User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FAQ

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: FAQ

OoO?
    1v1 tie rulings?
    can we have explicit wincons shown to avoid ambungity? (ie town: elminate mafia, evil neutral and have surviving memebr)
    is there a name of the annons being used already made?
    feedbacks list?
    is it possible for rp to contain clues or hints about the game

I will propb have more role related ideas and stuff when im not as tired and go time to sit down and churn it all out

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    OoO?
    1v1 tie rulings?
    can we have explicit wincons shown to avoid ambungity? (ie town: elminate mafia, evil neutral and have surviving memebr)
    is there a name of the annons being used already made?
    feedbacks list?
    is it possible for rp to contain clues or hints about the game

I will propb have more role related ideas and stuff when im not as tired and go time to sit down and churn it all out
    Coming in the next few days, we just worked for some 4 straight hours so we are breaking.

Repeat.

Win conditions will be clear and direct.

The accounts? They have been decided.

Also coming.

Possibly. Not confirmed or ruled out.

4. ISO #4

Can the Avatar and Iroh turn EVERY player into ANY role? (If not please make it clear in the setup)
    If yes, does it change their faction?
    Can the Caporegime turn town and neutral evil roles into fire antion roles and will they be in the Fire nation faction then?
    How can you become a white Lotus?
    And can the other Fire nation members get killed through Azulas charges?

Just a few questions from my side.^^
    Last edited by Helios; December 14th, 2014 at 03:20 AM.
    This is the Revolution. The glorious Evolution. There is no light, without shadow.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Can the Avatar and Iroh turn EVERY player into ANY role? (If not please make it clear in the setup)
    If yes, does it change their faction?
    Can the Caporegime turn town and neutral evil roles into fire antion roles and will they be in the Fire nation faction then?
    How can you become a white Lotus?
    And can the other Fire nation members get killed through Azulas charges?

Just a few questions from my side.^^
    1. No. This is explained in the Special Mechanics thread. You may only receive a role from your alignment.
    2. N/A
    3. Caporegime can only exist in the Fire Nation and can only target other members of the Fire Nation.
    4. The same way you become a sheriff or a doctor.
    5. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysergic View Post
    Can a Truthseer be fooled by a Framer?
    If a Truthseer checks a post that says, "This statement is a lie," does the FM break?
    1. No. Framing does not affect the posts of a player. Thus, truthseeing ignores framing.
    2. Yes. The FM breaks and immediately ends (loljk).
    Real answer: Truthseeing detects whether or not there are any lies within a given post and only receives a yes or no confirmation from the hosts ("Yes, there is a lie somewhere in the post" or "No, the entire post is true"). As such, if that statement (or a similar statement with no/impossible to determine truth value) is in a larger post, it will be ignored and the truth seeing will assess whether or there are any lies in the remainder of the post. If there is a post that contains nothing but similar statements, a truthseer would be very unwise to select it as it would give them no information about the game whatsoever.
    Last edited by Forum Mafia GM; December 14th, 2014 at 11:19 AM.

7. ISO #7

Okay, related question.

Since the Truthseer selects a specific post, can their feedback be manipulated by roles like Witch, Bus Driver, etc.?
    It presumably can be roleblocked like any other night action, yeah?

EDIT:

Also, what happens if Aang and Iroh visit the same person at night?

EDIT 2:

Also, is Ghost a secondary role? His role card doesn't really explain what he's supposed to do. Some of the other neutrals are similarly unclear: Ghost, Judge, Locksmith, Private Eye, Sadist, and Stalker.

I notice that the Special Mechanics thread says that secondary roles are of the same alignment. By this, do you mean that secondary roles share your initial role's win condition (thus making is possible for your secondary role to be one of the above mentioned benign neutrals, while your win condition remains unchanged from your primary role) or do you mean that the secondary roles are pulled from your alignment's role list (e.g. town roles, mafia roles)? Basically, is it possible to be Citizen/Private Eye in the first instance, or only something like Citizen/Blacksmith in the second?

And since I'm thinking about it now, is Citizen a potential secondary role? Like... could I be a Jailor, get visited by Aang, and then have my excitement dashed when I roll Citizen as my secondary? If so... wai?
    Last edited by Lysergic; December 14th, 2014 at 05:50 PM.

8. ISO #8

"If you share a common active prep with any Arsonist, Associate, or Technician, you will also Sabotage every player they had setup to Sabotage."
    What role is the Associate? I assume you mean the Phoenix King?

Does the Phoenix King and Technician's Prep give feedback like the Arsonist's?

Does Charging give feedback?

For the overlord: "Your puppets, will be prevented from earning feedback not directly associated with their role." Does this mean a puppet who receives a 1-use gun will gain a 1-use gun but not be notified that they have it?

