Laws of the Fire Nation (Rules)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Laws of the Fire Nation (Rules)

1- No Outside of Game Discussion:
    No PMs, no Rep, no visitor messages, no skype, etc. Not even with people not playing.
    Violators will be mod-killed.

2- Lurking / AFK:
    I expect everyone to be able to post at least five times during the day. This is the bare minimum. I would obviously prefer for everyone to post much more than this. And no, posting in night chats doesn't count toward this minimum. But if you're shooting for the minimum every day, you still probably shouldn't play this game.

3- Profiles:
    Invisible mode will be mandatory. You may not turn it off.

4- Avatars
    Everyone must have an avatar.
    Please refrain from changing your avatar during the game.

5- Questions:
    Questions MUST be asked in Lime Green or Rainbow. They will be ignored otherwise.
    The FAQ will be updated with answers to questions asked in game.

6- Post Content:
    Posts must be in English. Exceptions include in-game made codes (see 8- Codes and Encrypted Messages), and common phrases from other languages that are used in English conversations.

7- Images, Videos, Links, Annoying Formatting, etc:
    • Images - Permitted. We reserve the right to revoke this if it's abused.
    • Videos - Permitted. We reserve the right to revoke this if it's abused.
    • Links - Links are permitted. We reserve the right to revoke this if it's abused.
    • Marquee, spoiler, blackout and other BBcode - Permitted but please do not abuse & your votes may be void if the [vote] bbcode doesn't pick up your vote.
    • Invisible Ink - Permitted, but use at your own risk.

8- Codes and Encrypted Messages:
    All codes must be made within this game. No codes from previous games or from outside discussion are allowed. All codes must be made in such a way that anyone who knows the code may de-code it without the use of any outside programs/websites.

9- Behavior:
    I expect all players to act maturely and use common sense when posting. That being said, this is Mafia and it is understood that insults can be effective day chat tools. I will contact you via PM to discuss questionable posts.
    Behavior deemed inappropriate will result in an infraction on your main account. Repeat offenders will have their bending removed (mod-killed).

10- Lying about game/role mechanics:
    Permitted. However, if someone asks about it in the FAQ or in Lime Green/Rainbow in the game thread, then I will give the correct answer.

10.5- Lying in general:
    You may lie about more or less anything. You may lie about feedback, codes, your role, your alignment, what you ate for breakfast, or anything in between. However, please keep it relevant to the game.

You may even lie about having real-life commitments keeping you from posting more. However, if you're going to lie about being busy, don't use potentially serious personal/family emergencies (including but not limited to: disability/illness/injury/death) as your alibi(s). That is disrespectful to people who have legitimate emergencies and will get you mod-killed if discovered. Plus, if you are posting so infrequently that the only lie you can come up with to explain your inactivity is one that involves some type of serious emergency, you were probably going to be mod-killed for inactivity soon anyway. If you legitimately have one of these emergencies, however, please notify one of the hosts and let us know if you would like to be replaced or when you might be available to return to the game.

11- Mod-kills:
    Will be replaced until the Reserve list is depleted, then the player will be mod-killed.

12- COM Names:
    No COM claiming. No COM hunting (even in night chats).
    Violators will be mod-killed.

13- Communication with the FM Game Master:
    I enjoy conversations with others, getting to know what is going through their heads when they make certain decisions. Our conversations will remain private. Do not expect any substantial replies.

14- PMs from the GM:
    You may not post a screen shot of the PM. You may also not directly quote anything I write to you. You may paraphrase.

15- Passwords:
    You may change your password. But if I ever find that I need access to your account, it will be reset back to the original password.
    If you are a role that takes over accounts, then the password will always be your original password.
    If your account is only temporarily taken over, it will be reset back to your original password.
    For these reasons, it's advised that you remember the password I assign you or keep it written down somewhere.

16- Day/Night Cycle
    Days and nights (with the exception of day 1) will cycle every 48 hours regardless of votes. Votes will only be applied at the end of the day (except in the case of a Marshall-induced multi-lynch day) meaning that only the vote count at the end of the day matters. If someone reaches the required number of votes by mid-day, but enough people unvote by day's end, that person will not be lynched.
    Day 1 will last 72 hours.

17- Gamethrowing
    Always play to your win condition. It's one thing to make a mistake and trust the wrong player, or take the wrong action. But if you intentionally try to make your team lose, or purposely take actions that you know will be detrimental to you or your team, you will be modkilled.
    Last edited by Forum Mafia GM; January 5th, 2015 at 06:05 PM.