M-FM XXVI The Frozen Throne Gamethread - Page 3
Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #101

Re: MFM XXV The Frozen Throne

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Mal'ganis View Post
    You've also said I have dodged questions multiple times, and implied that was scum motivated. I asked you what questions I missed, and you have yet to respond. Also, such behavior is very unlikely to be scum motivated. Scum have no incentive to miss questions at all because it removes their opportunity to persuade others that they are town.

Substituting my words for a word that is easier to discredit is scummy. Appearing knowledgable and experienced are two totally separate things. Appearing knowledgable engenders a feeling of trust to get people to follow you because this guy knows what he's doing. It's a pretty common scum tactic.

Appearing experienced on the other hand obviously is not alignment indicative. That also makes someone a threat to every opposing faction in the game. It is something that rarely helps out anyon in an anonymous com game with no PR information out.

I am also interested in hearing your response to #92 for the section where I have supposedly misrepresented you.

Finally, when I also want D1 to be useful, the slightest thing scummy can be used for a serious vote. A wagon should develop on that player. It is frustrating that players still want to troll around when Day 1 has the closest thing to a natural state and scum cannot fashion a narrative to the game
    I agree that D1 accusations can be based on stuff that is a bit weaker than usual, but you should still ask yourself if what the accused said is enough to warrant a lynch. I believe we don't have to lynch on D1 but I also do not think that not lynching on D1 is an entirely good thing. It really depends on the flow of the game and the way this game looks, pretty much every scum is still hiding in the shadows. I'd hate for this to be a game where all scums are low-caliber or low-activity players and just get dragged along to the late game.

I guess what I want to say is that accusing and pressuring on D1 is useful so you can base future analyses with D1 in mind too, but you shouldn't focus on one specific player (especially this game) because the unnoticed scums will just stand by and escape your notice.

And yes, I'd also still like to know about the misrepresenting of Dalaran, hope he will clear that up.

2. ISO #102

3. ISO #103

4. ISO #104

5. ISO #105

I am pretty sure Plague is town from his responses. Given his dialogue contributions, I don't expect to be voting him unless there is a cult or cop guilty. His actions are trying to stop what he sees as a TvT fight or at least has a decent possibility. Because I am unlikely to get a lynch there because LOL day 1, I am giving Plaguelands wideroom to see what he uncovers. I think he's wrong but it is important not to get so caught up in our own opinions being right.
    Honestly, I'm not trying to paint Dalaran as scum on D1. But I want to see what's up with the inconsistencies I'm seeing. I'm still happy to keep Dalaran for the moments because he is active and he can hold his ground and I like to give people a bit of leeway on D1, but it'd be nice if we can clear some things up before the day ends. Because as of right now, he just doesn't seem especially towny to me. Maybe he can redeem himself.

6. ISO #106

Plaguelands, I agree with all you just said, but I feel the unvote tags are here for a reason. A vote is not a dayvig. Finding something scummy, getting a wagon going and escaping RVS rather than waiting for something lynchable is important. (Response to 101)
    Yes, it's good to cast your vote, not disagreeing. It just felt that you were pretty convinced that Dalaran was scum the way you worded your early posts, but I guess I'm mistaken.

7. ISO #107

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Plaguelands View Post
    Honestly, I'm not trying to paint Dalaran as scum on D1. But I want to see what's up with the inconsistencies I'm seeing. I'm still happy to keep Dalaran for the moments because he is active and he can hold his ground and I like to give people a bit of leeway on D1, but it'd be nice if we can clear some things up before the day ends. Because as of right now, he just doesn't seem especially towny to me. Maybe he can redeem himself.
    Fair enough. Confirmation bias can be deadly.

8. ISO #108

9. ISO #109

Triple post: I'm going to be away for an hour. In the meantime I'd enjoy it if there are some people who would like to ask me specifically anything to do so and if you don't want to ask me anything then give your thoughts on the current situation (or even on some other people whose posts were few but something struck you as odd so far).