If you gain a secondary role that allows you to act during the day, can you use it in addition to an action that allows you to act during the night? (i.e. marshall and lookout)

Locksmith: "During the next day you may analyze their feedback, and should you properly guess the players role you will gain the ability to use their night action at night." Do you have to guess primary and all revealed secondary roles? Or does guessing one of their roles gain you usage of the role you guessed correctly?

Sadist: "Should you successfully haunt a player there will be no day start information." Is the act of haunting someone without being roleblocked a "successful haunting", or is a "successful haunting" if your target is attacked and you get to kill the attacker?
    The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

9. ISO #9

Okay, related question.

Since the Truthseer selects a specific post, can their feedback be manipulated by roles like Witch, Bus Driver, etc.?
    It presumably can be roleblocked like any other night action, yeah?

Since witches and bus drivers target players and truthseeing targets a specific post, witches and bus drivers cannot manipulate the truthseeing. The truthseer will still receive witched/bussed feedback, and any non-truthseeing abilities the truthseer might use (ie. secondary roles, one-shot guns, etc.) may still be manipulated by witch/bd).

EDIT:

Also, what happens if Aang and Iroh visit the same person at night?

Their shared target hits the fucking jackpot (they receive both of their secondary roles).

EDIT 2:

Also, is Ghost a secondary role? His role card doesn't really explain what he's supposed to do. Some of the other neutrals are similarly unclear: Ghost, Judge, Locksmith, Private Eye, Sadist, and Stalker.

All power roles, including the ones you mentioned, may be primary or secondary. None are fixed as one or the other except the roles that are confirmed to be in the game (ie. Aang, Ozai, Iroh, etc.)

Win conditions are coming soon™ which will hopefully clear some things up. But if there's something more specific/not win-con related that I can clear up, let me know.

I notice that the Special Mechanics thread says that secondary roles are of the same alignment. By this, do you mean that secondary roles share your initial role's win condition (thus making is possible for your secondary role to be one of the above mentioned benign neutrals, while your win condition remains unchanged from your primary role) or do you mean that the secondary roles are pulled from your alignment's role list (e.g. town roles, mafia roles)? Basically, is it possible to be Citizen/Private Eye in the first instance, or only something like Citizen/Blacksmith in the second?

When we say that the role must share your starting alignment, we mean that if you are assigned the role of citizen, which is aligned with town, then the only roles you can get as secondary roles are other town-aligned roles. If you are in the fire nation, you can only get fire nation roles. So there will be no citizen/ghosts, no consort/serial killers, etc. Your win condition doesn't change in these cases because all your roles have the same one.

For the Cabbage merchant, it's a tad different. He still only gets roles from the neutral alignment, but due to the nature of neutral roles, this means the cabbage merchant gains additional win conditions if visited by Aang and/or Iroh. So for the cabbage merchant, completing any one of his roles' win conditions will earn him his win.

And since I'm thinking about it now, is Citizen a potential secondary role? Like... could I be a Jailor, get visited by Aang, and then have my excitement dashed when I roll Citizen as my secondary? If so... wai?

No, citizen can only be a primary role.

Quote Originally Posted by clementine View Post

What role is the Associate? I assume you mean the Phoenix King?

Yes. This has been changed in the setup to reflect as much. Hopefully all instances of it have been found and changed, but if not just pretend that it says Phoenix King.

Does the Phoenix King and Technician's Prep give feedback like the Arsonist's?

They all give the same feedback.

Does Charging give feedback?

Yes.

For the overlord: "Your puppets, will be prevented from earning feedback not directly associated with their role." Does this mean a puppet who receives a 1-use gun will gain a 1-use gun but not be notified that they have it?

That is correct.

If you gain a secondary role that allows you to act during the day, can you use it in addition to an action that allows you to act during the night? (i.e. marshall and lookout)

Yes.

Locksmith: "During the next day you may analyze their feedback, and should you properly guess the players role you will gain the ability to use their night action at night." Do you have to guess primary and all revealed secondary roles? Or does guessing one of their roles gain you usage of the role you guessed correctly?

Guessing any one of the target's enabled roles will grant the power of the correctly guessed role.

Sadist: "Should you successfully haunt a player there will be no day start information." Is the act of haunting someone without being roleblocked a "successful haunting", or is a "successful haunting" if your target is attacked and you get to kill the attacker?
    Much like a doctor must actually save someone from an attack to be credited with a successful heal, so too must the sadist actually kill an attacker in order to be credited with a successful haunt.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by ika View Post
    is white lotus (the role itself) a possible role or just an addon?

to clarify:

Player A gets visited by grand lotus
    Does player A get white lotus + new role
    or
    gets one of the 2?
    It is a possible role, not an addon to other roles. So they would get one of the two, predetermined.

