to that
    2. Irrelevant
    3. No, if you mean he knew what it was
    4. No
    @Silentshadow and Dust
    No to everything.

17. ISO #17
    CptGorilla

A man's luck got the better of him and he was sent to jail. His friend came to visit him and gave him something.
    The man was without a job. He took a job as a jailer and was sent to prison to work. He did such a good job that his friend, the warden, gave him a promotion. Now he works outside the prison.

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by CptGorilla View Post
    The man was without a job. He took a job as a jailer and was sent to prison to work. He did such a good job that his friend, the warden, gave him a promotion. Now he works outside the prison.
    Nope, but that's very lateral! Nice try!

19. ISO #19
    CptGorilla

Is the jail literal? (not monopoly)
    Was the man a prisoner?
    Was he set free?
    Was he free in any other way? (not just being transported, on bail, etc)
    Is "his luck" relevant?
    Was he given him a physical object?

20. ISO #20

Is the jail literal? (not monopoly)
    Was the man a prisoner?
    Was he set free?
    Was he free in any other way? (not just being transported, on bail, etc)
    Is "his luck" relevant?
    Was he given him a physical object?
    No
    Yes
    Yes, in a way
    You say other, but I do not know what you think is the first way you believe he was free.
    No
    No

21. ISO #21
    CptGorilla

You say other, but I do not know what you think is the first way you believe he was free.
    As in escaped free but not set free or something else of the sort.

Is the jail part of a game?
    Was he given advice?
    Was he given anything else by words other than advice?

22. ISO #22

As in escaped free but not set free or something else of the sort.

Is the jail part of a game?
    Was he given advice?
    Was he given anything else by words other than advice?
    He was set free.
    Yes
    No
    Yes

23. ISO #23
    CptGorilla

Is the game monopoly?
    Is the game Mafia?
    Is one of the players a jailer?

24. ISO #24
    SilentShadow

The jailer in a game of Mafia jailed this man, he talked to him for a day and gave him a warning. This warning was that if he were to be revealed as a lier he would swear to kill him himself. The jailer released the prisoner the next day as his plea as innocent was viewed as truth for the time being.

25. ISO #25
    CptGorilla

Geeee.... And you came up with that by yourself??? Go figure...

26. ISO #26
    SilentShadow

If you want credit for the idea of it being in Mafia, go ahead. It's yours.

27. ISO #27
    CptGorilla

Nah, it's ok. It's actually quite funny that a COMrade tries to take a pony's idea anyways...

28. ISO #28
    SilentShadow

*AHEM* I saw Mafia, and thought of that, thank you very much. I just said taht cause you feel like I stole your entire idea.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by infested View Post
    The poison they used in Romeo And Juliet that makes you seem dead, but you wake up later.
    Why use Romeo and Juliet as your example when this is a perfectly good opportunity to use Firefly as an example? ^^
    Spoiler : Previous FM roles :
    FM - VI: Commoner | VII: (Lionel) Gunner, Shinra Inc. | VIII: Investigator | X: (HerrZynisch) Black Wizard | (Graves) Citizen | XII: (Ser Jorah) Armoursmith | XIII: Host (Roxy)!
    M-FM- I: Host | II: Framer | III: Host | IV: Exe | V: Devil Dog | VI: Exe | VIII: DD
    S-FM - I: Jailor | II: Vigilante | V: Sheriff | CI: Paranoid Cop | Torment: Citizen

32. ISO #32