Anyone good at building circuit?
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Anyone good at building circuit?

Hi, I am in this class called Robotics and Lasers Technology class in Highschool. Our project is that we have to develop a some sort of Water Level Indicator. Basically, there are three wires in a cup that are connected to LEDs. When the cup is filled by 33%, Light A is supposed to turn on. When is cup is filled by 66%, Light B is supposed to turn on, AND light A is turned off. When it is entirely full, Light C will turn on and Light A and B is turned off. Me and my partner have been researching, and all we found was when it get filled, A turn on, then B turn on and A stay on, then C turn on and A/B stay on. It is not what we wanted. Any suggestions?

Edit: Also if we drained it back to 66%, Light B is supposed to turn on and C off. Same with A.
    Last edited by powerofdeath; January 10th, 2015 at 06:05 AM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Anyone good at building circuit?

Give me the schematic and I can probably tell you whats what. Im no pro in the field but I work enough projects on hack-a-day to know my way around a schematic.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

4. ISO #4

Put some voltage regulation on those water wires (such as a wheatstone bridge hooked into an op-amp) so you get a reasonable swing from ~0.5V to ~3V, stick them into a microcontroller like a PIC-12, and program it to turn on one LED at a time when the voltage is at a certain level. Easy as cake.

If you're a communist and hate microcontrollers, you can also do this with a couple BJTs to switch between LEDs.
    Last edited by Dark.Revenant; January 10th, 2015 at 11:00 PM.

5. ISO #5

DR lurks the fuck out of these forums still
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