12. ISO #12

Are some roles excluded from specific roles for a secondary role? Ie- Can a Jester get the secondary role of Survivor or are the excluded due to having a conflicting win condition?

Can a Truth-seer be robbed of their feedback?

If an Infestor infests the Grand Lotus will the the Grand Lotus have seperate chats with the other lotus and the infestor or will the infestor join the lotus chat?

Will roles be hand picked or random? (Both the roles that will be played as well as the players given the roles)

Will there be quiz questions after death?
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    Are some roles excluded from specific roles for a secondary role? Ie- Can a Jester get the secondary role of Survivor or are the excluded due to having a conflicting win condition?

Can a Truth-seer be robbed of their feedback?

If an Infestor infests the Grand Lotus will the the Grand Lotus have seperate chats with the other lotus and the infestor or will the infestor join the lotus chat?

Will roles be hand picked or random? (Both the roles that will be played as well as the players given the roles)

Will there be quiz questions after death?
    No.

Yes.

Seperate.

All roles have already been determined.

We can work on this I suppose. I also wanted a Dead-FM after one of the recent games, might can look into that. With the official date set we have some time now so we can come up with some dead stuff.
    Last edited by Forum Mafia GM; December 20th, 2014 at 10:31 AM.

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Roku View Post
    No, citizen can only be a primary role.

Much like a doctor must actually save someone from an attack to be credited with a successful heal, so too must the sadist actually kill an attacker in order to be credited with a successful haunt.
    you mean he really has to die, so even if he attacks and target is healed it won't count?

also this catalog

architect: chat anonymous?
    amne: remember avatar/grand lotus role?
    enchantress: i assume must use both abilities together?
    executioner: target always town?
    gypsy: can cursed player reveal that and what he must do? if yes, can the demand contain "and do not reveal this"? also how many demands is max (for gypsy and bmer)?
    shaman: can target ???
    truthseer: what if host doesnt know the lie? (for example "i got to work now" or "i think x is mafia") what if the post contains a statement the writer doesnt know for certain/at all? (example: "x is mafia" either just written out of nowhere or combined with a previous sheriff check result which is ofc not 100% either. does it then depend on the real role of x if it's a lie or not?) so is the absolute truth relevant or the truth from the eye of the writer
    vet: if alerts on someone else's house, is the other one immune?
    witch: so the witched player will visit 2 people at once, the wording is a bit unprecise here
    det: what if 2 targets? like bd, witch, mafia kill+action
    only citizens' and mafiosos' lws are shown? if yes does this citizen ability count as a "power" and remain once someone becomes another power?
    will rp names be given out?
    avatar and grand lotus are unique roles?
    curse and bm = same feedback?
    blackmailer: if one claims blackmailed, does he still need to do the task in order to not die?
    "You may not act in any way following the use of Retraining." does this mean the next night or the whole game? ie is this a one time action
    drug dealer: can he drug blackmails?
    mafioso: what happens to real lw of citizens
    technician: can he also sabotage prepped targets by fire lord (or arso) and vice versa
    what means phoenix will take on a new face
    WHUT no tailor charge limit? are you kidding?
    thief: can he target fellow mafias
    thief: i guess he can can only do one action he possesses OR rob another player each night
    azula/EM: can they charge themselves? legit strategy since they are immune. if they are charged and charge someone (or 2 someones) else, will they explode that same night because charging is a visit?
    consort: is informed if target immune to rb?
    arso: define swapping action. only bd or also operator etc
    disguiser: will get access to lotus chat?
    disguiser/doppelganger: what role will appear in graveyard when they disguise and when they die
    "You gain 1 charge of Escape for every Factional Night Chat you infiltrate via Escaping." also if this chat was infiltrated before by normal disguise (so he knows the members)?
    EM: "When 2+ charged players interact they will be uncharged." this also true for azula?
    joker/judge: what if threat target dies at night (same night of threat or after)
    joker and some others: define basic night attacks. == non piercing?
    "if you are actively threatened" you mean actively threatening?
    "when you become the final Parolee left alive" explain, there can only be one anyway
    town amne: changes alignment when remembering mafia etc?
    win cons: does game end once one of the neutral evils meets his win con though there are still town and mafs left?
    lawyer: does he need to be alive if his target is alive and wins in order to win
    student: if student dies before being able to take on the role, does he auto lose even if master wins (living or not)?
    jester: target must be a voter?
    judge: what if rb immune?
    lawyer/survivor: also immune to piercing night attacks?
    sadist: what day start information will be missing
    "You gain 1 charge every time you wait 2 nights to Survive." so 2 nights in a row? 4 nights in a row = 2 charges?
    the game mechanic thread is missing. day/night lengths etc
    ooo and feedback list still missing
    is roku/sozin gerik or slaol
    thief: does he have to guess or can he just not guess so he doesnt fail and the guy doesnt get the feedback
    is it possible to have white lotus as first role only, second/third role only or both
    judge and joker = same announcement?
    EM: also kills if someone has 2 charges?
    azula and EM: do their charges cross? ie if someone charged by azula visits someone charged by EM, will they explode?
    witch: if target has 2 targets, which will be affected
    what if azula is charged and is witched on herself for the second charge, will she die? because it says self kills ignore immunity but technically it's not a self kill but a self charge

