Day 2: The Painted Lady - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: Day 2: The Painted Lady

Quote Originally Posted by FM Narks View Post
    -vote FM oops_ur_dead

We need to start somewhere, and I felt his posts to be very aggresive.
    Now that you are here I would like to ask- What other reads do you have from D1? Especially on those players with some substance in their posts. Is there any specific posts that stuck out to you and why?

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by FM FalseTruth View Post
    I don't know what to think of those two. One minute they seem townish, the next I'm sure they're scum. Gerik sure spent a lot of time asking everyone what they thought about everyone else...
    I never thought I would hear that thats a scum tell. If you would like ask me what I think about anyone.

5. ISO #55

I don't know what to think of those two. One minute they seem townish, the next I'm sure they're scum. Gerik sure spent a lot of time asking everyone what they thought about everyone else...
    Also.. Your post #104 ""Probably" meaning not at all."
    It appears you answered for Crim right there. This struck me as odd. Why answer the question for him and not crim answer himself? What made you do this?

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by FM Rumpel View Post
    FalseTruth overreacted to Crimson's vote

>he thinks that crimson is solidly town
    >crimson votes him(for reasons unclear, though)
    >he thinks that crimson is no longer solidly town
    >he immediately makes a post "doesn't mean he's scum" -- this appears to me as if he wants to cover up his initial reaction

I'm gonna go along with this
    -vote FM FalseTruth
    You're new to Mafia games, aren't you? Reads often change over time. Just because I'm not sure he's town, that's not absolute proof that he's scum, you do know what Null means, don't you?

And I'm a "she", btw, thanks.

7. ISO #57

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

Quote Originally Posted by FM Ganondorf View Post
    I would like more insight as to how others took Crimson day 1, I had him as my top scum suspect, but FalseTruth saw him as pure town.
    20:39#5 (Organizational) Strong point saying ‘Anyone that doesn’t comply is scum claiming. It suggests he thought up this plan and took into consideration the way others actions in accordance to it would point to their intention. He is probably an intellectual player with every intention to look for tells and scum hunt (Or be seen as much) Although turning the toh role into a sheriff is not breaking the game he effectively presented an idea I am sure everyone thought of as soon as they saw the role.
    20:39#6 (Toh post)
    09:51#111 (Quotes and speaks to Ozzy) Suggests that he had a town read on Ozzy before his post #108. He is able to recognize experience in me and that I am attempting to control the discussion with a hint that he understand my intention. Expresses a lack of desire to have my nonsense drag on. Probably drew conclusions from Ozzy’s #107, 82, 78, and 67.
    16:38#165 (Response to my asking how I am scummy) I love his logic although I do not agree with it. The tone reeks of anger and frustration. I feel like he has an agenda and what I am doing is fucking with what he wants to do D1. This suggests he has some ‘time proven methodical method’ and my nonsense is out of his norm. Or maybe he just can’t stomach the bullshit I was pushing at that time.
    17:07#173 (Hostile reaction to Ganondorf and FoS on Zack from Yayap’s comment) Im in line with that Zack FoS at this point. A lot of hostility. Im beginning to see it less as hostility and more as just how he interacts.
    17:17#177 (Tpr night action guidance) Kind of out of character. Im not sure that I care for it at all. I do see the logic but the scum counter with zero knowledge of their roles is too much of a risk. Maybe he is fishing to see who would go with such a bid rather than actually footing it. That makes more sense to me.
    17:18#179 (Pushing for substance against obvious overplayed debates)
    17:25#182 (Players ignore his wishes and he takes note) Well now I know if I ever want an emotional reaction from him I just have to push his ‘control’ button
    17:50#186 (References mechanics)
    10:29#194 (This is pretty funny)
    19:40#299 (Aggressive and assertive) I hope I did not make him throw in the towel with my bullshit. At this point he has crossed from buddying Ozzy to pushing him a bit. I do like the flip though. Its still odd he tried to buddy him off the bat. Maybe it was just a ‘common enemy’ thing with me as that enemy.
    19:43#300 (Analyze on play style) I get the feeling he is every bit as invested in finding alignments as looking at how players go about finding them. He has obviously been around long enough to have a strong opinion on how things “Should be done”

Neutral overall. Strong intellectual player and pretty much every one of his posts had some real substance. I cant say too much until I see how he plays D2 to get a real alignment read.

