Tower of God - 9F
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

Post Tower of God - 9F

What's up, everyone? Surprised to see the old good avatar of mine now? The change of my avatar means one thing - a new challenge for you regulars is now availible! This time, it will be an individual challenge where each participating regular will aim to show his best possible results. This month, you shall play the certain game. And the name of that game will be...

Tower of God - 9F:

To participate in this challenge, you need to install Pokemon Reborn on your computer. You can download this fan-made Pokemon game from Pokemon Reborn website.

The objective of your challenge might be simple, yet you will quickly find out that it will be your most difficult challenge that you have ever faced, cosindering the fact that you have to finish this challenge on your own. In the game that you have installed, you need to catch as many different kinds of Pokemon as possible - in other words, filling up your Pokedex! Pokemon from all 6 generations will be obtainable in this game, so if your dedication is strong enough you can end up with several hundred entries in your Pokedex. And yeah - the amount of Test Points awarded will be proportional to the amount of Pokemon that you have registered in your Pokedex. Shiny Pokemon in your collection can also increase your overall score. But it you think that this game will be all about catching Pokemon, that you are clearly wrong! Of course you have to make some progress in the game itself in order to unlock new areas where you can catch new Pokemon. Besides, it's always thrilling to find out who can catch the most amount of Pokemon ^^

In order to participate in this challenge, you need to install the game and notify everyone in this thread that you are willing to participate. You also need to tell everyone which starter Pokemon you will begin with. Pokemon Reborn will allow you to choose from one of 18 possible starters: Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, Snivy, Chespin, Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Tepig, Fennekin, Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott, Froakie. Just make sure that each one of you picks up a different starter Pokemon.

The entire challenge will last from October 1st to November 1st. That will be your time limit. Once October ends, so does the challenge. Before the deadline ends, you need to send me a copy of your own save file to my email: fragsbunny@gmail.com. This will allow me to directly evaluate your own Pokedex and see how far you have progressed. If you decide to give on your challenge midway for some reasons, you should still send me copy of your save file so that you can earn some Test Points. I'm not planning to give any hints to you on how to beat the game, but you are free to share your experiences with each other in this thread.

One more thing. Among those regulars that have decided to participate in this test, there will be always at least one loser. That will be the person who caught the least amount of Pokemon after the test ends. So you your best to catch as many Pokemon as possible! You also need to send your save file to me before the deadline ends, or else you will also fail the test. If you end up with least amount of the Pokedex entries, you'll lose Test Points instead of gaining then. The second to last place person's Test Points will not gain any Test Points at all (but he won't lose then either), so do your best to WIN! You have entire month in your disposal, so use your time well.

If you are not a fan of Pokemon or whatever, you can abstain from this challenge if you want. But for those who decided to participate I wish you good luck!

Spoiler : Forum Mafia History :
    FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Tower of God - 9F

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    I claim Bulbasaur.
    So this means you are already going to participate?

And Nick, if your "test" ever turns into real deal, mind telling us your starter already?

FMVI: Seer FMVII: Lookout FMIX: Propagandist FMX: Arsonist FMXI:Janitor FMXIII: Corrupt Journalist
    FMXIV: Lookout FM XVI: Vigilante FM XVII: Host FM XVIII: Witch FM XIX: Bounty Hunter FMXX: Electro Maniac

5. ISO #5

Oh, I almost forgot to add important information!

The save file you need to send to me is called "Game.rxdata". Don't forget that before sending anything to me. You can send your save files at any day, not just near the end of the month.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

So, there are already two fierce rivals, competing for Reborn Pokedex! Will there be any more challengers?

Come in, everyone! This test is going to challenge more than just your own wits. The earlier you start, the better chances for you! Nick and SuperJack already got their headstart.

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

With powerofdeath's recent PM to me, there should be 3 participating regulars... Is that it?

Well, I can't blame you, since only about 10 people have seen this thread - our site is still largely inactive. I'll probably give some wake up calls if nessesary, but I'm sure that with the current popularity level more regulars will start to flow in. Damus Graves have just returned, so he'll eventually see this as well... Just keep spreading the word!

By the way, I hope you still remember that Heart Gold Community Nuzlocke? Out of all Nuzlocke games that I have prevously made, that one was a total blast. I have another similar thing in mind, but it does not relate to Pokemon at all, and will probably not relate to Tower of God either. Unfortunately, my life is still busy, so I'm just using this 9F challenge as some sort of excuse to take a break from Tower myself )

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

It has been nearly a week, so who is still partcipating in this challenge? I am planning to give a spare week for those who start out late.

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

But of course! This is the part of the challenge as well. If you can't beat then, then try to focus on capturing the Pokemon that are still avalible to you.

Or are you afraid that SuperJack gets the bast of you?

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

Don't forget that your primary goal is not competling gyms one after another, but collecting as many Pokemon as possible with the given time limit. Maybe once your game comes to an end, other will be probably impressed to play it in the next month.

30. ISO #30

Also, the Reborn team is using their own variation of Shiny Pokemon. Here is an example of shiny Squirtle evolution line:

Last edited by Fragos; October 10th, 2014 at 01:44 AM.

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Speaking of which... the shiny Ponyta is nothing special, but shiny Rapidash in Pokemon Reborn is a competely different story:

35. ISO #35

I´m joining in too with Fennekin.
    Playing already since 3 days, I´m searching the way to the 4th badge atm.^^

My Team:
    Primeape lvl 37
    Diggersby lvl 38
    Delphox lvl 40
    Meowstic lvl 37
    Pachirisu lvl 38 (MVP)
    Aromatisse lvl 36

Then a little question, since I never played gen6 I´m not that familiar with the pokemon their, is Noibat worth training? I used it in beginning, but the stats growth was horrible and it just died one hit from everything on the same lvl, thought it is a dragon and the max stats dont seem so bad on Bulbapedia.
    Last edited by Helios; October 13th, 2014 at 06:43 AM.
    This is the Revolution. The glorious Evolution. There is no light, without shadow.

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

Since Corvey (the bridge jumper) never gives you a badge I dont count him, since the actual poison badge is the 5th, I just finished the 4th (Omen Badge) were you need to fight Shade.
    And yeah I have plenty free time atm holidays and stuff.^^ So my overall playtime lays at 24 hours, the problem I actually have is to keep my pokemon under the lvl cap, I needed 4 tries for the first badge because 2 of my six pokes were overlvld lol.
    Last edited by Helios; October 13th, 2014 at 07:32 AM.
    This is the Revolution. The glorious Evolution. There is no light, without shadow.

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Shinies... they mean nothing if they don't have bonus stats. Only IVs and potential count.
    Yeah, agree on that, i found only 5 so far anyway, all pretty useless (Bidoof, Makuhita, e.t.c.)
    Last edited by Helios; October 13th, 2014 at 08:41 AM.

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

42. ISO #42

Yeah my Meowstic is awesome, espacially for the fighting and poison gyms.^^ I´m at Pyrous mountain atm, the battle music there contains tetris. XD

Also Flame Body everywhere and no Burn Heals T.T
    Last edited by Helios; October 13th, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

wow thats bad. XD I´m at the 7th badge atm and I can tell this is by far the hardest pokemon game ever, not alone the fights but the puzzles I need to solve the whole time, just so difficult.

Edit: Also I need to battle a giant Steelix now, wich is lvl 75 (my max lvl is 55 atm)
    Last edited by Helios; October 14th, 2014 at 10:16 AM.

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50