8 34.78%
  • *nervous laugh* ABCDEFG...

4 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. ISO #51

Re: Obama taking away military benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Lord Slaolzin View Post
    Psyduck is a bit too aggro. But only about 8% of military jobs are oriented around sitting and waiting to be thrown into combat. The rest end up with some form of technical skill most of the time. Cooks, mechanics, computers etc.

I only do agree that it's a 'real job' in that I've come to consider most jobs effectively pointless. Either the job isn't a real necessity or it gets shat on by the public.
    My job has real value. . . . . I make financial documents more accurate for the general public so that investors can be more aware about a business financial standing to make a wise investment decisions.
    Don't pet growlithe, he will bite you.

2. ISO #52

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    My job has real value. . . . . I make financial documents more accurate for the general public so that investors can be more aware about a business financial standing to make a wise investment decisions.
    What's a typical work day like? I'm thinking of specializing my math studies into mathematical finance
    Spoiler : Orpz FM History :

FM17 - Won, FM18 - Won, FM19 - Won ,FM20 - Loss, FM21 - Won, MVP, FM22 - Host Canceled, FM23 - Won, FM24 - Hosted, FM25 - Won, FM26 - Loss

3. ISO #53

Quote Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
    what? I understand perfectly. The military defends the country ... How could you not understand this is the question. And you also gain valuable skills along the way. sure it's hard, but doesn't mean it's not a real job, or not worth it. you are defending your country.
    There are cooks, MPs, IT guys, Mechanics, Trainers, Janitorial works, relief workers, chauffeur, etc.
    it's not all about running up on someone with a gun.

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    That only has value in that you are using values. Im talking from a fairly animal idea of human life mind you.

5. ISO #55

6. ISO #56

Lots of soldiers are underpaid, undertreated unless you're an officer, which a good deal of soldiers are not, and frankly, nobody knows what they're going through unless you're living with one of them. I'm not saying I know exactly how they feel, but I live with them overseas here in Okinawa and most of them are overwhelmed with their jobs often spending more than 8 hours and being called at random times at night to fix an issue at work, etc. Military life is extremely stressful and they definitely deserve these benefits for what they're doing. Claims of being "Cooks, Mechanics, etc" are true, but they're still soldiers and they're going to be sent to combat. Most people look at linearly and go "Oh, they're assigned as mechanic, they probably just stay back and fix stuff up." but no, they are soldiers that are just specialized or assigned to a certain task but they're all combatants. So yes, they are defending the country even if they're a cook.

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

Quote Originally Posted by Roflmaozors View Post
    Lots of soldiers are underpaid, undertreated unless you're an officer, which a good deal of soldiers are not, and frankly, nobody knows what they're going through unless you're living with one of them. I'm not saying I know exactly how they feel, but I live with them overseas here in Okinawa and most of them are overwhelmed with their jobs often spending more than 8 hours and being called at random times at night to fix an issue at work, etc. Military life is extremely stressful and they definitely deserve these benefits for what they're doing. Claims of being "Cooks, Mechanics, etc" are true, but they're still soldiers and they're going to be sent to combat. Most people look at linearly and go "Oh, they're assigned as mechanic, they probably just stay back and fix stuff up." but no, they are soldiers that are just specialized or assigned to a certain task but they're all combatants. So yes, they are defending the country even if they're a cook.
    I am not sure how it changes in other branches but I know the armorers and truck drivers in my unit had to pull the longest shifts with the fewest days off. Every time any detachment of the unit wanted to train they had to be there to issue/return weapons or drive them to their training zone. In country grunts had it much worse during big operations but life on some FOB was not all that bad.
    On the other side in Iraq there was an army detachment on one of our larger base for support. They had set 8 hour shifts running the forklifts and doing laundry. Some jobs out there are not bad at all. I think it really just depends on the persons experience rather than their job.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

9. ISO #59