10. ISO #60

Quote Originally Posted by FM Gerik View Post
    It appears you answered for Crim right there. This struck me as odd. Why answer the question for him and not crim answer himself? What made you do this?
    He made a statement saying that I was probably your scum partner. I didn't answer for him, I corrected him. " 'Probably' meaning not at all."

11. ISO #61

12. ISO #62

13. ISO #63

Also

"Sense if a player is lying in a select post from the previous day at night."
    This is why the Toph thing will have to be a daily post. Including feedback can't hurt in my opinion but I am slightly indifferent on that. Im pretty willing to let some of our more critical players on the subject dictate how to go about this and just sheep it.

Also I will point out that I believe Raiden very intentionally did not make the Toph post yesterday.

14. ISO #64

15. ISO #65

Why not?
    Because it means I am on the right track. They do not care for what I am doing and I may have nudged one or two of their guys D1. At the very least if I push hard enough it may make them want to sabotage tonight which reduces their Kpn. If all I am able to accomplish this night is reducing the enemy Kpn one time I feel like I contributed something to the town.
    Odd question.. And can you answer my previous one?

16. ISO #66

Because it means I am on the right track. They do not care for what I am doing and I may have nudged one or two of their guys D1. At the very least if I push hard enough it may make them want to sabotage tonight which reduces their Kpn. If all I am able to accomplish this night is reducing the enemy Kpn one time I feel like I contributed something to the town.
    gerick have you ever considered that false might just be a firescum?

17. ISO #67

I'm falling over tired right now, so sometime after I wake up I'll post a reads list. Will you do the same?
    I could. Theres only soft pegs on something like a 3rd of the players and I would probably change some of them from what I really think to what I want them to think I see them as. But why not. Im very interested to see what your read wall would look like : P

18. ISO #68

I am part of the Gaang.

I was prepped by the Phoenix King last night.
    How do you know you weren't prepped by... Whichever evil neutral role it is that can also prep?

Who I want to see talk is our beloved GoonSwarm (The fluff master himself)

20:42#9 (Fluff)
    20:49#14 (Toh post)
    20:58#19 (Instigating Fluff)
    10:11#120 (Soft unoriginal fos and organizational Fluff) Hate to see me mod killed? Did he read me as new to the game? Is he just looking out for me or posting words for the record?
    10:18#124 (Fluff)
    10:40#129 (Unoriginal opinion) Pretty much repeating MrSmarter
    12:14#136 (Fluff)
    13:52#140 (Anti Lurker) But not calling anyone out.
    13:56#141 (Fluff)
    15:44#155 (Spam or a code) I really don’t care on D1. D2 I may have tried to crack this. 8 lines break 8 lines. Doesn’t look so random to me. And auto correct would grab more words than that. Especially the spaces are odd. Writing about it makes me want to crack it. But I really don’t care about some seeded nonsense.
    19:52#188 (Justify spam/code post)
    22:52#196 (Fluff)
    13:22#332 (Justifies code post)
    14:08#343 (Offering information?) I wonder why he did not just post the info. Why offer it? To find out how interested I am in his code?
    14:16#346 (Justification)
    14:57#366 (Fluff/Justification)
    15:04#372 (Fluff) If its gibberish why talk about it?

Of his posts almost every one of them was an effort to appear town, Fluff, or something defensive. I did not see very much analyzation of others intentions or contributions to the town.

-vote GoonSwarm
    The part where goonswarm reminded you to get an avi so you wouldn't be mod killed actually is what makes him lean town in my book.

I would like more insight as to how others took Crimson day 1, I had him as my top scum suspect, but FalseTruth saw him as pure town.
    Honestly I think there's a slight chance Crimson could be scum but to me he reads as lynchbait. I'm wary of players who are pushing him just because he seems like such low hanging fruit. Scum has literally no benefit to playing as aggressively as Crimson is playing which makes him lean town... And, if you look past the misanthropic presentation, his posts have been more useful than some. I wouldn't say he's a shining beacon of town, but I think it's reasonable for people to read him as more town than not.

19. ISO #69

I don't think it's an odd question, I think I'd be freaked out if Fire was trying to kill me.

Which previous question? I'll be happy to answer it.