FM Stats: Town 8 wins of 12 Mafia 3 of 4 All 11 of 16 (69%)

Complete FM History: Click

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    well thats the first com claim
    plus i get the feeling that invisible mode cannot be enabled...
    I PMed Slaol about invis mode from my FM account, so it will probs be enabled soon. And Klingoncelt, what do you mean register? Log out of your account on this forum and log in using what was PMed to you. No registration - the accounts are already made.

25. ISO #25

I PMed Slaol about invis mode from my FM account, so it will probs be enabled soon. And Klingoncelt, what do you mean register? Log out of your account on this forum and log in using what was PMed to you. No registration - the accounts are already made.
    Probably just didn't include the "FM" part, or typo.

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

you mean he really has to die, so even if he attacks and target is healed it won't count?

also this catalog

architect: chat anonymous?
    amne: remember avatar/grand lotus role?
    enchantress: i assume must use both abilities together?
    executioner: target always town?
    gypsy: can cursed player reveal that and what he must do? if yes, can the demand contain "and do not reveal this"? also how many demands is max (for gypsy and bmer)?
    shaman: can target ???
    truthseer: what if host doesnt know the lie? (for example "i got to work now" or "i think x is mafia") what if the post contains a statement the writer doesnt know for certain/at all? (example: "x is mafia" either just written out of nowhere or combined with a previous sheriff check result which is ofc not 100% either. does it then depend on the real role of x if it's a lie or not?) so is the absolute truth relevant or the truth from the eye of the writer
    vet: if alerts on someone else's house, is the other one immune?
    witch: so the witched player will visit 2 people at once, the wording is a bit unprecise here
    det: what if 2 targets? like bd, witch, mafia kill+action
    only citizens' and mafiosos' lws are shown? if yes does this citizen ability count as a "power" and remain once someone becomes another power?
    will rp names be given out?
    avatar and grand lotus are unique roles?
    curse and bm = same feedback?
    blackmailer: if one claims blackmailed, does he still need to do the task in order to not die?
    "You may not act in any way following the use of Retraining." does this mean the next night or the whole game? ie is this a one time action
    drug dealer: can he drug blackmails?
    mafioso: what happens to real lw of citizens
    technician: can he also sabotage prepped targets by fire lord (or arso) and vice versa
    what means phoenix will take on a new face
    WHUT no tailor charge limit? are you kidding?
    thief: can he target fellow mafias
    thief: i guess he can can only do one action he possesses OR rob another player each night
    azula/EM: can they charge themselves? legit strategy since they are immune. if they are charged and charge someone (or 2 someones) else, will they explode that same night because charging is a visit?
    consort: is informed if target immune to rb?
    arso: define swapping action. only bd or also operator etc
    disguiser: will get access to lotus chat?
    disguiser/doppelganger: what role will appear in graveyard when they disguise and when they die
    "You gain 1 charge of Escape for every Factional Night Chat you infiltrate via Escaping." also if this chat was infiltrated before by normal disguise (so he knows the members)?
    EM: "When 2+ charged players interact they will be uncharged." this also true for azula?
    joker/judge: what if threat target dies at night (same night of threat or after)
    joker and some others: define basic night attacks. == non piercing?
    "if you are actively threatened" you mean actively threatening?
    "when you become the final Parolee left alive" explain, there can only be one anyway
    town amne: changes alignment when remembering mafia etc?
    win cons: does game end once one of the neutral evils meets his win con though there are still town and mafs left?
    lawyer: does he need to be alive if his target is alive and wins in order to win
    student: if student dies before being able to take on the role, does he auto lose even if master wins (living or not)?
    jester: target must be a voter?
    judge: what if rb immune?
    lawyer/survivor: also immune to piercing night attacks?
    sadist: what day start information will be missing
    "You gain 1 charge every time you wait 2 nights to Survive." so 2 nights in a row? 4 nights in a row = 2 charges?
    the game mechanic thread is missing. day/night lengths etc
    ooo and feedback list still missing
    is roku/sozin gerik or slaol
    thief: does he have to guess or can he just not guess so he doesnt fail and the guy doesnt get the feedback
    is it possible to have white lotus as first role only, second/third role only or both
    judge and joker = same announcement?
    EM: also kills if someone has 2 charges?
    azula and EM: do their charges cross? ie if someone charged by azula visits someone charged by EM, will they explode?
    witch: if target has 2 targets, which will be affected
    what if azula is charged and is witched on herself for the second charge, will she die? because it says self kills ignore immunity but technically it's not a self kill but a self charge