10. ISO #110

11. ISO #111

12. ISO #112

13. ISO #113

14. ISO #114

15. ISO #115

Here is kind of a play by play. It also outlines some of the questions I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Dalaran View Post
    That point half way through where you crossed over from talking to me to advising the town (In white) left too much room for me to make assumptions on what you meant. Could you clarify what you trying to say?
    This would be the first question I asked in which I did not receive a response. It was in reference to this line:
    The speech also suggests that he's trying to put forth that he's knowledgeable as the offsiter does.
    This is also the exact line we have been chewing on about manipulation earlier. I was confused about it then and asked for clarification. Earlier in the post he said I was pretending to be new and here it appears to me he is saying I am appearing to be 'experienced'
    -------------
    We are not all friends. Not even close. There's at least six enemies to me in the game. So don't even try it.
    You are new. You come onto a site, called sc2mafia, and assume wolves rather than mafia are in the setup. Nothing even remotely suggest wolves. This limits the possibility that you're new to very remote at best as someone new would assume mafia. The fact you attempted to reinforce this with a question that even a moderate player of social deduction could figure out. 51% of the town must logically mean 51% of the group. It's not like we automatically eliminate scum votes from the lynch. That would make the game boring and pointless. Such a question is fake.
    And my response
    I like to give people the benefit of a doubt so I am trying to avoid focusing on the possibility you are just trying to leech some town cred by misrepresenting me. That said I see your posts as more of a reaction fish than anything else. It is poor form to make demands after dodging questions though.
    This is probably the point I began to get a little more aggressive. I did not care for the connection between the two posts or the story that came with it. The 'Im a townie' line looked forced and the post itself did not look genuine to me.

All of post 47 is a strong indicator of where I felt manipulated and direct questions I asked and did not get a response to.
    You directly contradict yourself here in the same comment. This suggests you are just trying to come up with reasons to say I am evil and that you do not even believe in what you are writing. Am I pretending to be new or am I pretending to be experienced?
    You seem to be trying hard to grasp at straws. Why are you so desperate to make me look scummy? I would be very interested in hearing you explain yourself.
    Theres 2 questions that were in post 47. One is pretty direct and the other is more asking for reasoning/open.

His next post is half an hour later and asking Captain Luc what he thinks of me. I read this as totally dodging the question and avoiding clarifying what he said.
    Well then. I was not going to chase it here but I read you as experienced as in you have played at least a few games, too much to be this dodgy unintentionally.
    Here I call him dodgy and vote him for avoiding my questions.

And there's the OMGUS. I was wondering how long it would take.
    Captain, explain to me how Darlan is town please. Maybe he's deliberately being fake but there's nothing real about his posting so far.
    Why explain your scummy actions or even explain how 'faking com leads' relates to alignment when you can just dodge questions. You do realize I am just going to keep poking you until you hit the rest of the towns radar or you take a moment and make some sense.
    These next two posts is him deflecting attention to Captain and me not letting go. I through in the faking com leads bit to try to get him to start talking. I find that asking an easy question can get people to start answering a more difficult one.

Faking com makes you harder to read. Townies want to be easy to read. I kinda figured this was common sense. There's zero reason to make yourself harder to read.

You can keep poking me but anyone who actually knows me (rather than attempt to impersonate me) knows that I'm aggressive but trying to be more cooperative. So yes, I do want people to explain how you actually are town and how breaking out of RVS is scummy which you certainly are implying is scummy.
    Here he dose not answer any questions but suggests his intention was to get chat on track. This is something I do like. But I nowhere said anything about breaking out of RvS being a scummy thing. The discussion only had one soft reference by him hinting that this could be his intention. This would be an example of something I felt he had twisted my words with.

To be direct- I never tried to pretend to be you. I have no idea who you are and I have no idea where this idea came from. ...

I think you are scummy because you misrepresent what I am saying. You dodge questions and your FoS doesn't look like you put very much thought into it. You seemingly did not even bother to read my answers to your questions and you contradict yourself in your statements.

I try to be open minded. I am not saying "I am certain you are scum". I am just saying some of your behavior sets off alarms for me and the lack of explanation from you as to your thought process behind your comments makes me extremely uncomfortable.
    Here I clarify my issues again. The first line is in reference to him saying I impersonated him. This is the first real hint I took that we may have somewhat of a communication issue. I ease up at the end a bit for that reason.
    Dalaran, I've asked you what you dodged. You haven't answered me. I don't know what it is I'm not explaining.

You haven't given an explanation for your pointless questions (the journalist is another).

It's incredibly frustrating that I'm trying to have a dialogue and all I'm getting is unexplained conclusions. If you are town, this is not helping and we are having an epic failure of communication.
    He never asked me what questions he dodged. The post also reeks of frustration.
    I agree that we have some communication issues. The rest of the information is in the previous posts.
    I back off even more here. I was getting a little frustrated myself and had somewhat decided it was a communication issue. That I was not getting anywhere and just frustrating the player so I went to bed.

After this the conversation mainly crosses over to myself and Plague. After reading through the interaction again and doing somewhat of a play-by-play I still feel quite a bit of what I asked is pretty clear. It bothers me that Plague painted my responses as so beguiling but hopefully this gets us all on the same page.

