Small amnesiac option
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Small amnesiac option

I feel that amnesiac should have a toggle-able extra win requirement: that he has to choose a role before half the days of the whole game have been done (rounding down on odd numbered total days). So in a 7-day game the amnesiac must have selected a role by night 3 (6 nights) or in a 10-day game the amnesiac must've selected a role by night 4 (9 nights)

Without this win condition:

-Many people just claim survivor and literally play the game out as survivor without bulletproof vests! It basically makes the role totally pointless!

-Most people I see wait until the near-end of the game and just role-snipe the team that's winning. For example, a scenario where there are 2 mafia, 2 town and an amnesiac. People literally just choose the dead framer and the game ends immediately and anti-climatically. Or in a 9 town 1 mafia situation people will seriously take on the dead sheriff (no joke) and make it impossible for the last, feeble mafioso.

-Many people are indecisive and, by the time they've decided on what role to be or found a role they want to be, the game is already concluded anyway destroying the point of ever choosing someone.

With this win condition:

-It will alleviate the problem of people who care about literally nothing but winning and role-snipe towards the end because at such an early stage of the game choosing the alignment with an advantage won't totally screw over the other alignment.

-It will guarantee amnesiac satisfies the point of neutral benign: Causing chaos - not cementing the victory of one alignment.

-It will make underdog situations more common. For example, if only town have died the amnesiac will be forced to take on a dead townie even if town is losing.

-It will add an interesting gambling mechanic ("do I just play it safe and take a role tonight to avoid a silly loss or do I gamble an extra night to see if I can get a more fun role")

-It will force people to actually play their role rather than "claim surv" and go afk.

But I like the current amnesiac more stop assuming everyone wants things your way

Now, now. When did I ever give the impression of arrogance? It's almost like your accusing me of writing page-long rants and raging at people who don't share my opinion.

If I was unclear, I suggest this additional win variable as a toggle-able option in the win setup. Not a forced change on everyone. I think there are a lot of people who would prefer this system, for the reasons above. But I can also think of some reasons why you might prefer the original amnesiac.
    Last edited by yzb25; June 29th, 2014 at 10:48 AM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Small amnesiac option

I can see your point, and making it a toggle option might be an idea. I guess someone will agree with you, but I won't. Forcing an amnesiac to remember the role of a losing side and/or making hasty desicions of what role to take seems not right IMO. This will nerf the amnesiac hard since his win conditions will be particulary harder to achieve. He is as you say (until he remembers a role), a survivor without vests. The point with amnesiac is to know when to remember the right role at the time. The longer he waits, the better chance he has to make the right choice.

Besides, the funniest thing with amnesiac is to remember neutral killer role the last night in a 1v1v1 (maf/triad-town-amne) stand off and get the whole win by yourself

Keep amnesiac as it is IMO. Pretending survivor is one way to avoid being killed off by the mafia just until you remember that Mass Murderer role and give them one hell of a WTF moment! You should try it.

3. ISO #3

Re: Small amnesiac option

I like the current amnesiac more, too, from a casual point of view. But of course it would be nice if there was an option for the harder-to-play amnesiac for more skilled in-houses, etc.
    This statement is false. Or.. Is it..? Actually, I think it is the following statement that is false. Also, the preceding statement is true. u wot m8?

If you aren't mindqf'd enough yet, go and try to solve THIS.