Community Challenge: Solve this Bug. (Game Freeze)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Community Challenge: Solve this Bug. (Game Freeze)

Hello guys,

Today I had a nice game as consigliere but suddenly at day 9 after the guilty/inno votes my game was 'frozen'. The problem is, it's the second time already in 2 days... I checked my internet and there was nothing wrong. It just happened after the voting. I waited 2-3 minutes but nothing happened... I already saw a similar topic here with ''unlimited night'' or something. I will upload the replay for u guys so check it out.
    Feel free to ask any questions.

Greets,

Faith
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. ISO #2

TEST

uhm i just made a thread about it but the thread never appeared in the forums?

lol? do u rly want me to type all that again?

was a glitch or something where you where not able to vote on players, the game moved slowly forward. when we hit night time the game total standed still. you where able to pause game and talk if someone lagged out. we left after 5-10 minutes waiting in this freeze.

3 ppl left, i was turned into cultist. some gamethrower said he converted me when he got lynched. actually it was 3v1 and i was sheriff. and he converted me when we were to lynch him. and mayor + vigilante vs me. then next day when about to vote some freeze happend and it moved slowly forward. you where not able to vote. you watched 35 seconds timer for vote just go down. u could click and see that u click vote but nothing happend. after that i was called hacker.
    here u see before timer starts on vote. 100% that they knew i was cultist.
    https://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...C8A3330FCFC3A/

and here it laggs out in the night.

https://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...E5BC94994F699/

here u see the Log (right side, The Log slider became half size) appeared when the freeze happend. i should taken a screenshot of when
    someone lagged out and u would seen everyone claims hacker and says game freeze but not avalible to vote. ppl go Mad as hell since they where to win against me and then this happends. now they think it was me that does this cause this guy make me cultist then says im cult when hes lynched. he knew he was dead so he converted me aswell.

https://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...58FA2F09D8DA2/

this final pics shows the game froze, still same point at night and same chat. i show picture before chatlog, then i open chatlog. then i write in chat. the night sequence should already started and i should already get the . you can convert 1 player this night. and then choise to convert someone.

https://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...E13CF471D3119/

3. ISO #3

TEST

!!!!!!!!!!!!!, my setup has broken the game 2 times now!!!!!!!!!!!

i got screenshots and replay!!!! il explain.

my setup is 2 cultist + sk and exe + 2 random benign, excluding jester and cult.

rest townies.

when the 4th cultist is lynched and its 2 cultists left. then the game freezes the very next night! this happend twice.

so here is the situation on this game. it was 3v3, 3 townies vs 3 cults. the 3 cults could no longer convert ppl and nothing happend each day.
    after 3 days, ballot was inserted. all 3 townies voted to lynch a cultist. but the cultists voted 1 vote on each townie.
    wich means 3 votes on one target with 3 votes on single targets. so we lynched the cultist. everyone was supriced. this was the 4th cult with 2 left alive.
    right after lynch the text within the game becomes smaller. and when night starts the entire game crashes!

here you see when we lynch 4th cultist. you can also see my text just became smaller.
    https://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...D2345A64B7F62/
    here you will see the incoming night stuck
    https://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...A09B5886415F0/
    here you see me typing and someone who left after 5 min wait.
    https://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...EB83B1364779E/
    here you see everyone leaves the game
    https://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...B5C7708FDB70A/

ps this happend once before, (this was not my save tho) it was 3 townies i believe vs 2 cults. me and one more was cult. when that one cult was lynched, he was 5th cult then i was just waiting for them to lynch me next day. and ofcourse game breaks again and people though i did this crash and they called me a hacker.
    https://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...E5BC94994F699/
    and this confirms the picture above
    https://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...E13CF471D3119/

4. ISO #4

TEST

Does this require more information other then Attachment 17190 Save?

Day 7, 4 town alive, godfather leaves after being unable to kill the investigator three times in a row and the judge getting spotted and lynched. I decided to -suicide since the game was a guaranteed win regardless whether I lived or not. At the moment of the suicides between 2 people (me and GF) the game stops. People were able to pauze the game. I was even able to get the STOP SPAMMING message after trying to spam the chat.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

TEST

Nothing much more too it. Day 7 it was a townie, Disguiser=Mafioso (me) and the Judge left

Me and the judge put up the Townie, and as soon as we both voted guilty (or at least I hope he did, we'll nevr fucking know)....the game froze. I mean everything was still moving, but the votes...never loaded. Like the trigger malfunctioned or something.