Must die

Yes

Allowed

Yes

Not guaranteed no

The Cursed player may find any loop hole not locked by the gypsy. If they are permitted to reveal it within the message than good for them

Yes

If the host can confirm a lie we will. Things that are not really game related can not be confirmed by the host. Feedback will clear this up once posted.

No

How is witch card unclear? It will operate like Sc2 witch if that helps

Detective will be told all targets

Yes it remains

They are attached to players, will be given upon death or the revealing of a new role.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

One night

Yes

Covered, hidden to public

Yes

What?

We are not kidding

Let me clear that up with Roku

Each night is fine

Yes. Yes.

No.

Bus driver & chauffeur

Potentially

???

What do you mean?

Yes.

Then the threat can not be completed, thus it is useless

Yes. Basic is anything that does not pierce

No. If the joker himself is the threatened target.

There can be 2, and even if only 1 that'd be a single kill

No. Just role. I think that was meant to be limited to town though. Pending.... Pending.... Pending....

No.

No.

No. If his master wins he wins

Yes.

Then they are immune

Piercing pierces, to my knowledge we have nothing immune to that.

All other than the fact that day did go up

Correct, 2 in a row. The third night would be the start of a new set, this night 4 would be a second additional vest

Those will be completed shortly

Sozin is Slaol
    Roku is Gerik, Gerik is your primary host and pms should go his way

No guess is a failure

White lotus may be any of the roles

Same announcement, it also looks like crier and journalist

What?

Yes

Both will be affected

She is immune to charge death, and as you have directly detected it is an action that might cause death, but not a kill.

30. ISO #30

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Lord Sozin View Post
    Must die

Yes

Allowed

Yes

Not guaranteed no

The Cursed player may find any loop hole not locked by the gypsy. If they are permitted to reveal it within the message than good for them

Yes

If the host can confirm a lie we will. Things that are not really game related can not be confirmed by the host. Feedback will clear this up once posted.

No

How is witch card unclear? It will operate like Sc2 witch if that helps

Detective will be told all targets

Yes it remains

They are attached to players, will be given upon death or the revealing of a new role.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

One night

Yes

Covered, hidden to public

Yes

What?

We are not kidding

Let me clear that up with Roku

Each night is fine

Yes. Yes.

No.

Bus driver & chauffeur

Potentially

???

What do you mean?

Yes.

Then the threat can not be completed, thus it is useless

Yes. Basic is anything that does not pierce

No. If the joker himself is the threatened target.

There can be 2, and even if only 1 that'd be a single kill

No. Just role. I think that was meant to be limited to town though. Pending.... Pending.... Pending....

No.

No.

No. If his master wins he wins

Yes.

Then they are immune

Piercing pierces, to my knowledge we have nothing immune to that.

All other than the fact that day did go up

Correct, 2 in a row. The third night would be the start of a new set, this night 4 would be a second additional vest

Those will be completed shortly

Sozin is Slaol
    Roku is Gerik, Gerik is your primary host and pms should go his way

No guess is a failure

White lotus may be any of the roles

Same announcement, it also looks like crier and journalist

What?

Yes

Both will be affected

She is immune to charge death, and as you have directly detected it is an action that might cause death, but not a kill.
    so how many demands is max (for gypsy and bmer)?

truthseer: scenario A: player a checked x, a framed townie, and gets guilty result and writes: "i checked b. b is mafia." is the second sentence a lie?
    scenario B: player b (town) says "i think y is mafia" however y is town. is the sentence a lie?
    scenario C: player c (mafia) says "i think y is mafia" however y is still town, and c knows his mates. is the sentence now a lie?
    scenario D: player d (town) says without any check or clue "z is mafia". is it a lie if 1) z is indeed mafia coincidentally or 2) if he is town

yes i already thought it's like standard witch but the wording "force them to visit a second target" says the target would visit his target + a second, like another target. but you probably mean with 'second' the witch's second target

in the rolecard it says "If you are lynched you will take on a new face"
    what does this mean

"thief: i guess he can can only do one action he possesses OR rob another player each night"
    "Each night is fine"
    i meant can he do both, rob and use one of his roles in the same night

"disguiser: will get access to lotus chat?"
    "Potentially"
    depending on what? always if he disguises as lotus?

