Paranoid Citizen
    Paranoid Citizen
    Paranoid Citizen
    Paranoid Citizen
    Paranoid Citizen
    Paranoid Citizen

Rules:
    • No out of game communication.
    • No COM claiming if anon accounts are used.
    • You may claim RP names, as roles aren't hidden.
    • Follows other forum rules.
    • Last wills are encouraged.

Mechanics:
    • One player is an Alien. Can be any role except ones with RP names.
      • The Alien does not know what role he is taking from the roles list.
      • If a Syndicate role is taken, the Syndicate will know which role is missing but not who the Alien is.
    • The Syndicate shares a night chat.
    • Truthers share a day/night chat.
    • Auto-lynch occurs at 51% majority.
    • Players must relinquish any night action in order to use a one-use vest or a one-use gun.
    • A Culted Syndicate member may silently refuse to be sent for a kill via PM to host.
    • Godfather has final say on who gets sent for the kill.
    • Consigliere/Investigator results will be determined by coin toss (RNG).
    • Cause of death will be undetermined and left to flavor only.
    • The Syndicate has a factional night kill. Any member may forgo their night action to complete this action.
    • The Truthers have a factional Mason conversion. Any member may be selected to complete this action.

Rolecards:
    Alien
    Target one player at night, replacing them with an imposter (Cult conversion).
    • Players retain their roles if converted.
    • If you target a Truther, they learn your identity.
    • If a Mason targets you, they die.
    • If you die, 50% of the Cult dies with you (rounded up).
    • All players, except Truthers, are susceptible to conversion.

Godfather
    No action.
    • You are immune to attacks.
    • You appear as Citizen to the Sheriff and Investigator.
    • You appear to not visit to the Detective.
    • You may be sent for the Mafia night kill.

Consort
    Target one player at night, roleblocking them.

Consigliere
    Target one player at night, learning their role.
    • You have a 50% chance to see exact role, and 50% chance to see Citizen.

Janitor
    Target one player at night, cleaning their role is they die.
    • Limited to 3 uses.

Jester
    No action.
    • Upon your death, the hammer voter dies. This cannot be healed.

Truther
    No action.
    • You may be sent for the Truther night conversion.
    • If you target the Syndicate or the Cult Leader, you die.
    • If the Cult Leader targets you, you learn their identity.
    • If you target a Culted player, they will be attacked. You are informed of this.
    • You can only convert Paranoid Citizens to your cause.
    • A Town member is immune to Alien conversion if targeted by Truthers on the same night.

Sheriff
    Target one player at night, learning their alignment.
    • Does not detect Cult, except Culted Syndicate (detects as Syndicate).

Investigator
    Target one player at night, learning their role.
    • You have a 50% chance to see exact role, and 50% chance to see Citizen.

Detective
    Target one player at night, learning who they visit and who visits them.
    • You cannot watch yourself.

Doctor
    Target one player at night, protecting them from attacks.
    • You are informed of successful healing.

Vigilante
    Target one player at night, killing them
    • Limited to 4 shots.

Armorsmith
    Target one player at night, giving them a one-use vest.
    • You cannot target yourself.

Gunsmith
    Target one player at night, giving them a one-use gun.
    • You cannot target yourself.

Paranoid Citizen
    No action.
    • You are paranoid regarding the Alien invasion. Because of this, the Truthers are able to convince you to join their cause.

Order of Operations:
    1. Consort
    2. Mason
    3. Cult
    4. Vest
    5. Doctor
    6. Syndicate kill
    7. Vigilante
    8. Gunsmith kill.
    9. All others.

Win Conditions:
    Syndicate: Eliminate all Aliens and Humanity. No Syndicate members need to be alive to achieve victory.
    Aliens: Eliminate or Assimilate all of the Syndicate and Humanity. At least one Alien needs to be alive to achieve victory.
    Humanity: Eliminate all Aliens and the Syndicate. At least one member of Humanity needs to be alive to achieve victory.
    Jester: Get lynched. Game continues upon successful completion.