20. ISO #70

Quote Originally Posted by FM Crimson View Post
    gerick have you ever considered that false might just be a firescum?
    Scum yes. I really have very little clue how to differentiate non-town from team scum this early. Her end of the day posts trended to fluffy although #388 had a nice tone to it.

Also I apologize for my behavior yesterday. It will not happen again.

21. ISO #71

And "Arsonist: Someone was found tinkering with your possessions last night." You are 100% right. It could be an arson play. I did not even consider that. I just referenced the possible feedback thread and saw this under the Phoenix King. I suppose I assumed the arson's feedback would not look the same.

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

24. ISO #74

Quote Originally Posted by FM Rumpel View Post
    FalseTruth overreacted to Crimson's vote

>he thinks that crimson is solidly town
    >crimson votes him(for reasons unclear, though)
    >he thinks that crimson is no longer solidly town
    >he immediately makes a post "doesn't mean he's scum" -- this appears to me as if he wants to cover up his initial reaction

I'm gonna go along with this
    -vote FM FalseTruth
    I don't find this as scummy as you seem to. I think it's definitely reasonable to read someone controversial as town for a variety of reasons, then notice said controversial person gunning for you based on nothing, and then read the person as less town since they aren't even providing reason behind their slander. If you think said controversial player is still town leaning despite being upset with their slander then it's also reasonable to post that they aren't necessarily scum.

25. ISO #75

To anyone who left a message after the "I am part of the Gang" you run the risk of sabotaging your own post. I recommend that you post it alone, unless you are scum and need a little wiggle room. I will be working for the next 10hours or so. I might be able to make quick posts and read, but for anything more complicated will have to be for later.

26. ISO #76

27. ISO #77

28. ISO #78

Quote Originally Posted by FM philie View Post
    To anyone who left a message after the "I am part of the Gang" you run the risk of sabotaging your own post. I recommend that you post it alone, unless you are scum and need a little wiggle room. I will be working for the next 10hours or so. I might be able to make quick posts and read, but for anything more complicated will have to be for later.
    This makes me sad. I was literally thinking about how I could draw some substance out of you just now.

29. ISO #79

Damn you gerik, you made me get out my computer. I hadn't expected anything from you because of your comment today about being too close to the issue, but its clear you intend to be a strong town leader.

I disagree with parts of your assessment, so I'll point out the variations, I'll leave my other thoughts for later after others have had time to contribute.
    16:38#165 (Response to my asking how I am scummy) I love his logic although I do not agree with it. The tone reeks of anger and frustration. I feel like he has an agenda and what I am doing is fucking with what he wants to do D1. This suggests he has some ‘time proven methodical method’ and my nonsense is out of his norm. Or maybe he just can’t stomach the bullshit I was pushing at that time.

I think this post is actually quite absurd, he starts an argument with an underlying premise that you haven't done the Toph which breaks down his entire post. The logic he uses is convoluted for such a trivial concept that he had already asserted much effectively when he declared the toph strategy initially.

17:18#179 (Pushing for substance against obvious overplayed debates)

I disagree this post actually calls for less substance, as it merely asks for yes or no responses. While I can see why it might be useful, when compared with the question he asked it actually calls for nothing but a bunch of no responses as there is absolutely no way anybody can justify aang claiming d1 in this setup.

17:50#186 (References mechanics)

Incorrectly I might add.
    I'd like a response if possible Gerik.

30. ISO #80

Scum yes. I really have very little clue how to differentiate non-town from team scum this early. Her end of the day posts trended to fluffy although #388 had a nice tone to it.

Also I apologize for my behavior yesterday. It will not happen again.
    its fine, it was just annoiyng to me that we wasted so much time about it

@yap are you going to continue to WK me b/c its starting to bug me. how about you be more helpful and instead of defenidng me from stupid you make a read list on the players in one post

31. ISO #81

32. ISO #82

33. ISO #83

34. ISO #84

Lol maybe firescum hit an immune person,

Arsonist seems to be popular nowadays.

A word of advice to Aang/White locust, Only visit people that did the "I am a member of the Gaang" post. And filter from that, if you have no good non-scummy targets DO NOT VISIT ANYONE! I would personally hate to see a OverJokeronist.