"disguiser/doppelganger: what role will appear in graveyard when they disguise and when they die"
    "???"
    by when they die i meant once the disguiser dies after he disguised someone, is it then too ??? or just "disguiser" like usual

""You gain 1 charge of Escape for every Factional Night Chat you infiltrate via Escaping." also if this chat was infiltrated before by normal disguise (so he knows the members)?"
    i meant if he escapes and infiltrates a night chat he will get a charge. but if he has infiltrated the mafia night chat before by using normal disguise, he already knows the mafia team. then he can simply escape into another mafia (possibly someone else in between). will this get him a charge too?

then does game end, if there are townies and neutral evil left, neutral evil has already accomplished his win con but town not

"EM: also kills if someone has 2 charges?"
    i meant if EM charges someone twice, does the target die like when azula charges twice

"witch: if target has 2 targets, which will be affected"
    "both"
    so bd will swap x with himself?

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

so how many demands is max (for gypsy and bmer)?

One at a time.

truthseer: scenario A: player a checked x, a framed townie, and gets guilty result and writes: "i checked b. b is mafia." is the second sentence a lie?
    scenario B: player b (town) says "i think y is mafia" however y is town. is the sentence a lie?
    scenario C: player c (mafia) says "i think y is mafia" however y is still town, and c knows his mates. is the sentence now a lie?
    scenario D: player d (town) says without any check or clue "z is mafia". is it a lie if 1) z is indeed mafia coincidentally or 2) if he is town

Scenario A: No. In this case (assuming that player a is actually a sheriff and did actually check the framed player), since player a is not lying (that is, they are not saying something they know to be false), Toph will see that statement as true.
    Scenario B: No. This sentence's truth value is impossible to determine because it does not make a statement of fact, and as such will be ignored when assessing whether or not a post contains any lies.
    Scenario C: Yes, that's a lie.
    Scenario D: Once again, the statement has no truth value and will be ignored when determining whether or not there is a lie contained within the post, regardless of the actual alignment of the person accused of being mafia.

yes i already thought it's like standard witch but the wording "force them to visit a second target" says the target would visit his target + a second, like another target. but you probably mean with 'second' the witch's second target

Witch targets two people, A and B. The witch's first target (A) is forced to visit her second target (B).

in the rolecard it says "If you are lynched you will take on a new face"
    what does this mean

Disguise as someone. Specifically, a random voter.

"thief: i guess he can can only do one action he possesses OR rob another player each night"
    "Each night is fine"
    i meant can he do both, rob and use one of his roles in the same night

No. One or the other.

"disguiser: will get access to lotus chat?"
    "Potentially"
    depending on what? always if he disguises as lotus?

Yes.

"disguiser/doppelganger: what role will appear in graveyard when they disguise and when they die"
    "???"
    by when they die i meant once the disguiser dies after he disguised someone, is it then too ??? or just "disguiser" like usual

It will appear as "???"

""You gain 1 charge of Escape for every Factional Night Chat you infiltrate via Escaping." also if this chat was infiltrated before by normal disguise (so he knows the members)?"
    i meant if he escapes and infiltrates a night chat he will get a charge. but if he has infiltrated the mafia night chat before by using normal disguise, he already knows the mafia team. then he can simply escape into another mafia (possibly someone else in between). will this get him a charge too?

I don't understand your question. Please clarify.

then does game end, if there are townies and neutral evil left, neutral evil has already accomplished his win con but town not

Yes.

"EM: also kills if someone has 2 charges?"
    i meant if EM charges someone twice, does the target die like when azula charges twice

Yes.

"witch: if target has 2 targets, which will be affected"
    "both"
    so bd will swap x with himself?
    Yup.
    Last edited by Forum Mafia GM; December 30th, 2014 at 07:28 PM.

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

so if only one blackmail is allowed, is "do ... without claiming blackmailed" legit? if yes, what about "do ... and don't claim blackmailed"

hm i dont really know how to make it more clear...

it says in the setup:
    You may also Escape the night following your own lynching to Disguise as another player.
    You have 1 charge of Escape.
    You gain 1 charge of Escape for every Factional Night Chat you infiltrate via Escaping.
    that means that if he escapes into a mafia or mason, he will get another charge of escape. however if he was already part of the mafia chat before, he knows all of it's member and can simply escape in one of them. then he infiltrated the night chat a second time. if he would then get a charge of escape, he could escape again into the next mafia etc and so he'd never be lynched. so the question is, is it only valid if it's the FIRST time he kills one of the mafia/mason team

maybe an example:
    doppelganger disguised at first as a mafia. he gets night chat access and gets a charge of disguise. then he disguises again as a different mafia. he gets no charges, because he had already infiltrated this chat before. now he disguises as citizen. now he is lynched. he escapes into a lotus and gets access to their chat. he gets a new charge of escape. now he's lynched again and now he escapes into a mafia, gaining once again access to their night chat. he shouldn't get another charge of escape, because he had already infiltrated this chat before. this correct?