2. ISO #2

Re: M-FM X-Files

i am the cancer man
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

3. ISO #3

Mafia seems severely underpowered here. Since they are susceptible to Cult conversion, if even one of them turns, the entire Mafia faction is screwed.

Will Janitor learn last will?
    Will Janitor learn the cleaned role?

Are roleblocks notified?
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Mafia seems severely underpowered here. Since they are susceptible to Cult conversion, if even one of them turns, the entire Mafia faction is screwed.

Will Janitor learn last will?
    Will Janitor learn the cleaned role?

Are roleblocks notified?
    It's better for cult to take over the mafia and control the kill rather than out the mafia, so those players still have a chance to win. Plus, as long as mafia controls the kill, the cult are at risk. Kill can wipe out 50% of cult and leave them unable to convert.

Janitor won't learn last will
    Janitor won't learn cleaned role
    Role blocks are notified

But I won't be submitting this the next around due since I hosted one not too long ago. Mainly posted this so I didn't forget :P

5. ISO #5

Couldn't everyone claim day 1 and then mafia are completely screwed?

All confirmed roles, Like the citizens only thing semi stopping it.

7 citizens? Well everyone else is a special role that only exists one of. If mafia try to claim that they are screwed.

Scenario:
    11 Citizens claim day 1
    All other role claims happen with actual role card
    Jester claims something outrageous

All special roles work together and eliminate all the fake citizens, gg.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post

7 citizens? Well everyone else is a special role that only exists one of. If mafia try to claim that they are screwed.

Scenario:
    11 Citizens claim day 1

your missing the fact one of them is a cult.

also given how a worst case plays out i think unless cult gets killed early its going to favor cult. i can crunch the numbers in worst case for all factions if you like but i dont think mass claim would really break it with the cult existing

7. ISO #7

Scenario:
    11 Citizens claim day 1

Nah, I think you need to play more FM tbh lol

This is how your scenario would go.

Scenario:
    A handful of Citizens claim, a bunch refuse to.
    A few TPR claim Citizen to hide.
    A few scum claim Citizen.
    Rest of players claim nothing because they don't want to get shot at night.
    Game proceeds as normal.

Even if town by some miracle had all 11 Citizen's claim with 0 problems, then that is still about 30% chance (by random selection) of a Mafia/Alien being a target, leaving 8 TPRs to be targets of Night Kill & Conversion, while the scum just hides among the Citizens.
    By day 4, you'd have no TPRs. And half the TPRs would likely be Cult and would be lying about their night feedback to completely screw with the Citizens who have no way to confirm this.

8. ISO #8

Just re-read the OP to see that Cult was in the game and it took a random slot, okay. Yeah that would prevent the players from revealing day 1.

My opinion still stands, too many roles that are "auto confirmed" is bad. While my scenario is highly unlikely and maybe destructive to town because of possible cult (although cult would have no idea what to claim, would probably go with citizen). As days wear on eventually someone is going to make a role claim, theres about 7 roles in this setup that their can only exist one of.

In SC2Mafia we call that a steam roll, all these players need to do is confirm roles when they eliminate the cult and its gg.

9. ISO #9

Just re-read the OP to see that Cult was in the game and it took a random slot, okay. Yeah that would prevent the players from revealing day 1.

My opinion still stands, too many roles that are "auto confirmed" is bad. While my scenario is highly unlikely and maybe destructive to town because of possible cult (although cult would have no idea what to claim, would probably go with citizen). As days wear on eventually someone is going to make a role claim, theres about 7 roles in this setup that their can only exist one of.

In SC2Mafia we call that a steam roll, all these players need to do is confirm roles when they eliminate the cult and its gg.
    That's why 30% of the game is Citizens, that's the entire point of Citizens lol.
    If all Citizens claim, Town will get steam rolled cause they will lose all their TPRs to Mafia + Cult. And you will never get 20 people that agree to claim their true role day 1. >_>

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    That's why 30% of the game is Citizens, that's the entire point of Citizens lol.
    If all Citizens claim, Town will get steam rolled cause they will lose all their TPRs to Mafia + Cult. And you will never get 20 people that agree to claim their true role day 1. >_>
    Citizens don't balance a game. They are useful in small doses 1-2, but in large quantities they are just pointless IMO.