35. ISO #85

36. ISO #86

37. ISO #87

38. ISO #88

its fine, it was just annoiyng to me that we wasted so much time about it

@yap are you going to continue to WK me b/c its starting to bug me. how about you be more helpful and instead of defenidng me from stupid you make a read list on the players in one post
    I will always defend low hanging fruit if I think it's angling at a mislynch. I seem to be picking up more town tells than scumtell a so I'm afraid a list at this point would be more helpful to scum than town. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on FalseTruth though.

39. ISO #89

Quote Originally Posted by FM Yayap View Post
    I will always defend low hanging fruit if I think it's angling at a mislynch. I seem to be picking up more town tells than scumtell a so I'm afraid a list at this point would be more helpful to scum than town. I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on FalseTruth though.
    You keep suggesting that Crimson is "lynchbait" and "low hanging fruit", if you could elaborate on that, I'd appreciate it, and I'm not talking about the concept that is crystal clear. I want to know why you think he qualifies.

40. ISO #90

Damn you gerik, you made me get out my computer. I hadn't expected anything from you because of your comment today about being too close to the issue, but its clear you intend to be a strong town leader.

I disagree with parts of your assessment, so I'll point out the variations, I'll leave my other thoughts for later after others have had time to contribute.

I'd like a response if possible Gerik.
    For starters- I am doing something I have not done before this game. Posting my direct notes. The stuff typed is literally what pops into my head when going through their posts and its written for me. Not for me to convey reads to others. In that light hopefully they will make more sense.

That first line was me reading into the player. I was thinking of reasons for his reaction and tone. My conclusion was that he has an agenda D1 and dosnt care for my agenda.

I stand by my "Pushing for substance against obvious overplayed debates". Some of his posts were directed at avoiding pointless conversation every bit as much as fostering good conversation. This also suggests he in no way sees D1 as useless.

@#186 "Aang can't die while all the other main characters are alive"

"You are Immune to night death until either Katara, Sokka, Toph, Zuko, Appa, or Iroh is killed."

I disagree. His statement was accurate.

41. ISO #91

One begins to wonder how well Crimson understands English.
    im begining to wonder why you even have your vote on me if your not even going to ask me anythign. your just vote parking FMPOV just to avoid dcissuona dn being productive

i want to hear from your first. whats your read on false and why? and dont bore me with logic and thoughts, use examples of his post on why show me a case on why you think hes town or scum (if you think hes scum you should just join me and vote him)

42. ISO #92

You keep suggesting that Crimson is "lynchbait" and "low hanging fruit", if you could elaborate on that, I'd appreciate it, and I'm not talking about the concept that is crystal clear. I want to know why you think he qualifies.
    People want to lynch him for seeming scummy based on a surface level analysis. To me (and apparently FalseTruth), he reads leaning townie based on contributions and looking past the aggressive facade.

43. ISO #93

44. ISO #94

you are really starting to draw my ire you knwo that right? im 99% sure i know who you are and that if your really want to prove to me that you are town you will start by talking to me and not ignoring me

45. ISO #95

@#186 "Aang can't die while all the other main characters are alive"

"You are Immune to night death until either Katara, Sokka, Toph, Zuko, Appa, or Iroh is killed."

I disagree. His statement was accurate.
    Seemingly accurate, but misleading, I noted very quickly in pregame that

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix King (Unique)
    Your Sabotage kills bypass all instances of healing, armor, or invulnerability.

46. ISO #96

You're new to Mafia games, aren't you? Reads often change over time. Just because I'm not sure he's town, that's not absolute proof that he's scum, you do know what Null means, don't you?

And I'm a "she", btw, thanks.
    that's not my point

saying "no longer solidly town" is completely sufficient, but you immediately added "doesn't mean he's scum"

take this scenario

A voted B
    B defensively reads A as not townish
    B realized his reaction is scummy and added that "doesn't mean A is scum"

47. ISO #97

48. ISO #98

People want to lynch him for seeming scummy based on a surface level analysis. To me (and apparently FalseTruth), he reads leaning townie based on contributions and looking past the aggressive facade.
    Interesting, I had him town on a surface level analysis, but after his aggression towards me, I reread him and changed my mind.

49. ISO #99

50. ISO #100

you are really starting to draw my ire you knwo that right? im 99% sure i know who you are and that if your really want to prove to me that you are town you will start by talking to me and not ignoring me
    I'm sorry I didn't realize you wanted to defend yourself. You did after all acknowledge my vote with a lack of care or concern.