39. ISO #39

so if only one blackmail is allowed, is "do ... without claiming blackmailed" legit? if yes, what about "do ... and don't claim blackmailed"

A demand is a single objective that must be completed. So "Do x without claiming blackmailed" is considered to be a single demand because it only asks the player to do one thing. The "without claiming blackmailed" part is merely a parameter in which the demand ("Do x") must be completed. So even though only a single demand may exist at a time, there can be an infinite number of parameters attached to that demand (well, as many as the blackmailer/gypsy/etc. can come up with).

hm i dont really know how to make it more clear...

it says in the setup:

that means that if he escapes into a mafia or mason, he will get another charge of escape. however if he was already part of the mafia chat before, he knows all of it's member and can simply escape in one of them. then he infiltrated the night chat a second time. if he would then get a charge of escape, he could escape again into the next mafia etc and so he'd never be lynched. so the question is, is it only valid if it's the FIRST time he kills one of the mafia/mason team

maybe an example:
    doppelganger disguised at first as a mafia. he gets night chat access and gets a charge of disguise. then he disguises again as a different mafia. he gets no charges, because he had already infiltrated this chat before. now he disguises as citizen. now he is lynched. he escapes into a lotus and gets access to their chat. he gets a new charge of escape. now he's lynched again and now he escapes into a mafia, gaining once again access to their night chat. he shouldn't get another charge of escape, because he had already infiltrated this chat before. this correct?

That is correct. It can only get one charge per night chat. So infiltrating the mafia chat and then disguising as another mafia member will not give it another charge, because it already got one for infiltrating that chat. To get another charge this way, it would have to infiltrate another chat. Like White Lotus, for instance.

There.

40. ISO #40

[quote="Special Mechanics]How do witches/bus drivers/etc. interact with multiple roles?
    Any witches and/or bus drivers will be unable to alter which action is performed, only redirect where that action goes.[/quote]

[COLOR="#00FF00"]How does this work with someone who is a Citizen, gains an additional role (or two) but then decides to take no action at night?[/COLOR]

Can Gypsy force someone to reveal via curse (i.e. "Post your primary and secondary roles in day chat") or will the cursed player simply be able to lie? If the cursed player doesn't fulfill the demand, will they be able to complete a night action before dying, or does suicide happen before night actions?

For that matter, what is the order of operations?

41. ISO #41

Derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Special Mechanics
    How do witches/bus drivers/etc. interact with multiple roles?
    Any witches and/or bus drivers will be unable to alter which action is performed, only redirect where that action goes.
    How does this work with someone who is a Citizen, gains an additional role (or two) but then decides to take no action at night?

Can Gypsy force someone to reveal via curse (i.e. "Post your primary and secondary roles in day chat") or will the cursed player simply be able to lie? If the cursed player doesn't fulfill the demand, will they be able to complete a night action before dying, or does suicide happen before night actions?

42. ISO #42

Quote Originally Posted by FM Ozymandias View Post
    Derp.

How does this work with someone who is a Citizen, gains an additional role (or two) but then decides to take no action at night?

It will work exactly as the wording in the setup implies. The action selected is "do nothing", so the witch, being unable to change the action performed, will force the target to do nothing at someone else's house for the night. And this applies to any primary role that opts to take no action at night, not just a citizen (citizens with no secondary roles or items/players who do not submit night action pms will take the "do nothing" action by default)

Invalid demand. The blackmailer/gypsy itself must be able to determine whether or not a blackmail was completed by their target. Thus they cannot demand that a player claim their true role(s) because they would be unable to determine if their target had actually done so. If such a demand is issued, the blackmailed player may simply ignore it. Suicide from blackmail happens at the same time the lynch kill occurs. So it happens before night and thus, before the person can act for that night.