Like honestly any role in huge amounts is stupid, if you had 3 confirmed doctors in your setup someone is going to call you out on that. (at least in regular game, since forum mafia is slightly bigger 3 could work)

I maybe slightly out of territory here, but I play a huge amount of the SC2Mafia. Forum mafia can't be that much different from it. You have a huge amount of auto confirmed roles the game isn't any fun.

It would be nice for your special roles to at least be random. If you don't get rid of a few citizens.

Why not have alot of town roles with weighting systems? It wouldn't be too difficult to make one of these, put heavy weights on Citizens. For example 80% for general town.

so general town could be like all the roles possible for town and citizen. So while your usual setup is pretty much going to be same theres some wiggle room.

I would lump other town into categories and do random rolls for those too.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

Mafia is a game of intelligence and deception.

Not night actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

14. ISO #14

1) Citizens don't balance a game. They are useful in small doses 1-2, but in large quantities they are just pointless IMO.

2) Like honestly any role in huge amounts is stupid, if you had 3 confirmed doctors in your setup someone is going to call you out on that. (at least in regular game, since forum mafia is slightly bigger 3 could work)

3) I maybe slightly out of territory here, but I play a huge amount of the SC2Mafia. Forum mafia can't be that much different from it. You have a huge amount of auto confirmed roles the game isn't any fun.

4) Why not have alot of town roles with weighting systems? It wouldn't be too difficult to make one of these, put heavy weights on Citizens. For example 80% for general town.

so general town could be like all the roles possible for town and citizen. So while your usual setup is pretty much going to be same theres some wiggle room.

I would lump other town into categories and do random rolls for those too.
    1) death already stated: its a game of deception not night actions. Check yayaps large WIFOm game that was massly citizen. Heck if you played F2F you would understand that mafia started out with nothing but like doc/cop/maf/rber.

2) if we were to make a setup that had 3 CONFIRMED docs, do you think having a strongman (bypasses doc protection) or MMs would make it more balanced? I can agree in premises if you have 3 docs and then town randoms then yes it can be called. But you have to look at the entire picture/setup or what the person uses to counteract it

3) i would say you are, i may be a bit abrasive on my points here but i can say with a fact that the sc2mafia mod vs FM settings are majorly diffrent. They have some similarities while i can agree that auto-confirmed can lead to unfun, when you throw in cult/other roles that can in fact hinder the auto-confirmed and then take into account how players play in general, I would disagree as a whole

4) this is more talking about setup in general but some setup need to have a defined role to be played in order for balance purpose.

---

take it like this: would you rather play this game and everyone is citizen (or weak shit) or have something predefined that is arguably balanced?

I mean we could end up with everyone being vigs for all we know. Also given mechanics and vig is immune to conversion we would have to modify rolecards accordingly

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Mafia is a game of intelligence and deception.

Not night actions.
    Night actions are half the game, they are one of the biggest sources of information. Everyone trying to figure out who did what at night.

Its a game of understanding how people behave to figure out the liars, it isn't about intelligence. A idiot can win at mafia without trying, because some idiots have no tells for you to read.

Half Luck, Half Understanding Game Mechanics (I.E Skill)
    Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    1) death already stated: its a game of deception not night actions. Check yayaps large WIFOm game that was massly citizen. Heck if you played F2F you would understand that mafia started out with nothing but like doc/cop/maf/rber.