16. ISO #116

Response to post 99

This obviously then leads to the question of the use of the word "wolf" so it's natural that this would strike people as odd
    I did intentionally use the word. I knew it was out of place and I thought it may draw attention although not anywhere near this extent. I did not think much before using it. The idea tickled me so I did it. There is no more logic to be found there then when someone said a player touches people and he said he was government. I said "Do you mostly touch their pockets"

In the end however the fact remains that Mal'ganis feels like you misrepresented what he was saying. You could've asked him how you had done so, I'm sure the dialogue between you two could've been more constructive that way. What I saw was that you tried getting answers from him to some vague question and it was not clear to me if it was hidden inbetween one of the posts or if you just wanted answers to some specific accusations and I for one had no clue what question you were referring to when you asked him repeatedly and even told him you wouldn't let the matter drop. But maybe I'm the odd one here in that regard, this specific aspect is not a big deal to me either way though, keep in mind that if you want clear answers you need to ask clear questions.
    I was working up pressure, putting him off balance and asked maybe one open ended question. This works well with some players. They start talking to get you off their case and look to explain things. You can see what it is they choose to explain as opposed to what they neglect to explain which is nice. Also you get a nice emotional base line for their play style which you can use later.

It is the tone however that makes me think that it is more of discrediting the player with some arguments though, especially one of your early arguments that his accusation boils down to you pretending to be a new player is why you're scum (and I already argued that I think this is not really accurate from my POV). It aims to make the player in question seem "dumb" for his actions if you didn't realize. There were some who agreed with you, people who haven't done jack shit this game I might add and these will see Mal'ganis automatically as the weak side throughout the dialogue without even giving a thought of their own. If I had name what you did with one word, I'd say "manipulation".
    You are right. The way it was worded that was a low blow and I should not have taken it like that. I do not think it would have changed much if I had worded it in a more friendly way. He jumped straight to 'He did this, This looks scummy to me' and I challenged the read. His defense that he wanted to get the conversation on track makes sense.

I agree that you can find tells in trolling. And I disagree that you effectively addressed the 'how' in your reasoning. If you had I would not have asked about it. But there is not much point and going back and forth on that.

17. ISO #117

To actually get forward in this game we should start asking direct questions to a few players at a time. That'd probably be a good idea starting Day 2 because I believe all the low-activity people won't answer them this close to the night deadline.
    -vote M-FM Plaguelands

Srs, vote this time.

18. ISO #118

19. ISO #119

20. ISO #120

21. ISO #121

Here is kind of a play by play. It also outlines some of the questions I asked.

This would be the first question I asked in which I did not receive a response. It was in reference to this line:

This is also the exact line we have been chewing on about manipulation earlier. I was confused about it then and asked for clarification. Earlier in the post he said I was pretending to be new and here it appears to me he is saying I am appearing to be 'experienced'
    -------------

And my response

This is probably the point I began to get a little more aggressive. I did not care for the connection between the two posts or the story that came with it. The 'Im a townie' line looked forced and the post itself did not look genuine to me.

All of post 47 is a strong indicator of where I felt manipulated and direct questions I asked and did not get a response to.

Theres 2 questions that were in post 47. One is pretty direct and the other is more asking for reasoning/open.

His next post is half an hour later and asking Captain Luc what he thinks of me. I read this as totally dodging the question and avoiding clarifying what he said.

Here I call him dodgy and vote him for avoiding my questions.

These next two posts is him deflecting attention to Captain and me not letting go. I through in the faking com leads bit to try to get him to start talking. I find that asking an easy question can get people to start answering a more difficult one.

Here he dose not answer any questions but suggests his intention was to get chat on track. This is something I do like. But I nowhere said anything about breaking out of RvS being a scummy thing. The discussion only had one soft reference by him hinting that this could be his intention. This would be an example of something I felt he had twisted my words with.

Here I clarify my issues again. The first line is in reference to him saying I impersonated him. This is the first real hint I took that we may have somewhat of a communication issue. I ease up at the end a bit for that reason.

He never asked me what questions he dodged. The post also reeks of frustration.

I back off even more here. I was getting a little frustrated myself and had somewhat decided it was a communication issue. That I was not getting anywhere and just frustrating the player so I went to bed.

After this the conversation mainly crosses over to myself and Plague. After reading through the interaction again and doing somewhat of a play-by-play I still feel quite a bit of what I asked is pretty clear. It bothers me that Plague painted my responses as so beguiling but hopefully this gets us all on the same page.
    It's good to know from your perspective where you felt the conversation was getting nowhere. I agree that it looked like he was deflecting attention by asking what Luc thought, but I also saw it as an attempt to involve a third party to get a different perspective and to get more activity going.