Can't believe we forgot to put the OoO in the setup. But, it's there now. Just for the hell of it, it's here too:

Spoiler : OoO :

1. Captures
    a. Jailor Captures
    b. Kidnapper Captures

2. Night chats open/interviews occur
    a. Architect Invites, Journalist Interviews, Professor Schedules
    b. Corrupt Journalist Interviews
    c. Hitman Contracts, Infestor Infests, Private Eye Contracts, Student Meets

3. Special Kills
    a. Jailor Executes, Veteran Alerts
    b. Disguiser Mimics, Kidnapper Executes
    c. Doppleganger Disguises
    d. Jester Griefs

4. Misdirection & Role blocks
    a. Bus Driver Swaps, Enchantress Lure & Repel, Escort Role Blocks, Matchmaker Matches, Operator Switches
    b. Beguiler Lures, Chauffeur Swaps, Consort Role Blocks
    c. Magician Cages/Repels, Witch Manipulates

5. Protection
    a. Vests Items, Bodyguards Guard, Doctor Heals, Survivalist Survives
    b. Sadist Follows, Stalker Stalks

6. Miscellaneous
    a. Technician Preps/Unpreps
    b. Associate Preps/Unpreps, Blackmailer Blackmails, Framer Frames
    c. Phoenix King Preps/Unpreps, Crown Princess Charges

7. Kill Assists
    a. Arms Dealers Equip, Tailors Dress
    b. Surgeons Malpractice

8. Kills
    a. Gun Items, Bodyguard, Technician, Vigilante
    b. Fire Nation Factional Kill, Associate, Bruiser, Disguiser
    c. Phoenix King, Butcher, Crown Princess, Mass Murderer, Overlord, Parolee, Toxicologist

9. Investigation
    a. Coroner Autopsies, Detective Tracks, Lookout Watches, Sheriff Checks
    b. Consigliere Inspects, Mortician Autopsies, Thief Robs, Tracker Tracks/Watches
    c. Lawyer Investigates, Locksmith Burglarizes, Private Eye Inspects
    d. Truthseer senses

10. Miscellaneous 2 (post kills)
    a. Armorsmith Armors, Blacksmith Arms, Gypsy Curses, Nurse Prescribes
    b. Avatar Meets, Grand Lotus Meets
    c. Arms Dealer Arms, Caporegime Retrains, Drug Dealer Drugs, Mortician Gathers Items, Thief Steals Items
    d. Chemist Plants, Parolees Gather Arms, Toxicologists Demand, Ventriloquist Possesses

11. Conversions
    a. Overlord Controls

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

FM Yayap demanded I ask (some of) this and I never did..

Can Toph detect ‘truth’ from a players comment even if that player has no way of knowing what he said is true or not?
    Will Toph's feedback be changed by obscure details (Such as referring to the Gaang as "Green alignment" or "Town"?
    Will Toph detect truth in quoted posts from 2nd players (From the position of being true for that 2nd player)within a 1st players post?

46. ISO #46

Quote Originally Posted by FM Gerik View Post
    FM Yayap demanded I ask (some of) this and I never did..

Can Toph detect ‘truth’ from a players comment even if that player has no way of knowing what he said is true or not? No.
    Will Toph's feedback be changed by obscure details (Such as referring to the Gaang as "Green alignment" or "Town"? Any of those phrasings are valid. We're not complete dicks, you know.
    Will Toph detect truth in quoted posts from 2nd players (From the position of being true for that 2nd player)within a 1st players post?
    No. Quotes will be ignored when evaluating the truth of a post.

47. ISO #47

Announcement

There have been a few questions about this to me, so I'm just going to clarify publicly so everyone is aware: The Fire Nation may only perform one killing action per night. Killing abilities include: mafia factional kill (anyone can do this instead of their normal actions), bruiser's ability, disguising, any killing abilities gained by a thief, Phoenix King's Sabotage (not his prep), and Crown Princess's charge.

So to all those who worried about a second Fire Nation-induced genocide tonight, fear not. Well, fear less. For now.
    Last edited by Forum Mafia GM; January 3rd, 2015 at 01:15 PM.

48. ISO #48

If a fire bender was a sheriff and targeted Hama, would they appear as enemy?
    Also if a non-fire bender sheriff targeted Hama, would they appear as friendly?

If Zuko had sheriff as a secondary role and targeted the combustion man, would he appear as friendly?
    Anyone else except Zuko, Ozai, Azula, used sheriff on the combustion man would appear as an enemy yes?

49. ISO #49

Quote Originally Posted by FM Narks View Post
    If a fire bender was a sheriff and targeted Hama, would they appear as enemy?
    Also if a non-fire bender sheriff targeted Hama, would they appear as friendly?
    She would appear hostile to any sheriffs because even though she doesn't need to defeat the town, she is not town and must see some town members die to win.
    If Zuko had sheriff as a secondary role and targeted the combustion man, would he appear as friendly?
    Anyone else except Zuko, Ozai, Azula, used sheriff on the combustion man would appear as an enemy yes?
    He would appear hostile for similar reasons as above.

50. ISO #50