2) if we were to make a setup that had 3 CONFIRMED docs, do you think having a strongman (bypasses doc protection) or MMs would make it more balanced? I can agree in premises if you have 3 docs and then town randoms then yes it can be called. But you have to look at the entire picture/setup or what the person uses to counteract it

3) i would say you are, i may be a bit abrasive on my points here but i can say with a fact that the sc2mafia mod vs FM settings are majorly diffrent. They have some similarities while i can agree that auto-confirmed can lead to unfun, when you throw in cult/other roles that can in fact hinder the auto-confirmed and then take into account how players play in general, I would disagree as a whole

4) this is more talking about setup in general but some setup need to have a defined role to be played in order for balance purpose.

---

take it like this: would you rather play this game and everyone is citizen (or weak shit) or have something predefined that is arguably balanced?

I mean we could end up with everyone being vigs for all we know. Also given mechanics and vig is immune to conversion we would have to modify rolecards accordingly
    1) If you are saying that the game is meant to be played with the classic roles I would say you are appealing to tradition.
    Theres always a certain WIFOM in games, a all mass citizens isn't won by any true skill, not in my book. Sheer dumb luck.

2) Of course you could balance it. You could balance it with any number of a certain roles if you want. The point being having too many of any role is just lazy in my book. Wanna make a setup/save with 3 doctors, go ahead. I will be in line to complain though because we went three nights without a single death.
    Point is, name last time you saw a game with 3 confirmed anything else but citizen in setup and the game was enjoyable. I can't name one. (you can have 3 doctors, just not CONFIRMED IN ROLE LIST, I.E Random slots)

3) More similarities than differences. Here are differences:
    *More time to think about what to do/type
    *Lot more freedom in terms of setups available to do. Such as unique roles.
    *Players get lynched instead of put up on trial. [Still possible to do in SC2Mafia but its considered a troll option]

4) Nowhere did I say a defined role was bad, I said mass defined roles make the game unfun. Their isn't any question of what is in the game.

For example I was playing game earlier today and there was a Neutral Killing and Neutral Evil (Both random).
    I was put on the stand and I claimed Detective and that I was Audited (This was day 2), town innoed because we had no idea if there was a auditor or not.
    I eventually went on to win that game as arson.

Thats whats great about random roles, players being able to get away with claims or lies they wouldn't otherwise could do.

3 Doctors confirmed in game?
    Less wiggle room = Boring.

All else I see citizen as the lazy person way of balancing a game setup when they can't think of any other way to boost the mafia/weaken the town.

I am getting way off topic though, I think this setup would be fine if you took out half the citizens and made them weak town roles that did something at night.

I am just a SC2Mafia guy though, what do I know? Nothing apparently :P

18. ISO #18

You don't know much about the history of mafia I presume.
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

19. ISO #19

You don't know much about the history of mafia I presume.
    Appeal to tradition:
    is a common fallacy in which a thesis is deemed correct on the basis that it is correlated with some past or present tradition. The appeal takes the form of "this is right because we've always done it this way."

Edit: Sorry cryptonic that we are getting way off topic, You can delete my posts if you like. :P
    Last edited by Firebringer; June 7th, 2015 at 09:26 PM.

20. ISO #20

It isnt right because we always done it that way, it's right because it's meant that way.

Mafia (or as it was origionally called, werewolf) was simple. Informed minority (mafia) vs uninformed majority (town)

The mafia had a night kill and knew who they were, while there was a majority lynch and public discussion during day, that's all.

The game has evolved sence then, but the core mechanic to the game should still be informed minority vs uninformed majority.
    Last edited by deathworlds; June 7th, 2015 at 09:45 PM.
    fucketh me in the ass

21. ISO #21

It isnt right because we always done it that way, it's right because it's meant that way.

Mafia (or as it was origionally called) was simple. Informed minority (mafia) vs uninformed majority (town)

The mafia had a night kill and knew who they were, while there was a majority lynch and public discussion during day, that's all.

The game has evolved sence then, but the core mechanic to the game should still be informed minority vs uninformed majority.
    I remember playing the party game as a teen. All cits and one or two Mafia. That was it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

22. ISO #22

This is the point. It isn't a superiority thing, it's a "You've given them all new lightsabers, and that's really cool. But we're just trying to play Poker." thing.

23. ISO #23