I did think that the impersonating bit was a bit weird because I noticed no such thing. Maybe Mal'ganis can explain (I don't think I've read an explanation for that).

Response to post 99

I did intentionally use the word. I knew it was out of place and I thought it may draw attention although not anywhere near this extent. I did not think much before using it. The idea tickled me so I did it. There is no more logic to be found there then when someone said a player touches people and he said he was government. I said "Do you mostly touch their pockets"
    Fair enough I guess, I can relate to the feeling.

I was working up pressure, putting him off balance and asked maybe one open ended question. This works well with some players. They start talking to get you off their case and look to explain things. You can see what it is they choose to explain as opposed to what they neglect to explain which is nice. Also you get a nice emotional base line for their play style which you can use later.
    This is true, it's just that from my perspective the conversation was getting out of hand at that point and I felt like it wasn't constructive anymore so I was a bit surprised.
    You are right. The way it was worded that was a low blow and I should not have taken it like that. I do not think it would have changed much if I had worded it in a more friendly way. He jumped straight to 'He did this, This looks scummy to me' and I challenged the read. His defense that he wanted to get the conversation on track makes sense.

I agree that you can find tells in trolling. And I disagree that you effectively addressed the 'how' in your reasoning. If you had I would not have asked about it. But there is not much point and going back and forth on that.
    Alright, fair enough. No complaints from my end.

22. ISO #122

23. ISO #123

I am pretty disappointed in the amount of players who have been so unwilling to really participate in D1 chat. Hopefully that will change before the day ends. And with at least 3 vocal players who have a disdain for lurkers a policy lynch is a real possibility.
    It's not like we'll have any other option if this activity keeps up. I hope this game won't get broken by modkills.

I'd be sorely disappointed if I had to switch to a different site to get my fill of FMs.

24. ISO #124

It's not like we'll have any other option if this activity keeps up. I hope this game won't get broken by modkills.
    I doubt it will come to that with the solid list of reserves stacked up. For inactivity anyways, we could always get a bus driver that flys off the hinges giving people hugs.
    Sometime after the game you gotta tell me how you came across this D1 debate. It looks like the kind of news letter I wouldn't mind subscribing to. Although I think bossy is just about a loon given that the topic dose not exclude looking back to D1 on future days.

On a side note I would be interested in hearing something from Andor other than barking and soft hints. Some of her posts are straight post farming.

25. ISO #125

26. ISO #126

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Invincible View Post
    I should be back to this in about 4-5 hrs. I will then go full steam of post on the game. Work has been hectic for me so I don't have as much time.

So if anyone has anything direct they need me to answer they need to make it clear.
    What are your thoughts on Archi's vote?

27. ISO #127

28. ISO #128

Plaguelands, I can't explain more about the impersonation bit without revealing my com.

I've got housework and company coming over. I'll try to be back by deadline but I don't think it will matter.
    Oh, if you meant it like that then don't worry about it. Here I was thinking he was impersonating your playstyle or something you said in this game. My bad.

29. ISO #129

30. ISO #130

31. ISO #131

32. ISO #132

Day 2

M-FM Silvermoon was killed last night. She was Shandris Feathermoon, a Footman.

The Scourge Army
    The Lich King (Ner’Zhul)
    Anub’arak
    Kel’Thuzad

Illidan's Legion
    Illidan Stormrage
    Prince Kael’Thas
    Lady Vashj

Defenders of Lordaeron
    Arthas
    Antonidas
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore
    Malfurion Stormrage
    Uther the Lightbringer
    Muradin Bronzebeard
    Shandris Feathermoon(Footman)
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner
    Tyrande Whisperwind
    Medivh
    Falric
    Marwyn
    Thrall
    Little Timmy

Players
    2 M-FM Quel’thalas
    3 M-FM Lordaeron
    4 M-FM Hearthglen
    5 M-FM Stratholme
    6 M-FM Dalaran
    7 M-FM Northrend
    8 M-FM Plaguelands
    9 M-FM Andorhal
    10 M-FM Frostmourne
    11 M-FM Anasterian Sunstrider
    12 M-FM Invincible
    13 M-FM King Magni Bronzebeard
    14 M-FM Kil’jaeden
    15 M-FM Archimonde
    16 M-FM Mal’ganis
    17 M-FM Princess Calia Menethil
    18 M-FM Tichondrius
    19 M-FM Captain Luc Valonforth
    20 M-FM Sheep

Graveyard
    1 M-FM Silvermoon- Footman

Setup
    Day End

10 votes to hammer.