Not sure if it's hax or not but I doubt it because that's just malarky; you can't just freeze the game as you please. This was clearly a trigger load error that I've never witnessed before ever.

I wouldn't mind if I was going to lose, but I was not only going to win, but I came back heavily (if you watch).

So with that I say Bye...Again. Kind of sad; was really hoping to get back into -Mafia- with most of the corruptness gone. Never thought a gamebreaking trigger load error would make me leave again. Simply ludicrous

"SO UR LEVING COZ OF 1 GAME HUEHEUUEH U PLEB" Knowing that glitches like these are occurring I don't want to have to bother dealing with them again. Kind of tired of losing, you know? Especially cheaply. lol

Attachment 17329

7. ISO #7

Re: Freeze after voting

I had a similar issue...
    At day 9 when we wanted to lynch the last townie the game froze at the execution.
    It was the marines execution and they were shooting at an invisible thor instead of the actual player character and later on killed that thor and just stopped doing anything then.
    Attachment 17331
    After like 5 minutes of waiting I left the game.
    Images attachées Images attachées

8. ISO #8

TEST

Above & BELOW.
    Are Bug reports about the game freezing.

The problem is, they cannot be fixed until the reason they happen is discovered. A constant repeating itself causing it to break.

Which is why, it is now offered to the community to solve this mystery.
    Feel free to suggest reasons to why they break, if one sounds good enough it can be tested for a constant.
    Or you might even discover the exact reason resulting in no need to test it.

-Please note, that all the replays above might not be the same bug.
    -Any other Freeze game bug reports, please post here. More reports= more evidence

Also
    2000 Points for the solution
    Last edited by SuperJack; November 13th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.

9. ISO #9

Re: TEST

I spent quite a bit of time digging through freeze replays and couldn't find a common element..
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Re: Community Challenge: Solve this Bug. (Game Freeze)

Sounds good. 1k points for any user that can find the root of the game freezes.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

On July 15th, 2014 Faith posts the first bug report about a game freeze in 2014. Since then the ammount of bug reports about freezes has increased. (I searched for "froze" & "freeze" & "stop")

The game often freezes after the votes have been counted/during the night sequenze.

Was there any update shortly before July 15th 2014? What was changed?

15. ISO #15

Don't know if this is at all helpful. I am actually CURRENTLY in a frozen game (And have been for a good ten minutes. At 4:37 the game stopped showing my chat in the chatbox - it would light up the names when people remaining in the game spoke, but we couldn't see words (I assume they were also chatting since mine lit up when I spoke). As it went to night, dread sunk in, and it failed to actually go to night.

We are permanently frozen at "It is too late to continue the forum."

This was a marathon attempt, day 24 (moving to night 24) with just enough people to finish it...

Coupled with the fact that it was also a Gate of Steiner run (which we had finished) and suicide hotline (for a few people) makes this pretty friggin painful.

I've now been hit with "You are AFK! Type -notafk or any message if you want to live!" five times now (and used -notafk) so the commands still work. I can click log, help, menu, etc.

Should I just leave, save the log and upload it and cry and move on? Keep hoping it'll fix itself (it's now almost 20 minutes of brokenness)?

Also I noticed in the sound there are some noises. Sounds like muffled boot sounds (like an army walking)

steinerrecliner.SC2Replay

There's the replay til I cried and gave up.
    Last edited by Shepherd; June 23rd, 2015 at 02:06 PM.

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

I experienced the same bug/glitch I assume .. It happened on Day 5. I think someone paused the game (don't know if it shows in replay .. haven't watched it yet) .. and the votes started going negative. We all ended up quitting the game.

Just putting this up to help track down the glitch.

-Mafia-Bug - Crash.SC2Replay

22. ISO #22

Here is another example of a night freeze. I don't know if the game bugged then people spam paused or people paused causing the problem, but there was a bit of pausing going on. -Mafia- (710).SC2Replay

Another one, On a silly mostly neuts save the game bugged out during day, nobody could talk or vote correctly. The previous night, crier and judge were spamming symbols in chat, but that may be unrelated.
    -Mafia- (733).SC2Replay
    Last edited by Tristan379; March 16th, 2016 at 10:28 AM.