Register

User Tag List

Thread: Evil Citizen

1. ISO #1

Evil Citizen

Name could be a thousand things.

Pretty much a copy of the cit but for neutral roles. The only way it would come into play is by an auditor auditing neutrals. As it stands now if an auditor audits a witch the witch turns into a citizen (ect). This turns an evil players action into a pro-town action. Kind off offsets the roles purpose to some extent.

Special condition would be that it wins all ties.

This idea came from talking to some people over time. Im pretty indifferent about it but enough people said "This is a good idea" if figured I would throw it here to get some more thoughts.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Evil Citizen

True. Maybe turning them into survivors would be better?

The evil citizen would need to maintain an evil win condition to preserve the auditors action as anti-town if they are not just switched to survivor. And turning true neutrals into evil aligned would play into the auditor being evil.

Also I think crypt is right. Players might hate the role even more than a normal citizen. It could make people just quit after being audited. But at the same time I dont see very many people leave when they become a stump and that is much worse than citizen..
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptonic View Post
    I like the idea, but 99% of people hate playing Citizen as it is lol
    True, but it keeps the fact that they are evil and have a motive to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkLiveLife View Post
    True. Maybe turning them into survivors would be better?

Personally i do not liek this. If every evil becomes neutral survivor its basicly a buuff for them

The evil citizen would need to maintain an evil win condition to preserve the auditors action as anti-town if they are not just switched to survivor. And turning true neutrals into evil aligned would play into the auditor being evil.

that im against, neutral have motives to do nothing or make noise. they wither win with everyone (suvivor), by dying (jester) or getting somone killed (executioner). making them win with one side (evil) seems like a nerf to them

Also I think crypt is right. Players might hate the role even more than a normal citizen. It could make people just quit after being audited. But at the same time I dont see very many people leave when they become a stump and that is much worse than citizen..

maybe so but it maintains the ballence of what its intention is. stump is more stupid and just hilarity thing then it being worse IMO

6. ISO #6

Ah, I already gave my thoughts on this over skype, but here's the rundown.

1. Absolutely, an auditor targeting and evil role should not then convert the evil into town. As it stands only cultists are immune to being audited into town.

2. I originally suggested converting neuts into survivors, but I mostly agree with the concept of staying true to the evil nature of both auditor AND neuts. Neutrals could go either way, but being audited should tip them in balance of evil influence.

3. I don't think evil cit should be a starting role. Similar to how stump started out, I believe it should only be possible to become an evil citizen through gameplay. It's hard enough as is claiming a neutral benign role, evil cit starting role would completely change the gameplay of how town interacts with neutral benigns *(much more difficult).

Short Version:
    Evil Citizen - Yes please
    Neutral Benign? - No, Neutral Evil
    Applies to all neutrals, even benigns? - Yes
    Starting Role Option - No, only achievable through auditing