Last edited by King Terenas Menethil; April 14th, 2015 at 06:22 PM. Reason: I fix.

33. ISO #133

Quote Originally Posted by King Terenas Menethil View Post
    Day 2

M-FM Silvermoon was killed last night. She was Shandris Feathermoon a Footman

The Scourge Army
    The Lich King (Ner’Zhul)
    Anub’arak
    Kel’Thuzad

Illidan's Legion
    Illidan Stormrage
    Prince Kael’Thas
    Lady Vashj

Defenders of Lordaeron
    Arthas
    Antonidas
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore
    Malfurion Stormrage
    Uther the Lightbringer
    Muradin Bronzebeard
    Shandris Feathermoon(Footman)
    Lady Sylvanas Windrunner
    Tyrande Whisperwind
    Medivh
    Falric
    Marwyn
    Thrall
    Little Timmy

Players
    2 M-FM Quel’thalas
    3 M-FM Lordaeron
    4 M-FM Hearthglen
    5 M-FM Stratholme
    6 M-FM Dalaran
    7 M-FM Northrend
    8 M-FM Plaguelands
    9 M-FM Andorhal
    10 M-FM Frostmourne
    11 M-FM Anasterian Sunstrider
    12 M-FM Invincible
    13 M-FM King Magni Bronzebeard
    14 M-FM Kil’jaeden
    15 M-FM Archimonde
    16 M-FM Mal’ganis
    17 M-FM Princess Calia Menethil
    18 M-FM Tichondrius
    19 M-FM Captain Luc Valonforth
    20 M-FM Sheep

Graveyard
    1 M-FM Silvermoon- Footman

Setup
    Day End

10 votes to hammer.

Detective here plaguelands visited Silvermoon and Silvermoon died. Doc on me

Gg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34. ISO #134

35. ISO #135

36. ISO #136

37. ISO #137

38. ISO #138

Hi everyone~
    I did not realize this started by the time the day is over ;_; But it's okay! I'm here now! <3

I didn't have anything important that happened to me. I find two mafias set up very interesting. Us town should be active involved with discussion. I think the mafia would want to avoid from killing each other too early, and we should try our best to actually make them mishit, while scumhunting and finding an easy scum lynch every day.

By the way, to vote properly, use the bracket [ vote ] name [ /vote ] without any spaces so they can count properly.

Hmm a detective gave us a lead that M-FM Plaguelands visited the dead player. Plagueland better need to explain himself or he will be a good lynch today!!

-vote M-FM Plaguelands

39. ISO #139

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM King Magni Bronzebeard View Post
    Hi everyone~
    I did not realize this started by the time the day is over ;_; But it's okay! I'm here now! <3

I didn't have anything important that happened to me. I find two mafias set up very interesting. Us town should be active involved with discussion. I think the mafia would want to avoid from killing each other too early, and we should try our best to actually make them mishit, while scumhunting and finding an easy scum lynch every day.

By the way, to vote properly, use the bracket [ vote ] name [ /vote ] without any spaces so they can count properly.

Hmm a detective gave us a lead that M-FM Plaguelands visited the dead player. Plagueland better need to explain himself or he will be a good lynch today!!

-vote M-FM Plaguelands
    how would you feel if I said you were scum?

40. ISO #140

41. ISO #141

42. ISO #142

43. ISO #143

44. ISO #144

45. ISO #145

46. ISO #146

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Princess Calia Menethil View Post
    Detective here plaguelands visited Silvermoon and Silvermoon died. Doc on me

Gg
    I find this troubling for 2 reasons.

1) You open the day with your claim instead of probing and seeing who jumps on the pro-plaguelands train

2) You assume anyone who visits a dead player must be the killer.

In any case, because you DID open up with a claim, we will HAVE to wait for plaguelands to defend himself.

Until then, why did you think it was appropriate to claim your role and insufficient lead after one night?

47. ISO #147

48. ISO #148

Quote Originally Posted by M-FM Northrend View Post
    I find this troubling for 2 reasons.

1) You open the day with your claim instead of probing and seeing who jumps on the pro-plaguelands train

2) You assume anyone who visits a dead player must be the killer.

In any case, because you DID open up with a claim, we will HAVE to wait for plaguelands to defend himself.

Until then, why did you think it was appropriate to claim your role and insufficient lead after one night?
    What about his lead is insufficient to you?

49. ISO #149

50. ISO #150

Northrend, the guy has claimed new yesterday. Most likely he's playing to sc2 arcade meta where results are released immediately, which makes his claim more believable. You are right that it is suboptimal to do it the way he did.

Sure it is possible that Plague is town, but we got enough to get a claim and investigate.